GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was killed where her body was found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think we know that for sure, I was thinking she was just dumped there. I've heard conflicting stories, we probably won't know for sure until the trial I guess.

OK, now I am really confused as to whether it has ever been positively stated where the murder took place. I have been searching and so far this is the only article with any mention of the murder site, and this implies it was where the costume was found: (BBM)

Earlier this month, and approximately 10 miles away from where the remains were discovered today, Bruck’s Poison Ivy costume was found at an industrial site. Visible evidence was detected on the clothing, according to Sheriff Dale Malone of Monroe County, who added that based on findings at the site, it appears as though Bruck was murdered either there or somewhere nearby.
http://guardianlv.com/2015/04/monroe-county-body-is-chelsea-bruck-missing-since-halloween/

OK, now I am really confused as to whether it has ever been positively stated where the murder took place. I have been searching and so far this is the only article with any mention of the murder site, and this implies it was where the costume was found: (BBM)

Earlier this month, and approximately 10 miles away from where the remains were discovered today, Bruck’s Poison Ivy costume was found at an industrial site. Visible evidence was detected on the clothing, according to Sheriff Dale Malone of Monroe County, who added that based on findings at the site, it appears as though Bruck was murdered either there or somewhere nearby.
http://guardianlv.com/2015/04/monroe-county-body-is-chelsea-bruck-missing-since-halloween/

Talk about vague.
I didn't remember a definitive location where the murder took place.

You got it - the press conference is the only mention of where the murder took place - and Sheriff Malone stated he believes CB was killed either at or near where her body was located.

And also to throw this out there - I keep seeing on here where people are assuming the body was buried. I recall a news report around the time that the body was located stating that LE would not confirm if the remains were buried or not.

I guess I've always pictured this as just a place where the body was dumped since it was so close to the train tracks.

You got it - the press conference is the only mention of where the murder took place - and Sheriff Malone stated he believes CB was killed either at or near where her body was located.

And also to throw this out there - I keep seeing on here where people are assuming the body was buried. I recall a news report around the time that the body was located stating that LE would not confirm if the remains were buried or not.

I guess I've always pictured this as just a place where the body was dumped since it was so close to the train tracks.

This is just guessing. She wAs found by a construction crew. I think she was surprisingly unearthed while they were digging.
A miracle in itself.

Thanks Jupiter.... I haven't totally lost my mind yet. I have my doubts she was actually buried, covered up with something perhaps.

Someone pointed out this editorial from the Blade (Toledo paper). What caught my eye was it says she was covered with branches. I am quite sure that has never been reported in any media I have seen but it does make more sense. However, from what we have been told, I am assuming the author made a guess. http://www.toledoblade.com/Editorials/2016/07/29/Responding-to-evil.html

Thanks Jupiter.... I haven't totally lost my mind yet. I have my doubts she was actually buried, covered up with something perhaps.

Someone pointed out this editorial from the Blade (Toledo paper). What caught my eye was it says she was covered with branches. I am quite sure that has never been reported in any media I have seen but it does make more sense. However, from what we have been told, I am assuming the author made a guess. http://www.toledoblade.com/Editorials/2016/07/29/Responding-to-evil.html

Wow this is a great article! Thank you for posting - I haven't seen this one yet. Hmmm very interesting about the branches. That's pretty specific information!

Talk about vague.
I didn't remember a definitive location where the murder took place.

IIRC police stated that Chelsea was killed where her body was found. i will try to find a source later when I am on a computer. (Im in an airplane now)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello! I've been following Chelsea's case since it first aired on NG 2 years ago. After hearing her story I couldn't stop thinking about it and starting researching and found this forum. This is my first time posting since being a long time lurker [emoji51]. That being said, I have some ideas about how they met, just opinions though. I follow her on Tumblr and have looked all the way through her shares. A few of her posts are very sexual and some are even specific to a certain type of sexual preference. What if she had an app to find people that were looking for someone with similar likes in that area? That still means that DC would be a stranger but maybe instead of a chance encounter it was like, hey, I'll be here tonight dressed like poison ivy.
I in no way have any proof, this is just something that I have thought for awhile. It would make sense as to why she turned down rides from her friends.

[emoji266]

Hello! I've been following Chelsea's case since it first aired on NG 2 years ago. After hearing her story I couldn't stop thinking about it and starting researching and found this forum. This is my first time posting since being a long time lurker [emoji51]. That being said, I have some ideas about how they met, just opinions though. I follow her on Tumblr and have looked all the way through her shares. A few of her posts are very sexual and some are even specific to a certain type of sexual preference. What if she had an app to find people that were looking for someone with similar likes in that area? That still means that DC would be a stranger but maybe instead of a chance encounter it was like, hey, I'll be here tonight dressed like poison ivy.
I in no way have any proof, this is just something that I have thought for awhile. It would make sense as to why she turned down rides from her friends.

[emoji266]

:welcome: to Websleuths!

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the Bruck family," Malone said at a news conference. He released few details of the case but said, "evidence at the scene indicated it was a homicide."

"In all likelihood, the crime was committed at or near where the body was located," he said.
So I do think that Chelsea was killed some place close to where her body was found. Malone is cited her saying this, and generally the Detroit Free Press is reliable (more reliable than other local newspapers, and a lot more reliable than the local TV stations, IMO). I think the other news article quoted earlier was trying to say the same, but it was clumsily and ambiguously formulated.

I think there are two main scenarios:

1. Chelsea first went to the Flat Rock location with Clay. Then they went to the Carleton location where she was killed. In that case she would have lost some of her clothes at the deserted area in Flat Rock. Perhaps Chelsea agreed to go to Flat Rock first before going home. Once there he may have assaulted her. From there he drove her home, but she threatened to go to police.Driving from Flat Rock to Maybee one would pass Carleton. So at the railroad crossing Clay surprised Chelsea and drove off on the driveway next to the railroad and killed her. I think he hit her with a rock, but he may have strangled her first. But the main question in this scenario is: Why did they go to Flat Rock? If they were looking for a private spot, I am sure there would be plenty of possible locations. Was a co-conspirator living in Flat Rock? Or did they just have to drop someone there?

2. Chelsea and Clay drove to the train tracks location in Carleton. There she was murdered, but probably assaulted first. Perhaps she did not go along with everything he wanted, and he strangled her in a rage. Then he hit her with a rock (or other object) when she appeared unconscious or dead. Then he took all clothes and dropped some of the clothes in the Flat Rock location. But the big question is: Why? Was he trying to get rid of evidence? If so, why would he keep some of the clothes? I speculate that he kept all the clothes, and then, when "hero guy" was in the news, he hid some of the clothes near the trailer where "hero guy" lives.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...oe-identified-missing-chelsea-bruck/26382573/

I think her clothes and personal effects were divided amongst the miscreants who participated in her murder, and that is why some of them ended up elsewhere. Purely speculation. As you can tell, I am still holding to my speculation of accomplices.

I really don't think this is something that DC planned out. I am assuming, but he really doesn't look like much of a "thinker". Smokes dope all the time and doesn't care to work, doesn't even care to have his own form of transportation. Just a bum.
I really feel empathetic towards Chelsea in her last moments with this monster. Even if the sex was consensual at first, things took a violent turn and this girls life was taken by a pathetic excuse for a man.
I hope and pray with every ounce of my being that DC gets up the courage to just lay it out and say exactly what happened. That sort of closure for Chelsea, her family and his family would be exactly what everyone needs.

[emoji266]

I believe a lot of what the discredited "hero" and blogger have said. It rings true. I think she was spotted as a wandering lamb, and snatched against her will.

I really don't think this is something that DC planned out. I am assuming, but he really doesn't look like much of a "thinker". Smokes dope all the time and doesn't care to work, doesn't even care to have his own form of transportation. Just a bum.
I really feel empathetic towards Chelsea in her last moments with this monster. Even if the sex was consensual at first, things took a violent turn and this girls life was taken by a pathetic excuse for a man.
I hope and pray with every ounce of my being that DC gets up the courage to just lay it out and say exactly what happened. That sort of closure for Chelsea, her family and his family would be exactly what everyone needs.

[emoji266]
I think DC went to the party with a plan, but I am not sure exactly what his plan was. Police said that he went to the party to pick up some girl. I bet he was hoping to take advantage of some girl who is too intoxicated to resist him. As far as I know, nobody saw him talking to Chelsea (unless DC is the sketch guy, but I think he is not). This may mean that he did not want to be seen with his victim at the party because he had an evil plan (and he may even have abducted her). The fact that he kept Chelsea's clothes also makes me wonder. He could have easily gotten rid of this evidence. The fact that he kept it suggests that this may have been a thrill kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BootsMinor