MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 911 caller mentions that Ally got out of her car (or "a" car). Why does he assume she was in a car? It seems that he may have seen a parked car (perhaps with an opened door), and assumed she came out of it.

With my vivid imagination I thought of the following possible scenario:
Now suppose that the shooter drove a car, got out of the car, perhaps even ran after her and
shot her. But she was still alive. Why did he (or she, but let's say he) not shoot her again? Perhaps he approached Ally to make sure she is dead, but then the good samaritan came.
Now he couldn't approach Ally, and, he could not get back to the car without being seem.
So he hides in the bushes. The samaritan sees an empty car, but no person except Ally and assumes it is her car. The samaritan goes back into the house to make the 911 call,
and the killer goes back to the car and speeds off.

So a witness that saw the white car might be, in fact, the good samaritan. But to ensure his safety, they leave out the fact that he witnessed the car. Also, they hide his identity in interviews. The killer might just think this witness could identify him or his car. Police knows roughly where the car was parked from the samaritan and that's where they looked for tire tracks.
(Because frankly, there must be millions of tire track on a dirt road. Where would one look?)
Anyway, this is all just my speculation of course.

Perhaps he even ran after Ally. Could it be that he (or she, but let's say he) did not have enough time to get back into the car because he saw a person approaching Ally.

The 911 caller mentions that Ally got out of her car (or "a" car). Why does he assume she was in a car? It seems that he may have seen a parked car (perhaps with an opened door), and assumed she came out of it.

With my vivid imagination I thought of the following possible scenario:
Now suppose that the shooter drove a car, got out of the car, perhaps even ran after her and
shot her. But she was still alive. Why did he (or she, but let's say he) not shoot her again? Perhaps he approached Ally to make sure she is dead, but then the good samaritan came.
Now he couldn't approach Ally, and, he could not get back to the car without being seem.
So he hides in the bushes. The samaritan sees an empty car, but no person except Ally and assumes it is her car. The samaritan goes back into the house to make the 911 call,
and the killer goes back to the car and speeds off.

So a witness that saw the white car might be, in fact, the good samaritan. But to ensure his safety, they leave out the fact that he witnessed the car. Also, they hide his identity in interviews. The killer might just think this witness could identify him or his car. Police knows roughly where the car was parked from the samaritan and that's where they looked for tire tracks.
(Because frankly, there must be millions of tire track on a dirt road. Where would one look?)
Anyway, this is all just my speculation of course.

Perhaps he even ran after Ally. Could it be that he (or she, but let's say he) did not have enough time to get back into the car because he saw a person approaching Ally.

RBBM

That’s what I think, too. I also think it’s possible the Good Samaritan might have heard or seen more than what has been reported:

“‘I was trying to keep her from bleeding to death,’ the man tells Crime Watch Daily.

The Good Samaritan, who asked that we protect his identity, remembers a critically wounded Ally fading fast as he tended to her.

‘Well, then she stopped breathing, and I hollered at her and she started breathing again,’ the homeowner tells Crime Watch Daily.

But tragically Ally Brueger was officially declared dead on arrival at a local hospital. For her devastated parents it's like time had stopped. Nikki and Franz can't fathom what kind of monster would rob them of their precious only child.”
https://crimewatchdaily.com/2018/03...gunned-down-while-jogging-on-rural-dirt-road/

It’s possible Alexandra might have told him something that has led LE to believe she likely knew her killer also.

A few years ago, there was a young woman who was tragically burned to death while still alive. IIRC, she told the person who found her the name of the person who did this to her, but LE keep this information close to the vest until there was an arrest in the case. My memory is a bit fuzzy on the details, so if I am wrong, please correct me.

I feel terrible for the Good Samaritan. For his sake, too, I hope that this cowardly killer who took Alexandra from those who loved her is arrested as soon as possible.

While reading the Crime Watch Daily article linked in my last post, I came to realize I had previously missed some important (IMO) information the article talks about:

“Local and state police scoured the crime scene and surrounding neighborhood for any clues, witnesses and evidence they could find. And they can tell almost immediately that Ally had been shot from behind with a shotgun.

‘We believe five shots were fired,’ said Michigan State Police Lt. Michael Shaw.

Only one of those shots found its target.

’It hits her in the small part of her back and just happens to hit the wrong blood vessel and she bleeds out,’ said Lt. Shaw.

Several residents tell police they heard the gunshots, and some say they noticed a white sedan in the area around the time of the murder.

‘We had some tire tracks that we believe may have belonged to a vehicle that we thought was out there,’ said Lt. Shaw.

But apart from that, investigators don't have much to go on. The location of the shooting is problematic in the investigation: dirt road, houses spread far apart, no surveillance cameras and no eyewitnesses.

‘There just wasn't that stuff out there,’ said Lt. Shaw.”

But it has also been reported they found only four shell casings. So, what is it that makes LE think that there were five shots fired?

“https://crimewatchdaily.com/2018/03...gunned-down-while-jogging-on-rural-dirt-road/

Combatmedic,

I’m wondering if you have any guesses as to what Lt. Shaw is talking about here (where I bolded in particular):

“And anyone who knew Ally Brueger is considered a suspect.

‘Everyone is in the game,’ said Lt. Shaw.

Including Wes Sutherland, an ex-boyfriend Ally had lived with for nearly two years before they broke up three months before her murder. Sutherland also worked as an aide at the same hospital as Ally while studying to be a nurse like her, and he had reportedly remained friendly with Ally after the split.

‘So being that this is an open investigation, he's a suspect,’ said Lt. Shaw.

Police had grown suspicious of Wes Sutherland from the first time they interviewed him, believing he was lying and withholding information.

‘We know that sometimes he's not absolutely truthful, but maybe he's not absolutely truthful with everybody, not just us,’ said Lt. Shaw.”

And I’m sorry; I have one more question also regarding this article:

“And why did you break up?

‘Right off the bat was marriage. She wanted to get married immediately,’ said Sutherland.

And you were not keen on that?

‘I was not. I didn't feel like it was responsible to get married until I graduated from college. I wanted to be able to support her,’ said Sutherland.“

Then I noticed you posted upthread:

“[RSBM]

... even when Ally lived with me, I paid most of our bills, while she regularly helped her mom pay their bills.

[RSBM]”
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Rose-Twp-30-July-2016&p=14015030#post14015030

The impression I get from your statement above is that you were already taking care of the financial responsibilities for both yourself and Alexandra (and Nikki, albeit indirectly).

But we also know they almost always edit a lot of things out (like where you talked to Chris Hansen about the texts you and Alexandra had been exchanging leading up to the murder).

So I was wondering if there were other reasons why you weren’t so keen on the idea of you and Alexandra getting married right away.

Bbm. Dad seemed like he cared. Jmo.

It’s been said that the father didn’t actually write that or set up the account but the mother did and is crediting the father. Which makes since to me. It’s a much more femine writing style.

Could anyone confirm how many times Ally was shot? Per her parents, she was shot 4 times, but CWD said she was shot once and hit an artery in her neck? TIA

Could anyone confirm how many times Ally was shot? Per her parents, she was shot 4 times, but CWD said she was shot once and hit an artery in her neck? TIA

Ally was shot once in the back. Quote from CWD: ’It hits her in the small part of her back and just happens to hit the wrong blood vessel and she bleeds out,’ said Lt. Shaw.

Do we know how close the shooter was when the fatal shot was fired?

Ally was shot once in the back. Quote from CWD: ’It hits her in the small part of her back and just happens to hit the wrong blood vessel and she bleeds out,’ said Lt. Shaw.

And her parents have never made any other statements, correcting themselves saying she was only shot once? Or has the media corrected their articles anywhere? CWD is the only one I’ve seen so far that’s only reported one shot hitting her, unless I’m overlooking that elsewhere.

 
Our only daughter, Alexandra (Ally) was murdered on July 30, 2016. She was shot in the back four times while on one of her daily 10-mile runs. One of the many tough parts for me is the memory of the footprints on the hospital floor. They were the footprints of the doctors and nurses working on her, and they were made in my daughter’s blood. How do I get out of this war? Where is my exit? But I get comfort from my support group, and we have Zeus. He was Alexandra’s dog for six months before she died.

https://www.tctimes.com/living/our_...cle_166c2c84-4238-11e7-a28c-3b251b0a3b37.html

Alexandra Brueger, 31, was shot in the back four times around 2:30 p.m. July 30 as she ran in the 11000 block of Fish Lake Road.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...killed-jogging-rose-township-mother/90785580/

And her parents have never made any other statements, correcting themselves saying she was only shot once? Or has the media corrected their articles anywhere? CWD is the only one I’ve seen so far that’s only reported one shot hitting her, unless I’m overlooking that elsewhere.

https://www.tctimes.com/living/our_...cle_166c2c84-4238-11e7-a28c-3b251b0a3b37.html

There have, indeed, been conflicting reports regarding the number of "shots" heard or casings found and the number of Ally's gunshot wounds. I think we're going to have to wait for the release of the autopsy report that should clearly indicate where and how many gunshot wounds Ally sustained. I'm curious about what else might be learned from autopsy report.

here is the 911 call (first recording) from the neighbor ... he cleary says he “thinks she got out of a car and somebody shot her. He didn’t really know. https://soundcloud.com/wjbk-fox-2-detroit/woman-found-shot-in-rose-twp-911-call

There may have been confusing reports at first, early reports were multiple shots, but other articles/media have since reported she was hit only once. I can;t find when the # of shots that hit her was changed.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/local-new...of-metro-detroit-nurse-murdered-while-jogging[FONT=&quot]
(March 2018) Michigan State Police say they found four shotgun casings at the scene. Only one of those shots hit Ally. She was shot in the back, ..

[/FONT]
https://crimewatchdaily.com/2018/03...gunned-down-while-jogging-on-rural-dirt-road/[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](March 2018) "We believe five shots were fired," said Michigan State Police Lt. Michael Shaw. Only one of those shots found its target.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...a-brueger-shot-killed-rose-towship/104071462/
(July 2017) MSP said Brueger was shot with a shotgun in the back multiple times

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/general-news/20170221/reward-climbs-to-13500-in-ally-brueger-killing
(Feb. 2017)
Brueger, 31, died July 30 after being shot four times in the back by someone with a shotgun while out jogging on Fish Lake Road, which is a few miles from her home.[/FONT]

here is the 911 call (first recording) from the neighbor ... he cleary says he “thinks she got out of a car and somebody shot her. He didn’t really know. https://soundcloud.com/wjbk-fox-2-detroit/woman-found-shot-in-rose-twp-911-call

There may have been confusing reports at first, early reports were multiple shots, but other articles/media have since reported she was hit only once. I can;t find when the # of shots that hit her was changed.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/local-new...of-metro-detroit-nurse-murdered-while-jogging[FONT=&quot]
(March 2018) Michigan State Police say they found four shotgun casings at the scene. Only one of those shots hit Ally. She was shot in the back, ..

[/FONT]
https://crimewatchdaily.com/2018/03...gunned-down-while-jogging-on-rural-dirt-road/[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](March 2018) "We believe five shots were fired," said Michigan State Police Lt. Michael Shaw. Only one of those shots found its target.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...a-brueger-shot-killed-rose-towship/104071462/
(July 2017) MSP said Brueger was shot with a shotgun in the back multiple times

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/general-news/20170221/reward-climbs-to-13500-in-ally-brueger-killing
(Feb. 2017)
Brueger, 31, died July 30 after being shot four times in the back by someone with a shotgun while out jogging on Fish Lake Road, which is a few miles from her home.[/FONT]

Thank you! Sometimes the media is clear as mud LOL. Again, don’t know how I never saw any of these at the time and follow all of our local media.

Thank you! Sometimes the media is clear as mud LOL. Again, don’t know how I never saw any of these at the time and follow all of our local media.

I know.... hard to even count on media for accuracy, isn’t it? There are many more with both reports, one or multiple. As BDE said, we await the autopsy for confirmation.

I think the discrepancy comes from not knowing the type of gun early on. Clearly with a shotgun you can be shot at 4-5 times, hit with 1 shot and end up with 4 wounds.

Has LE ever clarified if the discarded shells contained "shot" or "slugs?"
A google search will bring you a myriad of websites that explain the difference.

If the cartridges contained "shot" then accuracy decreases the further the target is from the shooter. (Think throwing a handful of pebbles at someone running away from you.) You could get "lucky" and one or two pebbles could hit the mark, or all the pebbles could miss the target.
If gun and target are close, the damage is more severe.

A slug is a heavier load (think single projectile used for larger game).

I think I remember that "combatmedic mentioned LE searched his premise and were looking for a certain type of cartridge, but I can't recall if LE ever stated if the wounds were consistent with "shot" or "slugs"

MOO, I am so not an expert in these matters.

@drama_farmer
I was curious about the type of shot also until Police Lt. Michael Shaw told us only one shot found it's target. It's possible I guess that a single pellet from four of the shots hit it's mark but that would be unlikely. So if the statement "only one hit its target" is true, I take it that it was wasn't slugs. That leaves most common sizes small to large, #8,#6,#4, buckshot, 00buckshot, 000buckshot etc.

Has LE ever clarified if the discarded shells contained "shot" or "slugs?"
A google search will bring you a myriad of websites that explain the difference.

If the cartridges contained "shot" then accuracy decreases the further the target is from the shooter. (Think throwing a handful of pebbles at someone running away from you.) You could get "lucky" and one or two pebbles could hit the mark, or all the pebbles could miss the target.
If gun and target are close, the damage is more severe.

A slug is a heavier load (think single projectile used for larger game).

I think I remember that "combatmedic mentioned LE searched his premise and were looking for a certain type of cartridge, but I can't recall if LE ever stated if the wounds were consistent with "shot" or "slugs"

MOO, I am so not an expert in these matters.

Her mother also stated in an article that Ally would have wanted to be an organ donor and couldn’t because of so much damage done to organs. That statement makes me think shots not slugs.

I believe what she said in an earlier media statement was something like, “I’ve always told her to lookout and be safe. I was always worried she’d get hit by a car.”
But I honestly can’t remember her quote exactly.

It wasn’t until the far more recent interviews where Nikki brings up, “The last words I said to my daughter that day right before her run...” where she holds her by the shoulder, looks right at her and says, “Be careful out there!”

I heart breaking story to be sure...
Except for the fact that a month after Alex’s death I was sitting at Nikk’s kitchen table with her having coffee together and she said she’s been meaning to ask me how Ally’s last night at work was.
Nikki said that usually when Ally got home from work in the morning Nikki was around awake and they’d usually drink coffee together and talk about how Ally’s shift went that night before...

The morning she was killed, however, Nikki said she had over slept, and by the time Nikki had woken up Ally had already came home and gone to bed.
Nikki said she was really hoping to talk to Ally before she had to leave that day but Ally was still sleeping, so Nikki just let her sleep because she must of needed the rest. Nikki said that she regrets not waking Ally up before she left.
That she’d, “Always regret not getting to talk to her daughter on that last day of her life!”

Another completely heartbreaking story... BUT only one of these two heart breaking stories can possibly be true!
Also keep in mind, in one of these stories Franz ends up having an alibi, in the other one he doesn’t!
That’s really the important point of all this!

I wonder what Nikki told police about the last time she saw Ally. It should be easy to verify whether Nikki went to some other place or not. In any case, it seems to me that Franz and Nikki did not give each other alibis. If both had been at home during Ally's run, they probably would have heard that Ally was in the hospital at the same time, and they both would have arrived at the hospital at the same time. From the crimewatch video, Franz said that he arrived at the hospital and then Nikki told him that Ally was gone. So it seems that Nikki arrived at the hospital before Franz.

I always had the impression that Nikki was at home and Franz wasn't during Ally's run. But perhaps it was the other way around.

Does anyone have a link to an article or video where Nikki says (in her own words) that she saw Ally just before her run? (It is suggested in the crimewatch video, but those are not Nikki's words and it may not be accurate.)

I wonder what Nikki told police about the last time she saw Ally. It should be easy to verify whether Nikki went to some other place or not. In any case, it seems to me that Franz and Nikki did not give each other alibis. If both had been at home during Ally's run, they probably would have heard that Ally was in the hospital at the same time, and they both would have arrived at the hospital at the same time. From the crimewatch video, Franz said that he arrived at the hospital and then Nikki told him that Ally was gone. So it seems that Nikki arrived at the hospital before Franz.

I always had the impression that Nikki was at home and Franz wasn't during Ally's run. But perhaps it was the other way around.

Does anyone have a link to an article or video where Nikki says (in her own words) that she saw Ally just before her run? (It is suggested in the crimewatch video, but those are not Nikki's words and it may not be accurate.)

I read/heard local news reports that Nikki had gone to Saturday Mass (4:00PM) at St. Rita Church in Holly and that Franz was at home. LE must know whether or not other parishioners can vouch for Nikki's whereabouts that Saturday afternoon (seeing her at church), but is there anyone who can attest to Franz being at home at the time Ally was shot? I would like to know when the parents learned that Ally had been shot and was in hospital, where they were at the time, and what time each or both of them arrived at the hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stassy75