Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely curious as to what other job would afford our young suspect to be in those three expensive cities? It has nothing to do with the haircut, it was to do with 1) he’s a criminal allegedly 2) the locations are all known heroin hotspots

Cartel members are vetted as much as you can vet someone who either by coercion or force choses to join one. Its not like the talent pool is MIT and Harvard grads.

There’s any number of ways he could have been earning money without having been in a cartel. I mean, how much disposable income do you need to get a cross country bus ticket? He could have his own car, it’s not like there’s a vehicle to look out for. He could deal drugs and easily not be in a cartel. He could have been a busboy with money saved up. There are a boatload of heroin hot spots in this country, I don’t agree with heroin hot spots having anything to do with anything in this case, but this is all just one idiot’s opinion.

SEP 5, 2023
[...]

"This is not just about getting justice for Rachel and her family and her children. It's about protecting the next person that the suspect will target," said McMahon.

There's a $10,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the man responsible.

If you have tips that could help investigators identify the suspect, you're asked to contact the sheriff's office. There's a designated email address for tips: RMTIPS@harfordsheriff.org.

"One lead could save someone's life," said Michael Morin, Rachel's older brother. "That's all we need for someone to do the right thing and speak up."

Genuinely curious as to what other job would afford our young suspect to be in those three expensive cities? It has nothing to do with the haircut, it was to do with 1) he’s a criminal allegedly 2) the locations are all known heroin hotspots

Cartel members are vetted as much as you can vet someone who either by coercion or force choses to join one. Its not like the talent pool is MIT and Harvard grads.
Let's see:
Truck driver
Military
Mechanic
Barber
Construction Worker
Fitness trainer
Waiter
Maintenance worker
Janitor
Warehouse worker
Retail
Landscape worker
Computer worker
Customer service

The list goes on. 3/26/23 to 8/5/23 is a long time. We don't know where in the timeline the Chicago link occurred.

The reality is if you are not picky about your living situation, you don't need a lot of money to survive even in places that are expensive to live.

What we can tell from the video is that he is well groomed which would mean to me that he has a place where he can shower and shave and do laundry, unless maybe he broke into that house in LA to take a shower and shave but I doubt that because he has clean clothes that are in good repair and no backpack or sachel.

There was something weird enough about the LA incident that they collected and processed DNA. They did not think he was just some drunk guy that found his way into the wrong house. Something set the alarm bells off for the LAPD and they went the extra step to get that DNA into the system.

I would be curious to know how FAST the LAPD got that DNA processed. They obviously thought this guy was going to offend again.

SEP 5, 2023
[...]

"This is not just about getting justice for Rachel and her family and her children. It's about protecting the next person that the suspect will target," said McMahon.

There's a $10,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the man responsible.

If you have tips that could help investigators identify the suspect, you're asked to contact the sheriff's office. There's a designated email address for tips: RMTIPS@harfordsheriff.org.

"One lead could save someone's life," said Michael Morin, Rachel's older brother. "That's all we need for someone to do the right thing and speak up."

They're clearly getting frustrated. I wonder if MD can indict a John Doe in abstentia. At least then they can maybe level the hammer of "If you're harboring a fugitive beware"

jmo

They're clearly getting frustrated. I wonder if MD can indict a John Doe in abstentia. At least then they can maybe level the hammer of "If you're harboring a fugitive beware"

jmo

I have watched COLD case after COLD case the past five years get solved.

They have this guy's DNA. They will find his name and then they will find him. Personally, I think they already know his name, they just don't know where he is at the moment.

Yes, if she really knows him. In general, there are multitudes of different ethnic groups in LA, young dark-haired men, wearing Edgar, speaking with an accent (or not), who look Hispanic but are from very different cultures. Ethnic testing of DNA would immediately see the difference, us - no. I reserve my opinion because I know I can be mistaken. For me, lack of tattoos is interesting. They are popular among whites, blacks and Latino men. More cultural than any gang-affiliation. IMHO. The fact that he has none makes me think that he is from the family where it is frowned upon.
Yes, I have also been wondering about the lack of tattoos given how popular and ubiquitous they are these days among youth (and other age groups) of all cultural, racial, and ethnic groups. It’s almost unusual that he does not appear to have any, although he could have some that are not visible in the video footage. I also think he could be in his very late teens/early 20’s.

Yes, I have also been wondering about the lack of tattoos given how popular and ubiquitous they are these days among youth (and other age groups) of all cultural, racial, and ethnic groups. It’s almost unusual that he does not appear to have any, although he could have some that are not visible in the video footage. I also think he could be in his very late teens/early 20’s.

In fact, in our time, kids from great families working in huge corporations have tattoos. Not on their faces and “appropriate” ones, the ones that can be covered with a suit, but they do. I would say that religious families would disapprove of them. And regardless- it would be a sin in Judaism or Christianity, or haram in Islam. Hinduism or Buddhism are more liberal about tattoos, but I’d expect “theme-based” ones and in this country, removable (henna, etc). So I would not be surprised if a kid comes from a more conservative family and might be well taken care of.

Why are they silent? Well, maybe they don’t want to believe, think he can’t survive in the jail or something like it. The whole story gives me a strange vibe. Surely the young witness would at least know if he speaks with the accent, or not.

BTW, was Rachel religious? Could she have used some Christian dating sites?

"The way he left casually. Rapists usually don't get completely undressed and it looks like he did. I see a necklace on his neck, looks like a tight one that he can probably leave on wherever he goes. I'm not sure if that's a G.I. haircut or not. I also see as he walks away that he has something in his hand under his sweater. It's pretty hot everywhere — why have a sweater?" Chapman said.

Chapman noted the suspect appears to have a cell phone in his right hand in the Ring video as he's leaving the L.A. home where his DNA had been linked to the sexual assault of a child.
"With that haircut, he might be military. He also did not run away. Could it be that the first victim knows who he is, may have said, 'I'll come back and kill you if you tell anyone.' What about his car? Did other cameras across the street capture his car? He could've driven by a cell phone tower and everyone who drives by that tower is reported, so what tower did he hit off of?" Chapman said.

Jennifer Coffindaffer, a former FBI agent and NewsNation contributor, said during the broadcast the Ring video indicates the man is “exercising control” over the victim.
“It seems he was able to leave completely nonchalantly and not concerned about anything. I do think it is a good thing he left through that front door. I wonder if perhaps she offered that, knowing she had a Ring camera,” Coffindaffer said. “We know he didn’t enter that way.”

Rachel Morin's family working with criminal profiler on updated suspect description

The criminal profiler believes the suspect could be a violent criminal with dangerous psychopathic traits. He is possibly a narcissist, lacking empathy, who is manipulative and a pathological liar. The profiler points out how after committing a crime in Los Angeles, he came to Bel Air. He called that an odd choice, meaning he "must know someone in Bel Air where he has been able to stay." He also called him an "opportunistic predator" who had a reason to be in the area of the trail. The suspect would've been out between 6 p.m. and dusk on Aug. 5.

DNA found on Morin’s body matched that of DNA found at the site of a March home invasion and “assault on a young female” in Los Angeles, Gahler said. When sheriff’s deputies traveled to the West Coast to investigate that case, they discovered information that led them to Illinois, Gahler said.

Gahler also said there were similarities between the incident in Los Angeles and the attack on Morin, a fitness enthusiast whose body was found on Aug. 6 in a wooded area near the Ma & Pa Heritage Trail.

“Criminals have habits,” Gahler said. “He did this thing in Los Angeles and there are some elements of that crime, which I can’t discuss, that are present in what happened here in Rachel’s homicide.”

DNA found on Morin’s body matched that of DNA found at the site of a March home invasion and “assault on a young female” in Los Angeles, Gahler said. When sheriff’s deputies traveled to the West Coast to investigate that case, they discovered information that led them to Illinois, Gahler said.

Gahler also said there were similarities between the incident in Los Angeles and the attack on Morin, a fitness enthusiast whose body was found on Aug. 6 in a wooded area near the Ma & Pa Heritage Trail.

“Criminals have habits,” Gahler said. “He did this thing in Los Angeles and there are some elements of that crime, which I can’t discuss, that are present in what happened here in Rachel’s homicide.”

I'm standing by my initial guess that Chicago relates to a genetic genealogy search -- Maryland has laws against that I've heard, so it has to be done through LA. Though obviously other possibilities exist. But if true, it would mean there is no reason to necessarily think the suspect has traveled to Chicago for any reason.

The lack of answers is causing some Bel Air residents to voice fears and frustration.

"This is horrific and shocking," said Stephen Orubor. "I worry very much that the perpetrator of this act, this heinous act, is still out there."

"I think everybody is awaiting answers," said Robert Zimmerman. "It’s a hot topic around town."

Meanwhile, police continue to keep a close eye on the Ma and Pa trail, where Morin's body was found.

"You see the patrols go up and down and they're very, very regular," said Zimmerman.

Has anyone considered that the person has one parent living in LA, and another, in MD? He did not need to bike through the whole country - after he messed up in LA, his family, as a precaution, sent him to MD, where he was probably taken care of, enlisted into school. And messed up in a much worse way.

This has everyone around here very worried and scared. I used to walk that trail all the time and we would take our kids there in their strollers. I really hope they get this guy soon. I bet they already know who it is. Since they have DNA I feel much better because I believe they'll get him sooner or later. I am heartbroken for Rachel's kids. So sad.

Has anyone considered that the person has one parent living in LA, and another, in MD? He did not need to bike through the whole country - after he messed up in LA, his family, as a precaution, sent him to MD, where he was probably taken care of, enlisted into school. And messed up in a much worse way.
Hi Charlot, I hadn’t considered his parents living apart, that’s a good thought. Maybe he was sent off to school - he’d be a late bloomer at his age. But I suppose it could be grad school, like Bryan Kohberger.

For some reason this morning, I was considering the opposite of a gang member. Thinking perhaps that he might be a privileged (and entitled) young man from either Maryland or LA. A guy with substance abuse issues who may have been in and out of rehabs and sober living in one or both areas, funded by an affluent family. There are excellent treatment centers in both states.

A guy who goes off the rails in a violent way when he’s off the wagon.

jmo

Edgar haircut popular among Latino men. So unfortunately since it's popular it won't be that helpful in identifying the suspect.
His hair could be past his shoulders by now.
The color and straight texture of his hair though might be a helpful clue. He is definitely not balding.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members