DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Susan Nancy Lane's last known contact was on March 1, 2020 at 7 p.m. during a call with a family member.

Police said her unoccupied car was found at a Shell Gas Station in the 2000 block of West Street in Annapolis.

Susan Lane Missing From Annapolis Since March 3, Car Found Abandoned At Gas Station

1014susanlanemissing.png

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) / #MP69798

Susan Nancy Lane
69798_342435.jpg

Date of Last Contact: March 2, 2020
Missing From: Annapolis, Maryland

Demographics
Missing Age: 31 Years
Current Age: 32 Years
First Name: Susan
Middle Name: Nancy
Last Name: Lane
Sex: Female
Height: 5' 4" (64 Inches)
Weight: 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances
County: Anne Arundel County
Missing From Tribal Land: No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land: No

Circumstances of Disappearance: 32 year old Susan Nancy Lane is reported missing. She was last seen on 3/2/2020 at 12:30 a.m. at the McDonalds in the 1900 block of West Street in Annapolis. Susan is known to frequent West Street in Annapolis City, the area of the Harbor 9 Cinema (2474 Solomons Island Road) and the Giant Food store (2323 Forest Drive). If you see Susan or have information regarding her whereabouts, please notify local police immediately Anyone with information contact: Anne Arundel county police department Missing persons unit 410- 222-8610 or 410-222-3588

She was arrested in 2014 for attempting to disarm an officer:

Woman charged with attempting to disarm Annapolis police officer

Just thinking out loud here - if she was bold enough to challenge LE face to face, maybe this time she challenged someone who then took her.

But shouldn't McDonald's (where she was seen last) and the Shell Station (where her car was found) have cameras?

Then again, when I look at her other items on the Maryland Judiciary Case search (65(!) of them) it makes me wonder if she didn't leave on her own, maybe because of the accumulating fines, cases, etc. I'm not a court wiz at all, so hopefully one here on WS can check all those and see what they can make of them.

It looks like she had some traffic violations in January of 2020 and she did have a residential address listed there on the court record. I looked at the address and it just looks like a row of four Family apartments. I wonder who reported her missing?

I am working with Susan's mom, Nancy Lane and Susan's advocate at The AWARE Foundation, Kimberly Whitaker. I live in Annapolis, Maryland and researched the case for a month with some progress through interviews and visiting the areas Susan was last seen. Please share my article to, as they say in Missing Persons, get LOUD.

Thank you for your help! And of course I would love to hear theories.

Shopping Cart Killer Detectives Look at Links With Missing Persons; Maryland's Susan Lane's Case is One Being Reviewed. | Terrie Mead | NewsBreak Original

From March 2023:

How did someone who knew her just so happen to find her car not long after it was left at the gas station?

"Nancy told Dateline that in the later morning hours of March 2, she received a call from her daughter’s cell phone. But the caller was not Susan. On the other end of the phone was a man who Nancy identified as an acquaintance of Susan. Nancy said this person told her he saw Susan’s car..."

From March 2023:

How did someone who knew her just so happen to find her car not long after it was left at the gas station?

"Nancy told Dateline that in the later morning hours of March 2, she received a call from her daughter’s cell phone. But the caller was not Susan. On the other end of the phone was a man who Nancy identified as an acquaintance of Susan. Nancy said this person told her he saw Susan’s car..."

I dunno. If it's a neighborhood station, it's probably not that surprising. I know if I left my car at the Mobil station near us, it probably wouldn't be more than an hour before more than one of my neighbors spotted it and called us about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustMe196503
Back