MI MI - Danyese LaClair 32, Burton, 24 April 2000

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Brotherfudz

Reaction score
Recently featured on Cold Justice, Danyese left work as a clerk at McLaren Regional Medical Center to head home for the night around 11 p.m.

In the early morning hours of April 24, 2000, her husbands red 1989 Chevy Cavalier (which she drove to work that evening) was found at the local post office. She went there after work to drop off some Easter cards, the post office is located directly across the street from the local Police Station.

The vehicles driver’s door was found swung open, window half open, headlights on, right turn signal left blinking.

A half mile away, her pile of clothes was found lying in an open field approximately 20 feet from a doctors office around 11:30 a.m. the same morning.

Danyese’s body was found further out in the same field clad only in her trench coat and underwear near a tree line.

They have DNA in the case, it does not match her husbands or any other POI at this time.

Last edited:
This sure looks like a stranger abduction. Seems like the male's ring found with the pile of clothes is a big clue. The police should have had pictures of that everywhere back then, but somebody might recognize it as something a male they knew wore. Look at any attacks in the area during that time period for people to test for a DNA match.

I don't understand why if they have a y-str dna profile to work with why they can't use it with CODIS or any of the genealogical dna websites. Kelly Siegler specifically stated they could not upload it to any of these sites. Is this because there is a specific criteria that has to be followed in order to use these websites; such as having a specific suspect in mind?

I also feel whomever abducted may have been stalking her, knew her pattern of behavior, and was waiting for the right opportunity to grab her. I wonder if she ever had any patients that she interacted with that may have misinterpreted her friendliness as flirting and could have also made a pass at her & been rejected.

I just watched the Cold Justice episode. It really is a bit bizarre. Interesting her purse was gone. I wonder if there is a financial bit to the case as in pay date timing.

I don't understand why if they have a y-str dna profile to work with why they can't use it with CODIS or any of the genealogical dna websites. Kelly Siegler specifically stated they could not upload it to any of these sites. Is this because there is a specific criteria that has to be followed in order to use these websites; such as having a specific suspect in mind?

I also feel whomever abducted may have been stalking her, knew her pattern of behavior, and was waiting for the right opportunity to grab her. I wonder if she ever had any patients that she interacted with that may have misinterpreted her friendliness as flirting and could have also made a pass at her & been rejected.
MOO but genealogy sites base matches on the X chromosome comparison. Y chromosomes are only found in males so only comparing Y chromosomes would greatly limit the comparisons to the male population only.

MOO but genealogy sites base matches on the X chromosome comparison. Y chromosomes are only found in males so only comparing Y chromosomes would greatly limit the comparisons to the male population only.
thanks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back