Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MG’s stepdaughter is allegedly friends with the victim. So if any of what he said about the condition of the body is true, it is difficult to analyze how the crime occurred.
If the suspect snuck up behind her and hit her with a rock to incapacitate her, her injuries would be to the back of her head as opposed to her face as described by MG.
Would the suspect have approached the victim head on on the trail and hit her in the face with a rock as he passed her?
Would he have been lying in wait at the side of the trail for someone, (Rachel?), to come along?
Would the victim have been Rachel or just anyone he approached when he could see that the trail behind her was empty?
If the victim’s injuries were as described, I just don’t see our suspect continually bashing at the face of the victim in the middle of the popular trail and then dragging her off.
What if the perp had a mask on, planning only to commit a sexual assault, and was able to overpower her and drag her off the trail? At some point Rachel in her struggle, ripped off the mask. The suspect may have decided to kill her at that point because she either knew him or could describe him. This is when he dragged her to the tunnel to conceal the body.
All hypothetical as we await further information.

MG’s stepdaughter is allegedly friends with the victim. So if any of what he said about the condition of the body is true, it is difficult to analyze how the crime occurred.
If the suspect snuck up behind her and hit her with a rock to incapacitate her, her injuries would be to the back of her head as opposed to her face as described by MG.
Would the suspect have approached the victim head on on the trail and hit her in the face with a rock as he passed her?
Would he have been lying in wait at the side of the trail for someone, (Rachel?), to come along?
Would the victim have been Rachel or just anyone he approached when he could see that the trail behind her was empty?
If the victim’s injuries were as described, I just don’t see our suspect continually bashing at the face of the victim in the middle of the popular trail and then dragging her off.
What if the perp had a mask on, planning only to commit a sexual assault, and was able to overpower her and drag her off the trail? At some point Rachel in her struggle, ripped off the mask. The suspect may have decided to kill her at that point because she either knew him or could describe him. This is when he dragged her to the tunnel to conceal the body.
Do you think it's possible that she was first dragged into the tunnel, assaulted, and the blood trail (if it exists) was left by the perpetrator while exiting the tunnel? MOO

Just been catching up on this case.

First I wish to express my condolences to Rachel’s family and I hope she’s resting in peace.

MOO is that this is an opportunistic random killing - I just don’t believe that anybody that knew her would choose a busy trail like this to murder her - surely they’d have been able to do it in a more secluded area if they knew her.

Rachel looks like a fit women so I really hope she managed to put up one hell of a fight so that the killers DNA is all over her body.

Do you think it's possible that she was first dragged into the tunnel, assaulted, and the blood trail (if it exists) was left by the perpetrator while exiting the tunnel? MOO
If the injuries were as described, it is very possible that the assailant had large amounts of blood on him; enough to leave a trail. At this point however, we don’t know if the blood trail lead to the body or away from it.

After seeing the distance from the path to the drainage tunnel I would think grabbed and dragged. Speculation only.

After seeing the distance from the path to the drainage tunnel I would think grabbed and dragged. Speculation only.
That's what I think too. Dragged off the path, shoved to the ground. The rock happened later, once she was down, and perhaps because she fought hard and perhaps was getting away (blood trail). Speculation, imo.

jmo

The shakey testimony of the guy who was giving multiple interviews about how he saw the body, and the blood-caked rock, and a 20 foot blood trail, and the victim's friend sitting in a pool of blood after the cops told her to sit down, etc, etc, etc. So the only cause of death in the media has been his version, cops haven't released anything, but they did come out and say he hadn't seen the body at all, but they haven't disputed that there was no blood-caked rock (at least I don't think they have).
LE “not disputing” a blood-caked rock and “confirming” a blood-caked rock are TWO SEPARATE THINGS.

Does the blood trail lead into the tunnel?

I don't think we know this. The only statements about that came from the person who was searching and the communication from that person has stopped. However, in viewing the walking video the location of drainage tunnels off the path, it would seem that she must have been grabbed and dragged (in moo of course because we don't know anything for sure).

jmo

Last edited:
We still don't know the details of how she died, aside from the obvious face/head injuries. Some murderers wanting to kill someone would bring weapons, knife/gun/etc if the intent was to kill successfully and efficiently. But if it's just a rock that might've been used, it feels like that's all that was available ... so the vibe I'm getting is that this might've been some random / opportunistic crime. If she knew someone who suddenly wanted her dead, it feels like they could've planned a good ole-knifing/shooting, and not do it with a rock.

Mine is speculation too but with a little bit of an opposite take to that part of your post BBM (above). If the opposite is true and this was not random, it could be that the perpetrator never intended for the use of any weapons whatsoever aside from hands. If this is the case, the rock, if it is true that it was used, might have been used only out of necessity. In other words, perhaps Rachel put up one heck of a fight.

jmo

Mine is speculation too but with a little bit of an opposite take to that part your post BBM (above). If this was not random it could be that the perpetrator never intended for the use of any weapons whatsoever aside from hands. If this is the case, the rock, if it is true that it was used, might have been used out of necessity. In other words, Rachel put up one heck of a fight.

jmo
I just can't picture it being someone she knew as a person who knew her would have opportunity to do harm indoors, away from the public eye, in private. Even an estranged family member like an ex could maneuver privacy. Domestic violence that results in murder doesn't usually happen in public, imo. And leaving the body in a public place doesn't seem likely if the perp was known to the victim.

To my eyes, everything about this seems like a random attack in a park. imo. Even someone whose boyfriend has a criminal history, even someone who has ex's, even someone on various dating sites can fall victim to crime committed by a stranger.

jmo

I just can't picture it being someone she knew as a person who knew her would have opportunity to do harm indoors, away from the public eye, in private. Even an estranged family member like an ex could maneuver privacy. Domestic violence that results in murder doesn't usually happen in public, imo. And leaving the body in a public place doesn't seem likely if the perp was known to the victim.

To my eyes, everything about this seems like a random attack in a park. imo. Even someone whose boyfriend has a criminal history, even someone who has ex's, even someone on various dating sites can fall victim to crime committed by a stranger.

jmo

I don't know. It could be either scenario. But to commit an act in a personal way in a place away from where the perp resides or frequents actually does make sense to me if that person's goal is to create doubt as to whether this was a random attack or a premeditated homicide. And, after seeing the trail and noting how many access points there are that are not at the trail's beginning or end, it made me think that there was more than one opportunity for someone to enter and lay in wait.

jmo

I don't know. It could be either scenario. But to commit an act in a personal way in a place away from where the perp resides or frequents actually does make sense to me if that person's goal is to create doubt as to whether this was a random attack or a premeditated homicide. And, after seeing the trail and noting how many access points there are that are not at the trail's beginning or end, it made me think that there was more than one opportunity for someone to enter and lay in wait.

jmo
MOO is that anyone who knew her wouldn’t choose this place to murder her primarily because this trail would have been pretty busy at that time and therefore the risks of being caught were immense.

I could be completely wrong but for me it just doesn’t seem like someone that knew her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413