Found Safe Melissa Wolfe, 37, seen in Ocean Shores w. man in vehicle now considered stolen, 11 June 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

hibachai

Reaction score
RENTON, Wash. — Officers are asking for help to find a woman who has not been in touch with family for nearly a month.

Melissa M. Wolfe, 37, was last physically seen with her family in Maple Valley on May 31, though had been texting them until June 14. She has not been heard from since.

A witness called the Renton Police Department after seeing a post from the Washington State Patrol on Facebook about Wolfe, the witness said they met her at Ocean Shores, Washington on June 11.

This witness told officers Wolfe was with a man and said they were heading toward the Redwoods. Wolfe was in a rented black 2021 Ford F350 Transit truck with Washington plates C14129Y.

The truck, however, has not been seen since June 18 in Portland and has not been returned to the rental company, so is now reported stolen. It’s unclear if Wolfe is with the vehicle soon.

If you have seen Wolfe, who has blonde hair and brown eyes, you’re asked to call 911.

f82f82e6-7d66-4937-bc96-920bfb1b28fe-medium16x9_FXGON_UVUAAncMT.jpg

Melissa Wolfe had last physical contact with her family on May 31, 2022 in Maple Valley, WA and phone contact via text on June 14th, exact location unknown. Since then, she has not been reachable by phone.
After seeing a WA State Patrol post on Facebook regarding Melissa’s missing status, a witness contacted the Renton Police Department and indicated that she had possibly made contact with Melissa at Ocean Shores, WA on June 11th. The witness stated Melissa was traveling with a male companion and that they stated they were heading towards the Redwoods in California. Melissa was possibly traveling in a rented black 2021 Ford F350 Transit truck with WA license plates C14129Y. The vehicle was last seen in Portland, Oregon on June 18th, was not returned to the rental facility per contract, so is now a reported stolen vehicle and has not been recovered. It is unknown if she is still with the vehicle.
Due to family concerns for her safety and their lack of contact with her, we are asking the public for assistance. We would like to make contact with Melissa to confirm she is safe. If you have seen her or have any information regarding this case, please call 911 or contact Detective Sgt. Bill Judd at bjudd@rentonwa.gov and reference Case # 22-6610

<modsnip - removed info from a non-approved source>

June 11th: Wolfe talks with witness in Ocean Shores, WA and says they are heading to the Redwoods
July 4th: “They were last spotted July 4 traveling south on Highway 101, at the Giant Redwood RV Park in Myers Flat, California.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to imagine the police are working something in the background that the public is unaware of. <modsnip> and she is potentially missing I would think they would "ping" her phone at least and do some research to see if he has one and "ping" that one as well. At least there is some fairly decent information to go on here.

I have to imagine the police are working something in the background that the public is unaware of. <modsnip> and she is potentially missing I would think they would "ping" her phone at least and do some research to see if he has one and "ping" that one as well. At least there is some fairly decent information to go on here.

Having traveled down the Oregon Coast to the California Redwoods, I do know there are some places without cell service. Can you ping a phone if it doesn't have service?

Having traveled down the Oregon Coast to the California Redwoods, I do know there are some places without cell service. Can you ping a phone if it doesn't have service?
even if it does not have cell service for a call if it can connect to wi-fi or bluetooth it can ping. I know the more pings the better the location tracking you get.

I've Just started following this thread and read the media reports linked above.

Melissa Wolfe had last physical contact with her family on May 31, 2022 in Maple Valley, WA and phone contact via text on June 14th, exact location unknown. Since then, she has not been reachable by phone.
So the last known sighting of Melissa was about six week ago, but she was in contact for about two weeks after that via text messages. <modsnip>

Several general questions come to mind here. First, do we know if Melissa has any mental health issues (substance abuse, etc.), or any previous periods of time where she has been out of touch with family and friends?

<modsnip>

Also interesting to note that the vehicle they were using is also missing and reported as stolen. That vehicle (a black Ford Transit) may not be a very common vehicle so if it's being driven in populated areas it might be noticed. I believe it was last reported in the Portland area.

Do we know anything about the last few texts from Melissa? Did she indicate any possible concerns or say anything strange before her family lost contact?

MOD REMINDER:

PLEASE review the WS rules we ALL agreed to when we joined.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forums/the-rules.159/

The Terms of Service are intentionally strict as WS is the gold standard of true crime discussion websites, and we all work hard to keep it that way.
Here are a few of the key rules:

- Post only facts, and LINK to the source of those facts.
- If it can’t be linked, it can’t be posted. That includes any pictures.
- Approved links are from mainstream media (MSM) or law enforcement (LE) statements. Additional sources MAY be approved, but ask before posting.
- The ONLY Facebook links permitted are those from MSM, LE, the victim, or the OFFICIAL missing page if there is one established.
- NO public comments from ANY source are allowed as they cannot be verified.
- NO ONE may be accused/speculated/sleuthed unless they are the victims or persons NAMED BY LE as a suspect or POI.

Websleuths is FACT-BASED and VICTIM-FRIENDLY.
Posts that are in violation of ANY of the Websleuths’ TOS are subject to removal, as are all the replies that quote and/or reference the violating post.

PLEASE use the Report button at the bottom of any post if you come upon a post that is questionable regarding Websleuths’ TOS.

THANK YOU for your efforts to post respectfully and responsibly according to the Websleuths’ TOS.

JB's Arizona court records. I hope he's a changed man. The stolen vehicle gives me pause however. Just MHO. My concern for Melissa grows...

As of right now, it appears that JB is a fugitive out of Idaho as well. I really hope Melissa is found soon! I think I stated that before. And I hope that JB wants to get help for whatever issues exist. I'll admit that I find this situation scary & I pray for safety for all involved. I also lift Melissa's family & friends up in prayer.

JB's Arizona court records. I hope he's a changed man. The stolen vehicle gives me pause however. Just MHO. My concern for Melissa grows...
Yes, there's that - stealing a van should indeed give us pause. I am surprised LE has not spotted the vehicle - I wonder if somebody switched the plates? The van should be recognizable as well as Melissa's beautiful body art. I haven't seen that much ink since the NBA playoffs and I would think it would make it easier to recognize her. I hope they're spotted soon. Her father seems to have.a good handle on what may have happened and I loved his idea to post on RV websites to encourage RV users to look for the transit van. Hopefully they did not cross into Mexico.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa D.
Back