Meet & Greet for New Members

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got so caught up in a couple of threads, I forgot to come in here and introduce myself.

I just wish the internet and WS had existed way back in the early 80s when my schizophrenic mom vanished for 18 months. We could probably have gotten her the help she needed decades sooner, and her entire life after 45 wouldn't have been a sad, ruinous mess.

I'm really glad you're here for today's families looking for missing mothers and daughters and fathers and sons. Sigh.

Hi everyone. I am a forensic anthropologist. Mostly I teach these days, but I still do consulting on the linguistic side. I used to work in research at a state hospital for the criminally insane so there’s that.

Hi everyone. I am a forensic anthropologist. Mostly I teach these days, but I still do consulting on the linguistic side. I used to work in research at a state hospital for the criminally insane so there’s that.
Welcome to Ws 100ofRods, your background is super interesting, will try and resist the temptation to pick your brain!

Hi everyone! I set up my account a while ago but was never active til now. I got reminded to visit by watching The Killing Season and WS was mentioned quite a bit in regards to the LISK case. I lurk a lot in the true crime communities on Reddit and stay in the know by watching YouTube true crime content creators.

My full time career is in IT, but I go to school for Anthropology. I was studying forensic anthro until I got pulled into epidemiology, the ancestral microbiome, and immunology. In particular, I'm focused on the rise of autoimmune diseases. What originally got me interested in true crime was the OJ trial when I was a kid, and the Oklahoma City bombing. Shortly after that, I learned about the Black Dahlia... and the rest is history.

Hello Everyone,

I set up an account a long long time ago, but I mostly lurked. I have forgotten my other account unfortunately, and now I decided to register again!

About me: I am a 39 year old female. I live in the south east of Ireland, with my 3 cats and a handful of my pet sheep lol!
I have been interested in true crimes, especially unsolved ones for a long time. I look forward to getting to know you all and taking part in the various threads.

Hello WS, I'm a research chemist in North Carolina. Sadly none of my experience is in law enforcement type forensics.

I have some questions about how to find a crime that may not have even been committed. If this crime was committed I would need to find the victims. I have specifics but would like to know which forum to start this topic in because I know meet and greet isn't the right place. Thanks! Looking forward to picking your brains.

Hello WS, I'm a research chemist in North Carolina. Sadly none of my experience is in law enforcement type forensics.

I have some questions about how to find a crime that may not have even been committed. If this crime was committed I would need to find the victims. I have specifics but would like to know which forum to start this topic in because I know meet and greet isn't the right place. Thanks! Looking forward to picking your brains.
Welcome to Ws LucyLee, there are a huge number of cases listed, from missing persons to unidentified remains, some of whom are victims of crime.
There are cold cases and ones that have been in the news in recent years, tons of them, if you mention a name or place or any other tidbit it might help to find what you are looking for!
In the meantime, you may like to check out these Ws threads..
Crimes in the News

Cold Cases

Hi there everyone! New member here. I live in South Florida and come from a long line of LEO's (Law Enforcement Officers) in various departments across the country (and abroad). Great-grandfather was MP, Grandfather was in the K-9 unit, Father was with Mounted PD and brother was in S.W.A.T., Narcotics, and SVU. I, myself, came very close to continuing in the "family business" but that plan didn't pan out for me. However, in the process of preparing for the police academy, I completed extensive Facial Action Coding System/Micro Expression trainings and have started the process of getting my P.I. license. I am currently in Long Island for a work project for the next couple of months so, of course, I'm obsessing over LISK. I'm excited to dive into the WS world.

Hi,

My name is Simona and I'm an Italian living in Canberra, Australia. I only found out about WS a couple of days ago.

I have been interested in true crime for a while and I find unsolved mysteries especially fascinating.

I've just joined today and wanted to say hello to everyone!

I'm Laura, 31 from York, North Yorkshire, England and I'm a support worker for people with learning difficulties and disabilities.

I am particularly interested in the Skylar Neese murder, Steven Avery, JonBenet Ramsey and Madeleine McCann if anyone would like to discuss these with me or share info and theories.

Hope you all have a nice day!

I've just joined today and wanted to say hello to everyone!

I'm Laura, 31 from York, North Yorkshire, England and I'm a support worker for people with learning difficulties and disabilities.

I am particularly interested in the Skylar Neese murder, Steven Avery, JonBenet Ramsey and Madeleine McCann if anyone would like to discuss these with me or share info and theories.

Hope you all have a nice day!

Hi! I am so sorry to reply to your thread, I cant figure out how to make my own individual post to introduce myself :eek: I am obviously new to WS. Love this page though! I am 34 and like reading about and learning about crimes, and serial killers and trying to help solve them. I look forward to becoming more involved with this site.

Hi! I am so sorry to reply to your thread, I cant figure out how to make my own individual post to introduce myself :eek: I am obviously new to WS. Love this page though! I am 34 and like reading about and learning about crimes, and serial killers and trying to help solve them. I look forward to becoming more involved with this site.

Hi Alicia,

If you scroll to the bottom of a thread, you will see a white box. That's where you can type your post and then click on "post reply" when you're done to send it as an individual post and not a quote.
Welcome! :)

Hi all, I've been a lurker for a long time now and finally decided to take the plunge and create an account. I'm very interested in true crime and really love this website, even if the crimes talked about here are so so sad.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Somewhere, I thought I saw a page with the acronyms used here (like MOO, which I think means my opinion only, but I'm not sure). Anyone know?

Thank you, dotr. That was really fast! Much appreciated.

Hey, just joined after seeing this video

I named myself after the two cases I am most interested in, and frustrated by, in my home country, which are the Doe case of Fred the Head fairly near to my hometown Why Fred the Head remains a crime unsolved after 50 years Unfortunately there is not much information on this case online however there is a book that I've read a couple times which has an abundance of information.

The other case is of Damien Nettles in Isle of Wight. Still never found. Again the whole thing frustrates me due to how much is wrong with the case in terms of how it's been handled from the beginning.. and how it doesn't make much sense.

Hey, just joined after seeing this video

I named myself after the two cases I am most interested in, and frustrated by, in my home country, which are the Doe case of Fred the Head fairly near to my hometown Why Fred the Head remains a crime unsolved after 50 years Unfortunately there is not much information on this case online however there is a book that I've read a couple times which has an abundance of information.

The other case is of Damien Nettles in Isle of Wight. Still never found. Again the whole thing frustrates me due to how much is wrong with the case in terms of how it's been handled from the beginning.. and how it doesn't make much sense.
Welcome to Ws FredtheNettles, those cases interest me as well, here are the Ws threads for them!
UK - UK - Damien Nettles, 16, Isle of Wight England, 2 Nov 1996
UK - UK - Staffordshire, White Male, 23-39, torticollis (wry neck), buried on his knees, 27 Mar 1971

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member