MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the AG made a gentle offer the first time (out of respect). After the school district's refusal, the next AG "offer" may be mandatory investigation.

The AG's office will be investigating the Oxford shootings whether the school district approves or not.

AG: School district declined offer to review Oxford shooting (detroitnews.com)

..."I am extremely disappointed that the school district chose to decline my offer to devote the full resources of the Department of Attorney General to review the events leading up to and on November 30th," she said in a statement. "This tragedy demands a united effort from all of us who serve the Oxford community."...

Oxford Community Schools spokeswoman Danielle Stublensky did not immediately respond to a request for comment Monday night...

Nessel has said a probe by her office could determine criminal intent and civil liability, including whether certain school, district or state policies were violated.

The department has statewide jurisdiction and does not need the district's voluntary participation to conduct a review, the attorney general has said, although its involvement would help produce a "much more meaningful" investigation...

In her statement Monday night, Nessel said her team would "continue to support the ongoing criminal investigation in Oakland County and looks forward to meeting with parents, students and teachers when they are ready to share their thoughts. To that end, we also remain committed to evaluating opportunities for our department to ensure that students in Oxford — and across Michigan — receive the protection they deserve and that guns are kept out of our schools.”...

For me, this is is just another check mark showing the mother's negligent care of her son.
Absolutely. Ethan wasn't wanted there, IMO. He got in the way sometimes -- one of their neighbors said as much. There were some good times at home, surely, but something IMO was wrong there, too.

Michigan attorney general takes swipe at Oxford school officials for rejecting her offer to investigate the shooting

December 7, 2021, 1:01 PM

Michigan's attorney general took a swipe at Oxford school officials for rejecting her offer to conduct an investigation of last week's deadly high school shooting, saying that she hopes district leaders care as much about student safety as they do "shielding themselves from civil liability."
5752b79e0e2851681f4427a2ca895d51

Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel

Attorney General Dana Nessel said in a statement Tuesday that she was "extremely disappointed" that Oxford Community Schools declined her offer to do a third-party review of the November 30 shooting at Oxford High School that left four students dead and seven others wounded.

"This tragedy demands a united effort from all of us who serve the Oxford community," Nessel said.

Nessel, speaking Tuesday in an interview with CNN's Don Lemon, said that the district had opted instead to hire a private firm.

Nessel added that her office will continue to assist the ongoing criminal investigation into the shooting "in any way that we possibly can."

"We're going to talk to the community," said Nessel. "We're going to talk to the parents and the students in Oxford and see what it is that they want to see."

Last edited:
Oxford rejects Michigan attorney general's offer of independent review (freep.com)

Very interesting that the Oxford School District rejected the Attorney General's offer to perform an independent review of the facts of this case - Makes one wonder if they really want to know the truth

Seems to me that the Oxford School District would welcome it if it would lead to better policy and handling of at-risk students and overall better safety for the students, staff, and the schools. It could possibly lead to additional staff, better security, etc., and that could only help, IMO. I have never been an educator or a school administrator, etc., so I don't have a feel for why the OSD would be averse to this. Yes, it's an intrusion and would add more work for the staff with discussions, etc., but it could have a positive outcome. Dunno.

Sounds like the Oxford County School District doesn't want the government meddling into how the school district runs things. Wonder why.....
I definitely believe less government is better, that said, the school district is a government entity paid with our tax dollars, they are not a private business.

I 100 percent agree. I think the boss would have said so if she thought he was drunk (at 11 am no less). Or if she was being coy, she might have listed it as a possibility along with a medical issue. It does not exclude the possibility, but I don't think we can assume it.

Not sure what else could cause that. I have seen more than one young man slump to the floor from anxiety attacks, but I don't recall seeing the sideways walking part.
I can see him getting dizzy and tripping or falling from smoking some kick-azz pot -- especially if he had not smoked pot very often or was not used to smoking strong pot. That's what I have thought it was from the beginning.

I can see him getting dizzy and tripping or falling from smoking some kick-azz pot -- especially if he had not smoked pot very often or was not used to smoking strong pot. That's what I have thought it was from the beginning.
Why do you see that but not that he seems drunk? I've never fallen over from smoking weed. IMO. His biff was a classic drunk move IMO. In any case, I fail to see how it has anything to do with him murdering 4 kids.

Why do you see that but not that he seems drunk? I've never fallen over from smoking weed. IMO. His biff was a classic drunk move IMO. In any case, I fail to see how it has anything to do with him murdering 4 kids.

The marijuana is brought up because the step brother said the parents gave the kids access to it.

Last edited:

The marijuana is brought up because the step brother implied the parents gave the kids access to it.

My husband is like you, perfectly functional when he uses it. I on the other hand, cant get out of bed, and if I do, I stumble around. I've tried it for pain and other cfs symptoms, but it makes me even more dysfunctional. I have to use cbd. Every one is different.
I think the main point though, is that the mother dismissed and minimized the concerns, either out of fear of getting into trouble, or lack of concern (neglect) for his well being (equally likely). Moo.

Speaking of business owners, does anyone know whether or not there is surveillance video of the transaction when Ethan accompanied his father to the gun shop on Black Friday? It would be interesting to see what transpired during the sale of the weapon. Was Ethan allowed to handle the gun to check the weight, feel, ease of handling, etc.? I've never been in a gun shop, but I imagine that there are cameras everywhere because such vendors would be targets for break-ins and thefts. JMO

Excellent thoughts, BDE -- I've never been in a gun shop <shiver> either, but I agree. A reputable gun shop owner would have lots of cameras -- visible ones and not visible ones, IMO.
Hmmm, hoping you are right -- camera shots or film might say a lot about Ethan and his father re high-end handguns.

I thought it was James Crumbley who needs insulin. Do you have a link with information that Ethan requires insulin?
bbm
So do I, if my memory serves.
If it indeed is Ethan, she never should have let him out of the house without him eating something. That could be dangerous, especially with a Type 1 diabetic, which Ethan would be, IMO.

Jennifer and James Crumbley often left their young son home alone while drinking at bars in downtown Lake Orion in 2014 and 2015, former neighbor Kayla LeMieux said. The boy would have been between 8 and 9 years old at that time.
Crumbley family all behind bars in Oxford High School shootings
I wonder how long ago the older brother moved back in with his mother. I wonder if some of his issues with his stepmother had anything to do with alcohol abuse or the couple leaving him in charge of EC for extended periods while they partied without a care.

I wonder a lot of things about these unusual parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679