• It will be bigger than O.J.

Votes: 22 12.8%
  • It will be covered locally, and followed big on the Internet

Votes: 55 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted this case "won't be as big as OJ's".

Casey doesn't have the same status as OJ did in his professional career, followers, idols, etc. OJ was on a pedestal in his career/life and Casey wasn't even near a pedestal of life.

IMO, the case will be covered locally and might have a good shot at being televised on InSession as well as being covered by InSession on the Internet. The local media will probably cover it "live stream."

A majority of all bloggers on Crime Sites will be tuned in as well as anyone that follows HLN (Prime News, Issues and Nancy Grace.) However there are a lot of people who don't even follow crime cases or watch Prime News, Issues or Nancy Grace.

I wonder if a network such as HLN will be allowed inside the court room? I have only followed a few cases of this severity, one being Laci and Connor Peterson. If my memory is correct I think the media was not allowed in the court room at all.

I watched the Scott Peterson case on t.v. every single day! It was either on Headline News or Court TV.

I just watched the Today Show this morning and they had a segment on yesterday's document dump, so even though it's Saturday, they are still reporting on it. I think the Peterson case had even less evidence and it had tons of coverage. Look at all of the evidence that's been presented in this case, even if it's circumstantial at this moment, and factor in a beautiful toddler that we have video of, factor in a whoring, lying mother and you've got REALITY TV at its best. I predict coverage will be big.

Of course, JMHO. :twocents:

It may be as big as O.J. not because Casey is so special but because all the characters are so crazy--every last one of them!

Imagine the days that George and Cindy will likely be called to the stand and the way the prosecutors will handle them (i.e., without kids gloves and as hostile witnesses). This will be a TIVO day or a day to pop the popcorn and sit in the comfy sofa to watch.

Imagine the days that "flamboyant cowboy" LP will take the stand.

Imagine once the defense gets its turn and starts backing up the bus to throw (anyone) under it. How will (anyone like even a family member--gasp!) react. That will be a must-see event.

We will hopefully see a very detailed presentation of evidence which will hopefully lead up to an inevitable climax of facts all pointing to the guilt one person, more than likely Casey, who will sit there looking pitiful or boring holes into the witness depending.

Then you have the entertaining Baez puffing away trying to bail out a sinking ship.

You have Judge Strickland there, not being an Ito, and trying hard not to roll his eyes.

Yep, I'm gonna watch it.

Here in Cali where I live all the people I have spoken to have never heard of this case or heard very little. Everyone heard of OJ.

I don't think it will be as big as the OJ trial. I live in S. Fl and most everyone I know only knows about this case from me. OT If the trial gets moved down here I am so going.

Someone mentioned that Court TV is apparently going to stop covering live trials in November. That will definitely limit our ability to watch the trial. If it is televised on a station I am able to get, I'll definitely watch it.

It won't be nearly as big as OJ which was of nationwide interest. KC is already fading from notoriety. Even NG doesn't cover it much any more.

~Jai Yen

This trial is a little ripple in a big pond . Her families antics enlarged it but she is a
dime a dozen murderer. There is nothing special or unique about her at all.
The prisons are full of people just like her.
KC infamy has a shelf life and once she is sentenced the majority of the public will say WHO ?

Someone mentioned that Court TV is apparently going to stop covering live trials in November. That will definitely limit our ability to watch the trial. If it is televised on a station I am able to get, I'll definitely watch it.

It won't be nearly as big as OJ which was of nationwide interest. KC is already fading from notoriety. Even NG doesn't cover it much any more.

~Jai Yen

Yes, but whenever there is new news...NG does cover it...I think she will cover KC's trial and all the surrounding antics in full living color!

I honestly think a Van Dersloot trial for Natalee Holloway would have been more followed than this case as well. Solely because Natalee's face was out there for months and months every single day on the news, and because it was international.
Aside from HLN, which does not get the ratings that a Fox News would get, very few stations are covering this in the same way they covered Natalee. GVS had Beth Holloway on nearly every night for quite a long time....

ETA: Gee, if only CA were out there voraciously seeking the truth like Beth was...but I guess you don't do that when you know your daughter did this.

I honestly think a Van Dersloot trial for Natalee Holloway would have been more followed than this case as well. Solely because Natalee's face was out there for months and months every single day on the news, and because it was international.
Aside from HLN, which does not get the ratings that a Fox News would get, very few stations are covering this in the same way they covered Natalee. GVS had Beth Holloway on nearly every night for quite a long time....

ETA: Gee, if only CA were out there voraciously seeking the truth like Beth was...but I guess you don't do that when you know your daughter did this.

GVS Did cover Caylee and then dropped out to cover the presidential election.

Do we know if cameras are going to be allowed in the courtroom? Or is that something that's decided further down the line. I would love to be able to watch it on TruTV. I would seriously use some vacation days so I could stay home and watch the more interesting testimonies.

P.S. I don't think it will be nearly as big as OJ. I think WSers know more about it than the Average Joe on the street. No one else I know in my "real life" follows it. They know of the case but they don't follow it like we do.

It probably won't be followed as much as the OJ trial. He was known all over the world before the crime. Really, Casey got most of her recognition because she lied so much and so poorly, and then her family jumped in with their mistruths. But sadly, crimes against children by family members have become too common.

Most of my friends and family barely remember this case until I remind them of the details. I'd feel quite lonely as I babble on about it, if not for my fellow websleuthers. Thanks everyone for not forgetting Caylee. I agree with others that say it will depend on what crucial news is happening then. I bet Casey was miffed at Michael Jackson when he stole her limelight. I hope we get to follow this trial on tv. I, for one, have not lost interest in this case. Justice for Caylee is what I hope for.

Too funny, someone said that the Anthonys won't quit until they're a household name. Next thing you know they'll be sponsored by the duct tape or trashbag company. It's no more a joke than their foundation starting.

My thinking is the case will probably have about the same interest as the Scott Peterson trial.

Reason being:
Young, pregnant woman missing during, for the majority of the country, a holy holiday.

Toddler not reported missing for 31 days.

Both cases have that element that make people really curious.

Nope, not near the interest as OJ.
I was near the court house a couple times during the OJ trial....a total mad house.
Even a mile away the traffic was horrific.
Media and their vans from all over the world were everywhere, even a mile and more away from the court house.

Friends, family, aquaintances....none of them I know follow this case.
When they hear a soundbite on the news, they call or come over to ask me about it.
Then I have to come here to find out the latest so I can explain it to them.
They have noooo idea of the names of the players.....Only that a young mom misplaced her toddler for THIRTY ONE DAYS and there was DECOMP smell in the trunk of her car.
Their curiosity is only peaked when my local news does a few second bit and then I get the calls. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926