CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4) - MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINES - NO DISCUSS

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NOV 30, 2018
Chris Watts Confessed To Father He Killed Wife In A Rage, New Video Shows
In a bare white room at the Frederick Police Department, he told his father that he’d “freaked out” and killed his wife in a fury after a fight over plans to separate, according to newly released video from the Weld County District Attorney’s office.

“Oh my God,” his father said, dropping his head into his hands.

When his coworkers arrived at the site later that morning, they described his behavior as perfectly normal, prosecutors said. As law enforcement officials searched for the woman and girls, Watts was texting his new girlfriend about their future, prosecutors said.

Video shows moments Chris Watts confesses to killing pregnant wife
A video released Thursday shows the moment Christopher Watts, the Colorado man serving multiple sentences for killing his pregnant wife and two daughters, admitted to killing his wife.

"They’re gone. There’s no bringing them back," Watts told police, after explaining to first his father and then investigators that he strangled his wife, Shanann, because he saw her kill their two daughters, Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3.

The video, which also included footage of Watts failing a polygraph test when asked if he caused his wife's disappearance, was part of a trove of information related to the August murders released by the Weld County District Attorney.

NOV 30, 2018
New videos, documents released by prosecutors in Watts case

The newly released video also contains body camera footage of police searching the Watts home. The only one they find inside is the family dog.

Scroll down for the following:
  • Investigators search through Watts home
  • More video released in search of Watts home
  • Investigators test baby monitor in Watts investigation

NOV 30, 2018
AUDIO: Chris Watts’ Mistress Says She Might Have 'Accelerated the Process' of His Crimes

In audio of the Aug. 16 interview released Thursday and obtained by The Denver Post, Nichol Kessinger tells police she believes the Watts’ finances were the biggest factor in his crimes, but said her relationship with Watts might have “accelerated the process.”

(Click here for the audio.)

She says a lot of people might blame her, believing she was the catalyst for the slayings, but she adds, “I legitimately think his cheese was sliding off his cracker long before he met me,” says Kessinger.

In the audio, Kessinger tells police she deleted all of the “raunchy” texts and pictures she’d exchanged with Watts from her phone because she was now “grossed out by him.”

NOV 30, 2018
Chris Watts' Mistress Sobs During Police Interrogation: 'I'm So Ashamed of Him'
113018-watts-1280x720.jpg

The woman with whom Chris Watts had an affair before killing his entire family told police that she was “so ashamed of him,” according to a recording of the interview.

Nichol Kessinger, 30, broke down sobbing as she spoke with investigators at the Frederick Police Department in Colorado as she thought about what Watts had done to his daughters.

“Ugh, he is so disgusting, I am so ashamed of him," she said. "Why? why? why? How? I don't even understand how you can bring yourself to do that to someone who is just that big.”

NOV 30, 2018
'Heartless Monster' Chris Watts Googled: 'When to Say I Love You When Starting a New Relationship'
Weeks before he killed his wife and two daughters amidst an affair he was having with a co-worker, Chris Watts typed into Google, “When to say I love you for the first time in a new relationship.”

On that same day of July 25, less than three weeks before the Aug. 13 murders, Watts Googled, “What do you feel when someone tells you they love you” and “How does it feel when someone says I love you.”

During this period, Shanann desperately tried to salvage the couple’s crumbling marriage, prosecutors have said, citing pleading text messages and self-help books she got for her husband, including one he threw in the garbage.

Meanwhile, Watts was having an affair, spending the time going to bars restaurants, car museums and sand dunes with Kessinger as well as “searching the internet for secluded vacation spots,” District Attorney Michael Rourke has said.

“lt’s not hard texting love you and miss you,” Shanann added. “lf you don’t mean it then I get it, but we need to talk. I kept looking at my phone all night and no response from you. Like seriously! We didn’t just start dating yesterday! We’ve been together 8 years and have 2.5 kids together.”

NOV 30, 2018
Prosecutors release more information in Watts’ murder case
He admitted to strangling all of his family before disposing of their bodies. “They’re gone.There’s no bringing them back,” he explained.
Shannan-Watts-and-daughters-1024x576.jpg

Shannan Watts and daughters
Shannan Watts was found in a shallow grave. The daughters’ bodies were stuffed into nearby oil tanks on the property of Chris Watt’s former employer.

During the investigation police also interviewed his mistress, Nichol Kessinger. They had found racy photos of her on Watts’ phone. She has said, “to this day, even after everything that I’ve found out I still look back at that and I don’t see any red lights with the way that he spoke of his family.”

NOV 30, 2018
LISTEN: Chris Watts girlfriend Nichol Kessinger sobs in police interview over murder of his daughters; resists giving police contact information of friend who could confirm her whereabouts on day of murders
The interview, reportedly the second voluntary interview Kessinger gave to police, sheds more light on her relationship with Watts, but also raises questions about her characterization of their relationship when compared to some messages and online search records extracted from her and Watts’s cell phone and previously published in discovery documents released by the Weld County District Attorney’s Office.

“We always had a lot in common and hit it off and always had good conversations,” Kessinger says. She says that she stopped communicating with him on his work phone and began using his personal phone once she realized “this man is interested in me, I’m interested in him, this is personal.”

“Leave Jim alone. Leave Jim alone,” Kessinger says. “Jim doesn’t need to be wrapped up in this.”

Later, Kessinger tells the detective that she will provide Jim’s full name and contact information if police are not able to confirm her whereabouts via GPA and/or cell phone signal data. As previously reported, Chris Watts is believed to have killed his wife and daughters early in the morning on August 13 and disposed of their bodies shortly after, likely several hours before Kessinger would have returned to her apartment and met Jim. The discovery documents do not show any witness interviews with a man by the name of Jim. CrimeOnline has contacted the Weld County District Attorney’s office to confirm that investigators were able to track Kessinger’s whereabouts through other means.

The discovery documents do not show any witness interviews with a man by the name of Jim. CrimeOnline has contacted the Weld County District Attorney’s office to confirm that investigators were able to track Kessinger’s whereabouts through other means.

NOV 30, 2018 - POLYGRAPH PTS 1-3
Chris Watts takes polygraph test after killing pregnant wife, daughters (Part 1)

Chris Watts takes polygraph test after killing pregnant wife, daughters (Part 2)

Chris Watts takes polygraph test after killing pregnant wife, daughters (Part 3)

NOV 30, 2018 - POLYGRAPH PTS 4 - 6
Chris Watts takes polygraph test after killing pregnant wife, daughters (Part 4)

Chris Watts takes polygraph test after killing pregnant wife, daughters (Part 5)

Chris Watts takes polygraph test after killing pregnant wife, daughters (Part 6)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C
Back