Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is he ?????????
So worried for anyone RC may encounter.
He has nothing to lose now, other than his freedom.
Even though he could very well 'unalive himself'; I bet he's too cowardly for that.
Ugh.
Hoping he's caught before tomorrow.
If he calls anyone, maybe LE can get a 'fix' on his phone location ?
Omo.

Intresting. My husband is a Vet with hearing aids. He does get feedback sometimes. Not often but has happened.
My husband got hearing aids last February. He wore them for about two weeks and then returned them. Even after adjustments he couldn't get used to all the ambient noises he was hearing over and above what he wanted to hear. He hated the sound of his own voice, he hated hearing himself chew food. He felt like his ears were plugged up (duh). He hated hearing his heart beat. All those things were things he'd been told about but after years of diminished hearing it came on like gangbusters and he couldn't cope with it.

I tried to explain it was like when I first wore contact lenses. All I could see were rainbow auras around every street light, tv, car light. It was so distracting. I thought I'd have to go back to glasses but the doctor explained to me your brain eventually filters out those things and you build up a resistance to it.

I also wonder if RC couldn't afford to keep going back to get adjustments to his hearing aids because he didn't have a health plan and those auditory hallucinations like hearing people talking about him were exacerbated by the hearing aids not being properly calibrated to his hearing issues.

For the record, hearing impairment is linked to auditory hallucinations in some individuals. Just putting it out there as it may not have had anything to do with the hearing aids themselves.
Very true. I have single sided deafness. Deaf in one ear. I often have severe ringing in my deaf ear. The doctor explained I'm not actually hearing ringing, it's my brain making it up.

However, "singing ear" in this case makes a lot of sense. When he started hearing better he heard noises his brain interpreted to be people talking about him. Probably due to his mental illness. Some people hear singing. It's just low noise, like a ceiling fan, your brain interprets to be music or talking. Before the hearing aides he may not have heard background noise as much.

Sea-Doos. Speed & Range of Travel?

@CrimeDawg123 Thanks for prompting me to look a bit further.
Quickky searched for Sea-Doo products & found these models <--- 2024, of course, his could be older.

Personal water craft:
Also at that link, some tow boats and some "Sport Fishing" craft.

And Sea-Doo Pontoon boats:

IDK how far or how quickly a person on a Sea-Doo could go.

The named suspect has a l-o-n-g headstart.
Card owns a boat and a jet ski.

That's some extremely rugged country through there. Gives an idea of the scenery and lay of the land; Appalachian Trail State Profile: Maine - The Trek If he's a skilled survivalist, then he could possibly disappear into those mountains for who knows how long. I could see him going back home too, though.

No one knows what this guy has going on right now, mentally speaking. He asked for help, from what I've gleened from here and the media (link below ) I do believe he was hearing voices. It's possible, in some cases, that the voices become strong enough to take over. (When the Voice Inside Your Head Turns Bad)

Suspected Lewiston shooter reported hearing voices
I just checked the Maine weather-unseasonably warm so not bad outside but next week the nights dip below freezing so I am not convinced he would want to be out in that. The thing is: he is from the area so would know about barns, vacant housing, out buildings. I cannot imagine everyone on a lock down but I also can't imagine always thinking this guy could be under the porch or about to swipe a car. Supposedly his car was found at a boat launch... do they think he had another car? a boat? jumped in the Androscoggin ? ...that would be cold. 55F
Water temperature in Brunswick (Androscoggin River) and sea water temperature forecast in Brunswick (Androscoggin River) for the next days

My husband got hearing aids last February. He wore them for about two weeks and then returned them. Even after adjustments he couldn't get used to all the ambient noises he was hearing over and above what he wanted to hear. He hated the sound of his own voice, he hated hearing himself chew food. He felt like his ears were plugged up (duh). He hated hearing his heart beat. All those things were things he'd been told about but after years of diminished hearing it came on like gangbusters and he couldn't cope with it.

I tried to explain it was like when I first wore contact lenses. All I could see were rainbow auras around every street light, tv, car light. It was so distracting. I thought I'd have to go back to glasses but the doctor explained to me your brain eventually filters out those things and you build up a resistance to it.

I also wonder if RC couldn't afford to keep going back to get adjustments to his hearing aids because he didn't have a health plan and those auditory hallucinations like hearing people talking about him were exacerbated by the hearing aids not being properly calibrated to his hearing issues.

But wasn't RC's health benefits covered by the VA?

Perhaps so, but in a small town the size of Bowdoin, even a "too-small-to-count-as-a-mass-killing" murder of four people at once would be a traumatic community event that could possibly have spurred JC to consider carrying forward his thoughts into action.

A town near me of similar size (around 3000 people) experienced just such a killing a decade or so ago, and I can tell you we were all in a certain level of traumatic shock for many months afterwards.

It isn't the label that matters IMO, but the happening.
Quoting myself to correct his initials, I said JC but meant RC. For a minute there I had his first name wrong. Just to clarify.

Now I found it. The helicopter route (shown below in yellow) is continuing to make wider and wider sweeps in circles around the Androscoggin River at Route 196.

Ok, now the helicopter has completely left and is heading back to the south of Lewiston at Route 202.

Maybe time for a refueling... but looks like that river has been searched.

Something is definitely up though. He went around and around that river intersection probably 15 times. This is south from the place where his car/boat was reportedly at.

I wonder if he spotted them if he is relaying word to the ground.

View attachment 456061
You guys are geniuses finding this stuff and relating it to the search!! Great finds.

Looks like this might be his father. Died back in 2012? (2015 this was updated). He was in the business but not an owner. Survived by his son, Robert of Topsham.
DM has a piece about a Topsham, ME yearbook

So possible connection?
jmo

ETA: Could be a grandfather. Heard reporting just now on NN that his father is alive. He was just seen by a neighbor farming with him. So if that's true it could possibly be a grandfather or the obit and DM link may not be connected at all. But @Knox I have not seen anything else about lumber or mills. Neighbors are talking farming.

jmo

Same for my mom. She hates the sounds. After years of not hearing things like rustling papers, scraping chairs, etc., it’s all so clangy for her. She hates it. Even after trying to adjust it over and over.

Wow. Losing his job could have been a final trigger.

jmo
Sometimes that goes along with being a self-centered injustice collector. Someone who feels superior to others, is anti social, hostile and violent doesn’t make a good employee or co worker. Everything wrong in their life is someone else’s fault, so he takes it out on others. <modsnip - namecalling>

Last edited by a moderator:
"Card allegedly threatened other soldiers with violence and was "command directed" to go to the hospital for the evaluation, according to a source briefed and with direct knowledge of the incident."

ABC news about incident this summer at a training camp in NY

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>
No one is saying the hearing aids caused it. That is just when his current problems started. The feedback or unaccustomed sounds may have aggravated a mental illness. If he has schizophrenia, he may have interpreted the feedback as voices.
I'm not sure when his problems started because the military won't say.

Medical studies have shown that hearing aids can help improve mental health and it may have been why he received them.

JMO

The police bulletin sent to law enforcement after Wednesday night’s shootings in Lewiston noted Card had been at a mental health facility for two weeks this summer, and he had reported “hearing voices and threats to shoot up” the military base. No information was provided about Card’s treatment or diagnosis.

For the record, hearing impairment is linked to auditory hallucinations in some individuals. Just putting it out there as it may not have had anything to do with the hearing aids themselves.
If someone with a hearing impairment is experiencing auditory hallucinations, then gets hearing aids, would it make the auditory hallucinations louder? Hopefully my question makes sense.

Sometimes that goes along with being a self-centered injustice collector. Someone who feels superior to others, is anti social, hostile and violent doesn’t make a good employee or co worker. Everything wrong in their life is someone else’s fault, so he takes it out on others. <modsnip - namecalling>
BBM. Also doesn't make for a good spouse. I think he has had some pretty serious issues for a long time.

JMO

An additional amendment to the divorce judgment in 2013 ordered “all weapons in either party’s home shall be under lock and key at all times during which they are not being used.”

Card’s criminal record in Maine shows one prior offense: A misdemeanor-level charge of operating under the influence in Topsham in 2007. He pleaded guilty, was sentenced to 48 hours in jail, and fined $500, which he paid.

While some family and friends said in interviews Thursday that Card was generally a nice man who did not exhibit concerning behavior before this past year, at least one former acquaintance said he was worried about Card and his family many years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members