Meet & Greet for New Members

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, I am the lonewanderer (which I briefly considered using loanwanderer if the username was taken).

Anyhow, over the last year or so, I have really started taking an interest in true crime, mysteries, and seeking answers to unknown things.

Cases that really intrigue me include (but are not limited to) Ricky McCormick, Mostly Harmless/Denim/Ben Bilemy, Missy Bevers, and many more.

I am unsure about a few things within these forums. For instance, I have seen some information on Reddit that may or may not be useful, but as a long time lurker I have seen Reddit shunned on Webslueths. I have read over the rules and many other areas, but I cannot see if it is allowed, unallowed, or allowed on case-by-case basis. In short, please advise me on the usage of Reddit.

Thanks,
Lonewanderer

Hello all, I am the lonewanderer (which I briefly considered using loanwanderer if the username was taken).

Anyhow, over the last year or so, I have really started taking an interest in true crime, mysteries, and seeking answers to unknown things.

Cases that really intrigue me include (but are not limited to) Ricky McCormick, Mostly Harmless/Denim/Ben Bilemy, Missy Bevers, and many more.

I am unsure about a few things within these forums. For instance, I have seen some information on Reddit that may or may not be useful, but as a long time lurker I have seen Reddit shunned on Webslueths. I have read over the rules and many other areas, but I cannot see if it is allowed, unallowed, or allowed on case-by-case basis. In short, please advise me on the usage of Reddit.

Thanks,
Lonewanderer
Welcome to Ws lonewanderer!
Maybe someone else might chime in on the r question, but generally it is avoided, imo.
Ws thread..
MO - MO - Ricky McCormick, 41, St Louis, 30 June 1999

Welcome to Ws lonewanderer!
Maybe someone else might chime in on the r question, but generally it is avoided, imo.
Ws thread..
MO - MO - Ricky McCormick, 41, St Louis, 30 June 1999

Dotr, thank you! I have lurked for a good 6 months or so, and finally took the plunge.

For the "r" word, it relates to the Mostly Harmless/Denim/Ben Bilemy case. In it, I noticed that in two entirely different forums, and two different posters, both claimed that the deceased man was a firefighter for the Baton Rogue FD. One of them said a name without a last name, and the other said a first and last name (though the first names are not the same). Both stories say the man stepped down from being a firefighter roughly 8 years ago (I have verified the name with first and last as a firefighter for that parish who was not on the payroll anymore as of 2013). Either ways, I thought it was an interesting lead, but I certainly understand if Reddit is frowned upon here.

Dotr, thank you! I have lurked for a good 6 months or so, and finally took the plunge.

For the "r" word, it relates to the Mostly Harmless/Denim/Ben Bilemy case. In it, I noticed that in two entirely different forums, and two different posters, both claimed that the deceased man was a firefighter for the Baton Rogue FD. One of them said a name without a last name, and the other said a first and last name (though the first names are not the same). Both stories say the man stepped down from being a firefighter roughly 8 years ago (I have verified the name with first and last as a firefighter for that parish who was not on the payroll anymore as of 2013). Either ways, I thought it was an interesting lead, but I certainly understand if Reddit is frowned upon here.
Looks like the thread here has been pretty busy..
FL - FL - Big Cypress National Preserve, Male hiker, "Denim" and "Mostly Harmless", 23 July 2018 #3

Hello all,

I've been posting for a few weeks and didn't realize there was a welcome wagon thread! I, too, discovered Websleuths after watching The Killing Season recently. I had already encountered the Reddit threads and a few true crime websites as a result of reading I'll Be Gone in the Dark, but it wasn't until I discovered Websleuths that I realized this is the place for me. The intellectual and research-focused discussion is exactly what I have been looking for. I've been interested in true crime since I was a young teen. I don't think anything really sparked it other than I enjoyed mystery/thriller films and came to learn more about serial killers because of The Silence of the Lambs. I think after reading more about the types of "famous" figures I became more intrigued by humanity's ability to be total animals to each other. Initially Son of Sam, Bundy, and Zodiac were the ones I read about the most. Zodiac really sucked me in with the obsession since it's unsolved, and the film remains one of the best of the genre. My Favorite Murder was also a window unto a new world. Murder is definitely an epidemic in the United States and I firmly believe it's overlooked as a public health issue and a socioeconomic issue.

Over time I've been adjacent to some true crime events in the areas where I lived and it's definitely motivated me to take a more active approach to reading news about my area. In one instance I knew someone whose mother was killed by his father; there had been evidence with the person I knew that something wasn't right with him for a while but nobody could be sure it was a home life situation or something else. After the fact, it felt like we had all missed something and should have done more, but it wasn't clear what could have been done to solve that situation. Then, two years later, I was living in Chicago during the "Duck Walk Killer" shootings, which were a dozen blocks north of where I lived.

As a result of those experiences and other aspects of my personal life I am actually pursuing the possibility of law school and studying for the LSAT at this time. It has been eye-opening to see the threads here dedicated to missing persons and unidentified persons and I hope my research skills will be valuable to those looking for assistance with investigations.

Hey all! I'm from the Emerald Triangle - I found this place through a mention in one of our local facebook crime watch groups. I've always loved true crime and old school web forums, so I figured I'd sign up. I see we have a whole section dedicated to our little corner of the world, so I don't need to explain what got me interested in the subject! A lot goes on and not all that many folks live here, so everybody either knows somebody or knows somebody who knows somebody connected with missing and murdered cases in some way. The ongoing case of greatest personal interest to me is that of Karen Mitchell, who disappeared in '97.

Anyway thanks for having me, I'll keep my eyes and ears open and post if I feel like I have something to contribute. Stay safe out there.

Hey all! I'm from the Emerald Triangle - I found this place through a mention in one of our local facebook crime watch groups. I've always loved true crime and old school web forums, so I figured I'd sign up. I see we have a whole section dedicated to our little corner of the world, so I don't need to explain what got me interested in the subject! A lot goes on and not all that many folks live here, so everybody either knows somebody or knows somebody who knows somebody connected with missing and murdered cases in some way. The ongoing case of greatest personal interest to me is that of Karen Mitchell, who disappeared in '97.

Anyway thanks for having me, I'll keep my eyes and ears open and post if I feel like I have something to contribute. Stay safe out there.
Welcome to Ws pandy fackler!
Ws thread..
Ca - Karen Marie Mitchell, 16, Eureka, 25 Nov 1997

hello guys!
i go by gae or jinenji online. i’ve been an avid true crime viewer of youtube videos for some years now so i’ve heard about websleuths for a while and been a casual lurker for a few months.
i am particularly passionate about missing persons cases. i’m mainly hoping to revive inactive posts in order to spark new interest. thanks for keeping memories alive, guys!

hello guys!
i go by gae or jinenji online. i’ve been an avid true crime viewer of youtube videos for some years now so i’ve heard about websleuths for a while and been a casual lurker for a few months.
i am particularly passionate about missing persons cases. i’m mainly hoping to revive inactive posts in order to spark new interest. thanks for keeping memories alive, guys!
Welcome to Ws jinenji!

Hello Everyone! Amberzz here, writing live from Italy.
I got hooked on true crime in the past couple of years, thanks to some podcast suggestions (in one of them I heard about Tricia Griffith and this forum). Since then I just fell into the rabbit hole... I am reading books, watching trials on youtube, talking incessantly to anyone who will listen, even if most of the time I just scare people with my newfound obsession.
Right now I am deep into the Jodi Arias trial. I knew a bit about her story, and then I stumbled upon the videos of the trial and I have been hooked for a while. Helps pass time during quarantine for sure!
I am usually more of a lurker on forums, but this seems like a great place to have interesting discussions and be informed on this topic.
Thank you for having me, now I am off to explore!

I got hooked on true crime in the past couple of years, thanks to some podcast suggestions (in one of them I heard about Tricia Griffith and this forum). Since then I just fell into the rabbit hole... I am reading books, watching trials on youtube, talking incessantly to anyone who will listen, even if most of the time I just scare people with my newfound obsession.
Right now I am deep into the Jodi Arias trial. I knew a bit about her story, and then I stumbled upon the videos of the trial and I have been hooked for a while. Helps pass time during quarantine for sure!
I am usually more of a lurker on forums, but this seems like a great place to have interesting discussions and be informed on this topic.

You are going to love it here ❤️

Welcome! I feel the same way! I think coronavirus has sent me down more of an Internet rabbit hole than ever before! Definitely glad for the like-minded discussions around here.

Welcome @Karte and @HannahHistory! So happy you both have decided to take the leap and join. You’ll find a very diverse set of nationalities, backgrounds, and interests but across the board members are top notch, passionate and caring individuals. If you ever have any questions or concerns please either use the “Report” feature or the private message system to get in touch with a staff member. Hope to see you both around the forum.

Hello, my name is Jayce, and I am from Southern California. I look forward to contributing and hopefully solving some crimes. Are there any active missing persons, crime, or cold case threads related to Southern California that you all would recommend me to join/look into?

Thanks

Hello, my name is Jayce, and I am from Southern California. I look forward to contributing and hopefully solving some crimes. Are there any active missing persons, crime, or cold case threads related to Southern California that you all would recommend me to join/look into?

Thanks
Welcome to Ws jinyoung, step right in the water is fine!

Ws cold case threads..
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/search/83009301/?q=california&o=date&c[node]=37

Missing persons.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/search/83009339/?q=california&o=date&c[node]=60

Crimes in the news.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/search/83009382/?q=california&o=date&c[node]=7

Hello! I've been highly encouraged by several people to join this forum/group. So, here I am! I hope to get everything together to make a first case post soon. Anyway, I'm a housewife but I like to do YT (when I can) I'm currently adoption twins and they keep me reallyyyyy busy. I enjoy video games and researching stuff. Currently, training for armored combat sports.

Hello! I've been highly encouraged by several people to join this forum/group. So, here I am! I hope to get everything together to make a first case post soon. Anyway, I'm a housewife but I like to do YT (when I can) I'm currently adoption twins and they keep me reallyyyyy busy. I enjoy video games and researching stuff. Currently, training for armored combat sports.

Welcome, so glad you decided to take the plunge and join here!! I can only imagine how busy twins must keep you.

Since you mentioned YT, just wanted to let you know that (almost) everyday Websleuths has a 2 PM EST and 10 PM EST podcast on YouTube that also includes a live chat where we have special guests and discuss cases from the forum. If that’s something you’d be interested in we’d love to have you join!

ETA: Tricia is taking the day off, so no podcast/chat tonight but likely tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member