Meet & Greet for New Members

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I'm a 25F living in central TX. I'm a PhD student in sociology, but living in the midst of a pandemic seemed like a good time to get a hobby. Naturally, this is what I chose. :) I started looking around for places to read about cold cases after I finished Michelle McNamara's book, I'll Be Gone in the Dark. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Hi all. I'm a 25F living in central TX. I'm a PhD student in sociology, but living in the midst of a pandemic seemed like a good time to get a hobby. Naturally, this is what I chose. :) I started looking around for places to read about cold cases after I finished Michelle McNamara's book, I'll Be Gone in the Dark. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Welcome! If you know of any cases you’re particularly interested in we can provide a link to the thread or start a new one if need be. There are SO many cold cases that receive little attention so your interest is definitely appreciated!

Welcome! If you know of any cases you’re particularly interested in we can provide a link to the thread or start a new one if need be. There are SO many cold cases that receive little attention so your interest is definitely appreciated!

Thank you!! I'm looking through the threads now. I grew up in the Chicago suburbs in the '90s and 00s, so if there are any cases in that area that you can think of, please pass them along!

Actually, are there any threads about Fox Lake, IL -- Brent Westermann, 29, June 1983?

Hello all and nice to meet you -
Recently picked up the hobby of websleuthing; particularly interested in identifying UIDs. Have a background in psychology (2 degrees and some general profiling experience under my belt). Mental health expertise and graphology are my fortes. Other fields of research include entomology, linguistics, and occult studies. Excited to jump in!

Hello all and nice to meet you -
Recently picked up the hobby of websleuthing; particularly interested in identifying UIDs. Have a background in psychology (2 degrees and some general profiling experience under my belt). Mental health expertise and graphology are my fortes. Other fields of research include entomology, linguistics, and occult studies. Excited to jump in!
Welcome to Ws liminalsp8ce!

Hello, I’m in SC and found this site thru a search of a local case. I think it’s a great service that everyone here does and I’m glad I joined.

Hello, I’m in SC and found this site thru a search of a local case. I think it’s a great service that everyone here does and I’m glad I joined.
Welcome to Ws worm, dig right in!

Hello all! I'm fairly new to Websleuths - I first heard of this site through A&E's The Killing Season a few years back; I finally joined the site a few months ago, and am now finally hoping to get more involved.

I'm from Cleveland, OH and am particularly interested in local cases, but of course I'm interested in all kinds of true crime. I've recently become particularly interested in the murder of Sister Cathy Cesnik in 1969 and the abuse at Keough, the case of Madeline McCann, and I've long been interested in LISK and the Zodiac. Outside of my interest in true crime, I'm a history student at my university, and am a total video game and film nerd. Thanks for having me!

Last edited:
Hello all! I'm fairly new to Websleuths - I first heard of this site through A&E's The Killing Season a few years back; I finally joined the site a few months ago, and am now finally hoping to get more involved.

I'm from Cleveland, OH and am particularly interested in local cases, but of course I'm interested in all kinds of true crime. I've recently become particularly interested in the murder of Sister Cathy Cesnik in 1969 and the abuse at Keough, the case of Madeline McCann, and I've long been interested in LISK and the Zodiac. Outside of my interest in true crime, I'm a history student at my university, and am a total video game and film nerd. Thanks for having me!
Welcome to Ws groovymod!
MD - MD - Sr. Catherine Cesnik, 26, Baltimore, 7 Nov 1969 "The Keepers"

The Zodiac Killer

Hello everyone! I'm brand new here! I'm a 36 yo woman for north Texas who has always been interested in this murder and true crime. The story that got me interested in all of this was Amber Hagerman. We lived in the same neighborhood but didn't know each other. After her murder my family moved out of town and it's always stuck with me. Hopefully I can help someone in any way!

Hello everyone! I'm brand new here! I'm a 36 yo woman for north Texas who has always been interested in this murder and true crime. The story that got me interested in all of this was Amber Hagerman. We lived in the same neighborhood but didn't know each other. After her murder my family moved out of town and it's always stuck with me. Hopefully I can help someone in any way!
Welcome to Ws batmanchick!
Ws thread..
TX - TX - Amber Hagerman, 9, Arlington, 17 Jan 1996

Hello there! I'm Marta from Poland, I'm 22 and I've been interested in true crime since I was a kid. As for now, I like reading about unidentified individuals.
I doubt I'm going to be any help, as I'm from Europe and most of the cases are from US, but I'll gladly join any discussion. Also - sorry for my botched English.

Hello there! I'm Marta from Poland, I'm 22 and I've been interested in true crime since I was a kid. As for now, I like reading about unidentified individuals.
I doubt I'm going to be any help, as I'm from Europe and most of the cases are from US, but I'll gladly join any discussion. Also - sorry for my botched English.
Welcome to Ws pucibobo!
We have members (and cases) here from all over the world which can be very helpful indeed, besides, your English is good!
If you are interested, Poland or Polish people are referenced in these UID (unidentified) threads...
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/search/82366748/?q=poland&o=date&c[node]=130

Hi and welcome Pucibobo, are you familiar with the Libby Squire case in Hull, UK? The arrested man is Polish and the trial should be starting once lockdown is over. Mind if we call on you for any translating or background info?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member