MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. My impression of him is that he’s just a man who’s internalizes everything and has regrets about not being very involved with Ally’s accomplishments. Another thing that I’ve thought about is a person who’s first language isn’t English and they later learned English as an adult,sometimes don’t speak in a way that shows a lot of emotion. They have to think more about the words they’re saying when they speak. There’s a scholarly article about that somewhere-I’ll find it.

Those are valid points.

I'm wondering more and more if this is not related to anyone in the inner circle. Was this someone who nobody in the inner circle knew about?

I don't know... something seems really off, but I can't even explain what I mean by that.

I don’t remember this but apparently that road was a frequent route for many runners in the area. Runners gathered in 2016 for a memorial:

[FONT=&quot] https://www.tctimes.com/news/runner...cle_73dd74d2-5e58-11e6-89b2-57c51085495c.html

A group of 40 runners gathered under a tree, surrounding Franz Brueger, father of Alexandra “Ally” Brueger who was murdered nearby just one week ago. They laid caring hands on Franz as they all prayed.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] The event was coordinated by the Facebook group, “Holly Area Runners.” The runners and walkers of all ages met Saturday afternoon at Rose Oaks County Park to honor the memory of Ally, and to show support for the family with a memorial run/walk on Fish Lake Road.

Speaking for the runners’ group was Anita Harless of Holly Township. “We’re on this road every week. How did we not know her? We had to finish a run for her,” she said after the event.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Another member of the runners’ group is Lacey Randall of Holly Township. She noted how often the group ran up and down this very dirt road.[/FONT]

Didn't you say that you had only met him once on a Christmas Day?

I don’t recall what the VI shared, but according to these articles:

[FONT=&amp]Nikki Brueger says she and her husband only met Sutherland one time during Ally’s 2-year relationship with him.
[/FONT]
https://www.wxyz.com/news/local-new...o-detroit-nurse-murdered-while-jogging?page=2

[FONT=&quot]“Ally would be very disappointed with Wes’s portrayal of her dad after only meeting us once on Christmas Day in 2015,” she said.
[/FONT]
https://www.tctimes.com/news/new-de...cle_e5892014-23c7-11e8-9c28-c31bdea8f3d0.html[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

All quoted text (in italics) are from this article:
https://www.tctimes.com/news/new-details-revealed-on-crime-watch-daily-tv-episode/article_e5892014-23c7-11e8-9c28-c31bdea8f3d0.html

[FONT=&quot]Brynn Styles, 32, of Louisville, Kentucky, was a good friend of Ally’s in school. “Our friendship started in ninth grade at Holly High School and we stayed friends,” she said.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“We were closer in high school. We’d have sleepovers. Sometimes we went to her house and other times she would come to mine,” Styles said. “In the times we went to her house I really respected her parents and was jealous of Ally’s relationship with them. If there was anything negative she would have told me.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“The first time I was at her house I could see that she was really close to Nikki,” Styles said. “It was the first time I met both of her parents. Franz was sitting in his chair watching TV. He wasn’t talking. When we went to Ally’s room, I asked her ‘what’s up with your dad?’ She said he is just quiet — and he’s German. She didn’t say it in a negative way.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“I wondered what does being German have to do with it,” Brynn said. “Then I remembered my grandfather was like that, too, and I finally got it. Yeah, he’s German. They are people of very few words. When Ally told me that her dad fought in Vietnam, that explained even more why he was a serious person.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Ally said he was a great dad and took her to Germany for vacation, just her and him,” Styles said. “That’s the coolest thing. I was really jealous of her relationship with her parents.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“So when I watched Crime Watch Daily, I was shocked,” she said.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“I knew she (Ally) loved her dad. I knew that because of the stuff we talked about. If anything would have happened that was not good, she would have told me. She said what was on her mind, she didn’t hold back.”
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Combatmedic, would you share why you did not take part or share your thoughts on the Crime Watch Daily show ? Is lt that the newspaper where Miss Hogan works? You seem to have a good rapport with her....?

[FONT=&quot]The Times gave Wes Sutherland an opportunity to share his thoughts on the Crime Watch Daily episode. He did not, however, respond to the request.
[/FONT]

I don’t remember this but apparently that road was a frequent route for many runners in the area. Runners gathered in 2016 for a memorial:

[FONT=&amp] https://www.tctimes.com/news/runner...cle_73dd74d2-5e58-11e6-89b2-57c51085495c.html

A group of 40 runners gathered under a tree, surrounding Franz Brueger, father of Alexandra “Ally” Brueger who was murdered nearby just one week ago. They laid caring hands on Franz as they all prayed.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp] The event was coordinated by the Facebook group, “Holly Area Runners.” The runners and walkers of all ages met Saturday afternoon at Rose Oaks County Park to honor the memory of Ally, and to show support for the family with a memorial run/walk on Fish Lake Road.

Speaking for the runners’ group was Anita Harless of Holly Township. “We’re on this road every week. How did we not know her? We had to finish a run for her,” she said after the event.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Another member of the runners’ group is Lacey Randall of Holly Township. She noted how often the group ran up and down this very dirt road.[/FONT]

Hmm, contemporaries which may stand in for Ally's general experiences regarding that area and particular space. This subculture would recognize shady behaviour esp in connection with certain vehicles: would be great to get a chance at picking their perspectives.

"When Ally’s death was announced, these runners were urged not to run here anymore by friends and family."

What, general local panic & overprotective concern, or tendency toward certain sorts of incidents over there? One event is hardly enough to warrant widespread panic... a pattern would.

"Some event attendees expressed concern at being on the road alone."

Again I ask... reactive afterthoughts to Ally's slaughter, or awareness of some shifty activity overall?

Hi Combatmedic,

Nikki had stated that prior to moving back home, Ally came and visited a lot. Were you working when she would go visit? If not, may I ask how often you joined Ally in visiting her parents home? I hope you don’t mind me asking, I would just like to have a full understanding of the dynamics between all of you.

“She went out that Saturday to run and she never came back and this poor dog doesn’t understand," Nikki said. "When he came to us in January, he had separation anxiety issues and even though Ally was living someplace else, she would come and visit often because she liked to spend time with us and the dog. When she moved back and she would leave for work or to go on runs, I would tell him, ‘Ally’s going, but she’ll come back.’ But she didn’t come home from that run and her car is out there and she’s not in it and she's not in her room. She’s missing and he doesn’t understand.”

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...killed-jogging-rose-township-mother/90785580/

As far as how Franz felt about me and our relationship...
Franz approached the topic the same way he approached everything else when it came to Ally’s life... he mostly just seemed to feel indifferent and uninterested. He never actually spoke to me in the same way that he and Ally almost never spoke.
He never asked in questions about me or about us. I mean the guy usually just watched tv in the living room, barely acknowledging Ally and I’s existence.
This never really offended me or anything, I know from everything Ally had told me about him that this is just the way he is.

RSBM for focus.

Thank you for answering my questions,

Reading the above (the part I bolded in particular), the impression I get is that you and Ally visited Franz and Nikki regularly. However, as others have posted, it has been reported you met Ally’s parents just once.

So if you were over at Franz’s and Nikki’s, did you ever witness any sort of argument, confrontation or a fight between Franz and Ally and/or Nikki?

Or is your information on what kind of relationship they had largely based on what Ally told you?

Also, as to the screenshots of text conversations you posted, the people you were talking to seem to agree with what you have said about Ally’s relationship with Franz. Do they know him personally, or is their opinion based on what they heard from Ally?

Thank you for posting this. It's good to have a different perspective on the family dynamics.
All quoted text (in italics) are from this article:
https://www.tctimes.com/news/new-details-revealed-on-crime-watch-daily-tv-episode/article_e5892014-23c7-11e8-9c28-c31bdea8f3d0.html

Combatmedic, would you share why you did not take part or share your thoughts on the Crime Watch Daily show ? Is lt that the newspaper where Miss Hogan works? You seem to have a good rapport with her....?

[FONT=&quot]The Times gave Wes Sutherland an opportunity to share his thoughts on the Crime Watch Daily episode. He did not, however, respond to the request.
[/FONT]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I just can’t find anything suspect in the father’s quiet, stern appearance (if that is how I understand some to describe it). I had an uncle whose parents came from European countries to the US, and my uncle was a very quiet man who seldom spoke but we all adored him. The relatives who came here from another country were often much more reserved and not as likely to voice opinions or emotions in those days. And relatives who came home from ‘Nam and were much more likely to hold back their feelings and became more withdrawn. I just see many reasons for Franz not to be a cuddly dad, but I suspect Ally knew whether he cared and loved her and her mom. just my thoughts, as usual.

All the friends who are quoted in articles, other than Wes, seem to accept Franz’ demeanor as “just how he was” and were not troubled by it. Why are none of those who disagree being interviewed/reported on?

This is a major sticking point for me.

Combatmedic,

have you ever been to the location Ally was shot? Or has any local here been there?

Thanks.
Nin

I will be in the area over the weekend (about a half hour away), so I will try to stop by. It will be a busy weekend, so no promises ;), but if I do make it, I will take some photos and post them on the thread on Monday.

Her dad was too old to flee the scene that quickly without him nor his car being spotted on the road.

Plus parental murders of an adult child always happens in the house for the most part.

So I doubt Franz is that quick and incognito to get away that quickly while his vehicle was never seen on the road but another car was.

g6Q1c6I.png

I will be in the area over the weekend (about a half hour away), so I will try to stop by. It will be a busy weekend, so no promises ;), but if I do make it, I will take some photos and post them on the thread on Monday.

It would be great, if you can make it, thank you. If not, I understand. Let me know please, what you hear (birds, trees etc.) and if it makes any noise, when walking or running over the dirt road. I am also interested in how the East side of the road across from the 11240 home looks. I see many bushes in the 2009 Google street view on that side, but less in the 2018 aerial sat capture.

-Nin

I would want to know if it is possible to go from Tyler lake road to Fish lake road through the woods without being seen.

Let me know if you can’t go or not able to make it and I’ll go check it out. I’m about an hour-ish away. I think lol. Maybe closer to two hours.

It would be great, if you can make it, thank you. If not, I understand. Let me know please, what you hear (birds, trees etc.) and if it makes any noise, when walking or running over the dirt road. I am also interested in how the East side of the road across from the 11240 home looks. I see many bushes in the 2009 Google street view on that side, but less in the 2018 aerial sat capture.

-Nin

I would want to know if it is possible to go from Tyler lake road to Fish lake road through the woods without being seen.

RBBM

Thanks for the pointers, Nin and black_squirrel. These are very helpful suggestions.

About the parts I bolded:

Nin: I will try to make a recording. They are forecasting rain for the area for tomorrow, like the day Ally was killed.

black_squirrel: I will have someone with me, so one of us will try to go into the woods while the other takes photos.

If anyone has any other request, please let me know.

ETA: If anyone has any suggestion on where to upload the recording and photos anonymously (I’ve used Google Drive, but even with all of the privacy settings turned on, I don’t feel entirely comfortable ...: Particularly with Ally’s killer still at large ...), please let me know.

Again. If her dad did it.

It would probably have been done on the property.

So I love your vocalness.

But was you seeing someone else during the time of, or around the murder?

Yes or no?

And if so. Do you still see or congregate with said person?

Thanks.

If Nickki knew you were on dating sites; Then that's because Ally told her that.

But you forget that sometimes a deranged hook up can lead to your fiances death as well without you knowing since the person could have been deranged without your knowledge.

So please state any possibles or move on from only her dad is the only one with motive theory that you like to display. Jmo.

Because you show everyones email that suspect Franz.

But no replies if you was seeing someone else during or immediately after the killing. Jmo.

So clear this up so we can move on.

If Nickki knew you were on dating sites; Then that's because Ally told her that.

But you forget that sometimes a deranged hook up can lead to your fiances death as well without you knowing since the person could have been deranged without your knowledge.

So please state any possibles or move on from only her dad is the only one with motive theory that you like to display. Jmo.

Because you show everyones email that suspect Franz.

But no replies if you was seeing someone else during or immediately after the killing. Jmo.

So clear this up so we can move on.

Thank you so much, DexterMorgan! That’s exactly how I was starting to feel but didn’t know how to say.

It’s time we start exploring other possibilities, and a possible love rival is a great place to start, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomgetty