MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After returning from Holy Thursday service tonight, I watched my TiVo of NG.
Why Oh Why was RB on that show?
NG ripped him when she started describing how JS raised such a beautiful daughter.
NG should have been covering this story from the beginning until now.
She would have surely broken down some of these POI's by now. NG has her own take on this case and it seems to be the same as most of us here and some of the crazy ones on FB.
I can see why DB and KB didn't go on her show, they could not have handled the PRESSURE, which goes to show you just how bad they wanted to find their sister?
Why didn't BB go on the show, was he afraid as well? This is really disgusting!
Once again RB tries to make himself and his family look like they did nothing wrong and were handling their business correctly.
If this were the case PB would have never been missing to begin with.
If RB would have put half his energy into protecting PB the way he is trying to protect DB, maybe she would still be alive?
It is so easy to see why DB and KB are the way they are after listening to RB.
They all sound the same, from the Aunt on FB, to the sisters Mother as well. All of them, the entire family really need to take a long look at themselves and apoligize to the Sallis family.

I was glad when LE stated the Sallis families name first, and also when NG spoke highly of her as well.
I hope NG takes a personal liking to this case now and work it into her show regularly, so that justice can be served. Eventhough I think that LE have something up their sleeves that will help to charge these creeps.

I don't think the male body is related to this case at all. I think it is just a random person that no one reported missing. Like someone said in an earlier post, people go missing all of the time and no one reports them. There are many John, and Jane Doe's in Detroit morge and most likely other cities as well. However they did a special on the ones in Detroit because of the high numbers

Please let charges be made soon, how many do you all think will be charged?
I hope that there will be many charged in this case, because I think that many knew about it and wouldn't talk.
LE were looking near water and forest land, because they knew she was no longer with us.
I really think LE got lots of info from MJ while conducting those interviews and now they have a starting and ending place to put together and make this case complete.
I can tell by the way LE was talking that finding her body is a major break for them, even though they said they are starting from the beginning now.
I think that every thing LE says is to keep MJ and his crew wondering.

This may be a dumb question, but does the fact that the two were found on different sides of the dam mean anything?

Or are the gates opened regularly, so we can assume that the male body could easily have been on the other side recently?

Not dumb! There is pretty much a continual flow of water, with more gates being opened when the water is high. The dam is there to generate power. Floodgates are opened when there is danger that the water will flow over-top the dam and damage it. It's not the kind of dam that holds water back - in fact when many of the floodgates are opened due to increased water flow, the town of Port Deposit floods.

Here's an article from March 12 discussing the opening of 26 floodgates. So there have been periods of high water between the time Phylicia disappeared and now.
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...-gates-20110312_1_port-deposit-gates-ice-jams
"Shortly before noon Saturday, Exelon Power Co. had opened 26 of the floodgates on Conowingo Dam to accommodate the rush of rainwater and melting snow flowing down the Susquehanna River on the way to the Chesapeake Bay."

Here's a video of the dam from about that time that shows the velocity of the water as it comes through. The 2nd body could have come through the dam.
http://youtu.be/wSHRwHyRQoo

I'm looking for the transcripts for this evenings NG show (04/21/11) they are not yet posted. When they are I will be sure to link them for those unable to view NG's show.

On one of the news articles (I can't find it now) in the comments section, someone said that two people went over in a canoe upriver, and that the body of the man could be one of them.
I can't confirm this, but it may be a lead.

You know, I have not been very optimistic about P's chances from the start; I have never really felt she was alive, being held someplace. Yet this really comes as such a horrifying shock I can't think of anything else. I don't know what I was expecting, I guess, but not for Phylicia to be pulled out of the river.

I have always been angry, too, about how all of this came about and can't get over it. Many of us have younger siblings and it is difficult to understand how this horror was allowed to come near P. I don't consider the age of P's sister to be all that young...people have been in the military for 10 years by then, for heaven's sake. It is really upsetting that P was left alone in an apartment that clearly, by any standards, was not a safe environment for her.

I'm not worrying about how she will feel bad and guilty all her life. I am only concerned that this happened to Phylicia. I am sure her mom wishes that P had never found her sisters on FB, social networking has not been much of a friend in this case. Let's hope somehow it contributes to the downfall of the predators and now we can say it, MURDERERS.

You know, I have not been very optimistic about P's chances from the start; I have never really felt she was alive, being held someplace. Yet this really comes as such a horrifying shock I can't think of anything else. I don't know what I was expecting, I guess, but not for Phylicia to be pulled out of the river.

I have always been angry, too, about how all of this came about and can't get over it. Many of us have younger siblings and it is difficult to understand how this horror was allowed to come near P. I don't consider the age of P's sister to be all that young...people have been in the military for 10 years by then, for heaven's sake. It is really upsetting that P was left alone in an apartment that clearly, by any standards, was not a safe environment for her.

I'm not worrying about how she will feel bad and guilty all her life. I am only concerned that this happened to Phylicia. I am sure her mom wishes that P had never found her sisters on FB, social networking has not been much of a friend in this case. Let's hope somehow it contributes to the downfall of the predators and now we can say it, MURDERERS.

I feel very much the same way cluciano63. Pulled from a river was not what I expected. However I have had a deep seated fear she may have been disposed of in a dumpster and may have ended up in a landfill with no chance of ever being located, so I am grateful those fears were unfounded.

I'm an oldest so I have younger female siblings which I would fight to the death for, despite our having our own knock down drag out battles. I have no brothers - yet I have always been a 'little sister' to most guys I have become friends with. Men that while we are not blood related, they respect and watch out for a lady- and by that men from all walks of life. White collar, blue collar, rich, poor, in trouble or not.... It is just how men behave when they respect women. (Heck, I am a white girl from the far too republican suburbs but when I went to the South Side, Rainbow Beach area with one of my best African American friends I was well watched out for and respected. I felt safe with the company I was with... Maybe it is the generations? But I can't say that, as Phylicias father is not too far apart from my age.... I think).

The apparent external casualness in which Phylicia was treated while on the other side of the country with family she was still just getting to know, having no experience with big city life is mind boggling.

I, like Ms Sallis am a single mom, well she was a single mom. I debated and debated over whether or not to work my tail off to facilitate a relationship between my son and his father. It is agonizing to try and determine what is best or worst; never knowing their other parent or perhaps to introduce them to what might be a trying situation with the hopes the foundation from their main home has a strong enough foundation to balance what might come by faclitating that relationship with the other side of the family.

I truly believe Ms. Sallis had gone through all the ups and downs, all the possibilities, her best efforts to cover every base to ensure her child was safe... Had she made the choice to not pursue the avenue of allowing Phylicia to meet her paternal family, she would have agonized over denying her child the opportunity. ETA and I pray she finds peace in recognizing that.

I don't fault her, I greive for her. My heart aches for her, and this Holy Week I can only hope and pray she is receiving comfort from Jesus mother Mary. I pray, the paternal family recognizes the efforts Ms. Sallis made on the Barnes family behalf. And I hope they find it within their heart to recognize such.

Yes, the Barnes family is greiving for someone they knew for a very very short time compared to the lifetime Ms. Sallis had with Phylicia.

I am praying hard the Barnes family has that light of Christianity moment and can seperate themselves from the 11th hour scrambling to cover so many years of mistakes - which clearly did not begin with Phylicia's disappearance. Accept what happened in the past as the past, understand Ms. Sallis greif, anger, range of emotions and become a beacon of Christian light by reaching out to Ms Sallis demonstrating the same example both Phylicia and her mother showed the Barnes. I know Phylicia would want nothing less.....

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/27623181/detail.html
This article says that detectives said there are no obvious injuries to her body. In thinking about justice for Phylicia, I am now in the mind set of helping find out what happened. How did she get from the apartment to the location she was found? My heart is broken for her mom! I have nothing nice to say about her bio father and kb db or the brother! When they sincerly show some remorse and apologize to JS for being completely irresponsible with her daughtet, then i'll change my view. I'm praying that JS will get some rest tonight, that she will see her daughter's beautiful face, so full of life, when she closes her eyes. And not the horrible nightmare where she was found. I hope those responsible for Phylicia's death will be held accountable for their actions!

Oh no! I am so sad for her family!

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/27623181/detail.html
This article says that detectives said there are no obvious injuries to her body. In thinking about justice for Phylicia, I am now in the mind set of helping find out what happened. How did she get from the apartment to the location she was found? My heart is broken for her mom! I have nothing nice to say about her bio father and kb db or the brother! When they sincerly show some remorse and apologize to JS for being completely irresponsible with her daughtet, then i'll change my view. I'm praying that JS will get some rest tonight, that she will see her daughter's beautiful face, so full of life, when she closes her eyes. And not the horrible nightmare where she was found. I hope those responsible for Phylicia's death will be held accountable for their actions!

I was thinking about how she got there also. Here is one theory:

If she were already deceased at the apartment, then maybe she was put in a suitcase and transported out of the apartment and dumped in the river. If her body has been inside the suitcase for awhile, it may have protected it somewhat from the rocks, etc., on the bottom of the river. It may have been the suitcase and not her that was weighted down. So the rocks and other debris may have eventually ripped the suitcase open, allowing her body to float to the top. Oh how I hated writing that...:(

Because of rigor mortis, LE (well, the ME) should be able to tell if something like this happened. I feel that she either walked or was helped to walk out of the apartment, or her body was concealed some way. I don't think someone carried her body in plain site out of there. Remember MJ was doing laundry and supposedly still moving out. The moving part doesn't make sense to me since DB at one point said she was surprised that he was even there that day.

I have been "googling" missing african american males, 6'4" and have obtained no results.Has anybody attempted to conduct a search?

The area where Phylicia was found is about 2 hours from Baltimore (just north of Harrisburg.) You can drive fast on Highway and probably get there sooner as highway into Penn is not lake Baltimore traffic,at all. The hours that MJ was not answering phone allowed him enough time to drive, although, I question if he would actually dump a body in the daytime. Is it possible he had phone off in order not to disclose "pings?"

Wow! If there was thought given that missing AA females get less attention in comparision to missing white women,missing AA males are EVEN less reported. This is disturbing.

I was so caught up in the Cooper trial yesterday, I did not hear this until this morning. So sad for her family!!! My thoughts and prayers are with her mom right now. I pray they solve this case soon. I am glad that God answered the prayers to reveal her whereabouts so that her family could at least have the comfort of a proper burial and mourning and the knowledge of knowing finally she is resting with her Lord.

It is suspicious that both PB and the unidentified AA male were both naked.

I have been "googling" missing african american males, 6'4" and have obtained no results.Has anybody attempted to conduct a search?

I looked too and didn't see anybody in that area and that time frame. Will try to expand the search today.

Does anyone know where the site that was searched fairly recently (I think it was nicknamed "Creepy College") is located in relationship to DB's apartment and the river? Just wondering if it is in between. Maybe she was taken there then put in the river after dark. IIRC this creepy college was a place where POIs hung out.

Also, if MJ was moving out that day, I wonder how many things he had to move? He must have been a very busy boy to move and cover this up (if he did). Do we know if he had a trailer to move his stuff? If it was a rented trailer or moving truck (Penske, UHaul, etc.) I wonder if they have any GPS equipment that can be looked at. I remember reading that rental cars do so that if you leave the area you are approved to travel to they know and will charge you more. Probably less likely with a trailer versus a truck.

RIP Phylicia - Praying for your families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill