MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any other people close to Ally who confirm your account of the toxic relationship between Ally and Franz?
This is what I want to know. Why is no one else speaking about this?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In the days immediately leading up to her murder, did Ally share with you any concerns she might have had regarding her relationship with Franz: e,g., That their already troubled relationship was deteriorating even further, she felt physically threatened by him, perhaps because he had confronted her with a weapon, etc.?

How did Franz feel about Ally’s relationship with you? I have never had a great relationship with either of my parents. One of the reasons for this has been (at least from my perspective) their repeated (and sometimes succesful) attempts to interfere with my personal relationships, well into my 30’s (I am in my 40’s now, and if I were involved with someone romantically, I’m fairly certain they would do the same).

Was Franz aware that you and Ally were planning on moving back in together, get engaged and marrying? Also, if he knew you and Ally were planning on having Nikki move in with you guys, I suspect he probably wouldn’t have liked that, either, since he was already jealous of Ally and Nikki’s close relationship.

I’m just trying to figure out if there was a particular incident that might have taken place either between Ally and Franz or in that household that could have enraged him to the point of murdering his only daughter.

She never mentioned anything specific about Franz in the days leading up to her murder, no.
She did mentioned in a casual text conversation that she feels like she’s “just’s in everyone’s way at home” at home. That was on the 26th.
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]
[/FONT]

So I’ve noticed a lot of people mention, “Well if things were so bad at home with Franz, why would she move back home.”
There’s actually a couple different answers here. First, her credit wasn’t great even though she made good money. She was actually working on improving her credit score before we signed for a new place.
Second, she loved spending time Nikki, even if it meant she had to tolerate Franz.

As far as how Franz felt about me and our relationship...
Franz approached the topic the same way he approached everything else when it came to Ally’s life... he mostly just seemed to feel indifferent and uninterested. He never actually spoke to me in the same way that he and Ally almost never spoke.
He never asked in questions about me or about us. I mean the guy usually just watched tv in the living room, barely acknowledging Ally and I’s existence.
This never really offended me or anything, I know from everything Ally had told me about him that this is just the way he is.

Did Franz know that Ally and I were planning on getting a new place together in the near future? I’m not sure, but again, other than probably being happy that Ally was going to be moving back out of “his house”, he probably wouldn’t have much of an opinion beyond that....
Now, if Nikki or Ally had brought up the idea of Nikki maybe moving out and coming to live with us... I can imagine he’d probably flip out and go into meltdown mode!

I can definitely imagine Ally and Franz getting into an argument that day before she left for her run.
Things get pretty heated and intense, like they’re arguments usually did... and just maybe Ally said something like, “Don’t worry! Ill be moving out soon anyway, Oh... and by the way, I’m planning on taking Mom with me this time!”
I think if there’s anything that could of really set Franz flying off his rocker... Ally planning on taking Nikki with her when she moved, that definitely would have done it.

I read/heard local news reports that Nikki had gone to Saturday Mass (4:00PM) at St. Rita Church in Holly and that Franz was at home. LE must know whether or not other parishioners can vouch for Nikki's whereabouts that Saturday afternoon (seeing her at church), but is there anyone who can attest to Franz being at home at the time Ally was shot? I would like to know when the parents learned that Ally had been shot and was in hospital, where they were at the time, and what time each or both of them arrived at the hospital.

Can you find out where you read/heard this? Ally was shot around 2:30 IIRC. Even if Nikki went to mass, it probably was after Nikki had been shot. (It may have taken some time before Nikki found out what happened.)

She never mentioned anything specific about Franz in the days leading up to her murder, no.
She did mentioned in a casual text conversation that she feels like she’s “just’s in everyone’s way at home” at home. That was on the 26th.
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]
[/FONT]

So I’ve noticed a lot of people mention, “Well if things were so bad at home with Franz, why would she move back home.”
There’s actually a couple different answers here. First, her credit wasn’t great even though she made good money. She was actually working on improving her credit score before we signed for a new place.
Second, she loved spending time Nikki, even if it meant she had to tolerate Franz.

As far as how Franz felt about me and our relationship...
Franz approached the topic the same way he approached everything else when it came to Ally’s life... he mostly just seemed to feel indifferent and uninterested. He never actually spoke to me in the same way that he and Ally almost never spoke.
He never asked in questions about me or about us. I mean the guy usually just watched tv in the living room, barely acknowledging Ally and I’s existence.
This never really offended me or anything, I know from everything Ally had told me about him that this is just the way he is.

Did Franz know that Ally and I were planning on getting a new place together in the near future? I’m not sure, but again, other than probably being happy that Ally was going to be moving back out of “his house”, he probably wouldn’t have much of an opinion beyond that....
Now, if Nikki or Ally had brought up the idea of Nikki maybe moving out and coming to live with us... I can imagine he’d probably flip out and go into meltdown mode!

I can definitely imagine Ally and Franz getting into an argument that day before she left for her run.
Things get pretty heated and intense, like they’re arguments usually did... and just maybe Ally said something like, “Don’t worry! Ill be moving out soon anyway, Oh... and by the way, I’m planning on taking Mom with me this time!”
I think if there’s anything that could of really set Franz flying off his rocker... Ally planning on taking Nikki with her when she moved, that definitely would have done it.

Let's stop for a second.

A patriarch like Franz knows dang ole well that his wife isn't moving anywhere. Plus Ally never suggested that to you nor anyone else that her and mom would be moving in together with you or by themselves.

Now you don't need real credit to rent a home in certain isolated areas. But you do need income and rental proof that you usually pay your rent.

So unless moms stayed in the ER due to domestic violence. Then why would Ally bring that up of taking mom with her.

Now you definitely seem innocent of the murder. But did you possibly have a girlfriend or stalker that may have privately done it or had it done so Ally would leave you alone?

Maybe you have a stalker that tried to get rid of Ally to be with you. Idk.

So my question is. Were you messing with other people during this time? Just asking.

I don't want a T.O.

But I would like for Cos the VI to tell us if he was seeing someone else while Ally moved back home.

And (if so) is he still seeing her now?

Can you find out where you read/heard this? Ally was shot around 2:30 IIRC. Even if Nikki went to mass, it probably was after Nikki had been shot. (It may have taken some time before Nikki found out what happened.)

My primary local news sources are The Detroit News, WDIV (Channel 4), WWJ radio, and Oakland Press. Not sure where I read or heard. When I learned about Nikki having gone to Mass, I checked the St. Rita Church (Holly) website for time of Saturday Mass and learned that it was at 4:00PM. This was after the funeral when I had read Ally's obituary and knew her funeral Mass was at St. Rita Church. I suppose Nikki might have left the house at 3:30, but I don't know how or when she was contacted about the shooting. Franz mentions that Nikki was already at the hospital when he arrived and that she knew Ally had died.

Franz approached the topic the same way he approached everything else when it came to Ally’s life... he mostly just seemed to feel indifferent and uninterested. He never actually spoke to me in the same way that he and Ally almost never spoke. He never asked in questions about me or about us. I mean the guy usually just watched tv in the living room, barely acknowledging Ally and I’s existence.

You’ve stated that Franz seemed to feel indifferent and uninterested. There was also the text you shared between you and Nikki, and I don’t remember the exact context, but it was along the lines that Franz just wanted Nikki to get over Ally’s death.

I want to touch on both of these for a minute. Franz was born in Germany correct? I’m not sure or don’t remember if it was stated when he came to the US, but one thing to consider is that not everyone thinks, acts, or speaks like we, ourselves might. Is it possible that Franz’s demeanor and personality is due in part to his upbringing? I would also assume his tour in Vietnam also plays a role in his reserved nature. Perhaps it’s not a matter of indifference or being uninterested, but more of a matter that Franz internalizes his emotions. He’s a soldier. He’s been to war. He’s had to learn to tuck feelings inside and carry on like he’s unphased. However, that doesn’t mean he’s a man who didn’t love his daughter or a man that would murder her, does it? He’s spoken about the doll houses he built her, complete with a refrigerator that lights up when the door is opened. He’s spoken about Zeus, who seems to bring him comfort. I can only imagine that Nikki is destroyed over their daughter’s murder, so is it possible the text you shared with us, that what Franz said to Nikki was his way of trying to get his wife to go on in life because what’s happened to Ally can’t be undone?

Did Franz and Nikki have any problems with neighbors? Or business associates? Is there anyone who could’ve done this out of revenge towards them or anger unknown towards Ally?

This is what I want to know. Why is no one else speaking about this?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There ARE people speaking about it.

Maybe you meant, why is no one speaking about this to the Media?
And again, there are a lot of people talking to the media about it too... they just refuse to report on it.
No Media outlet wants to report on something that their readership might view as an attack on Ally’s grieving parents...

attachment.php
attachment.php
W
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 9FAE5FC1-B810-47B2-9B5A-29BF18E3E509.jpg
    9FAE5FC1-B810-47B2-9B5A-29BF18E3E509.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 338
  • A9BD293F-B886-4B98-8774-9F9E8124F653.jpg
    A9BD293F-B886-4B98-8774-9F9E8124F653.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 334
  • 1E044ADE-6C87-46DF-A5B0-A3D8207C9972.jpg
    1E044ADE-6C87-46DF-A5B0-A3D8207C9972.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 320
  • 78E58537-0EDA-48BC-A77D-D1BC60782A22.jpg
    78E58537-0EDA-48BC-A77D-D1BC60782A22.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 322
  • B9966E9F-74A5-4C1E-9066-B887F44B1A3F.jpg
    B9966E9F-74A5-4C1E-9066-B887F44B1A3F.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 315
There ARE people speaking about it.

Maybe you meant, why is no one speaking about this to the Media?
And again, there are a lot of people talking to the media about it too... they just refuse to report on it.
No Media outlet wants to report on something that their readership might view as an attack on Ally’s grieving parents...

attachment.php
attachment.php
W
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Who are these people you're quoting? What are their relationships to Ally, her parents, yourself?

Who are these people you're quoting? What are their relationships to Ally, her parents, yourself?

Carmella is the mother a guy that Ally had dated for a few years sometime after high school. Ally was over they’re house on a regular basis so Carmella and Ally had grown pretty close over time. Ally had talked to Carmella a lot about the all the problems she was having at home with Franz, and how she was also afraid to just move out and leave Nikki behind in that house with Franz because Ally believed he could be capable of doing anything.

Angela is now married to Carmella’s son who dated Ally. He doesn’t have his own Facebook account, but he still wanted to get in touch with me and see if I shared his suspicions of Franz, so he had his wife look me up.
He basically told me that Ally had been having a lot of issues at home with Franz over Nikki.
That Franz was extremely jealous of how close the two of them were and Franz felt like Nikki would spend more time with him and give him a lot more of her attention if it wasn’t for Ally being around all the time and living in his house.

Devin is another guy Ally had dated for a few years around Ally’s mid-twenties.
He basically told me the same thing Ally’s other ex boyfriend had told me about Franz. That Franz was jealous of Ally and Nikki’s relationship and that he seemed have some serious emotional dysfunction issues.... That growing up, Ally had never really look at Franz as a father, but more like this stranger who wanted absolutely nothing to do with her and would rarely even speak to her, yet he always lived in the same house with her and her mom.

Combatmedic,

have you ever been to the location Ally was shot? Or has any local here been there?

Thanks.
Nin

Combatmedic,

have you ever been to the location Ally was shot? Or has any local here been there?

Thanks.
Nin

No, I’ve never actually traveled down Fish lake road before.... I’m
not from that area so I’m not very familiar with any of the roads out that way. However, Fish lake Rd. doesn’t appear to be a very commonly traveled road, even for those who actually live in the area, due to all the nice paved roads that are everywhere now

Anytime I’ve driven out that way to Nikki ‘s house, my GPS has never taken me down that dirt road where Ally was killed, even though it’s only 1 1/2 miles from the house.

Franz does not sound too much different than a lot of late middle aged grumpy men that I know and used to be married to one, who could never strike up a relationship with men their daughters were involved with. That does not make him a murderer. My ex husband would never be friendly to my daughters boyfriends, Never approved of one them. Lots of fathers out there like that.

No, I’ve never actually traveled down Fish lake road before.... I’m
not from that area so I’m not very familiar with any of the roads out that way. However, Fish lake Rd. doesn’t appear to be a very commonly traveled road, even for those who actually live in the area, due to all the nice paved roads that are everywhere now

Anytime I’ve driven out that way to Nikki ‘s house, my GPS has never taken me down that dirt road where Ally was killed, even though it’s only 1 1/2 miles from the house.

Didn't you say that you had only met him once on a Christmas Day?

I read/heard local news reports that Nikki had gone to Saturday Mass (4:00PM) at St. Rita Church in Holly and that Franz was at home. LE must know whether or not other parishioners can vouch for Nikki's whereabouts that Saturday afternoon (seeing her at church), but is there anyone who can attest to Franz being at home at the time Ally was shot? I would like to know when the parents learned that Ally had been shot and was in hospital, where they were at the time, and what time each or both of them arrived at the hospital.

Yes, most articles say she was shot around 2:30 pm:

“Susan Bromley | hometownlife.com
Updated 11:20 p.m. ET Sept. 21, 2016

Alexandra Brueger, 31, was shot in the back four times around 2:30 p.m. July 30 as she ran in the 11000 block of Fish Lake Road.”

https://www.hometownlife.com/story/...eath-mind-hunt-ally-bruegers-killer/90723630/

“CANDICE WILLIAMS, JAMES DAVID DICKSON | DETROITNEWSUpdated 9:07 a.m. EDT Aug. 2, 2016

Police said about 2:35 p.m., MSP received a 911 call that a woman had been shot on a front lawn on the 11000 block of Fish Lake Road by an “unknown individual.“

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...1/family-friends-mourn-slain-jogger/87941592/

“POSTED: AUG 01 2016 08:02AM EDT
VIDEO POSTED: AUG 01 2016 08:12AM EDT
UPDATED: AUG 01 2016 12:34PM EDT

The 31-year-old's body was found Saturday on the front lawn of a home just after 2 p.m. “

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loc...lue-in-joggers-shooting-death-on-rural-road#/

“Susan Bromley | hometownlife.com
Updated 11:20 p.m. ET Sept. 21, 2016

As to how Nikki found out:
“BY: Tara Edwards
POSTED: 6:00 PM, Oct 3, 2016
UPDATED: 11:20 PM, Oct 3, 2016

Nikki heard the beyond devastating news while she was attending a mass service at church.”

https://www.wxyz.com/news/region/oa...jogger-asks-for-publics-help-solving-the-case

I wasn’t able to find anything to confirm Franz was home when Ally was shot, or information on when they found out, or what time they arrived at the hospital.

I did find the article where Franz talks about what he saw when he got there:

“Tri-County Times | Fenton, MI Vera Hogan Web Content Editor May 26, 2017

[SBM]

Our only daughter, Alexandra (Ally) was murdered on July 30, 2016. She was shot in the back four times while on one of her daily 10-mile runs. One of the many tough parts for me is the memory of the footprints on the hospital floor. They were the footprints of the doctors and nurses working on her, and they were made in my daughter’s blood. How do I get out of this war? Where is my exit? But I get comfort from my support group, and we have Zeus. He was Alexandra’s dog for six months before she died.”

https://www.tctimes.com/living/our_...cle_166c2c84-4238-11e7-a28c-3b251b0a3b37.html

The author of the article, Ms. Hogan’s name was mentioned by Combatmedic in one of his posts recently:

“[RSBM]

Finally, there’s actually another person who shares these suspicions of Franz and Nikki’s possible involvement...
However, this one is a little more interesting because it’s actually Vera Hogan from the Tri-County Times.
In case anyone doesn’t know, Vera Hogan has done the vast majority of the interviews with Franz and Nikki since Ally was killed.
Vera’s suspicions are mainly based on her personal interactions with Franz and Nikki... and some VERY odd and strange behaviors she’s noticed over subsequent interviews with them since Ally’s death.

[RSBM]”

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Rose-Twp-30-July-2016&p=14094766#post14094766

I did a search on the TCT website under “Brueger,” and got the following results. Many of the articles are written by Ms. Hogan.

https://www.tctimes.com/search/?f=html&q=Brueger&s=start_time&sd=desc&l=75&nsa=eedition

Let's stop for a second.

A patriarch like Franz knows dang ole well that his wife isn't moving anywhere. Plus Ally never suggested that to you nor anyone else that her and mom would be moving in together with you or by themselves.

Now you don't need real credit to rent a home in certain isolated areas. But you do need income and rental proof that you usually pay your rent.

So unless moms stayed in the ER due to domestic violence. Then why would Ally bring that up of taking mom with her.

Now you definitely seem innocent of the murder. But did you possibly have a girlfriend or stalker that may have privately done it or had it done so Ally would leave you alone?

Maybe you have a stalker that tried to get rid of Ally to be with you. Idk.

So my question is. Were you messing with other people during this time? Just asking.

Or perhaps during the time you and Ally were taking a break from each other?

“But Ally's parents had told a different story.

They say the reason you and Ally broke up was because she found out you are on a dating site.

‘That is not the reason we broke up,’ said Sutherland.

Were you on the dating site?

‘I was on a dating site, yes,’ said Sutherland.

Even though you were seeing Ally?

‘We had grown apart because of the marriage thing. The marriage thing was a huge issue,’ said Sutherland.

Wes Sutherland says they'd reconciled just before Ally Brueger was murdered, and were planning to live together again.

‘If anything, the breakup made us realize that we needed each other more than we realized,’ said Sutherland. ‘We had come to an agreement that we would get engaged that Christmas, but we won't get married until after I graduated from college. That was the compromise.’

And he says he was devastated by the murder of the woman he claims was his fiancée.”

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2018/03...gunned-down-while-jogging-on-rural-dirt-road/

Hi combatmedic, I have a question. You said that Nikki was still in bed when Alex left for her run. But wasn't she shot between 2pm and 2.30pm ish? And Nikki went to Mass that afternoon? According to the church's website mass is at 4pm. https://www.stritaholly.org/ So my question is why wouldn't Nikki be out of bed at 2pm on a Saturday, especially if she was going to mass at 4pm?

You’ve stated that Franz seemed to feel indifferent and uninterested. There was also the text you shared between you and Nikki, and I don’t remember the exact context, but it was along the lines that Franz just wanted Nikki to get over Ally’s death.

I want to touch on both of these for a minute. Franz was born in Germany correct? I’m not sure or don’t remember if it was stated when he came to the US, but one thing to consider is that not everyone thinks, acts, or speaks like we, ourselves might. Is it possible that Franz’s demeanor and personality is due in part to his upbringing? I would also assume his tour in Vietnam also plays a role in his reserved nature. Perhaps it’s not a matter of indifference or being uninterested, but more of a matter that Franz internalizes his emotions. He’s a soldier. He’s been to war. He’s had to learn to tuck feelings inside and carry on like he’s unphased. However, that doesn’t mean he’s a man who didn’t love his daughter or a man that would murder her, does it? He’s spoken about the doll houses he built her, complete with a refrigerator that lights up when the door is opened. He’s spoken about Zeus, who seems to bring him comfort. I can only imagine that Nikki is destroyed over their daughter’s murder, so is it possible the text you shared with us, that what Franz said to Nikki was his way of trying to get his wife to go on in life because what’s happened to Ally can’t be undone?

Did Franz and Nikki have any problems with neighbors? Or business associates? Is there anyone who could’ve done this out of revenge towards them or anger unknown towards Ally?

I remember this article being posted earlier in the thread, but in light of the discussions we have been having about Franz, I thought I’d post it again:

“Meet Franz Brueger”
Tri-County Times | Fenton, MI Vera Hogan Web Content Editor May 26, 2017

 Franz Brueger, 69, lives in Rose Township with his wife, Nikki, and Zeus, their late daughter Alexandra’s beloved dog. They live in the same house Franz bought in 1976.

You have a wonderful German accent. Where were you born?

I was born in Schweinfurt, Germany, which is near Wurtzburg, along the Main River. Schweinfurt is known for its ball bearing factories and other mechanical parts.

[...]

What is your fondest memory of your daughter?

 I took her on an extended weekend, four days, to Germany when she was about 12. We went to the Playmobil factory. She had a lot of Playmobils. I also built her a dollhouse. It is very detailed, even the refrigerator light comes on when you open it. I made all the furniture. Pumpkin carving is another fond memory. She liked to reach in and get the guts out.

What would you like to say to Alexandra’s killer?

 I would rather not waste my time speaking to that person, but if I did I would say ‘Your time will come. I do believe you have to stand before a higher power and explain what you did.’

What would you like to say to Ally?

 I would say it is too bad I wasn’t around more times to see all the things she accomplished as a nurse and a writer. I didn’t know what an excellent writer she truly was.

[...]

4da5426bdaed68a54a96f28c4f49c9d1.jpg

https://www.tctimes.com/living/our_...cle_166c2c84-4238-11e7-a28c-3b251b0a3b37.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

Thank you. My impression of him is that he&#8217;s just a man who&#8217;s internalizes everything and has regrets about not being very involved with Ally&#8217;s accomplishments. Another thing that I&#8217;ve thought about is a person who&#8217;s first language isn&#8217;t English and they later learned English as an adult,sometimes don&#8217;t speak in a way that shows a lot of emotion. They have to think more about the words they&#8217;re saying when they speak. There&#8217;s a scholarly article about that somewhere-I&#8217;ll find it.

Here’s one link for you, Squirrel:

[FONT=&quot]Nikki heard the beyond devastating news while she was attending a mass service at church. She told 7 Action News her only child had no known enemies and always felt safe running in her neighborhood.
[/FONT]
https://www.wxyz.com/news/region/oa...jogger-asks-for-publics-help-solving-the-case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stassy75