Votes: 58 29.4%
  • No, his behavior turns me off too much

Votes: 117 59.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 22 11.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think she looked much better before the plastic surgery.
But that's neither here nor there. By the way, I don't think there are many women out there, who would rather look frumpy than attractive and younger than their biological age.

I'm sure by Hollywood standards, I would be considered frumpy, or even ugly. I'm just not naturally traffic-stopping beauty. I clean up well and when I am dressed up, feel like a million bucks. Even so, Mel Gibson would never look twice at me even though I'm the same age as Oksana. It's silly compare the stunningly beautiful Oksana, even though she's 40!!!!!! to just an average non-famous person. And I'd rather look frumpy than like a plastic freak (not saying that towards Oksana) but I guess I'm in the minortiy on that. These famous people don't know when to stop with the plastic surgeries and botox and all that. They end up looking foolish and a laughingstock. JMO

Jacobi,

I am still reading all the posts in this thread so everyone forgive me if I say something off because I haven't read everything yet. I have always admired Webslueths and enjoy reading. I usually don't post, but I wanted to respond to this post. I "feel sorry for Mel" in SOME ways. The tirade seems to be a drunken angry venting of emotions that go WAY back further than this woman has been alive! While I wouldn't want to be on the other end of the conversation by any means, MOO is that she is "setting him up".

As you say, he does say that he has no friends. I think most of his "friends" were probably connected to his wife and left his side when he left hers. I think any friends they had probably did not like him leaving his wife for Oksana. I am a female, who was in a mentally/emotionally abusive first marriage and am by NO MEANS taking up for Mel's behavior, nor do I have a clue if he is as bad as he sounds on that call.

Oksana is far from "scared" sounding on her end and she is very controlled and clipped. She appears to know exactly what buttons to push, "you need help" "you need medication", etc...to start him on another tirade. I began to wonder when she suddenly has a dentist who just HAPPENED to take pictures of her veneers/or was it her actual teeth (2 stories going around) NOT because he would turn them over to police (which the law requires him to do) but to use as "models" to make new ones. I am not saying this could not possibly be true but it is a little too convenient.

Another thing that bothers me about the call is that when he is going on about her fake breasts and how she dresses and makes the racist comment, he says IF that happens, then you DESERVE it. Later in the conversation where she is questioning how a man could hit a woman holding a baby and break her teeth when he says "you deserved it", it sounds VERY much like the previous topic, making me wonder how edited the tapes might actually be.

I'm not saying Mel is not responsible for this and that it is her fault. However, I think it will take proof that the tape is actual and unedited before I believe that she did not set him up, not because she was scared or that no one would believe her, but for her own personal reasons, whatever they are.

I also know that I have said things to loved ones during my life that were "threatening" in nature...."if you do that again I'm going to shoot you" "if you don't quit you might not live to see [insert next age of child]". Luckily all my conversations were not taped. That being said, he still has no right to talk to her like that, but likewise she could have hung up, unplugged the phone, called a taxi and went somewhere else till he was sober, etc. I sure wouldn't have stayed on the phone and egged my former husband on for that long!

I also think that he has dramatically changed in the past decade, but on the interview someone posted Diane Sawyer asks him if he was angry and he made some remark that he had been angry for a LONG time. I forget the actual time reference he used but it was long before even the DUI arrest.

I just wanted to say Welcome to Websleuths. You are very brave posting in this thread considering it's your first time!

Thank you for the welcome Roze. It is a very controversial subject and being a "newbie" I really don't want to come off offensive to those who have posted here for years. I have actually been a member for some time although I haven't posted. I found this site back in the Laci Peterson days and have kept up with many cases since then.

Mel Gibson may be every bit the low life that people are calling him, but everything just seems a little too convenient for me to condemn him with the "proof" that has been offered thus far. She really sets off my hinky meter. It is obvious that Mel needs professional help.

For those of you who might think I am young and inexperienced, I am the mother of seven and grandmother of six and I would gladly kill anyone who hurt one of them. I have an abundance of life experience and actually worked in a juvenile correction center for 12 years. I have seen or heard most everything between my job there and raising kids who have had all kinds of issues.

Thank you again for your welcome and I hope I haven't offended anyone personally. You may object to my opinion in this case, but I am sure there are many more that we would totally agree on.

Thank you for the welcome Roze. It is a very controversial subject and being a "newbie" I really don't want to come off offensive to those who have posted here for years. I have actually been a member for some time although I haven't posted. I found this site back in the Laci Peterson days and have kept up with many cases since then.

Mel Gibson may be every bit the low life that people are calling him, but everything just seems a little too convenient for me to condemn him with the "proof" that has been offered thus far. She really sets off my hinky meter. It is obvious that Mel needs professional help.

For those of you who might think I am young and inexperienced, I am the mother of seven and grandmother of six and I would gladly kill anyone who hurt one of them. I have an abundance of life experience and actually worked in a juvenile correction center for 12 years. I have seen or heard most everything between my job there and raising kids who have had all kinds of issues.

Thank you again for your welcome and I hope I haven't offended anyone personally. You may object to my opinion in this case, but I am sure there are many more that we would totally agree on.

Welcome to Websleuths! Personally, I actually prefer sharing opinions with respectful posters that do NOT share my point of view:) I love the exchange of ideas here and I've found it the most civilized place on the internet for doing so:dance:

Welcome to Websleuths! Personally, I actually prefer sharing opinions with respectful posters that do NOT share my point of view:) I love the exchange of ideas here and I've found it the most civilized place on the internet for doing so:dance:

Thank you Linda! I agree...this is a great forum!

Geeez ...........I wonder what tomorrow's tape will reveal?

Geeez ...........I wonder what tomorrow's tape will reveal?

I wonder who actually did release the tapes. She denies she did it.
And apparently radar online says they did not get the tapes from her.

Technically that may be true; but here's how those deals go down: She leaves the digital media where someone else can get it; then that someone brokers the deal to be anonymous and viola. Her hands are technically clean; she was just "careless" with the material. She ends up looking good on the face of it because she can say " I did not give them the recordings" and they can say, "we didn't get them from her" but it was planned and the end justified the means.

Jacobi,

I am still reading all the posts in this thread so everyone forgive me if I say something off because I haven't read everything yet. I have always admired Webslueths and enjoy reading. I usually don't post, but I wanted to respond to this post. I "feel sorry for Mel" in SOME ways. The tirade seems to be a drunken angry venting of emotions that go WAY back further than this woman has been alive! While I wouldn't want to be on the other end of the conversation by any means, MOO is that she is "setting him up".

As you say, he does say that he has no friends. I think most of his "friends" were probably connected to his wife and left his side when he left hers. I think any friends they had probably did not like him leaving his wife for Oksana. I am a female, who was in a mentally/emotionally abusive first marriage and am by NO MEANS taking up for Mel's behavior, nor do I have a clue if he is as bad as he sounds on that call.

Oksana is far from "scared" sounding on her end and she is very controlled and clipped. She appears to know exactly what buttons to push, "you need help" "you need medication", etc...to start him on another tirade. I began to wonder when she suddenly has a dentist who just HAPPENED to take pictures of her veneers/or was it her actual teeth (2 stories going around) NOT because he would turn them over to police (which the law requires him to do) but to use as "models" to make new ones. I am not saying this could not possibly be true but it is a little too convenient.

Another thing that bothers me about the call is that when he is going on about her fake breasts and how she dresses and makes the racist comment, he says IF that happens, then you DESERVE it. Later in the conversation where she is questioning how a man could hit a woman holding a baby and break her teeth when he says "you deserved it", it sounds VERY much like the previous topic, making me wonder how edited the tapes might actually be.

I'm not saying Mel is not responsible for this and that it is her fault. However, I think it will take proof that the tape is actual and unedited before I believe that she did not set him up, not because she was scared or that no one would believe her, but for her own personal reasons, whatever they are.

I also know that I have said things to loved ones during my life that were "threatening" in nature...."if you do that again I'm going to shoot you" "if you don't quit you might not live to see [insert next age of child]". Luckily all my conversations were not taped. That being said, he still has no right to talk to her like that, but likewise she could have hung up, unplugged the phone, called a taxi and went somewhere else till he was sober, etc. I sure wouldn't have stayed on the phone and egged my former husband on for that long!

I also think that he has dramatically changed in the past decade, but on the interview someone posted Diane Sawyer asks him if he was angry and he made some remark that he had been angry for a LONG time. I forget the actual time reference he used but it was long before even the DUI arrest.

EclecticRealist,

Welcome to Websleuths. I feel funny saying that because I personally don't really feel like a member (I lurk far more than I post ever since the brouhaha of several years back.)

I'm a bit of a reluctant contrarian in high-profile cases so I felt a little apprehensive when I saw you were responding to my post. I thought I was going to get some stick given the length of your post. I'm relieved you share many of the same thoughts I do. The idea that Oksana has ulterior motives is enough to plant the seeds of doubt in my mind. That alone makes me call into question everything we hear and learn (i.e. are the tapes edited, who leaked the tapes, ...)

I look forward to reading more of your posts.

I'm sure by Hollywood standards, I would be considered frumpy, or even ugly. I'm just not naturally traffic-stopping beauty. I clean up well and when I am dressed up, feel like a million bucks. Even so, Mel Gibson would never look twice at me even though I'm the same age as Oksana. It's silly compare the stunningly beautiful Oksana, even though she's 40!!!!!! to just an average non-famous person. And I'd rather look frumpy than like a plastic freak (not saying that towards Oksana) but I guess I'm in the minortiy on that. These famous people don't know when to stop with the plastic surgeries and botox and all that. They end up looking foolish and a laughingstock. JMO

I personally think she overdid the "improvements." Very hard for me to understand as to why people who were naturally blessed with good looks get plastic surgery, which, I think, rarely looks natural or makes them look better, especially if they keep on doing it.

EclecticRealist,

Welcome to Websleuths. I feel funny saying that because I personally don't really feel like a member (I lurk far more than I post ever since the brouhaha of several years back.)

I'm a bit of a reluctant contrarian in high-profile cases so I felt a little apprehensive when I saw you were responding to my post. I thought I was going to get some stick given the length of your post. I'm relieved you share many of the same thoughts I do. The idea that Oksana has ulterior motives is enough to plant the seeds of doubt in my mind. That alone makes me call into question everything we hear and learn (i.e. are the tapes edited, who leaked the tapes, ...)

I look forward to reading more of your posts.

I personally feel her motives make no difference whatsoever. How do her motives excuse the kind of behavior displayed on the tapes?

I am not willing to label Oksana a gold digger because wealthy older men always seem to pick someone younger than themselves rather than someone their own age....it is all about their ego.

I heard one of the talking heads saying that while Calif. was a two party state regarding recordings that there was an exception to that rule. If the recording contains physical threats then the permission of the other person is not necessary. Mel definitely made threats in these recording which negates needing his "permission. I believe that these tapes will most definitely be admitted during the court case.

If I were in her shoes I would most definitely want full custody of the child because I don't believe that MG can be trusted around their child. Wow, how many cases have we looked into here on Websleuths where one parent harms the child as a form of revenge against the other parent.

I commend Oksana for keeping calm during the conversations because to get angry just adds fuel to the fire.

I personally feel her motives make no difference whatsoever. How do her motives excuse the kind of behavior displayed on the tapes?
Oksana and Mel are in the midst of a custody dispute. It is to her gain to make Mel look as bad as possible, hence we only get to hear the snippets of dialogue to support that notion. I agree that you cannot really defend the language that Mel employs, but that is partly because we have no way of putting it into a proper context when half the context has been edited out.

For the sake of argument, let us suppose that Oksana has made it appear to Mel that she has been partying and entertaining male friends. I'm not saying she cheated, but that perhaps she wanted to make it appear to Mel that she had, i.e. to fuel a jealous angry reaction. Considering that Mel has sacrificed a lot to support Oksana, it stands to reason that Oksana knows that any sort of betrayal (or appearance of one) would provoke such a reaction. Whilst this scenario would not justify Mel's outburts, they would be easier to forgive as he could be considered the victim of a devious plot to destroy him.

Furthermore, it is one thing to be verbally abusive and quite another to be physically abusive. I think we all agree that nothing could justify or excuse the latter.

Technically that may be true; but here's how those deals go down: She leaves the digital media where someone else can get it; then that someone brokers the deal to be anonymous and viola. Her hands are technically clean; she was just "careless" with the material. She ends up looking good on the face of it because she can say " I did not give them the recordings" and they can say, "we didn't get them from her" but it was planned and the end justified the means.

Maybe she gave them to her friend Elesha (sp?) that she mentions in the tapes and the friend handed them off. That was the women whose house Oksana said she would go to if Mel threw her out and the woman that Mel claims wanted to give him oral LOL! If it was her, she gave him oral alright... just not the kind he was expecting.

Expert on GMA Now:

Forensic experts claim several things considered when analyzing tapes -- gaps transients and fades on tapes She was clearly speaking into a large diaphram (sp) microphone and had professional help. To authentic a recording it must be the original. In a court of law if the tapes are tampered with they are inadmissible. The voices are on separate tracks which is interesting. They were able to mix the voices. There was a 60 second hum/fade, so expert doesn't believe they were edited by Radar Online.

These experts worked on the Natalee Holloway and Jon Benet cases.

Interesting tidbit from the article, since it was discussed in this thread:

Arlo wants to point out one other key point — “when one party knows they are being taped, and that they are taping an unsuspecting party they tend to be very calm and cool,” he says, explaining Oksana’s unnatural calmness during the shocking phone calls. thing he has learned over the years of analyzing audio and video.

“When a party knows they are being taped and taping the party who does not know they tend to be very calm and cool,” he says. “This is something I have heard many times when examining these types of recordings.​

Oksana's road to Mel: From Russian poverty to Hollywood royalty via an embittered British husband and a Bond actor.

"Even the most impartial observer might feel that this particular Cinderella appears to have a history of lobbing her glass slipper into the path of a variety of Prince Charmings."

She appears to have a long history with men, but only the rich and famous ones seem to get her pregnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeptemberDaffodil