ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...I understand that not everyone reacts in the same way. I respect you for your opinion. :seeya:

Ayla's Dad is questionable for me...his and his cohabitors are the only vehicles impounded. This child was in his care when bruises appeared on her body. He supposedly "fell on her" when her arm was broken. My smeller is not broken and something is rotten in Denmark. JMO

No opinion in my post.

LE says he is cooperating . . . :seeya:

Vehicle impounded from crime scence: typical & necessary!
Bruises/broken arm on a 20 month old ??? many cases where it means nothing!

How about a midnight road trip to Ayla's gma's house to "get her 'cause the bad bad CFS took her from us 'cause they have it in for us!" -- now this is my opinion

JMO it's one thing to be concerned and another thing to be certain that the concern is real and warrants stopping visitation and depriving the child of contact with her father.

It's not necessarily just up to the mother to allow or disallow visitation either IMO if there is an agreement or a court order that visitation should take place. (I don't know if they've been to court about custody, prior to TR filing just recently.)

We are to understand from Maternal Gramma's interview that CPS placed the child w/Dad because Mom was in rehab. We alswo have heard there is affiliation w/Dad's family and CPS. What we do know is that Mom would have had the CPS issue hanging over her head. Irrespective of that she filed for full custody. It would be nice to see the filing to find out why she felt she needed to remove the chilkd from Dad's custody.

Hey I havn;t had a chance to read all your posts yet so forgive me if this has been said but when i first heard about this little angel and the story we have heard which I personally dont believe but what i started thinking was for one the talk about her sleeping for so long and I have a daughter she is 8 so i remember when she was a year and a half and yes she would get up alot through the night..But what i was thinking was forget about her age and the argument of the dad saying she slept 12 hours and no one believing it just based on her age alone ..Add to that her broken arm every time she moved she would be in pain so i guarantee she would have been not sleeping very long because of her arm...Then as i was thinking about that i started thinking clearly this guy isn't to happy about getting up all through the night and Ill bet ya that he did what alot of questionable parents do when they want thier baby to sleep and give her some extra tylenol , or advil, What if he gave her way to much and she over dosed on it ..I think thats something they should be checking what the hospitol gave him for her and her arm as far as i know its gonna be children liquid tylenol or advil for her pain ..Anyway just a thought i wanted to mention that i had.

That is a very real possibility, and it has happened before, I'm sure.
I really hate it though, when we have a dozen "experts" chime in and say NO child that age is going to sleep 12 hours straight, when we know that some can and do. Every child is different. With my last son, I was lucky if he slept 12 minutes straight, but... that's another story.

I wanted to ask some of the medical pros here... is it customary to put a soft cast on a child that young for a broken arm? Was she maybe supposed to go back and get a hard cast at some point? I know when mine broke his arm at 12 y.o., they put an ace bandage and a sling on him on a Sat. and then on Mon. he went to the dr. and got the cast, which he was in for 8 weeks. The other one who broke his collarbone wore his arm in a sling for about 4 weeks, IIRC. And you are right, I remember it being very uncomfortable for him to sleep.
But yes, it's very possible that he may have overdosed her on something so HE could get some rest.

At 20 months would she not still be in a crib..

I feel like I am disagreeing alot.sorry.. But did it mention what she was in? My son was in a crib for over 2 years.. My daughter was probably under 2. I remember my son was, because I was pregnant with his sis, finally needed the crib so I transfer him over to a bed.

At 20 months would she not still be in a crib..

That's what I was thinking. Most parents take the baby out of the crib when they start climbing. If Ayla was walking at 10 months like her mother says, then she would have been climbing by 14 or 15 months at the latest. IMO. For me the cut off has always been the point when the child is able to lift one leg up close to the level of the top rail (here, it was always playpens, I never used a crib). Most of mine have been in toddler beds by 18 months at the very latest. I have a hard time believing that she would have still been in a crib.

A general observation regarding ALL of these currently missing children who were last seen in their crib/car/bed etc.........

There is a vast difference between hiring counsel (some cases) and clamming up and refusing to answer questions from legitimate authority (aka 'lawyering up'). Agreed?

We are to understand from Maternal Gramma's interview that CPS placed the child w/Dad because Mom was in rehab. We alswo have heard there is affiliation w/Dad's family and CPS. What we do know is that Mom would have had the CPS issue hanging over her head. Irrespective of that she filed for full custody. It would be nice to see the filing to find out why she felt she needed to remove the chilkd from Dad's custody.

I think there is more to her reason..But why isn't the simple fact that she loves and wants her daughter to be with her enough of a reason...

LE saying the parents are both cooperating just means they are talking to them and are doing what is asked. It doesn't mean they're being truthful.

Oh, and a soft cast (aka velcro splint) is entirely appropriate for some types of fractures, esp in younger kids. My son had one for his when he was 12 - and I waited three days to have it xrayed because he kept saying it was 'fine'. And yes, I was mortified, being a nurse and all............

Why is it relevant if children can sleep 12 hours straight? She might or might not have if she hadn't disappeared in the middle of the night. A child that is not there is not going to wake up at 5 am.

Oh, and a soft cast (aka velcro splint) is entirely appropriate for some types of fractures, esp in younger kids. My son had one for his when he was 12 - and I waited three days to have it xrayed because he kept saying it was 'fine'. And yes, I was mortified, being a nurse and all............

Been there, done that. My poor two year old had a fracture in his forearm that I didn't get xrayed and set for 3 days because he just didn't seem to hurt all that much - I felt terrible. Terrible. He couldn't hold anything at all with any weight - he'd just drop stuff he picked up because it hurt, but other than that he was playing fine.

:(

Why is it relevant if children can sleep 12 hours straight? She might or might not have if she hadn't disappeared in the middle of the night. A child that is not there is not going to wake up at 5 am.

I don't know. I wonder why people are upset that he did not check on her. I check on my children, before I go to bed, and if I get up. But what if I went to bed when they did, and awaken 12 hours later, and not checked on them. kwim

Not a pressing issue in this case IMHO . . . just the fact she is missing between the time she was seen in bed & when her father checked on her (approx 12 hrs)

Kids sleep & stay asleep when they are tired.

I wonder if we will get a 911 release. I never really know why and when those are for the public.

I don't know. I wonder why people are upset that he did not check on her. I check on my children, before I go to bed, and if I get up. But what if I went to bed when they did, and awaken 12 hours later, and not checked on them. kwim

IDK...my kids were up alot even at 20 months. When they slept more than 4 hours...I quietly checked on them...my world would not end if they awakened and needed to be soothed back to sleep. A child with a broken arm would be fussy without meds. Was Ayla given meds for her arm?

IDK...my kids were up alot even at 20 months. When they slept more than 4 hours...I quietly checked on them...my world would not end if they awakened and needed to be soothed back to sleep. A child with a broken arm would be fussy without meds. Was Ayla given meds for her arm?

I don't know about meds, but Mom said that Ayla did not make it to her doctor's appointment on Friday...

Ayla was in a toddler bed, according to Ayla's mom. She stated this on NG & said Ayla was not the type of kid to walk out of the house on her own. Also, there was a 10 mo. old that slept in the same room & the mom wondered why the 10 mo. old wasn't taken too, if it was an intruder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties