Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so terrible for those kids. Not only do they have to cope with the loss of their Mom, but it suddenly hit me today that they will likely be separated because of having different Dads. I know the oldest is of legal age but I have no idea how old the other four are. This makes me so sad. Their whole world has been turned upside down.

Somone already said it, but I think there is little chance the victim was killed somewhere other than in the vicinity of where her body was found. I think it would be really difficult for the killer to accomplish taking the victim from that location on the trails, killing the victim at another location, and then dumping the body back on the trails without being seen.

Along that same line of thinking...I feel like the killer is unlikely someone close enough to the victim that they would have private access to her. It makes no sense to me that someone close to her (assuming such a person wanted to harm her) would choose to take such action in such a public high-risk location during daylight hours...as opposed to doing it somewhere less risky.

As such, I am leaning towards it being a crime of opportunity...by a stranger or a stalker.

She is a small person, but she looks strong enough to hopefully have gotten a few good shots in and hopefully she managed to get some DNA in the process to help LE figure out who did this to her.

JMO

^ At this time I also lean to crime of opportunity.

Not suspecting the bf at this time, one reason being due to the romance being so new, and another because if there had been something that got out of hand causing tempers to flare, a crime would have been committed at home or wherever private they were together.
imo

Could she have intended to meet up with someone to walk the trail? Likely phone records will make that clear quickly.

And who was the last person to see her alive other than her boyfriend? Is he the one reporting that she planned to hike the trail around 6 (I know her car was found close by) I agree the possibility she died at a different location is low but it’s not zero.

I'm guessing it would be nearly impossible to have killed Rachel elsewhere, and carried her to the spot where she was found; without anyone noticing ?
So a random attacker seems more plausible.
But how brazen to do this in broad daylight, if that's how this crime happened ?
Omo.
Unless he did it at night when nobody was on the trail?

My thoughts are all over.

<modsnip>

Just thinking out loud and trying to catch up.....

JMO

ETA-subtract
Ita.
And, there may be security footage outside of her house/apartment, etc. !
Showing her leaving and if anyone else followed her, plus cameras at the trail.
I'm assuming this trail as a public park area would have plenty of footage.
I realize in wooded or dense areas coverage might be sketchy ?
Hoping for a break soon.
Omo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Could she have intended to meet up with someone to walk the trail? Likely phone records will make that clear quickly.

And who was the last person to see her alive other than her boyfriend? Is he the one reporting that she planned to hike the trail around 6 (I know her car was found close by) I agree the possibility she died at a different location is low but it’s not zero.
You bring up a very good point.

Who was the last one to see her alive?

JMO

This reminds me of the Lauren Heike case in Arizona earlier this year.
Random perp. Interestingly, DNA from Lauren's shoe matched with that of a guy on probation, and other evidence led to the killer.
No idea if this awful attack was random or not.
Senseless and tragic.....I hope the investigation catches whoever did this.

So tragic, when I first saw snip-it announcing she was located, I wrongly assumed she was found safe and rejoiced but now seeing these details, it’s just horrible. Prayers for her family.

"It's devastating. I couldn't believe it," said Kathy, who didn't provide her last name for security reasons. "It's always been safe. I've always done this trail, under the tunnel and everything. Always safe. I hope this killer is found. It's not going to be safe until they find this guy."

"For someone to grab her on the trail, I can't fathom it. For someone to take the chance she's not going to scream and hear her," said Donald Lemon, from Bel Air. "I hope the family gets justice."

The walk will be held at the Williams Street Trail entrance at 6:30 pm
Abby and Libby
Steve and Wendy Reid
Ventrano
Marcotte
Mollie Tibbets
Brueger
Eliza Fletcher

makes you want to hide and not leave the house :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online