GUILTY MI - Charlie Bothuell, 12, Detroit, 16 June 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A statement analyst would be all over this. I'm not a professional and I see a the contrived story between the two of them, as well as thought out "right" answers from the father and the repeated and unnecessary statements of innocence. Why tattle telling from MDB? She took a pic and sent it to the father? This poor boy.

Just a few things I picked up on.
A statement analyst would say this about the following", he does not know "exactly" what happened but he know most of what happened...His answer is weird and screams guilty.
DO YOU KNOW HOW CHARLIE CAME UP MISSING?
Father's answer: Since you highlighted the importance of “each word” being evaluated, factually and strictly speaking I have to answer “NO”! Because I do not know exactly what happened...

WOULD YOU LIKE TO CHANGE ANY OF THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDED?
Father's answer in part: Not that I can think of at the moment.

Meaning I reserve the right to change my lies.

I don't believe most of what either parent wrote, mostly the father who comes across as arrogant, a know-it-all, a bully. He goes out of his way to impress others with his over-the-top explanations for everything, and I recall how he was dressed-to-impress whenever he appeared in the media, including the Nancy Grace show, while young Charlie was missing. CBIV made an effort to come across as an expert on child-rearing and blathered on and on about how much he loved his son and wanted to find him. Funny thing is, when Mr. Bothuell and his wife were arrested and charged with child abuse and torture, CBIV relinquished his parental rights to the boy probably hoping the charges wouldn't stick if the boy was no longer his. Good luck with that! Neither parent is blameless in this, and their written statements suggest they collaborated on what each would say while attempting to exonerate themselves. Hopefully, young Charlie is doing better away from these monsters and will find some happiness and peace in the coming years. :moo:

Catching up here. Thanks all for posting. I wonder how Charlie is doing now with his mother? So many questions as to what is true and what isn't when you read dad's puffed-up report and Monique's "perfect mother" routine. I'm not buying either of them, for the most part.

Maybe Charlie was an awful child. Maybe he did try to burn the house down. Maybe, maybe, maybe... you still don't treat a child the way he was treated. The people in the world that are supposed to love you the most and protect you, use a PVC pipe on you. It truly sickens me.

Watching testimony of Sgt. Paul Pesmark who became lead investigator on the case.

Judge in Detroit boy-in-basement case moves closer to deciding if dad, stepmom go to trial

Charlie Bothuell testified his home was 'terrible place'

Published On: Jun 24 2015 06:20:15 AM EDT Updated 1 h

DETROIT -
A judge says it's the last day of a long hearing to determine whether the father and stepmom of a Detroit boy who was missing for 11 days will go to trial.

The search for Charlie Bothuell led to an investigation of his father, also named Charlie Bothuell, and Monique Dillard-Bothuell. They're charged with torture and child abuse.

The hearing resumes on Wednesday. Charlie, now 13, was found in the family's basement a year ago...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-deciding-if-dad-stepmom-go-to-trial/33745030

Testimony has concluded, and court is in recess until 1:00PM. Judge will allow brief closing arguments by both sides then make her ruling on whether or not case will proceed to trial. Judge has another case at 1:30 today and will not postpone or delay. I'll be back with update later.

Key hearing nears end in case of boy in basement

The Detroit News 7 a.m. EDT June 24, 2015

Detroit — The last scheduled day of testimony is underway Wednesday in the preliminary examination for the father and stepmother of a boy who went missing for 11 days last summer before being found in the basement of his home.

After eight days of testimony spread out over several months, 36th District Judge Shannon Holmes will determine if Charlie Bothuell V’s father and stepmother will go to trial...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2015/06/24/detroit-boy-basement/29203393/

WDIV live stream link indicates hearing will resume at 1:30PM. Maybe attorneys for the parties wanted more time for closing arguments. BBL

I will post something official as soon as it's available. Judge dismissed torture charges for both father and stepmother, but second degree child abuse charges stand. Bond reduced to $50K, tethers removed, and parents can see their biological children. Family Court must still decide on whether or not Mr. and Mrs. Bothuell will retain custody of their two biological children.

Judge in Detroit boy-in-basement case sends dad, stepmom to trial on child abuse

Charlie Bothuell testified his home was 'terrible place'

Published On: Jun 24 2015 06:20:15 AM EDT Updated 3 m

DETROIT -
The father and stepmom of a Detroit boy who was missing for 11 days will go to trial on child abuse charges.

The search for Charlie Bothuell led to an investigation of his father, also named Charlie Bothuell, and Monique Dillard-Bothuell.

Judge Shannon Holmes dropped a torture charge against the parents, but bound them over on second-degree child abuse...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-deciding-if-dad-stepmom-go-to-trial/33745030

Dad, stepmom of boy in basement to be tried for abuse

Oralandar Brand-Williams, The Detroit News 7 a.m. EDT June 24, 2015

Detroit — The father and the stepmother of a Detroit youngster who was found after being missing for 11 days have been bound over for trial on child abuse charges but had torture charges dropped.

Judge Shannon Holmes of 36th District Court pointed out “glaring” inconsistencies in the case such as the Charlie Bothuell V’s statements on the stand and hospital records that showed he was not malnourished.

Holmes also said she did not find there was “forcible confinement” or “restriction” of the youth while he was in the basement, where he was found nearly two weeks after he was reported missing...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2015/06/24/detroit-boy-basement/29203393/

Poor Charlie. I believe him and I do not believe them! Arrrgggghhhh! I am frustrated, I can't imagine how he feels. He must be terrified!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avatour360
Back