Memorial Thread - COVID-19 Coronavirus

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A flight attendant dies, and colleagues are 'very much on edge' - CNN
Paul Frishkorn, a longtime union representative and Philadelphia-based flight attendant for American Airlines, died this week, the airline confirmed Wednesday in a statement to CNN.

Authorities in Pennsylvania have yet to release a cause of death. But in the voicemail greeting on his phone, Frishkorn said he was "very ill" and awaiting results of a test for Covid-19.

Virginia
Traveling musical minister from Gretna who died from COVID-19 remembered as 'a modern-day Apostle Paul'

......66-year-old husband, Landon Spradlin, who had the virus.

Her husband of 35 years died early Wednesday morning, the family said, because of complications from COVID-19 and double pneumonia. He had been on a ventilator for more than a week at Concord, North Carolina, hospital Atrium Health Cabarrus.

Family and friends will remember Landon Spradlin as a kind man, a gifted musician, and “not just a normal minister” who was well-known and loved by many.

“My father was a very big bunch of people-loving, Jesus-loving dynamite in a small package,” said Judah Strickland, one of Spradlin’s five children.
Thank you @Simply Southern
Lots of friends in Concord.
Prayers for all

Woman, 73, dies from COVID-19 at Philadelphia nursing home

She was one of the eleven residents who tested positive in the 123-bed facility. Currently, there are 110 residents living in the facility.

A contracted employee who was last in the building on March 11th did tell the nursing home that he tested positive for COVID-19.

Officials at the nursing home are not able to determine if that person could have infected residents.

Custodian at NYPD headquarters is department’s first coronavirus death

Dennis Dickson, 62, of Brooklyn, was hospitalized Tuesday, and died at Kings County Hospital Thursday.

Dickson was at work as recently as Sunday, and possibly Monday as well.

Dickson, whose job included disinfecting areas of the 15-story police headquarters in lower Manhattan, worked for the NYPD for 14 years.

Walter H. Monahan

I knew Walter from a classic car club in Rochester, and would occasionally run into he and his wife. Navy veteran, and just a great all-around guy.

Walter was one of those people you're glad you met at some point in your life.

Grandfather, veteran, neighbor, friend: Now dead from Covid-19

The outpouring on social media, and memorials left at the Monahans' home in Kenmore show that he was a big presence. On Facebook, a woman called him "my wonderful neighbor." In recent days, a message went out to members of St. Joseph University Parish, where Monahan served as a Eucharistic minister, requesting prayers for him, said a parishioner, Susan Stievater. Neighbors taped images of butterflies to the family's fence and chalked messages of support on the sidewalk.

Monahan had served on a destroyer during the Vietnam War, and from then on, the Navy was in his blood. When his tours ended, he was asked where he would like to be stationed. The West Coast, he said. They put him in the Pentagon, in a large office of about 50 people working for the chief of naval operations.

That’s where he met his future wife. Valerie was a civilian employee in the same office. Their first date was to a drive-in theater. They brought a six-pack and watched "Hellfighters," an action picture starring John Wayne.

92EEB32D-2D46-4271-9094-1FB612317A19.jpeg

May Dennis Dickson Rest In Peace (Pictured third from left)

NYPD announces the death of its first 'faithful' employee from coronavirus complications as it pays tribute to 'our own family member'

Custodial Assistant Dennis Dickson passed away from COVID-19 yesterday, the NYPD announced on Thursday evening.

Mr Dickson had worked as a a civilian cleaner at 1 Police Plaza for 14 years.

NYPD announces the death of its first 'faithful' employee from coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

I want to share this post from MY friend, a teacher and colleague. My heart is broken for him. And for all of this.

This makes it very real.

“This morning my best friend, Josh, died from complications of Covid-19 in a hospital in New York City. My heart is broken. You might know that in nearly all things I compulsively look for the lesson, the deeper message, the bigger meaning. But for this, all meaning is absent. All I have is this...

Josh was my best friend. I never told him that, and he had so many friends I don’t know if he would have returned that title to me. And that’s okay. There was more than enough of Josh’s friendship to be shared. Me, on the other hand... the number of people I’ve allowed to get truly close in my lifetime can be counted on one hand. Most of them have dropped off along the way. Until now, Josh remained.

He was a guide for me in ways he didn’t realize. He reminded me how to have fun. He would be the first to roll his eyes and say, “Oh Lord” when I got too full of myself. In one of the darkest periods of my life I sobbed with my head in his lap, and then he took me to the bars, and we spent an entire weekend alternating between those two things. Josh was my best friend and was my family. Josh felt like home. Now Josh is gone.

Josh, I will miss you for the rest of my life.“

RIP Josh Wallwork
:(
This is Josh. Law and Order SUV crew member:

Mariska Hargitay is in mourning after a Law & Order: SVU crew member died from the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).

The actress, 56, paid tribute to Josh Wallwork — a 45-year-old costumer for the NBC drama — in a tweet on Thursday, writing, “Heartbroken we are.”

“I don’t think I ever saw him without a smile on his face. He brought love and kindness everywhere he went. Always ready with the joke,” she remembered. “The SVU Corredor will never be the same. We will miss you Josh. #ForeverInOurHearts.”

The tragic news was initially shared by Law & Order: SVU showrunner Warren Leight, who tweeted a screenshot of a Facebook post from a Wallwork family friend announcing the death.

“Very sad news today. One of our costumers, and a beautiful man, Josh Wallwork, passed away from complications of Covd-19. Cast and crew send love and prayers to his family and friends. We are heartbroken,” he wrote.

Mariska Hargitay Is 'Heartbroken' After Law & Order: SVU Crew Member Dies of Coronavirus at Age 45

Delaware reports second coronavirus death

An 86-year-old man, who was a resident of a long-term-care facility for low-income seniors in Newark, died Thursday night. Six other residents of that facility, the Little Sisters of the Poor Jeanne Jugan Residence, have also tested positive.

A 66-year-old man from Sussex County died earlier Thursday while hospitalized out of state. As of Friday morning, there were 143 confirmed coronavirus cases in Delaware, and 15 people had been hospitalized.

Flight attendant based in Philadelphia has died after testing positive for coronavirus; Pa. universities likely to lose $100M

California teen who died from coronavirus denied health care over lack of insurance

The 17-year-old who passed away after contracting coronavirus despite not having any previously reported health conditions was denied treatment at an urgent care facility in Lancaster because he lacked insurance, according to that town’s mayor. In a video posted to YouTube, Mayor R. Rex Parris urged his community to take the threat of COVID-19 seriously and said the teen “didn’t have insurance, so they did not treat him.” The mayor added: “The Friday before he died, he was healthy. By Wednesday, he was dead.”

Coronavirus live updates: Teen without insurance dies after being denied care

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back