Matthew Ward-Jackson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No they didnt, not that year. 2012 it was snowing in SW Ontario, so even evergreens would have looked white !!

At least we are only arguing about weather. My lawn and trees in Toronto were green, snow fell after Christmas. T shirt weather again in January.

At least we are only arguing about weather. My lawn and trees in Toronto were green, snow fell after Christmas. T shirt weather again in January.

Strange, I flew into Toronto airport on Dec 7th 2012 and it was snowing. It didnt stay long, but it had been snowing on and off since Oct in Ontario that year. There was a huge storm on Christmas Eve. Yes I dont mind arguing about the weather LOL

Just an FYI with regard to weather in Ontario...It can vary from one side of the street to the other. I live in KW ...work in South Cambridge. I have left my house many time in horrible weather only to drive out of it and totally Vice Versa.. I have had my head office (Burlington) closed down from storms while I can still see grass. So.....that's Ontario!

I remember the year of no winter, but couldn't remember which year it was, only that last year was the never-ending one. So I got curious and went looking. I think it was the previous year that it was so mild. There is a video on the Weather Network here that has a graph of 5 years of winter in Toronto starting in 2008. It shows December 2011 to February 2012 was the year we had no winter to speak of. 2012 to 2013 was back to lots of snow.

It is not the snow which makes the leaves turn colours and drop, it is the shortening of the days mixed with the cooler nights. It doesn't even have to be cold enough to snow, either, that's why leaves turn colours and drop from trees in the Autumn, not in the Winter.

It is not the snow which makes the leaves turn colours and drop, it is the shortening of the days mixed with the cooler nights. It doesn't even have to be cold enough to snow, either, that's why leaves turn colours and drop from trees in the Autumn, not in the Winter.

So safe to say that the pic was taken sometime before Autumn, and not linked to anything connected to the case. Which in my opinion makes the Twitter pics curiouser. Opening a Twitter and posting for a few days only, almost makes me think it was opened for a reason, and or to post certain pics,tweets. IMO

So safe to say that the pic was taken sometime before Autumn, and not linked to anything connected to the case. Which in my opinion makes the Twitter pics curiouser. Opening a Twitter and posting for a few days only, almost makes me think it was opened for a reason, and or to post certain pics,tweets. IMO

No it's not safe to say. Other means would be needed to confirm when the picture was taken; it would be nice if metadata were attached to the Twitter picture file.

I'm not asserting that the picture was taken in December 2012, but am saying that leaf colour and coverage or lack of snow should not be taken as proof that it wasn't.

It was possible for leaves and grass to be green in December 2012. Historical daily weather data is available on line. The Pearson/Mississauga station shows that 2012 was above average temperature including December 2012. December precipitation was mostly rain, with the first significant snowfall occurring on December 29th. Any snowfalls previous to this were few, light and of short duration and would have disappeared quickly with the temperature and rain.

As hopingforjustice pointed out, in southern Ontario there are microclimates, so even if there is snow at one place there may be none nearby.

With respect to foliage, timing of leaf colour change and drop is dependent on a lot of things, including the previous years' climate, soil moisture, air temperature and humidity, solar radiation, species, genetics and health of the tree. Delays of more than a month from average can happen. Generally for all trees, the degree of colour change decreases and date of drop increases with higher temperatures and lower solar radiation, both of which happened in 2012 (the fall was unusually overcast, which mutes colour change).

While snow does not initiate colour change or leaf drop other than by the associated low temperature, ironically the December 29 snowfall brought the green leaves down from my holdout trees.

No it's not safe to say. Other means would be needed to confirm when the picture was taken; it would be nice if metadata were attached to the Twitter picture file.

I'm not asserting that the picture was taken in December 2012, but am saying that leaf colour and coverage or lack of snow should not be taken as proof that it wasn't.

It was possible for leaves and grass to be green in December 2012. Historical daily weather data is available on line. The Pearson/Mississauga station shows that 2012 was above average temperature including December 2012. December precipitation was mostly rain, with the first significant snowfall occurring on December 29th. Any snowfalls previous to this were few, light and of short duration and would have disappeared quickly with the temperature and rain.

As hopingforjustice pointed out, in southern Ontario there are microclimates, so even if there is snow at one place there may be none nearby.

With respect to foliage, timing of leaf colour change and drop is dependent on a lot of things, including the previous years' climate, soil moisture, air temperature and humidity, solar radiation, species, genetics and health of the tree. Delays of more than a month from average can happen. Generally for all trees, the degree of colour change decreases and date of drop increases with higher temperatures and lower solar radiation, both of which happened in 2012 (the fall was unusually overcast, which mutes colour change).

While snow does not initiate colour change or leaf drop other than by the associated low temperature, ironically the December 29 snowfall brought the green leaves down from my holdout trees.

I dont agree with you. I have someone here who is a Horticulture Technician. It was snowing from Oct onwards in small amounts and was very cold according to historic weather data. I am not sure which point you are trying to prove. I am pointing out that I do not believe that pic to have been taken in Dec 2012 thats my opinion based on what I clearly remember from that time and from data together with an experts opinion. Are you trying to say that you think the pic was taken in December? Just wondering which point you are focusing on.

Read my first two sentences again.

I suggest that you contact Environment Canada and tell them that you think their published weather data for 2012 is wrong.

Do we know where Wayne Millard is buried?

Most cemeteries list the people buried there. I wonder why his location had to be secret?

His father’s body was cremated at the Riverside Cemetery & Cremation Centre in Toronto and interred at an unknown location.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...r_lengthy_delay_in_dellen_millard_probes.html

Does the Millard family own a burial site there, or a "plot" in their cremations wall? The ashes would have been provided to the family, in any case. If they were kept in a little urn at the family home, early photographs show the whole place was trashed very quickly upon DM's arrest, where they ended up would be anybody's guess. (Maybe, besides ads for cheap "unused" cremation urns online, kijiji has some "slightly used" ones for an even better price?) Otherwise, and much more likely IMO, his ashes were scattered at one or more of his favoured locations. MOO.

That being said, there is a memorial page online at the Ward Funeral Homes website http://www.wardfuneralhome.com/book-of-memories/1428249/Millard-Wayne/view-candles.php They have an Oakville location.

The memorial page says the interment was at Riverside Crematorium. They have an indoor niche, an outdoor columbarium, ground burial and a mausoleum crypt. Why do people not think he's there?

Because no one felt the need to tell reporters a year and a half later, doesn't mean it was a secret at the time.

Read my first two sentences again.

I suggest that you contact Environment Canada and tell them that you think their published weather data for 2012 is wrong.

I did, I still don't see where you were heading, but it doesn't matter. Environment Canada presumably gave an overall account not a specific account that indicates all snowfall, so no point telling them anything unless they have a day by day account on the record.

I guess there was a reason for posting those specific pics. A strange collection imo

The memorial page says the interment was at Riverside Crematorium. They have an indoor niche, an outdoor columbarium, ground burial and a mausoleum crypt. Why do people not think he's there?

Because no one felt the need to tell reporters a year and a half later, doesn't mean it was a secret at the time.

Don't cemeteries have a list of the interred and the cremated ? At the cemetery where my grandparents are buried they have a list of all who are laid to rest there.

Found this, but I think its just interments not cremations.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=2305996

Some cemeteries have lists, if they're the sort of place with an office etc. Most aren't. Some gravesites have some kind of monument, if the family can afford it. Some do not. In fact, if you're interested in genealogy, you can have the dickens of a time finding out where somebody is buried. The findagrave website is a volunteer effort on the part of many people who go to local cemeteries and jot down the names and vitals.

It looks to me like the Ward Funeral Home may have been where WM was sent, thence to Hillside for the cremation and thereafter who can say for sure. I guess someone would have to literally go to Hillside in person and inquire.

The only reason for my originally posing the question is that the police seemed quite determined to find remains of LB at the farm. The immediate reports after they poked around for a few days were that they hadn't turned up anything that seemed immediately useful regarding their investigation. Yet some months later they DID lay the additional charges. Did they find something after all? If, what they found, were human remains in the form of ashes, might these actually belonging to WM and not LB? (I don't think DNA is available from ashes.) Anyway, something gave the police confidence in the sufficiency behind further charges but what was it? I'm not sure, frankly, that first degree murder charges could reliably rest on the testimony of MWJ and his ilk. JMO.

If you have photos of your trees full of green leaves in December in southern Ontario, and you can prove that those pictures were taken in December, I would love to see them. Because any tree that is still completely full of green foliage in December in Ontario is an anomaly, not the norm. Therefore, this picture was not taken in Ontario in December, unless every tree in that cemetery is an anomaly, and that's not how anomalies work. It is possible that the picture was taken much further south, where the where the sun sets later than it does in our latitude in December, but I would still have to agree with those who say that it was taken before December when it was posted.

What I find far more intriguing about that photo is not the season, but what he is holding and what the red thing on the ground in front of him is. In my opinion, there is actually a chance that there is some symbolism to to the red thing and whatever he's holding or doing with his hands. I don't think it's a random piece of highway trash, because it's still bright red, not dirty or faded.

If you have photos of your trees full of green leaves in December in southern Ontario, and you can prove that those pictures were taken in December, I would love to see them. Because any tree that is still completely full of green foliage in December in Ontario is an anomaly, not the norm. Therefore, this picture was not taken in Ontario in December, unless every tree in that cemetery is an anomaly, and that's not how anomalies work. It is possible that the picture was taken much further south, where the where the sun sets later than it does in our latitude in December, but I would still have to agree with those who say that it was taken before December when it was posted.

What I find far more intriguing about that photo is not the season, but what he is holding and what the red thing on the ground in front of him is. In my opinion, there is actually a chance that there is some symbolism to to the red thing and whatever he's holding or doing with his hands. I don't think it's a random piece of highway trash, because it's still bright red, not dirty or faded.

It was an anomalous year, at least in my neighbourhood, that was part of my point. All of the trees look like evergreens at the resolution I can see anyway. Makes sense especially at a rural cemetery where minimal maintenance is part of the design. My father is buried in a cemetery with all evergreens.

AD has already suggested that the red thing was a bandana, in an earlier post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member