Meet & Greet for New Members

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Everyone! I'm new here and jumping in to introduce myself. I'm an educator living in the Los Angeles area and have had an interest in true crime since the first time I saw America's Most Wanted in the late 80s (I was eight :eek:) A few friends who know my obsession well, told me I should join this site but I was always too busy with work to do a deep dive. Now that I'm in work from home mode, I've got plenty of time to peruse forums and sleuth. Grateful to meet some more of "my people" and for any advise from those who have been on here for a while (or maybe longer.) My other interests include hiking, biking, researching random subjects, reading and writing (anything but mostly poetry and creative non-fiction.)
Welcome to Ws AntBird, you will feel right at home here!

Hi all!
I’m not exactly new to websleuths, but I have never been an active member. Recently my health has deteriorated due to chronic illnesses, so I can’t work anymore. I thought that spending time on Websleuths, researching cases, is a good way to spend some of my time.
I am from Scotland. I wanted to work in forensics or the police (detective), but sadly due to my health I cannot do that, so this is the next best thing!

I’m particularly interested in John and Jane Doe cases, but I’m happy researching anything. Other things I enjoy are: cats, reading, and metal detecting (can’t do that often but when my health allows, it’s amazing).

I am looking forward to being an active member.

Hi all!
I’m not exactly new to websleuths, but I have never been an active member. Recently my health has deteriorated due to chronic illnesses, so I can’t work anymore. I thought that spending time on Websleuths, researching cases, is a good way to spend some of my time.
I am from Scotland. I wanted to work in forensics or the police (detective), but sadly due to my health I cannot do that, so this is the next best thing!

I’m particularly interested in John and Jane Doe cases, but I’m happy researching anything. Other things I enjoy are: cats, reading, and metal detecting (can’t do that often but when my health allows, it’s amazing).

I am looking forward to being an active member.
Welcome to Ws teaandtoast, there are so many John and Jane Does, every bit of help is great!

My name is Tonya, and I’ve just joined today in my Grandmother’s honor, Carrie. One of my favorite hobbies is research. After watching “I’ll be gone in the dark” on HBO I decided this is a community I want to be a part of where I can provide a meaningful contribution. I look forward to learning more about the process and getting started.

Have a wonderful day!

Hi I just joined last night but was too sleepy to have a good first snoop. I’m 30ish from Scotland and work in art conservation and historical properties. Obsessed with grim history and haunted places, though I am a total sceptic.
I love true crime and unsolved cases. Jack the Ripper would be my all time favourite mystery, just read Hallie Ruebenhold’s The Five which I highly recommend! :)

Hi I just joined last night but was too sleepy to have a good first snoop. I’m 30ish from Scotland and work in art conservation and historical properties. Obsessed with grim history and haunted places, though I am a total sceptic.
I love true crime and unsolved cases. Jack the Ripper would be my all time favourite mystery, just read Hallie Ruebenhold’s The Five which I highly recommend! :)
Welcome to Ws Capricanoir, you will feel right at home here!

Hi-
We we told she was walking home from a party and was murdered and dumped at a park. This is the info my family members who were friends with her told us growing up.

This whole time we had thought she was murdered by Dwain Lee Little (rapist & murderer and suspected serial killer- suspected of murdering the Cowden family). He was unfortunately known by our family too and was in the area giving karate lessons.
However, yesterday I checked her date of death 12/1980 against his final arrest for attempted murder and rape of another woman 11/1980. He doesn’t have her murder on his arrest record.

Unless her date of death was the date her body was found? This killer wouldn’t fit.

I can’t find an article on her going missing or a family member. No obituary.

Her name was Kim Pratt 1965-1980 Oregon

Thanks

Just a thought if you’re still around @BlueRoseBlackLodge...the date of death for Kim Pratt in 12/1980 was when her skeletal remains were found. It’s sort of customary to list the discovery of remains as the date of death when the exact date isn’t known. But if her remains were skeletal, that means she had been murdered much earlier, well before Dwain Lee Little’s final arrest in 11/1980. So he’s still a viable suspect for Kim’s murder IMO. I’m not sure he’s still alive serving his life sentence, so it’s probably a moot point anyway. I doubt he’s confessed to anything.

Kimberly Pratt 1980 - Newspapers.com

I joined here back in January in search of a case. Most evenings I listen to Websleuths on YouTube, live, which is just great.
Just wanted to say hello and that I will be adding 2 cold cases to the threads once I been around a bit longer posting.
One of the people, I knew. And the other is one both my mom and I never could forget.
-Diana

I joined here back in January in search of a case. Most evenings I listen to Websleuths on YouTube, live, which is just great.
Just wanted to say hello and that I will be adding 2 cold cases to the threads once I been around a bit longer posting.
One of the people, I knew. And the other is one both my mom and I never could forget.
-Diana
Welcome to Ws Nanapip!
If you want to share news links for the cold case you have in mind, a thread could be started for you now, if you like.

-Diana

Welcome, I’m new here to and I’ve got 1 cold case thread and one crimes thread. I detest violence and think people who do harm to others should be caught and dealt with in the Justice system.

Hi! Joined recently after being a long time lurker. Love true crime and mostly keep up through podcasts and books. I also like finding local cases on here I have trouble finding info about on my own. Some of my favorite podcasts are Generation Why, Crimelines, The Vanished, and Casefile.

Hi! Joined recently after being a long time lurker. Love true crime and mostly keep up through podcasts and books. I also like finding local cases on here I have trouble finding info about on my own. Some of my favorite podcasts are Generation Why, Crimelines, The Vanished, and Casefile.

Welcome to WS, local cases to the southeast are my interest as well.

Hi I am new to the site, well just new in must senses I guess.
I have been really interested in True crime for years. I really enjoying watching True crime shows/documentaries were they explain how they have caught people, what the evidence shows and what the person may have been thinking at the time of the crime.
I have been very interested in the ONS and EAR cases over the years and thought it was amazing how they managed to catch him in the end so he can face what he has done, and I am so pleased the victims are getting the chance to get justice.

I am really wanting to get involved and see if I can help someone else to get the justice they deserve. I wanted to ask if anyone maybe able to take me under their wing in a way, and would help me to learn what I can do to help people who need answers.
I am not going to lie, I have never done this before, but I really do have a passion for True crime and I have the time as I am a homemaker who's partner works, so I can spend my days/nights helping if I can.

Hi I am new to the site, well just new in must senses I guess.
I have been really interested in True crime for years. I really enjoying watching True crime shows/documentaries were they explain how they have caught people, what the evidence shows and what the person may have been thinking at the time of the crime.
I have been very interested in the ONS and EAR cases over the years and thought it was amazing how they managed to catch him in the end so he can face what he has done, and I am so pleased the victims are getting the chance to get justice.

I am really wanting to get involved and see if I can help someone else to get the justice they deserve. I wanted to ask if anyone maybe able to take me under their wing in a way, and would help me to learn what I can do to help people who need answers.
I am not going to lie, I have never done this before, but I really do have a passion for True crime and I have the time as I am a homemaker who's partner works, so I can spend my days/nights helping if I can.
Welcome to Ws headwitchuk, you will feel right at home here!

Welcome aboard, dig into the Cold Cases section as those cases are always in need of attention. I look forward to seeing you around.

i am interested in the Josephine Backshall case
her body was sadly found face down in a pond in 1974, near bishop's stortford, uk which is actually where i live, so going to start with that one i think.
just not seeing much on her about the case

i am interested in the Josephine Backshall case
her body was sadly found face down in a pond in 1974, near bishop's stortford, uk which is actually where i live, so going to start with that one i think.
just not seeing much on her about the case
Had been checking out links for this case and was about to start a thread for you, but see now that you have already got one started, will add to your thread and also will add thread to the UK cases forum!
Ws thread to post UK cases.
United Kingdom Crime Cases - Links to cases on Websleuths *No Discussion* #2

Cold case Josephine Backshall

Last edited:
I just joined. I'm in Minnesota. Was watching the Joe Exotic program. I have recently been involved with a federal case trying to support a friend. I have a lot of questions and hope to find the appropriate forum to talk with others. I have an interest in true crime. Would love to get involved. Has anyone heard of Bailey Sarian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaniMom