MATTHEW PERRY DEAD AT 54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can I ask you guys please .. previous precedent for this is the Michael Jackson case for involuntary manslaughter. What is the conspiracy element as far as Kenneth is concerned ? I know he didn’t act ideally but is conspiracy a stretch for him ? Fairly sure he wasn’t trying to kill him .. more maybe stuck between a rock and a hard place of him being sick v being sicker? Am I missing something ? It’s irrelevant now he’s taken a plea but is that because he wants or has to keep the details out of public view ?
Can see the doctors conspiring to make cash. Is the unsaid thing that Kenneth was shaving something off or profiteering from it himself ? I know he was paying way over the odds but any help understanding this very welcome.

As a Rush fan since I was 14 years old, of course I had to read Geddy Lee's autobiography when it came out late last year. He's quite candid about how they really started making money in the late 1970s, and of course the cocaine followed. They all liked it, and realized it was a problem when some really skanky people became band hangers-on. They all knew they were very fortunate that for all of them, it was a take it or leave it kind of thing.

I just wish Matthew Perry and his ilk could have done that.

Can I ask you guys please .. previous precedent for this is the Michael Jackson case for involuntary manslaughter. What is the conspiracy element as far as Kenneth is concerned ? I know he didn’t act ideally but is conspiracy a stretch for him ? Fairly sure he wasn’t trying to kill him .. more maybe stuck between a rock and a hard place of him being sick v being sicker? Am I missing something ? It’s irrelevant now he’s taken a plea but is that because he wants or has to keep the details out of public view ?
Can see the doctors conspiring to make cash. Is the unsaid thing that Kenneth was shaving something off or profiteering from it himself ? I know he was paying way over the odds but any help understanding this very welcome.
The charge isn't involuntary manslaughter, it is that he conspired to 'distribute' the ketamine (ie not for his own use but to make it available to others). So he got into a conspiracy with illegal dealers to illegally acquire the ketamine and then, to make the distribution charge more serious, the ketamine he illegally acquired caused the death of the person he gave/sold it to.

Don't know if you remember the woman who bragged to a tabloid that she'd injected John Belushi with the speedball that killed him. Well, the FBI came a-knocking about that and she went to jail.

JMO

As a Rush fan since I was 14 years old, of course I had to read Geddy Lee's autobiography when it came out late last year. He's quite candid about how they really started making money in the late 1970s, and of course the cocaine followed. They all liked it, and realized it was a problem when some really skanky people became band hangers-on. They all knew they were very fortunate that for all of them, it was a take it or leave it kind of thing.

I just wish Matthew Perry and his ilk could have done that.
Something that bothers me about people in Perry's world though. They can leave

For instance, I have some loved ones in addiction, whos children were teetering on the ledge of doing it too, as well as geting involved in gangs. For all the rehabs, destoxes, therapy, peer mentoring, nothing worked, because the state plopped her right back into a ghetto complex surrounded by junkies, dealers, pimps and predators

I always said, if there was someplace she could go, far away from here, where her connections are, and truly heal they might have had a chance. But people like Perry DO have that chance, and I don't understand why they stay in Hollywood when they don't have to

But then I guess I need to remember that addicts are, by their very nature, selfish and secretive. I just wish it had been different, for all of them, for all the souls dying from this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist
Back