Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@RebeccaPryorTV
·
10m

For clarification— Michael Gabriszeski did not initially locate the body. He says his step daughter did.
https://twitter.com/RebeccaPryorTV

When asked if the step daughter found the body, the sheriffs office said, “I can't confirm the identity of any witnesses or potential witnesses to the investigation, but I can say the individual you interviewed did not find her or see Rachel.”

Gabriszeski claims he did see the body being carried out. When asked if he wasn’t in the area at all the sheriffs office replied, “He was not in viewing area of where she was found.”

So first he says he saw the body and that her head was bashed in with either a rock or a baseball bat and now he says he saw her body being carried out.

Something is very off. Jmo

@TommieClarkWBAL

Confirmed with @Harford_Sheriff
the man telling various media outlets that he found Rachel Morin “did not find Rachel or witness her body.
He has no first-hand knowledge of the crime scene.” @wbaltv11

I don’t think LE is lying. I think he truly didn’t see her or crime scene, but perhaps his daughter did. Moo
Agreed. He said initially that his daughter found her in the other tunnel, while he looked in the other tunnel. Surprised he didn't run over to take a look, but maybe he had some restraint and is basing his descriptions on what his daughter told him.

You honestly think he didn't go to the tunnel when notified by his step daughter that she found a body? He was right there searching one tunnel as she searched the other. The tunnels are side by side according to a picture posted up thread.

This is LE attempt at trying to control damage.
Well said.

Law Enforcement has an interest in not letting an attention seeking individual (one can both have real ability, and also be an attention seeker) commandeer the case.

But.... its probably best not to protect that interest via LE double speak on the exacting definition of what it means to have "first hand" knowledge.

In the end, "G" seems to be a complex mix of real ability, attention seeking and poor taste comments. He should be publically congratulated - then told privately to shut up. But, perhaps that approach has already been tried with out success? Even still, double speak is not the best way to handle him.

IMO the fact her 'selfie' Facebook account has been taken down suggests LE could be looking into comments on her pics that were from 'fans' (creepy blokes). Obviously it removes the upsetting comments for her family that have been posted on it since too.

But I got a really icky vibe from many of those comments, before she was found.

Hopefully LE are on it and poor Rachel will eventually get justice.
<modsnip>
There were many comments from friends that gave me the impression that the victim was a good friend, close with and loved by her family, and genuinely a nice person that was well-liked by people who maybe didn't even know her all that well.

As you stated though, there were some creepy ones that made me uncomfortable too....yet she didn't seem to call them on it, or block them. It made me wonder if maybe she was a really nice person...who was nice to someone she didn't know was messed up in the head that maybe interpreted her kindness differently than she intended?

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he is being truthful as well. Are LE allowed to just straight up lie to the press/public to preserve the integrity of an investigation?
I don't know what it's like there, but here in Canada (according to my son who's in his 3rd year of Criminology, after a 2 year program in Police Foundations), LE are allowed to lie in questioning a suspect or during an interrogation (such as, "your buddy's in the other room singing like a bird"), but are not allowed to ever lie to the press or public about the details of an ongoing investigation. I suspect those guidelines might be more or less the same in LE agencies in the US as well.

I don't know what it's like there, but here in Canada (according to my son who's in his 3rd year of Criminology, after a 2 year program in Police Foundations), LE are allowed to lie in questioning a suspect or during an interrogation (such as, "your buddy's in the other room singing like a bird"), but are not allowed to ever lie to the press or public about the details of an ongoing investigation. I suspect those guidelines might be more or less the same in LE agencies in the US as well.

It's pretty much the same here.

LE can lie to the public etc.

Well ... while I am disgusted with the release of information that should only be released by LE to the public (or not at all) ... I am EXTREMELY DISGUSTED with news outlets that provide the opportunity for these individuals to speak. Shame on you both!

Godspeed Rachel, may your children and all who loved you be provided with the love and support they will need to heal and may justice be swift and severe.

MOO

Certainly possible. I guess my initial thought would be with an ex...the woman is typically most at risk when she first leaves that person...so I'd be interested in the timing of any past break-ups. Also, with an ex...they might have more ability to convince the victim to meet them alone someplace private, or get in a car with them...as opposed to having to surprise attack the victim on a public trail during the day. Hypothetically, if there were an ex that was recently released from incarceration...so they didn't have an opportunity to express their rage at the time of the break-up...and the victim likely wouldn't agree to meet them alone somewhere private, or get in their car...I'd think someone like that would jump to the top of a list of people LE might want to talk to.

JMO
All I had to do was read the thread title, and I assumed she'd been murdered by an unknown assailant on the trail.

Just so common in urban/suburban areas, there's a very incomplete Wikipedia entry on it

Especially with her being found off the side of a trail, probably impossible to move her there after death, remains are removed to some place more accessible by vehicle.

JMO

Well ... while I am disgusted with the release of information that should only be released by LE to the public (or not at all) ... I am EXTREMELY DISGUSTED with news outlets that provide the opportunity for these individuals to speak. Shame on you both!

Godspeed Rachel, may your children and all who loved you be provided with the love and support they will need to heal and may justice be swift and severe.

MOO
MG is the one giving all the details.
They are just reporting what he says

Using a rock (if true) would keep suspects hands from being bruised/cut. If there was no sexual assault there could be no dna. I have not read/heard about her clothes. If true she was naked were her clothes there?

Using a rock (if true) would keep suspects hands from being bruised/cut. If there was no sexual assault there could be no dna. I have not read/heard about her clothes. If true she was naked were her clothes there?
LE hasn't said anything that this guy is claiming to be true.

Harford County Sheiriff's Office has responded to fb comments on their Facebook page

MG is the one giving all the details.
They are just reporting what he says
No, they are not "just reporting what he says." Because they are literally In a constant battle for ratings, the media have given him a platform to spread information LE does not want released. We need to stop expecting MSM to do the right thing. They are essentially giving us exactly what we want in that we certainly read/watched his interviews and exclaimed THEN how inappropriate he was being. But we still watched/read and now we will read the updates...

One of the comments was that MG ( HCSO referred to him as the man) has no firsthand knowledge of the crime scene.

In a follow up comment HCSO replied that ," If someone did have details that it could jeopardize detectives from finding her killer".

This is under the Harford County Sheriff's Office facebook page.

In the comment section under the video of the Sheriff giving an update

Last edited:
No, they are not "just reporting what he says." Because they are literally In a constant battle for ratings, the media have given him a platform to spread information LE does not want released. We need to stop expecting MSM to do the right thing. They are essentially giving us exactly what we want in that we certainly read/watched his interviews and exclaimed THEN how inappropriate he was being. But we still watched/read and now we will read the updates...

Then LE needs to tell him to shut his mouth

Jmo but I believe there would be touch DNA all over the rock (if perp didn’t wear gloves) let’s hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member