CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4) - MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINES - NO DISCUSS

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
TONIGHT's #ABC2020: Watch the moment Chris Watts realizes he was caught on surveillance footage. Authorities say a neighbor’s security video shows Watts making three trips from the house to his truck carrying something the morning his family disappeared. How Shanann Watts' parents dealt with pregnant daughter, granddaughters' murders

TONIGHT: The parents of a Colorado woman murdered by her husband speak out for the first time to Amy Robach about the shocking crime that devastated their family. #ABC2020 airs at 10|9c on ABC. abcn.ws/2G2v5S5

After Chris Watts was convicted of murdering his pregnant wife and their two children, the parents of Shanann Watts open up about what they saw in their daughter's marriage: "They were amazingly happy." Amy Robach exclusive interview, tonight on #ABC2020. How Shanann Watts' parents dealt with pregnant daughter, granddaughters' murders

Shanann Watts’ parents tell Amy Robach about their reaction when they first saw that now-infamous TV interview that Chris Watts did while his family was still missing: "It was frightening."

The all-new #ABC2020 airs tonight at 10|9c on ABC. How Shanann Watts' parents dealt with pregnant daughter, granddaughters' murders
ABC 20/20

The parents of slain Colorado pregnant woman Shanann Watts told “20/20” in an exclusive interview that they are still grappling with how their son-in-law Chris Watts could have murdered their daughter and their two young granddaughters.

“That’s the big word – Why?” said her father Frank Rzucek. “He must have snapped, because there’s nothing else I could figure out what happened to him.”

“We did scream at God, yes we did,” added Sandra Rzucek, Shanann Watts’ mother. “The devil comes to you in any shape, size and form and can be transformed into anything.”

Watch the full story on "20/20" this Friday, Dec. 7 at 10 p.m. ET.

How Shanann Watts' parents dealt with pregnant daughter, granddaughters' murders

DEC 7, 2018
Chris Watts transferred to new facility in Wisconsin
The Frederick man who was sentenced to life in prison with no possibility of parole for killing his pregnant wife and two young daughters has been transferred to a facility in Wisconsin, 9NEWS learned on Friday.

Chris Watts, 33, was moved out of state on or before Dec. 3 due to safety concerns, but at the time his location was not disclosed.

On Friday morning, his mother Cindy Watts confirmed to 9NEWS he was moved to Wisconsin.

Colorado killer Chris Watts moved to Midwest prison for "safety reasons"
According to our sister station in Wisconsin, Chris Watts arrived at the Dodge Correctional Institution in Waupun last week, but will most likely be moved to another facility which hasn't been named.

The Colorado Department of Corrections says Watts was moved for "safety reasons" but did not clarify why.

Prosecutors called Chris Watts a cold blooded killer before a judge gave him multiple life sentences. His life was spared and death penalty thrown out after his wife;s family requested that he live.

DEC 7, 2018
Texts Reveal Shanann Watts’ Marital Unhappiness With Chris Watts
The texts, released Friday, log a conversation that Shanann Watts had with a friend about her anxiety about her growing family and a lack of connection with Chris Watts.

Phrasing Shanann used includes “I can’t do this alone,” “I’m not happy” and “I can’t do this.”
2018-273-s3-text-msgs-26.png

Shanann also describes frustrations with her mother- and father-in-law, saying that “Chris is so submissive and gives in so easy,” referring to an incident where Chris’s mother-in-law gave Celeste certain foods, against Shanann’s wishes for healthreasons. Shanann also mentions that she’s been fighting her in-laws influence on Chris, and his submissiveness to them, for the length of their relationship.

2018-273-s3-text-msgs-37.png

Another text message describes a lack of physical affection between Chris and Shanann, and her growing frustration.

2018-273-s3-text-msgs-38.png

DEC 7, 2018
‘Bad thoughts were going through my head’: Watts neighbor’s police interview details suspicion, ‘eerie’ feeling
Atkinson watched a neighbor’s camera footage from early that morning. It was 5:18 a.m., and Watts had backed his truck up into the garage and loaded something into the bed.

“That’s when my mind went bad — really bad,” Atkinson said. “What would he be loading up at 5:18 in the morning? And Shanann yells at him (when he uses the garage) because the garage wakes up the (girls) and the girls’ bedroom is right above the garage.”

In one exchange, Shanann tells her friend Watts wasn’t wearing his wedding ring, and he had changed his phone’s background photo to sand dunes. Unknown to both Shanann and Atkinson was this: Watts had spent time at the sand dunes with his mistress while Shanann was in North Carolina with the girls.

Shanann told Atkinson she would tell Watts to find a place when they got back from North Carolina, and she told him she was going to put the house on the market and takes the kids out of school to save money.

In a series of texts about a week before she would be murdered, Shanann laid out her thoughts on Watts’ posture toward the relationship.

“He’s obviously not in it. He’s not fighting. He’s not in love. He’s checked out.”

Last edited:
DEC 6, 2018
Chris Watts' In-Laws Didn't Want Him to Go on TV When Family Vanished — but They 'Thank God He Did'
At first, it was the exact opposite of what they wanted: On Aug. 14 Chris Watts went on the local news to talk about his wife, Shanann Watts, and their two young daughters — all of whom had vanished the day before from the family’s home in Frederick, Colorado.

Shanann’s mother, Sandra Rzucek, warned him against just such a public appearance.

In hindsight, however, she’s glad he didn’t take her advice.

“I said, ‘Chris, I don’t think you should do any media,’ ” Rzucek recalled in an interview with ABC News airing Friday night on 20/20. “I said, ‘You’re the last one to have seen them, so I don’t think you should.’ “

“I thank God he did it,” Rzucek told ABC News. “I thank God in heaven that he didn’t listen to me.”

DEC 7, 2018
'He didn't give a flying flip': Shanann Watts' mother speaks about how emotionless her daughter's husband was when she was first reported missing
In preview clips of their interview on ABC News' "20/20", Shanann's mother, Sandra Rzucek, said her daughter's husband did not appear worried when his wife and daughters were first reported missing.

"He didn't give a flying flip," Rzucek recalled.

When Sandra and her husband Frank saw the interview, they said Watts was acting out of character.

He was "definitely somebody else," Shanann's mother said. "It was frightening."

DEC 7, 2018
‘I don’t want to have this baby’: newly released texts reveal Shanann Watts’ anxiety over growing family
Prior to Watts’ confession to killing his wife, Kessinger expressed doubt regarding Watts’ honesty surrounding his family’s disappearance.

“I’m getting to the point with this situation where I am very concerned for his wife and children and this whole situation. I’m sure everybody else with this situation. And, um, after like finding out like, ‘Oh yeah, like, I’ve also got this child on the way with her and [he] just wasn’t very honest with me… I told him, ‘Please give me time to heal and please give me time to process this. And he’s like, ‘Are we done? Are we done?’ And I told them, I said, ‘No, we’re not.’

Yes we are, but he doesn’t need to know that. I just told him that because I was just, like, trying to find a way to, like, distance myself from him without alerting him that I’m really uncomfortable with everything that’s going on right now. Um, you know, I told him numerous times yesterday that I was scared, you know, I told him that I’m scared not because felt like for, like, my own safety, but I told him, like, I’m scared because I don’t know where she got scared because I’m scared for them. And then I told him, ‘You know, the fact that you weren’t honest with me, like, I don’t feel like I know you as long as I did.'”

DEC 7, 2018
https://nypost.com/2018/12/07/parents-of-colorado-mom-open-up-about-daughters-murder/
The Rzuceks called Shanann a “phenomenal” mother who would “do anything for her children” and battled lupus for a long time.

The family at first “loved” Chris, whom Shanann had met through Facebook, they said on the program.

“You just don’t sleep very good with lupus,” Sandra Rzcuek said. “She had her head on his lap, and they were watching TV. He didn’t move. He didn’t get up to go to the bathroom. He didn’t get a drink. He let her sleep for four hours. I told her, ‘God must’ve sent him to you.’”

It wasn’t until Shanann went with the girls to visit her family in North Carolina for six weeks — while Chris stayed behind — that any marriage problems started cropping up.

Once Shannan and the kids arrived home, Shanann’s friend Addy told “20/20” that Shannann had texted her to say that Chris “had changed” and told her he didn’t “want another baby.”

December 7, 2018
Investigators working on the disappearance of a pregnant Frederick woman and her two young daughters amassed a staggering amount of evidence – thousands of pages of documents, hundreds of hours of video footage, dozens of recorded interviews.

All of it was used to build a sweeping case against Chris Watts, the 33-year-old man who ultimately pled guilty to killing his wife and kids in a deal brokered by his attorneys to spare him the possibility of facing the death penalty.

Much of that evidence has been made public in three separate releases by Weld County District Attorney Michael Rourke – the last batch made available on Friday – and it lays out a compelling case against Chris Watts.

But even as much information as it provides, it does not answer the biggest question of all: Why did Watts decide to strangle Shanann Watts, his wife of six years, and smother the couple’s little girls, Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3?

Final release of evidence in Chris Watts case still doesn't answer

December 7, 2018
WattsRecords-CDP-121218-325x217.jpg

WELD COUNTY — 11:55 a.m. — Text messages between Christopher Watts and an Anadarko co-worker are part of the new data released by the Weld District Attorney's Office on Friday. The texts, previously detailed in written form, show Watts on the night of Aug. 12 was eager to go to the job site alone the next morning. He had good reason: He would later dump the bodies of his wife and kids he had killed at the site. In one text, Watts says "I can go out there though. No sense in both of us going out there lol." The next morning, according to photos of the texts, Watts checked in with his co-worker about 6:30 a.m.

"Where you at?" he asked.

Then: "Where you going first?"

His co-worker responded with a different location than where Watts had taken his family members' bodies. Watts' response? A thumbs up emoji.

New documents in Christopher Watts triple murder case released

December 7, 2018
WattsFilesHands-GDT-120818-300x225.jpg

Screen-Shot-2018-12-07-at-11.34.22-AM-300x203.png

11:30 a.m. — One video from inside the Weld County Jail shows investigators collecting DNA, as well as fingerprints and footprints, and taking pictures of Christopher Watts' hands. The video, from Oct. 4, came days after Weld District Court Judge Marcelo Kopcow ordered Watts to provide those things. The evidence the district attorney’s office requested included DNA swabs of Watts’ saliva, finger and palm prints, digital photographs of Watts’ right and left hands, a Polaroid photograph of the defendant, and the collection of inked footprints of Watts’ left and right feet.

New documents in Christopher Watts triple murder case released

DEC 7, 2018
Chris Watts' steamy love letters to his mistress sent just weeks before he killed his wife | Daily Mail Online
In the notes, Watts gushes about his 'unique and electric' love, and speaks of wanting to spend the rest of his life with Kessinger.

He also quotes lyrics from the songs 'Love You Like That' by Canaan Smith and 'Down to Earth' by Through the Roots ('When I'm around you I can feel peace in the atmosphere' and 'You bring me right back down to earth').

After his arrest, his affair with Kessinger was exposed as were his Tinder dates with women who have since described how he enjoyed choking them and rough sex.
7153300-6473029-image-m-8_1544218924082.jpg 7153304-6473029-image-a-9_1544218933639.jpg 2018.7.3.png 7153298-6473029-image-a-3_1544218743094.jpg

9News videos uploaded Dec 7, 2018

Video, photos show oil site where bodies of Chris Watts' wife and daughters were found

RAW: Chris Watts reacts to neighbor's surveillance footage

Shanann Watts surprises Chris Watts with pregnancy test

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member