Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Observations

This guy, at least in March

1. Was very physically fit
2. Precision haircut
3. Clean shaven
4. No discernible tattoos or other markings
5. Clothes not dirty as if he is homeless
6. Gold chain around his neck
7. Little to no back hair/arm hair
8. Looks like he had $; And, he had the means to travel across country

Why Maryland?
Social Media stalking of RM?
Family in Bel Air?
Find the barber in LA - someone cut that hair. That person will at least know (maybe well) or recognize the work
Revisit the LA victim to assure her he is gone; Ask her if there is anything else she can remember

They said she was young. She must still be petrified. If she knows he is across the country or at least was across the country as of 12 days ago, this may give her some comfort to speak.

If she was afraid to say if she ever saw him at a camp, or at a school, on the street, anywhere, for fear he would come back, maybe now she will feel more comfortable disclosing this.

jmo

Last edited:
I’m just now getting a chance to see this and I am stunned. This is so not what I was expecting.
This is why LE should not assure the public all is well before they know anything. What a nightmare. A coast to coast random killer.
If someone could clarify what exactly he said about not having a name to go with the DNA. Is it just that there is no name with the DNA in codis or that codis won’t give a name with it.(which would be crazy to me).

edit: typo

Article featuring interview with Rachel Morin's boyfriend, Richard Tobin - post press conference.

JMO

Last edited:
I’m just now getting a chance to see this and I am stunned. This is so not what I was expecting.
This is why LE should not assure the public all is well before they know anything. What a nightmare. A coast to coast random killer.
If someone could clarify what exactly he said about not having a name to go with the DNA. Is it just that there is no name with the DNA in codis or that codis won’t give a name with it.(which would be crazy to me).

edit: typo
They don't know who he is, they just know there is a DNA match to the crime in California. But since they haven't solved the crime in California either, they don't have a name.

Looked to me like home security camera, not a doorbell camera. It was high up right? That's where my front door one is too. Not concealed either so I bet theirs wasn't.

The guy was brazen. He knew enough to turn away from the camera but didn't care enough to worry about the fact that there were cameras there to start begging the Q -- Did he know the property? Know how many there were and where they were? Did he work at or in the property ever?

Was he one of the installers of the cameras?

So many questions from that little 2 second clip they released.

Just bizarre
It looked like it was doorbell level to me. It wasn't an angle from above. JMO

Where has this been reported, I haven't seen it. Sad!
I have read young girl. I assume that means someone under the age of 16.

"The man suspected of killing a Maryland woman on a popular hiking trail this month is the same person who assaulted a young girl in Southern California in the spring, according to DNA results, investigators announced Thursday.

Hartford County (Maryland) Sheriff's Col. William Davis said DNA from the person who likely killed Rachel Morin in a 'violent homicide' matched the DNA of a man who assaulted a young girl in Los Angeles during a March home invasion."

USAToday

He could have a whole bunch of tattoos by now.

In fact, that might be his next move.
Yes true. But the fact he had no tattoos in March is still unusual imo. He's a criminal. It's generally the macho fashion for bad dudes his age, even for not bad guys, and young women. He's not gang affiliated imo. Sure I know a lot of young men who don't have tattoos, but it just seems unlikely (to me) that a creep lowlife like him wouldn't have any.

It looked like it was doorbell level to me. It wasn't an angle from above. JMO

I guess I'll look again (isn't the doorbell always to left - would be facing him). Whichever it was, he knew it was there and he wasn't worried about it.

So, Q is how did he know there weren't more? How was he so sure there wasn't another (or 2) facing the street, or even inside?

moo

Last edited:
Observations

This guy, at least in March

1. Was very physically fit
2. Precision haircut
3. No discernible tattoos or other markings
4. Clothes not dirty as if he is homeless
5. Gold chain around his neck
6. Little to no back hair/arm hair
7. Looks like he had $; And, he had the means to travel across country

Why Maryland?
Social Media stalking of RM?
Family in Bel Air?
Find the barber in LA - someone cut that hair. That person will at least know (maybe well) or recognize the work
Revisit the LA victim to assure her he is gone; Ask her if there is anything else she can remember

They said she was young. She must still be petrified. If she knows he is across the country or at least was across the country as of 12 days ago, this may give her some comfort to speak.

If she was afraid to say if she ever saw him at a camp, or at a school, on the street, anywhere, for fear he would come back, maybe now she will feel more comfortable disclosing this.

jmo
he might have had some connection to someone in the house-"friend of a friend" sort of thing and then he did this- maybe they thought they had a name but it was fake. why he is now 3000 miles away.... if he is involved in something like smuggling the "people who know him" may not be stepping up to ID him IMO.

I guess I'll look again. Whichever it was, he knew it was there and he wasn't worried about it.

So, Q is how did he know there weren't more? How was he so sure there wasn't another (or 2) facing the street, or even inside?

moo
he is not a meticulous planner because he left DNA at 2 crime scenes- does not care or he is impulsive

he might have had some connection to someone in the house-"friend of a friend" sort of thing and then he did this- maybe they thought they had a name but it was fake. why he is now 3000 miles away.... if he is involved in something like smuggling the "people who know him" may not be stepping up to ID him IMO.

Smuggling? Where did that come from? I hadn't heard that.

Looked to me like home security camera, not a doorbell camera. It was high up right? That's where my front door one is too. Not concealed either so I bet theirs wasn't.

The guy was brazen. He knew enough to turn away from the camera but didn't care enough to worry about the fact that there were cameras there to start begging the Q -- Did he know the property? Know how many there were and where they were? Did he work at or in the property ever?

Was he one of the installers of the cameras?

So many questions from that little 2 second clip they released.

Just bizarre
Sorry if I missed it, I've just scanned 12 pages to catch up, but do we know how he entered the home? All they have is him leaving? TIA if you know. :)

Sorry if I missed it, I've just scanned 12 pages to catch up, but do we know how he entered the home? All they have is him leaving? TIA if you know. :)

No I don't believe they gave any solid details like that. But still, the more I think about that 2-second video the more Qs pop into my head. I thought that video might be of little value but there is actually a lot of information that can be gleaned from it imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow