MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for popping in and posting. Good to have people who know the area.
The presser said that she was found on the Hartford (not sure of spelling) county side. Would that be the side closest to B'more?

Local too. Harford County is not near where PB disappeared from. IMO she was taken there to be dumped. Patapsco State Park is another area this is done frequently.

I have a feeling that some of the people that know what happened to Phylicia are reading this page. Well, they sure as hell aren't sleeping tonight, that's for sure. Your heart is racing, you're sweating, waiting for the phone to ring, or a knock at the door. Everyone already knows Dee told the cops all your names, where you live and work and go to school, what cars you drive, and who your momma is. You can only distract yourself with video games for so long. Stop to check Twitter to see what your boys are up to - making sure no one's been taken in.

I'm sure you know that in Maryland, accidental death as part of a rape is murder in the first degree. And that as an accomplice you will also be charged with murder in the first.

What's your momma going to say when she finds out? What about your sisters and grandmas and aunties? How many tears are they going to cry when they find out that what people have been saying is true?

This has turned into one of the highest profile deaths in Baltimore in a long time. How are you going to look to the jury? It's not too late to do the right thing. You're a kid with no priors (at least nothing major) and a lifetime ahead of you. Pick up the phone, call 911, and turn yourself in.

Thank you

If his body is the one that went through the dam and one did, then it's possible they were shredded from the sharp rocks and rapid water movement. One was found north and the other south of the dam having one gone through it but the article didn't state which one.

Thank you

But totally nude, both of them? That strikes me as very odd...a sock, something usually is found on a body if not put into water naked.

Also I wonder if either had on a watch, if they wore them...an accidental death would still probably have a watch or rings...

I would suspect, however, that this individual was not nude when he jumped into the river.

I would suspect, however, that this individual was not nude when he jumped into the river.

He was wearing shorts and a jacket. It is possible that his clothes came off, and it doesn't say if he was wearing shoes. If you read the comments on the article, someone posted who knew him. sad story.

And I have not seen any media/le report say they were in the water the same amount of time. I saw it reported that they could have been, but they need more testing to know for sure.

Yeah, it's a long way up river, but who knows.

I have read as much as I can but didn't hear the Creepy College reference. Can anyone familiar with Baltimore fill me in with where that is? I am thinking It might be the ruins in Ellicott City which was I am pretty sure a hospital and such a beautiful place. I hate thinking this girl whose posters I saw all over is gone. I hope her soul is at peace

Yeah, aka Hell House. They tore it down several years ago. What I think is interesting about that is it overlooks the Patapsco River. The Patapsco State Park is out there and a known dumping ground for bodies. I know they searched there based on a tip and I'm going to say most likely that tip was based on knowledge of that fact only. Not inside info just a citizen like me that is aware of these things. I had a friend as a teenager strangled and dumped there several years ago. The Patapsco State Park is much closer from where PB was staying with her sister than where she was found out in Harford County.

After sorting through some of them, someone did mention that a man jumped off a bridge in NY near that river the day before, and he fit the description of the man's body that they found. Not sure what that was all about?

Some MSM say that the man's body is related to the PB case, and other MSM
says its not?
I just don't think they are connected at all?
No actions of the POI's thus far lead me to believe so?

UPDATE: They have posted a couple of timelines on the Justice for PB's FB page.
They started about 25mins ago, some are references from this WS page as well as to what MJ posted earlier on FB.

This man jumped 'the day before'----the day before he was found or the day before Phylicia went missing, or ????

This is where I am from...:(
It would be really far from where they were found...Binghamton is 170 miles NW of NYC.
I thought at one point LE said both bodies seemed to have been in the water for about the same amount of time? Didn't this man just go missing or over last month?

After looking at all the available info it does look like it could be him. Fits the description pretty close. It looks like the two rivers meet there where he jumped, the rapid movement of that water and timeline all seem to fit. NY never occurred to me.

Could he have traveled so far in a month?
If so, who knows where Phylicia was put into the water...:(

With the warming waters and the opening of the dams, it might be possible. Things are moving pretty swiftly.
It is a possibility.

SS, PB's big sister, is posting on the Justice page.
I wish she would come here. I fear things are too wild for her there. It would be so good to hear what she has to say...

SS, PB's big sister, is posting on the Justice page.
I wish she would come here. I fear things are too wild for her there. It would be so good to hear what she has to say...

I am very tired.... can't remember this link. Can you post for me. TY!!!!!

I was thinking about how she got there also. Here is one theory:

If she were already deceased at the apartment, then maybe she was put in a suitcase and transported out of the apartment and dumped in the river. If her body has been inside the suitcase for awhile, it may have protected it somewhat from the rocks, etc., on the bottom of the river. It may have been the suitcase and not her that was weighted down. So the rocks and other debris may have eventually ripped the suitcase open, allowing her body to float to the top. Oh how I hated writing that...:(

Because of rigor mortis, LE (well, the ME) should be able to tell if something like this happened. I feel that she either walked or was helped to walk out of the apartment, or her body was concealed some way. I don't think someone carried her body in plain site out of there. Remember MJ was doing laundry and supposedly still moving out. The moving part doesn't make sense to me since DB at one point said she was surprised that he was even there that day.

This is a good theory and a good fit for what we know. The dogs indicate this as well. The whole moving out story an excuse if witnesses told LE they saw something of that nature being carried out from the apt. to the car/truck.

I looked at some maps and info on the river and it is described as rapidly moving at about 10 miles an hour so I think so. One body was found north of the dam and the other south with one having gone through the dam. The dam has been opened numerous times since PB disappeared so possibly she is the one that went through? The male being the one found north and from NY makes sense to me. Then again if it turns out that PB had not gone through the dam I think that would indicate she was not put there in December or was weighted down or in a container and recently released and floated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff