Found Deceased MD - Tara Payne, 26, Baltimore, 23 March 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

mlhenn

Reaction score
Police need public's help locating missing 26-year-old woman

Police said Tara Payne was last seen Tuesday around 1:30 a.m. in the 2800 block of O’Donnell Street.

Tara is around 5 feet 7 inches tall, weighing about 115 pounds, police said. Family and friends are concerned about her wellbeing.

Anyone with information on Tara’s whereabouts is urged to contact the southeast district’s Missing Person Unit at 410-396-2422 or simply dial 911.

upload_2021-3-23_23-25-55.jpeg

According to posts on social media by family and friends, Payne was out celebrating her birthday Monday night into Tuesday morning in Canton Square. She was seen leaving Southern Provisions around 1:30 a.m.

When she didn’t show up her birthday lunch with her aunt Tuesday afternoon, her aunt said she called her cell phone and Baltimore Police answered.

She was spotted around the Shipyard apartments off Boston Street around 3:30 a.m. Her purse was found along Boston Street, her aunt said.

Search Continues For Missing 26-Year-Old 'Savannah' Tara Payne In Baltimore
Social Media posts can be seen at link above.

Wow this is really worrisome. Sounds like Tara may have been drinking. Southern Provisions is very close to the Shipyard apartments. Boston Street where her purse was found, is the access street. Since her car was found where she parked it that night, safe to assume she walked. Did she meet someone that night? Where was she for two hours in between leaving the bar and being spotted around the apartments? Google Maps

My other worry, the harbor is very close to the apartments :(

Last edited:
Social media report by a friend says she was last seen at 3:30 am "behind" Shipyard Apartments "off Boston Street". Not sure what is considered the front of the apartments, but there is no entrance to them off Boston St, so it could mean she was last seen on Boston Street, or if the writer considers the front to be Boston Street then behind the apartments would be a parking lot in a nice gated area (accessible by foot).

https://twitter.com/AlexaAshwell/status/1374760859696824321

Latest on the search for Tara Savannah Payne. According to BPD, she was last seen at So Pro in Canton. According to posts from family and friends her purse was then located off Boston Street. BPD has been in that area searching the harbor water.
@FOXBaltimore

5:31 PM · Mar 24, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/AlexaAshwell/status/1374760859696824321

Latest on the search for Tara Savannah Payne. According to BPD, she was last seen at So Pro in Canton. According to posts from family and friends her purse was then located off Boston Street. BPD has been in that area searching the harbor water.
@FOXBaltimore

5:31 PM · Mar 24, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
Those flyers are from LE and say to contact the Homicide Unit with information. Is that normal for a missing persons case? :(

Both the @BaltimoreFire and @BaltimorePolice marine units have left the dock @wjz
ExQ09ejXEAQA79u.jpeg
https://twitter.com/RachaelCardin/status/1374782022586105863

A friend of the family told me ‘Savannah didn’t run off’ but as they search the area today, they remain hopeful @wjz
ExQ1T8UWYAQrcwz.jpeg
https://twitter.com/RachaelCardin/status/1374782407442890756

#HappeningNow police boats in the water along the waterfront in Canton- friends of the missing Savannah Payne say they believe she was staying in this area the night she was last seen
https://twitter.com/RachaelCardin/status/1374783214515060746 -video at link

This is very close to me. My good friend lives in Canton square. I have some “behind the scenes” knowledge but can’t say here due to TOS rules. But it’s not looking good IMO. Praying for Savannah!

The plea from friends and loved ones of 26-year-old Savannah Payne @wjz
https://twitter.com/RachaelCardin/status/1374789939368488969 -video at link

Search Continues For Missing 26-Year-Old 'Savannah' Tara Payne In Baltimore

[...]

Police said family and friends are concerned about her well-being. There was activity in front of the Chesapeake Yacht Center at around 1:50 p.m. WJZ’s Rachael Cardin said Payne’s family was there. Shortly after, Baltimore Fire and Baltimore Police marine units had left the dock.

[...]

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Payne is urged to contact the Southeast District’s Missing Person Unit at 410-396-2422 or simply dial 911.

The only non-nefarious situation I can come up with is that she was so drunk that she blacked out and left the bar unbeknownst her friends (also called an Irish goodbye- I had been known to do this in my younger days). Maybe she got confused and disoriented. Dropped her things and somehow ended up in the water and drowned. The thing about falling into the water there is the sides are concrete and impossible to get out of the water using the walls because they are so high. There’s typically maybe 1 escape route/ladder but it’s small and you’d have to have a clear mind to find one. This happens there a lot. I went to visit my dad last st pattys day (he lives there) and while we were there they were fishing out a body of a missing young man from a few months prior. Similar thing happened.

But after hearing some rumors of how she was acting on video some 2 hours later is worrisome

MOO

I live in this neighborhood if anyone has questions about the area. I’m a few blocks from the water. I don’t want to speculate on what happened though because it’s hard to separate news site info from neighborhood info.

I’m also wondering where she was from 1:30-3:30 (when a ring doorbell caught her). That’s 2 hours unaccounted for. Did she pass out somewhere only to wake up distraught? Did something terrible happen to her during those 2 hours? I really hope, for her family’s sake, that they find out the answers to this soon. And I also hope that she’s ok and just nursing a massive hangover. MOO

edit: i’m awful at using this site’s format

I hope she’s just hungover. I think she would be up by now. I also wonder what happened in that window. So many people in the neighborhood have cameras, they have to be piecing it together.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subzero55
Back