Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stalking Laws

-Stalking is a crime under the laws of all 50 states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Territories, and the Federal government. Click here for a compilation of state, territory, tribal, and federal laws.
-Less than 1/3 of states classify stalking as a felony upon first offense.
-More than 1/2 of states classify stalking as a felony upon second offense or subsequent offense or when the crime involves aggravating factors.
-Aggravating factors may include: possession of a deadly weapon, violation of a court order or condition of probation/parole, victim under 16 years, or same victim as prior occasions.

Some things stalkers do:

-Follow you and show up wherever you are.
-Send unwanted gifts, letters, cards, or e-mails.
-Damage your home, car, or other property.
-Monitor your phone calls or computer use.
-Use technology, like hidden cameras or global positioning systems (GPS), to track where you go.
-Drive by or hang out at your home, school, or work.
-Threaten to hurt you, your family, friends, or pets.
-Find out about you by using public records or online search services, hiring investigators, going through your garbage, or contacting friends, family, neighbors, or co-workers.
-Posting information or spreading rumors about you on the Internet, in a public place, or by word of mouth.

-Other actions that control, track, or frighten you.

http://67.199.115.23/our-programs/stalking-resource-center/stalking-information

Stalking Laws

-Stalking is a crime under the laws of all 50 states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Territories, and the Federal government. Click here for a compilation of state, territory, tribal, and federal laws.
-Less than 1/3 of states classify stalking as a felony upon first offense.
-More than 1/2 of states classify stalking as a felony upon second offense or subsequent offense or when the crime involves aggravating factors.
-Aggravating factors may include: possession of a deadly weapon, violation of a court order or condition of probation/parole, victim under 16 years, or same victim as prior occasions.

Some things stalkers do:

-Follow you and show up wherever you are.
-Send unwanted gifts, letters, cards, or e-mails.
-Damage your home, car, or other property.
-Monitor your phone calls or computer use.
-Use technology, like hidden cameras or global positioning systems (GPS), to track where you go.
-Drive by or hang out at your home, school, or work.
-Threaten to hurt you, your family, friends, or pets.
-Find out about you by using public records or online search services, hiring investigators, going through your garbage, or contacting friends, family, neighbors, or co-workers.
-Posting information or spreading rumors about you on the Internet, in a public place, or by word of mouth.

-Other actions that control, track, or frighten you.

http://67.199.115.23/our-programs/stalking-resource-center/stalking-information

I might add that cyber stalking that crosses state lines, or national boundaries, can be a particularly sticky, and persistent legal headache for the accused cyberstalker.

The Use of Technology to Stalk -

Computers and the Internet

If stalkers have access to a victim's computer, they can track them by looking at the history or websites visited on the computer. Spyware software on computers (sometimes sent through e-mail) can send stalkers a copy of every keystroke made, including passwords, Web sites visited, and e-mails sent by victims.

Stalkers can also use the Internet to contact or post things about the victim on message board or discussion forums. They may also verbally attack or threaten victims in chat rooms. Some stalkers will post threatening or personal information about the victim ? including the victim's full name and address. Often stalkers will e-mail the victim, or fill their in-box with spam and have been known to send viruses or other harmful programs to victims' computers.

http://67.199.115.23/our-programs/s...ng-information/the-use-of-technology-to-stalk

The Use of Technology to Stalk -

Computers and the Internet

If stalkers have access to a victim's computer, they can track them by looking at the history or websites visited on the computer. Spyware software on computers (sometimes sent through e-mail) can send stalkers a copy of every keystroke made, including passwords, Web sites visited, and e-mails sent by victims.

Stalkers can also use the Internet to contact or post things about the victim on message board or discussion forums. They may also verbally attack or threaten victims in chat rooms. Some stalkers will post threatening or personal information about the victim ? including the victim's full name and address. Often stalkers will e-mail the victim, or fill their in-box with spam and have been known to send viruses or other harmful programs to victims' computers.

http://67.199.115.23/our-programs/s...ng-information/the-use-of-technology-to-stalk

How is all this tied to the topic? I've seen the "cease and desist" coverage but has an attorney alleged cyberstalking?

JMO

How is all this tied to the topic? I've seen the "cease and desist" coverage but has an attorney alleged cyberstalking?

JMO

I believe that this is in response to your post up-thread that Libel not being a crime, which it in fact is. In addition to being subject to criminal prosecution, a civil suit can also be filed.

I believe that this is in response to your post up-thread that Libel not being a crime, which it in fact is. In addition to being subject to criminal prosecution, a civil suit can also be filed.

Libel is not a crime in America. We enjoy freedom of speech and truth is a complete defense.

JMO

<modsnip>.

I doubt Dina's legal team view Max's death as a result of "ordinary negligence" because her medical expert has publicly stated her opinion of homicide. I also doubt they are floating their strategy any place the case is being discussed on the Internet because they don't need to do so. It's been fairly straight-forward. First to LE, then the City Council and the next steps don't need to be announced ahead of time.

Jonah wasn't there so he can't be 100% the proximate cause.

JMO

BBM

It's my opinion that Dina's appearance before the Coronado City Council was orchestrated as a PR move, and part of her planned media campaign to keep her ideas/ scenario covered by MSM. A way to keep control of the rankings on the internet search engines, also-- ensure "her" coverage with "her headlines" will pop up at the top of the searches. Because I also am confident that Dina knew that her appeal (public comments section of their meetings and minutes) to the city council would not (could not) be formally acted upon, or even commented on. The city council neither would, not probably could, "force" the case to be reopened. It was a great media opportunity, but a hollow gesture for action. And, of course, got her more air time from interviews. A great PR move, imo.

But, this was as empty a move, IMO, as Jonah's "appeal" to the AG to "review" Rebecca's case-- which everyone knew would be rapidly turned down, because it wasn't within the boundaries of what the AG could do as requested by Jonah. Another of those "looks good, but means nothing" moves.

So, the city council appearance, imo, was part of the plan moving towards civil suits. So was the nonprofit formation, imo, and the subsequent publicity and press conferences. The NP attempts to "legitimize" and mainstream the assault theory she developed. It is all part of the plan to demonstrate that Dina has "tried absolutely everything, and has no other recourse other than to file a civil lawsuit for her redress." So it can be mentioned over and over that she pleaded with the city council to reopen the case.

The change.org petition she started is for the same purpose, imo. The CA state government has not authority to do what she is petitioning them to do. But it looks good for your civil case to say you petitioned the state government, with no response to your concerns.

Nearly every move Dina has made publicly in the past year, IMO, is part of the plan she and her team are working on to further her agenda. Her agenda, imo, is filing and winning a civil suit against Jonah for a large sum of money. I think she may also file a symbolic vindictive civil suit against Rebecca's estate, and may also try to go after Rebecca's minor sister. And she has the absolute right in our system to keep working toward that, sadly.

None of my speculation means that I don't think Dina is a grieving mother, BTW. This behavior is all part of her grief processing, imo. I just happen to also believe she has been working thru her grief for the last year by creating a foundation for civil suits in a very calculated fashion. A lot of grief stricken people file civil suits-- it's not uncommon.

What I think is uncommon here is her continued attacks on a dead woman and a minor, which will possibly be displaced onto Jonah's bank accounts in a civil suit. Very disturbing.

BBM

It's my opinion that Dina's appearance before the Coronado City Council was orchestrated as a PR move, and part of her planned media campaign to keep her ideas/ scenario covered by MSM. A way to keep control of the rankings on the internet search engines, also-- ensure "her" coverage with "her headlines" will pop up at the top of the searches. Because I also am confident that Dina knew that her appeal (public comments section of their meetings and minutes) to the city council would not (could not) be formally acted upon, or even commented on. The city council neither would, not probably could, "force" the case to be reopened. It was a great media opportunity, but a hollow gesture for action. And, of course, got her more air time from interviews. A great PR move, imo.

But, this was as empty a move, IMO, as Jonah's "appeal" to the AG to "review" Rebecca's case-- which everyone knew would be rapidly turned down, because it wasn't within the boundaries of what the AG could do as requested by Jonah. Another of those "looks good, but means nothing" moves.

So, the city council appearance, imo, was part of the plan moving towards civil suits. So was the nonprofit formation, imo, and the subsequent publicity and press conferences. The NP attempts to "legitimize" and mainstream the assault theory she developed. It is all part of the plan to demonstrate that Dina has "tried absolutely everything, and has no other recourse other than to file a civil lawsuit for her redress." So it can be mentioned over and over that she pleaded with the city council to reopen the case.

The change.org petition she started is for the same purpose, imo. The CA state government has not authority to do what she is petitioning them to do. But it looks good for your civil case to say you petitioned the state government, with no response to your concerns.

Nearly every move Dina has made publicly in the past year, IMO, is part of the plan she and her team are working on to further her agenda. Her agenda, imo, is filing and winning a civil suit against Jonah for a large sum of money. I think she may also file a symbolic vindictive civil suit against Rebecca's estate, and may also try to go after Rebecca's minor sister. And she has the absolute right in our system to keep working toward that, sadly.

None of my speculation means that I don't think Dina is a grieving mother, BTW. This behavior is all part of her grief processing, imo. I just happen to also believe she has been working thru her grief for the last year by creating a foundation for civil suits in a very calculated fashion. A lot of grief stricken people file civil suits-- it's not uncommon.

What I think is uncommon here is her continued attacks on a dead woman and a minor, which will possibly be displaced onto Jonah's bank accounts in a civil suit. Very disturbing.

I don't see it any more disturbing than Beth Holloway's attempts to hold a minor or his parents accountable in her daughter's disappearance. Accountability is accountability and age should not be a factor in holding those responsible, also accountable, whether it be as juveniles or adults.

I agree that some of Dina's moves are of a strategic nature. No civil lawsuit will bring back Maxie but because his death was preventable, but it can help provide closure. I think any money she receives will be from Jonah's homeowners insurance company.

It is no different than RZ's family trying to keep her death in the media. I think Jonah's money is what they are after, too, but they have little hope of success at this point.

JMO

I don't see it any more disturbing than Beth Holloway's attempts to hold a minor or his parents accountable in her daughter's disappearance. Accountability is accountability and age should not be a factor in holding those responsible, also accountable, whether it be as juveniles or adults.

I agree that some of Dina's moves are of a strategic nature. No civil lawsuit will bring back Maxie but because his death was preventable, but it can help provide closure. I think any money she receives will be from Jonah's homeowners insurance company.

It is no different than RZ's family trying to keep her death in the media. I think Jonah's money is what they are after, too, but they have little hope of success at this point.

JMO

Homeowners Policy? :waitasec: Why would Dina get that and not Jonah if some accidental death is even covered. I can assure you that a huge claim to any insurance company would come with an investigation and they would probably fight it in court. And, I guess you ARE claiming that Dina is after money in all this.

BBM - I think this is preposterous. But then again, my theory is that Dina was the orchestrator of Rebecca's demise.

JMO

Money seems like a motive to others who speak the same language, imo.

Homeowners Policy? :waitasec: Why would Dina get that and not Jonah if some accidental death is even covered. I can assure you that a huge claim to any insurance company would come with an investigation and they would probably fight it in court. And, I guess you ARE claiming that Dina is after money in all this.

BBM - I think this is preposterous. But then again, my theory is that Dina was the orchestrator of Rebecca's demise.

Your theory has no basis or evidence. I've yet to see an insurance company deny a claim or even try to fight a claim in court that involves the accidental death of a child. There is no dispute that Max is dead and it wasn't by natural cause.

JMO

Children and other residents
Any individuals who live in the home are also covered by personal property and liability insurance if they are related to you (e.g., your children, an aging parent) or if they are under 21 years of age and in the care of any member of your family. So, if your daughter moves back in with you after college, she would be covered for personal property and liability insurance, even if she's over age 21, but a nonrelative would not.

http://www.360financialliteracy.org...e/Who-Is-Covered-under-Your-Homeowners-Policy

I hope the LHK forum does get called out and their identities are exposed. They have posted terrible lies about people and the slander toward Rebecca can only be referred to as heinous, imo.

I hope that the Zahaus have printed out everything ever written on that site and also the FF site from day one and that they drag the perps to court for the slanderous lies they told. I also hope they get outed ASAP for any stalking and all the other crimes they may have committed. I am shocked any reputable MD would use the LHK site for reference.

Also, if Dina or Jonah is involved then that would be sad. All they ever really had to do was give appropriate alibis for when Rebecca was killed and not try to control the investigations outcome by using their influence with Gore. I believe that I can fairly say that Gore was influenced by them when MSM showed that the underwear found in the the trash wasn't tested because Jonah said they were not Rebecca's and also because LE believed what Jonah said about the voice mail without any proof. Gore should know better from a PR POV but apparently he doesn't from other articles written. It's a wonder that the PR done here was so bad that Jonah and Dina came out looking how they did because Jonah must have paid at least a million or more for the services, imo. What I have written is only my opinion.

I hope the LHK forum does get called out and their identities are exposed. They have posted terrible lies about people and the slander toward Rebecca can only be referred to as heinous, imo.

I hope that the Zahaus have printed out everything ever written on that site and also the FF site from day one and that they drag the perps to court for the slanderous lies they told. I also hope they get outed ASAP for any stalking and all the other crimes they may have committed. I am shocked any reputable MD would use the LHK site for reference.

Also, if Dina or Jonah is involved then that would be sad. All they ever really had to do was give appropriate alibis for when Rebecca was killed and not try to control the investigations outcome by using their influence with Gore. I believe that I can fairly say that Gore was influenced by them when MSM showed that the underwear found in the the trash wasn't tested because Jonah said they were not Rebecca's and also because LE believed what Jonah said about the voice mail without any proof. What I have written is only my opinion.

Same goes for some of the posters on PATCH who posted horrible and untrue things about Bremner.

Also, if Dina or Jonah is involved then that would be sad. All they ever really had to do was give appropriate alibis for when Rebecca was killed and not try to control the investigations outcome by using their influence with Gore. I believe that I can fairly say that Gore was influenced by them when MSM showed that the underwear found in the the trash wasn't tested because Jonah said they were not Rebecca's and also because LE believed what Jonah said about the voice mail without any proof. Gore should know better from a PR POV but apparently he doesn't from other articles written. It's a wonder that the PR done here was so bad that Jonah and Dina came out looking how they did because Jonah must have paid at least a million or more for the services, imo. What I have written is only my opinion.

BBM. With all due respect, it is interesting that you accuse others of libel just because they express an opinion you don't agree with and yet you do the same thing.

RZ's death as to cause and manner has been officially ruled and she killed herself. The Sheriff publicly cleared both Dina and Jonah. If Gore allows himself to be influenced and has engaged in a cover-up, that also is a crime. Offering bribes is a crime. Where is the evidence that supports your allegations?

JMO

Your theory has no basis or evidence. I've yet to see an insurance company deny a claim or even try to fight a claim in court that involves the accidental death of a child. There is no dispute that Max is dead and it wasn't by natural cause.

JMO

Any individuals who live in the home are also covered by personal property and liability insurance if they are related to you (e.g., your children, an aging parent) or if they are under 21 years of age and in the care of any member of your family. So, if your daughter moves back in with you after college, she would be covered for personal property and liability insurance, even if she's over age 21, but a nonrelative would not.

http://www.360financialliteracy.org...e/Who-Is-Covered-under-Your-Homeowners-Policy

My theory that Dina orchestrated Rebecca's murder does have a lot of evidence to support her as a major suspect. She has no alibi. She was gone 12 hours or more from the hospital on Tuesday as far as we know giving her adequate time to plan a murder - and, she could very well have known when Rebecca was not at the mansion. I think she hated Rebecca for whatever reason, possibly just because she was with Jonah and saw her as competition for Max's affections. She made very iffy and unsupported claims about Rebecca. There's a wealth of stuff we have discussed about her thinking Max was suffocated - more motive. A witness placed her at the mansion late that might and her own sister claims she was at the mansion late that night - this is not just coincidental in my opinion. And, so on.

If Dina is looking to get a homeowners insurance payoff, then she is simply after money and not trying to prove an assault although I will not go into why. So, perhaps she switched gears since the 'assault' scenario didn't pan out.

I agree with others on here ... her maneuverings with the City Council and State Gov petition were not meant to lead to reopening of the case, it was simply for PR, to say she was doing something while promoting her charity, and/or to scare someone perhaps - my opinion of course. That is just not the legal route and about the least sensical route to take to get a case reopened.

BBM. With all due respect, it is interesting that you accuse others of libel just because they express an opinion you don't agree with and yet you do the same thing.

RZ's death as to cause and manner has been officially ruled and she killed herself. The Sheriff publicly cleared both Dina and Jonah. If Gore allows himself to be influenced and has engaged in a cover-up, that also is a crime. Offering bribes is a crime. Where is the evidence that supports your allegations?

JMO

And Max's death has been officially ruled an accident.

JMO

Liability and/or negligence must be proven. For example, if I slid on ice on a property and injured myself I must prove negligence. If I slid on an ice pool from a leaking gutter the homeowner had not fixed, they would be negligent. So will the staircase be considered Jonah's negligence?

Since Jonah is a wealthy man, I tend to believe Jonah is covered by a large umbrella policy. Whatever the homeowners policy falls short of covering monetarily, the umbrella policy could kick in. Two policies instead of one.

Liability and/or negligence must be proven. For example, if I slid on ice on a property and injured myself I must prove negligence. If I slid on an ice pool from a leaking gutter the homeowner had not fixed, they would be negligent. So will the staircase be considered Jonah's negligence?

Since Jonah is a wealthy man, I tend to believe Jonah is covered by a large umbrella policy. Whatever the homeowners policy falls short of covering monetarily, the umbrella policy could kick in. Two policies instead of one.

Well, that would be an interesting claim for Dina to make since she lived int hat house. Did Dina ever say anything about the staircase being unsafe? Would it matter in such a civil suit? And, how would that jive, if that is her claim now, with the claim in the reports that there was an assault and Max was lifted or somehow went over the balcony? Can she make any claim about a person/people being unsafe since there appears to be no written/legal agreement between her and Jonah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member