MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, shooting at Oxford High School, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The school principal showed the parents a note, written by their son the morning on the shooting, in which he depicted an image of a gun and a person who had been shot twice.
He included the words:
"Blood everywhere” and “The thoughts won’t stop. Help me.”

Sorry if this has already been discussed -- haven't quite caught up in the thread -- but I am wondering, when he says "the thoughts won't stop. help me"

1) are we to interpret that to mean he is hearing voices telling him to kill other children and is genuinely reaching out for help?

or...

2) did he deliberately draw that picture with that text anticipating he would shoot up the school, feigning "hearing voices," and setting the stage for an orchestrated insanity defense?

Since the parents obviously have neglected their son's mental health, I'm guessing he wasn't ever seen by a psychiatrist.

Police said the Crumbleys were "very distressed" when they were detained. It must have come as quite a shock to them that LE caught up with them. They probably see themselves as martyrs and heroes.

Oxford high school shooting: Parents of alleged Michigan school shooter arrested after manhunt - CNN

What was their attorney doing with the story that they were turning themselves in? Obviously that wasn't the case. It's a good thing LE didn't buy that story. Was the attorney involved in covering up their escape or was she just gullible?

Last edited:
I hope this person gets their $10,000 reward.

James, Jennifer Crumbley arrested in Detroit after car found

McCabe previously said the vehicle was found around 11:30 p.m. Friday.

“The owner of the building arrived and saw the car in the back parking lot, knew it didn’t belong there, went to investigate,” McCabe told the Free Press.

The building’s owner immediately recognized the car from information put out by law enforcement, checked the license plate, which matched, and called 911.

“There was a woman nearby sitting near the car smoking a cigarette,” McCabe said, adding that she walked away.

By about 1:45 a.m., the Crumbleys were under arrest.

1.OSD.60005719.001

James Crumbley mug shot

CLEMIS Inmate Locator

CLEMIS Inmate Locator

CRUMBLEY, JENNIFER LYNN

Wow. In both their mugshots, especially the mom's, they don't look regretful or sorry at all. Just filled with resentment and hatred. What horrible, awful people. Their son didn't even have a chance. Thank goodness the dad was a deadbeat to his two other children so they weren't adversely influenced by him.

Police said the Crumbleys were "very distressed" when they were detained. It must have come as quite a shock to them that LE caught up with them. They probably see themselves as martyrs and heroes.

Oxford high school shooting: Parents of alleged Michigan school shooter arrested after manhunt - CNN

What was their attorney doing with the story that they were turning themselves in? Obviously that wasn't the case. It's a good thing LE didn't buy that story. Was the attorney involved in covering up their escape or was she just gullible?

Maybe they should arrest their attorney as well (they probably won't)-- what was the attorney doing saying they were going to turn themselves in and were not on the run- what a bunch of BS--- even if the attorney initially believed it, how could any reasonable person continue to believe that crap when it was obvious they were on the run - the Canadian border is real close to Detroit

police said someone let them into the buildings parking lot earlier today, that is where their car was found. It is an art building. Somehow they were let into the building and found in a suite on the 1st floor. Apprehended by marshalls.

I was wondering whether they gave the person who let them in some of the cash they had withdrawn to let them in as they said they were cold or something or that they knew this person already.

Maybe they should arrest their attorney as well (they probably won't)-- what was the attorney doing saying they were going to turn themselves in and were not on the run- what a bunch of BS--- even if the attorney initially believed it, how could any reasonable person continue to believe that crap when it was obvious they were on the run - the Canadian border is real close to Detroit

Here is my take on the attorneys:

I think their clients really told them they went out of town to be safe and that they would come back to turn themselves in. So this is the information that was passed on. We don't know what was happening in the background between the attorneys and LE. We only know the statement they made to the public.

Clearly, the parents were lying so now the attorneys have a choice to make. And I think they should make this one: no longer represent the parents. Tell the parents to find someone else or get a public defender.

Thank you for posting the timeline. I am curious why the school did not look in EC's backpack given the sketches of a gun and a person being shot?
There’s been debate on whether they can search a backpack, it’s been over 10 years since my youngest graduated high school but in the sweet little town of Camden, Maine, they had a metal detector everyone had to walk through to enter the building, including parents and teachers, and they searched whatever they wanted. Everyday.

Sorry if this has already been discussed -- haven't quite caught up in the thread -- but I am wondering, when he says "the thoughts won't stop. help me"

1) are we to interpret that to mean he is hearing voices telling him to kill other children and is genuinely reaching out for help?

or...

2) did he deliberately draw that picture with that text anticipating he would shoot up the school, feigning "hearing voices," and setting the stage for an orchestrated insanity defense?

Since the parents obviously have neglected their son's mental health, I'm guessing he wasn't ever seen by a psychiatrist.

Great question. It's heartbreaking if it was genuine. Sincere cry for help was my initial take, but who knows with a kid willing to shoot up his school? He certainly did some level of planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member