Silver Alert ME - Graham Lacher, Bangor, disappeared from psychiatric hospital, June 6 2022 *reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Bangor Police and DEEMI Search and Rescue are asking for the public's help in their quest to find a missing Dorothea Dix patient.

Who Is Graham Lacher?​

Graham Lacher was a patient at the psychiatric hospital when he disappeared earlier this month. Police and others have been looking for him ever since. Graham Lacher is a white male, 5'11", about 265 pounds, with brown hair, and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a gray jacket, gray/green Carhartt pants, and an orange knit hat. Officials say he suffers from mental illness and tends to shy away from people.

Bangor Police have released more details about the search and sightings of him since he disappeared:

June 6 - Sergeant Wade Betters says Bangor Police were notified by the staff at Dorothea Dix at approximately 4:41 pm that a patient, 37-year-old Graham Lacher, had left the property on foot, crossing the soccer fields, headed in the direction of Mt. Hope Avenue. That notification came about 23 minutes after the last sighting of Lacher. Several officers searched the area and brought in a police K9, in an attempt to locate his scent. By 8:30, with no sign of him, Lacher was entered into the system as a missing person. In addition, a Silver Alert was requested since Lacher has some mental health challenges. That alert went out at 10 p.m.

June 7 - At approximately 3:50 a.m. two motorists traveling on I-95 near the Bangor Mall told police they saw a man walking on the highway, headed northbound towards Hogan Road. Officials say the description they gave was consistent with Lacher. Officers and a State Police Trooper responded and searched the area but, once again, there was no sign of him. Since this sighting, police have learned that Lacher was seen on a surveillance camera near the dead-end of Sylvan Road, near the highway, at 6:04 pm on June 6th, approximately 2 hours after he fled the hospital grounds.

June 7 - Based on this possible sighting of Lacher on the interstate, volunteers from the Down East Emergency Medicine Institute (DEEMI) began searching in Orono. When they were unable to find any evidence that Lacher had traveled that far north, they turned their attention back to the Bangor Mall area, and that search has been ongoing ever since. Members of the Maine Warden Service and Penobscot County Sheriff's Office have aided in the search which, to date, has turned up no sign of Graham Lacher.

June 10 and June 15 - Customers and Border Protection Agents flew a helicopter over the search areas. This effort has also included the use of drones and ground searches. Maps have been released, showing searched areas in red, and officials say the search has now spread to areas outside those regions.
Bangor Police Department

"The mother of a missing Norridgewock man who fled Dorothea Dix Psychiatric Center in Bangor last week said that law enforcement have failed to share much information about the search for her son, frustrating her family and leaving them wondering who is in charge of finding him.

Graham Lacher, 37, bolted from the hospital, where he was being treated for schizophrenia and was a voluntary patient, at 4:40 p.m. last Monday, his mother, Tammy Scully, said....' much more at link . Mother of missing man says Bangor police left family in the dark about search efforts

I pray he's found soon! I'm afraid he likely doesn't have some much needed medication and schizophrenia is nothing to take lightly. He needs his medication, imo.

The family of Graham Lacher, missing since June 6, when he bolted from the Dorothea Dix Treatment Center (DDPC) in Bangor, will hold a public awareness gathering from 3-4 p.m., Monday, June 27, at Cascade Park in Bangor.

Family members and searchers will be available to answer questions, and printed materials will be available to those who want to help raise awareness or join the search for Lacher, which will enter its fourth week on the June 27.

“We believe someone has seen him without realizing it,” said Lacher’s mother, Tammy Lacher Scully, who is also his legal guardian, “so getting the word out more broadly is essential. We need help from the public—to be on the look-out, to spread the word of his disappearance, and, if possible, to help us search or review surveillance footage. Any support of any kind is much appreciated.”

Lacher is 37 years old, was being treated at DDPC for severe mental illness (schizophrenia), and is also on the Autism Spectrum. He is likely nonverbal at this point, has no ID, no money and no means of providing for himself.

(..)

30 June 2022

SBBM

“The autism makes him nonsocial, the schizophrenia makes him scared of people,”... [snip] He’s capable of walking long distances, his mother said. Lacher may also be mute, she said, explaining that he was mute for months following the November disappearance and had only recently begun talking again before fleeing the Bangor hospital. [snip] Authorities ask that anyone who sees Lacher, or has information about his whereabouts, call Bangor police at 207-942-8211.

Graham-without-hat-or-glasses-300x300.jpg

Bangor Maine Police Department

Department Contact: Sgt. Wade Betters, wade.betters@bangormaine.gov
RE: Graham Lacher-Still Missing.

Over the last few weeks, we have received several (potential sighting) reports about Mr. Lacher.
Mr. Lacher suffers from mental illness. We have looked into those reports, but unfortunately, none were accurate.

As we continue our efforts to locate Mr. Lacher, we remain in need of the public’s help. We encourage anyone with surveillance cameras in the Bangor area, to review any/all video footage. If evidence of Mr. Lacher is found, please contact the Bangor Police Department. Sightings of Mr. Lacher occurring outside Bangor should be reported to that area’s corresponding law enforcement agency.

There is a good chance that Mr. Lacher will not appear wearing an orange knit cap or even his glasses. Typically, with strangers, he is not easily approached. There is the possibility that he could bolt when spoken to or approached.

The search for Mr. Lacher has truly been a community effort, and we would like to thank the agencies, volunteers, and members of the public who have helped thus far.
TC
BPD

290767320_401374552019346_7995225911006708190_n.jpg
290320109_401370818686386_5271596170800663833_n.jpg

The Ellsworth American

Graham Lacher, 37, was last seen in Bangor June 6, walking away from the Dorothea Dix Psychiatric Center. He may have been spotted in the Ellsworth area recently, according to his mother. A Silver Alert has been issued. Lacher is a white, 5’11” and 200 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes. He has long brown hair, a long beard, glasses and was last seen wearing a gray jacket, gray/green Carhartt pants and an orange knit hat. He suffers from mental illness and tends to avoid people. Anyone who sees Lacher or has information should call the Bangor Police Department at 942-8211.
#

I wonder if he has any cash? A month is a long time, for even the most stable and emotionally strong to get by with no where to go. I'm sure the shelters and food pantries have been alerted.

NamUs #MP93172
Graham Karlson Lacher,
Male, White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact June 6, 2022
Missing From Bangor, Maine
Missing Age 37 Years

Circumstances of Disappearance - Last seen near Husson Research Building via surveillance camera at approximately 6 p.m., 2 hours after he left residence, which was at approximately 4 p.m. on June 6, 2022.

Published: Aug. 8, 2022 at 4:15 PM COT|Updated: 23 hours ago

BANGOR, Maine (WABI) - Another piece of evidence has been found nine weeks into the search for Graham Lacher.

According to “Missing Graham Lacher,” a Facebook page run by his mother, a DEEMI volunteer found an orange hat on Monday with Lacher’s name written in it.

The hat was found on the ground at the corner of Juniper and Dartmouth Streets in Bangor.

Lacher is pictured wearing the hat in several photographs, including one posted by the Bangor Police Department.

Published: Aug. 8, 2022 at 4:15 PM COT|Updated: 23 hours ago

BANGOR, Maine (WABI) - Another piece of evidence has been found nine weeks into the search for Graham Lacher.

According to “Missing Graham Lacher,” a Facebook page run by his mother, a DEEMI volunteer found an orange hat on Monday with Lacher’s name written in it.

The hat was found on the ground at the corner of Juniper and Dartmouth Streets in Bangor.

Lacher is pictured wearing the hat in several photographs, including one posted by the Bangor Police Department.
Surely security cams near that intersection gave been or will be checked? Hopefully, finding the hat will lead to finding Graham. With winter approaching, the sooner, the better!
MOO

Now that three months have passed with no confirmed sightings of Graham Lacher, the autistic/schizophrenic man who fled Bangor’s Dorothea Dix Psychiatric Center on June 6, his family is offering a $500 reward for information leading to a successful reunion with him.

“We have patiently waited, trusting the system to locate our son, and the system has failed us,” said Tammy Lacher Scully, Graham Lacher’s mother and legal guardian. “My son has a life-threatening medical condition. He needs immediate medical care. And then we need to find him a place to live where he feels safe and can be as independent as possible.”

According to Scully, there is no official active investigation or search for her now 38-year-old son.

“I don’t think the public realizes we’re the only ones actively looking for him,” said Scully.

She and her husband, Jack Scully, and Graham’s stepmother, Kim Lacher, are being helped by two other key people: volunteers Brandy St. Louis Baron of Veazie and Robert Kearns of Bangor.

“That’s it—five people trying to cover the entire state of Maine,” says Scully.

“We need more help. We need the public to look hard. We think someone may be helping him, believing they’re doing a good thing,” she said. “Please, please believe me when I say we want the best for Graham—we want him healthy and fed and as free as he can be. We have always offered him the option to live on his own, and he has always chosen to live with assistance from us or others. This disappearance comes from his illness—from the voices in his head that threaten his own safety.”

This is heartbreaking. My older brother lives in a group home and although his issues are not as severe as these seem to be, I would be absolutely terrified thinking of him out on his own and what could happen to him. I so feel for this family.

BANGOR, Maine — A new effort is giving one Maine family hope that they will find their missing son.

Graham Lacher, 38, was last seen walking away from the Dorothea Dix Psychiatric Center in Bangor on June 6.

Lacher's parents haven't given up on finding him and this is why they've launched Adopt A Sign For Graham. The campaign asks property owners along major traffic arteries leading in and out of Bangor to post a yard sign with Lacher’s picture.

Lacher's mother, Tammy Lacher Scully, told NEWS CENTER Maine her son is a diagnosed schizophrenic, on the autism spectrum, and in need of medical attention.

“We need people outside of Bangor to be really familiar with what [Graham] looks like and if they see him call," she said. "The only way we could think of to do that was to place these signs on major commuter routes."

Lacher Scully will be handing out signs to those willing to put them up tonight at Bangor's Cascade Park from 3 to 5. You can also request signs by sending a message to their Facebook page: Missing Graham Lacher.

Bangor police ask that anyone who may have information about Lacher's whereabouts contact the department at 207-942-8211.

BANGOR, Maine — A new effort is giving one Maine family hope that they will find their missing son.

Graham Lacher, 38, was last seen walking away from the Dorothea Dix Psychiatric Center in Bangor on June 6.

Lacher's parents haven't given up on finding him and this is why they've launched Adopt A Sign For Graham. The campaign asks property owners along major traffic arteries leading in and out of Bangor to post a yard sign with Lacher’s picture.

Lacher's mother, Tammy Lacher Scully, told NEWS CENTER Maine her son is a diagnosed schizophrenic, on the autism spectrum, and in need of medical attention.

“We need people outside of Bangor to be really familiar with what [Graham] looks like and if they see him call," she said. "The only way we could think of to do that was to place these signs on major commuter routes."

Lacher Scully will be handing out signs to those willing to put them up tonight at Bangor's Cascade Park from 3 to 5. You can also request signs by sending a message to their Facebook page: Missing Graham Lacher.

Bangor police ask that anyone who may have information about Lacher's whereabouts contact the department at 207-942-8211.
Great idea. Though he does look much different in the photos depending on whether he has long hair with the beard or short hair. I assume it's the former especially since I'm sure he's not visiting a barber.

I live in the Belfast, Maine area and there are signs everywhere with Lacher's face and name and a telephone number. It's rare in this state to see so many signs about a missing person, especially on the side of the road instead of just community billboards and such. There is a really strong will to find this man and I doubt anyone, at least in the Belfast area, hasn't seen these signs. Hopefully, it will help someone recognize him soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ME-
Back