GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...Also, does this have anything to do with the case in this thread?

No, the Bloomfield Twp. "flasher" has nothing to do with this case. Let's keep this discussion about Chelsea Bruck :)

While I have mixed feelings about these displays, I do understand that people want to do something to remember our lost loved ones. I feel so bad for the property owners to have to see this on their property, though. The poor man did not appear to be in very good health already, and hope this does not cause him further anguish seeing it grow.
for the sake of sharing what is happening, I am posting a Twitter from the Toledo Blade crime reporter, R. Dunn.

Ryan Dunn
‏@RDunnBlade

Small memorial where Chelsea Bruck's body found. Deputies are driving in and out of area.

Also, I hope it doesn't stop him from building his house. I really think he should move on and get it finished.

I don't understand why there had to be a "special" vehicle involved in dumping Chelsea's body :waitasec: I honestly don't think the perp/s are smart enough to have gone to the trouble to rent, steal, or otherwise secure a vehicle to commit this horrendous crime. Whatever vehicle the perp/s drove to the Halloween bash is probably the vehicle that Chelsea got into thinking the guy/s would drive her home or to the friend's home with whom she rode to the party. If there is blood or other bodily fluids on upholstery in said vehicle, it is likely still there and will be found when a search warrant is sought for the vehicle. Until we know differently, I consider this a crime of opportunity and not a pre-planned murder. :moo:

I agree...so far, sound random to me. Unfortunately, Chelsea seems to have been on her own for a while. Again, much like Karen in Scotland, separated from her friends.

I wish to add my sincere condolences to Chelsea's friends and family. She reminds me so much of my best friend in high school, and her death was especially sad for me to where I needed to take a few days away from WS - I have had nightmares the last few nights about what may have happened to her. I can't imagine what her family must be going through, and suggest they maybe scroll past the rest of my post here.

I wanted to offer my wild speculation on how things may have went down now that I can type a coherent thought on this case.

Motive: I agree with roses that this was the work of a group and it was for "ritualistic" reasons, if not so much satanic as in perpetrating something they idealize, fantasize about or think would be 'rad' to experience. I see evidence of this ideation and disconnection with reality all over SM of individuals connected to the bands and to CB. I think back to my teenage days and the kind of guys I knew in high school who were guys in the emo band* and the 'fanboy' type younger kids that would do anything they said.

Opportunity: I think Chelsea was probably drugged or if she went willingly, she was lured by one of those band guys and his minions(including HB) to go 'hang out'. I think she would have jumped at the chance to get a band member's attention, or to go have fun with them (especially if she had been rufied or offered a ride or place to crash), as she seemed very 'starstruck' by the bands in this scene. HB and his friends, to me, seem like pawns with just enough dysfunction to go along with a nefarious plan such as a gang rape. I am not sure if murder was a plan everyone shared, but I do think more than one person was present when it happened, and it may have even been a dare or a situation where the weakest person was made to do it to ensure he never tattles on everyone. I think it is possible HB is the least guilty and, if involved, may be the one that flips first as he has already tried to tell the police something. He is also the least creepy and disturbed of the "group" IMO.

Clothing: It seems obvious to me why she was found unclothed, and I won't go into detail on my speculation there, but the comment about evidence at the scene pointing to homicide does make me think they found blood in the soil or that a murder weapon was found (ie rock, etc)

How the two sites are connected: When I was a kid, we walked the train tracks near my home a lot and became familiar stomping grounds. They were remote, mostly untravelled, and probably had an unconscious 'hard' magnetism of where you go when you're a young derelict, especially when a bridge was involved (excellent drinking and graffiti spot). I see this as a bunch of dope fiend kids* being really stupid and taking something they are not experienced in too far, and dealing with it in a very messy way, hence the found clothing (the state of which we were never told, so it could be partially burned or had been inside or under something) and the short distance to the dump site. I do think something bad happened at the industrial site - my thought is that LE is pretty sure she was killed in the woods because of the evidence (rock, blood etc) so the rape (and I am positive there was one) probably occurred at the industrial site and CB was taken to the dump site and 'finished off'. Thankfully I don't believe she was conscious at that point.

May justice be swift.

*(for anyone new or not following closely, I am referring to one of the other party bands, not BM's)

WDIV 6:00 report: Mrs. Bruck attended Mass at their parish church, St. Joseph in Maybee, on Sunday. Mostly everyone in the church was crying, but Mrs. Bruck stayed strong and spoke briefly about there being "good people and evil people".

okay...I'm just throwing this out there. Is it at all possible that the "attack" was in Flat Rock where costume was ripped off her and she escaped and ran to where her body was found, he, they caught up with her and in heat of moment hit her with rock killing her? THAT would mean that perp ran after her and left his car in Flat Rock...no coming down railroad tracks, no vehicle needed, no moving body, etc. and he walked/ran back to his car. I say this because

1. The cops keep talking about evidence found on costume....could it be semen? That would need DNA analysis and would indicate 1 of 2 things....she was either assaulted there and she escaped, running TOWARDS home, or after he caught up and murdered her in Carelton and then threw costume away?? What for? Why bother? Especially if he left murder weapon where her body was covered in her/his DNA...why take PART of a costume and dump it?
2. Think outside the box and imagine he took her up to a deserted, industrial area (perfect for rape), perhaps incapacitated her, ripped her costume, or at least a piece of it, off so he could rape and somehow she comes to, or comes around where she has a chance to RUN. Pitch black, traumatized, in shock, maybe under influence of something, and she just blindly ran. He caught up to her and killed her where she stood.
3. The two points, where her costume was found and where body was found, are approx. 5-6 miles using Telegraph Road. What is the REAL distance between 2 spots as the crow flies?? Can someone give me the answer to that? I was lucky to figure out the distance I did :).
4. This is only a theory on my part....I have been traumatized, and in shock, and you really are unaware of things right in front of you. You are in an animalistic mode of ESCAPE. Yes, some people have it all together where they find a house, but others will run right BY a house and not even see it.

Second Scenario....rape/assault of a drugged or incapacitated Chelsea takes place at industrial area and they are taking her BACK towards home. She comes to and bails out of car and runs. They/he bails out of car (logistically on Telegraph Rd) runs her down and picks up a rock and that is it. If she bailed out of car and ran straight thru those woods on property....would eliminate the need for what type of vehicle got back there..one DIDN't because they left it on side of road to chase her down.

Just makes no sense to me that costume was PAST the site of body.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Deer+Creek+Dr,+Flat+Rock,+MI+48134/Briar+Hill+Rd,+Carleton,+MI+48117/@42.0903959,-83.350092,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x883b40cba5bd075b:0x1175a52472985454!2m2!1d-83.2758832!2d42.1149182!1m5!1m1!1s0x883b4233ed658687:0x14236c8640d54dac!2m2!1d-83.3545223!2d42.0810293!3e0

JMO...It just makes no sense at all to me that clothes were found where they were found and then she was murdered where she was murdered. I think this crime was all about rape and unfortunately turned to spontaneous murder when she ran..

Thank you. Then he quickly ended the subject like he didn't want to talk or tell how they got in. But he did make it clear that THEY DID NOT COME THROUGH THE GATE OR THE DRIVEWAY!

They accessed the area through the train tracks some how.

I didn't hear it the same way. The way I was understanding is that the person would have had to had access to the key to unlock the gate - but also the bow hunter friend was not a suspect and neither was the property owner (or his wife). He seemed to say they could not have gotten in via the back way, due to the woods.

Just what I took away from that. Different possibilities for sure -

okay...I'm just throwing this out there. Is it at all possible that the "attack" was in Flat Rock where costume was ripped off her and she escaped and ran to where her body was found, he, they caught up with her and in heat of moment hit her with rock killing her? THAT would mean that perp ran after her and left his car in Flat Rock...no coming down railroad tracks, no vehicle needed, no moving body, etc. and he walked/ran back to his car. I say this because...

The distance between Flat Rock where the costume pieces were found and the Carleton site where the body was found is several miles. I doubt Chelsea would have been able to run that distance after being assaulted. The member who's put together maps of the key locations involved in Chelsea's disappearance will probably know the exact distance, but I feel safe in saying that it's not running distance.

JMO...It just makes no sense at all to me that clothes were found where they were found and then she was murdered where she was murdered. I think this crime was all about rape and unfortunately turned to spontaneous murder when she ran..

RSBM

I would love to believe this, because it means she had a fighting chance.

But her body was found completely naked. Applying the simplest explanation given what we know, that tells me her clothes were removed at the speculated rape location (potential bio evidence) while she was incapacitated or restrained. It is reasonable to consider that the entire act occurred in the woods and she was killed there, then her clothing dumped elsewhere, but that raises more questions for me than the rape occuring at the industrial site (which, to me, has plenty of evdence of being a popular squat/drug/hangout) and her body being dumped somewhere in the opposite direction but down a less-travelled path (the tracks). I don't think the crime has to be a perfect breadcrumb trail that ends at the trailer park ykwim

I didn't hear it the same way. The way I was understanding is that the person would have had to had access to the key to unlock the gate - but also the bow hunter friend was not a suspect and neither was the property owner (or his wife). He seemed to say they could not have gotten in via the back way, due to the woods.

Just what I took away from that. Different possibilities for sure -

Yes I'm confused about this as well. I believe suspect(s) drove in along the railroad tracts along the gravel trail.

My newer theory:

After taking a fresher look at the situation. I think CB may have been driven to this location by the killer(s). Parked there by the Railroad Tracks, she may have escaped from the vehicle, and ran down the big driveway thinking that there would be a house there where she could seek help. The killer(s) could have then chased her to the location where her remains were found.

image.jpg

The distance between Flat Rock where the costume pieces were found and the Carleton site where the body was found is several miles. I doubt Chelsea would have been able to run that distance after being assaulted. The member who's put together maps of the key locations involved in Chelsea's disappearance will probably know the exact distance, but I feel safe in saying that it's not running distance.

Yes, 5.5 miles as the crow flies, or along the tracks, but 6.9 by road. Thanks for asking. I have yet to see a news report that gets any distance right. The distance from the site, where her body was discovered, to the Halloween party at which she was last seen is 6.8 miles, straight line, and about 8.9 miles by road.

I wish to add my sincere condolences to Chelsea's friends and family. She reminds me so much of my best friend in high school, and her death was especially sad for me to where I needed to take a few days away from WS - I have had nightmares the last few nights about what may have happened to her. I can't imagine what her family must be going through, and suggest they maybe scroll past the rest of my post here.

I wanted to offer my wild speculation on how things may have went down now that I can type a coherent thought on this case.

Motive: I agree with roses that this was the work of a group and it was for "ritualistic" reasons, if not so much satanic as in perpetrating something they idealize, fantasize about or think would be 'rad' to experience. I see evidence of this ideation and disconnection with reality all over SM of individuals connected to the bands and to CB. I think back to my teenage days and the kind of guys I knew in high school who were guys in the emo band* and the 'fanboy' type younger kids that would do anything they said.

Opportunity: I think Chelsea was probably drugged or if she went willingly, she was lured by one of those band guys and his minions(including HB) to go 'hang out'. I think she would have jumped at the chance to get a band member's attention, or to go have fun with them (especially if she had been rufied or offered a ride or place to crash), as she seemed very 'starstruck' by the bands in this scene. HB and his friends, to me, seem like pawns with just enough dysfunction to go along with a nefarious plan such as a gang rape. I am not sure if murder was a plan everyone shared, but I do think more than one person was present when it happened, and it may have even been a dare or a situation where the weakest person was made to do it to ensure he never tattles on everyone. I think it is possible HB is the least guilty and, if involved, may be the one that flips first as he has already tried to tell the police something. He is also the least creepy and disturbed of the "group" IMO.

Clothing: It seems obvious to me why she was found unclothed, and I won't go into detail on my speculation there, but the comment about evidence at the scene pointing to homicide does make me think they found blood in the soil or that a murder weapon was found (ie rock, etc)

How the two sites are connected: When I was a kid, we walked the train tracks near my home a lot and became familiar stomping grounds. They were remote, mostly untravelled, and probably had an unconscious 'hard' magnetism of where you go when you're a young derelict, especially when a bridge was involved (excellent drinking and graffiti spot). I see this as a bunch of dope fiend kids* being really stupid and taking something they are not experienced in too far, and dealing with it in a very messy way, hence the found clothing (the state of which we were never told, so it could be partially burned or had been inside or under something) and the short distance to the dump site. I do think something bad happened at the industrial site - my thought is that LE is pretty sure she was killed in the woods because of the evidence (rock, blood etc) so the rape (and I am positive there was one) probably occurred at the industrial site and CB was taken to the dump site and 'finished off'. Thankfully I don't believe she was conscious at that point.

May justice be swift.

*(for anyone new or not following closely, I am referring to one of the other party bands, not BM's)

Thank you very much Vail, for taking the time to pull this together and express it all so well and clearly, now, with the way you feel.

RSBM

I would love to believe this, because it means she had a fighting chance.

But her body was found completely naked. Applying the simplest explanation given what we know, that tells me her clothes were removed at the speculated rape location (potential bio evidence) while she was incapacitated or restrained. It is reasonable to consider that the entire act occurred in the woods and she was killed there, then her clothing dumped elsewhere, but that raises more questions for me than the rape occuring at the industrial site (which, to me, has plenty of evdence of being a popular squat/drug/hangout) and her body being dumped somewhere in the opposite direction but down a less-travelled path (the tracks). I don't think the crime has to be a perfect breadcrumb trail that ends at the trailer park ykwim

just throwing this out there - probably not related at all Crime happens so do fires!
On Sunday - Fire crews responded to a barn fire 7AM the morning after the official PC - it was a total loss including pickup truck & ATV -it is far from the tracks but I think it looks closer to the discovery than the Easter search -

fire cb.jpg

Not arson - owner says it was caused by space heater & it did get cold

One thing I'd like to point out to you guys is: I realize there might be more than one suspect involved in this crime. But, when listening to the PC, I heard the Sheriff use the praise "THE KILLER." Also when he said this he seemed to magnify the word "THE", meaning that he MIGHT THINK there is only one perpetrator responsible for this crime. I know he did make other references to they or these suspects in other forms, but I'm just saying that there is a good possibility that there is one lone perpetrator that murdered CB.

I know when I write stuff I say stuff like "SUSPECT(s)," meaning that as far as I'm concerned there could be more than one.

But as far as a Devil worshiping cult or anything like that, I highly disagree.

just throwing this out there - probably not related at all Crime happens so do fires!
On Sunday - Fire crews responded to a barn fire 7AM the morning after the official PC - it was a total loss including pickup truck & ATV -it is far from the tracks but I think it looks closer to the discovery than the Easter search -

View attachment 73953

Not arson - owner says it was caused by space heater & it did get cold

Make sure you link to the article when you post info like this, if you can. I am not sure where you got this, but here is a link to the barn fire in Exeter Twp.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015/apr/27/fire-destroys-exeter-barn/?police-and-fire

Yes, 5.5 miles as the crow flies, or along the tracks, but 6.9 by road. Thanks for asking. I have yet to see a news report that gets any distance right. The distance from the site, where her body was discovered, to the Halloween party at which she was last seen is 6.8 miles, straight line, and about 8.9 miles by road.

The distance from the Flat Rock site (where costume pieces, other items found) to Chelsea's home in Maybee is a long distance, as well, if she was trying to find her way home. In the wee hours, dark rural fields/roads, sans clothing and shoes (I suspect), possibly intoxicated and/or drugged, clumsy (per sister-in-law's description), injured (possibly bleeding), traumatized by an assault, I just don't see Chelsea having been able to run for a long distance under the circumstances.

ETA: Without directions for a specific destination, distance from Flat Rock to Maybee is approximately 20 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413