Found Deceased ME - Kerry Rear, 40, Sanford, 22 Jan 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
First - thanks for posting that and my thoughts are with the family
Second - how many times does this happen - a person is found so close to where they were last seen despite a big search?
Third - I thought the dog tracked her to NH? I was so impressed by that dog but what the heck happened there?

I agree Spider92! How did the dog track her to an entirely different location?

Very sad for this lady and her family :(

From Sammy's link:

Wednesday game wardens located the remains of missing Sanford woman Kerry Rear in the woods off of Country Club Road, just 200 yards from the Lil’ Mart where she was last seen on January 22.

The investigation into Rear's death is just starting at this point; the circumstances around her disappearance are still unclear.

The medical examiner will be working to determine the cause of death.

Likely she froze to death, but who knows.

RIP Kerry!

we should learn a lot from this that might help us understand other cases... dogs tracked her to NH? We can't put 100% stock in what these trained dogs do. Not to discourage the dogs and what they do, but just to remember that just because something looks like X, we can't necessarily rule out the possibility that it is really Y.

New posters to WS often get carried away with some ideas based on little things we pick up in news stories, and others who have been here awhile know that some ideas turn out to be the opposite of what they looked like at the outset.

Ugh, I am not making sense here but anyway, just saw Kerry's listing on thelostandfound and wanted to check if there was any news. So very sad to read the news of her passing. Very very sad all around.

Sorry you could not get the help you needed, beautiful.

Celebration of Life set for Kerry Rear
On March 25, folks are invited to a Celebration of Life, set for 3 to 6 p.m. at St. George‘s Episcopal Church, at the intersection of Emerson and Main streets in Sanford.

As part of the celebration of her life, there will be a pot luck dinner; a fitting tribute to a woman who loved to cook and feed others.

Friends spoke of the regular Thursday night dinners at Rear’s apartment, where she would cook them a "family" supper.

“She loved to cook,” said her friend Rebecca Jackson. “We’d hang out, joke around and have fun.”

http://www.journaltribune.com/news/2017-03-15/Front_Page/A_beautiful_person.html

Much more about Kerry at link. Kerry loved her family and friends, and people in general, and people clearly loved her.

Oops. Sorry Elainera I never saw your post until I remembered to hit send on mine. Please ignoring my post.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff
Back