GUILTY MI - Egypt Covington, 27, found murdered in her home, Belleville, 23 June 2017 *arrests in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Egypt is also survived by her significant other, Curtis Meadows of Belleville. I see that, but was that who she was with Thursday night at the Wheat and Rye in Romulus, MI?
I don't believe so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2017/06/fatally_shot_belleville_area_w.html

Egypt Covington was found dead of a gunshot wound to the head in her Van Buren Township home on the evening of Friday, June 23.
She was last seen the previous night, when she went out with a friend, officials said. She also texted her stepmother, Kristin Covington, about getting off their family phone plan, and texted her siblings about wanting a French Bulldog puppy and a photo of her niece.

"What was she thinking 30 seconds before?" Chuck Covington said. "What was she going through 30 seconds before - 15 second before? Was she crying out for dad or mom?

Her mother, Tina Covington, 57, of the Ypsilanti area, said having to see her slain daughter's body was horrible and the devastation has made her physically sick.
Still, she at least has good memories of her daughter, she said.

The memorial gathering was previously scheduled for 1 p.m. Saturday, July 1 at Fraser's Pub in Ann Arbor, where Egypt Covington previously worked, but has been moved to a larger space at Arbor Brewing Company Microbrewery at 720 Norris St. in Ypsilanti, due to the overwhelming response from those she knew, family said.
Numerous notes from loved ones have been difficult to keep up with, but Chuck and Kristin Covington said they read everything sent to them about their daughter.

This is incredibly sad. My heart goes out to Egypt and her family.

I wonder if LE has looked into her SO. I hate thinking that way, but my gut always points fingers to what could be the obvious - regardless of whether they are innocent.

No one has been named a POI or suspect in Egypt's murder yet. Please do not sleuth her boyfriend or anyone in her family unless and until LE names one of them as a POI or suspect.

Thank you!

<modsnip> I'm not personally connected here but I'm am very connected with the area though I don't live there now I have hundreds of friends in the area. Though I wasn't friends with Egypt I did meet her through a friend she worked with at the Bayou, and I also met her again at a house party after closing in 2012. I feel like I'm going to know who it was and it's picking at me. I hate this for her and her family. So sad to such a great person have this happen to them.

I saw Egypt's obituary in The Detroit News the past two days. I noticed that Ms. Covington passed "suddenly" but had no idea she was a crime victim. So sad. Beautiful lady with a beautiful name. Rest in peace, Egypt, and I pray there will be justice for you and your family. :rose:

<modsnip> I'm not personally connected here but I'm am very connected with the area though I don't live there now I have hundreds of friends in the area. Though I wasn't friends with Egypt I did meet her through a friend she worked with at the Bayou, and I also met her again at a house party after closing in 2012. I feel like I'm going to know who it was and it's picking at me. I hate this for her and her family. So sad to such a great person have this happen to them.

Just a friendly FYI: Be careful what you post about anyone other than Egypt. We are not allowed to sleuth anyone who is not identified as a suspect by LE, or in acceptable media reports.

I do wonder who she was with her last night, and who found her; the same person, or different?

I don't know about you guys but people don't come over my house to check in me at 27 years old.

I don't know about you guys but people don't come over my house to check in me at 27 years old.

I have friends pop over almost every day. Just to say hi etc... she seems to have been a very out going friendly woman. I don't find it odd a friend popped over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not on Hull rd in Belleville. Maybe downtown Belleville. I'm GUESSING maybe someone was trying to get a hold of her all day, and without any thought of the possibility that something had happened, they came over to see why she wasn't responding. Scenario: she went out Thursday night and went home Thursday night with someone, and the other someone she was telling she needed a break from was blowing up her phone and then finally went over there to find her dead not knowing who she even went out with the night before...

Not on Hull rd in Belleville. Maybe downtown Belleville. I'm GUESSING maybe someone was trying to get a hold of her all day, and without any thought of the possibility that something had happened, they came over to see why she wasn't responding. Scenario: she went out Thursday night and went home Thursday night with someone, and the other someone she was telling she needed a break from was blowing up her phone and then finally went over there to find her dead not knowing who she even went out with the night before...

I could see that scenario.

New details released. The boyfriend found her and called the police.

(I thought this was a new article but seems it is an hour old. I didn't see anyone else post it yet, but sorry if it's a repeat. )

"Covington's boyfriend was the person who found her shot to death inside her home. He walked into the house and found her and ran out and called police," family member Tina Covington said."
"Police said there was no struggle, so they believe Egypt Covington knew the person who did this to her very well."

"She was 5 (feet) 10 (inches), and she worked out every day," Tina Covington said. "She could bench 200 pounds, so she can fight, and that's what we don't get."
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...nship-woman-mysteriously-murdered-in-her-home

It makes sense that the boyfriend would go over there after he couldn't get a hold of her all day. If she wasn't out with him the night before then who was she with? I still can't find anything on the BF anywhere on the web...no clue who the guy is.

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2017/07/brewery_honors_slain_bellevill.html

"A ******** account has raised nearly $16,000 for a memorial fund. Covington's friend Linnie Briley said they'll erect a plaque for Covington at her favorite place, Crosswinds Marsh in Sumpter Township.

Of the rest, they'll give 25 percent to Dragonfly Rescue in honor of Covington's love for animals and 25 percent of Safe House Center of Ann Arbor, a shelter for women who are victims of domestic violence.

The other half will go toward the Egypt Covington Music Scholarship, an annual $500 scholarship for students studying music at Belleville High School."

$16,000 to plaque at Crosswinds Marsh, because this was EC's favorite place.

50% of the remainder to music scholarship, because EC liked music and was a singer.

25% of the remainder to Dragonfly Rescue, because EC liked animals.

25% of the remainder to Safe House Center. But why? Was this a cause that EC cared particularly about? Or is there perhaps
a suspicion, at least in EC's friend LB who set up the ********, that her murder is related to domestic violence? Is there a suspicion that
a current or former boyfriend might be involved?

Her IG reminds me of Danielle Stislicki's. funny, pretty, charming. Very fit. She did crossfit. Wonder if she was a runner. Hines Drive perhaps? [emoji848] about 20ish miles away.

Very nice memorials for Egypt over the weekend. I love the beer being named in her honor I hope it goes "viral" in the beer world. For those close to Egypt: The killer is amongst us. For those reading into this case: LB's announcement that 25% of the donations would go to Domestics violence and Sexual Assualt victims was no coincidence. <modsnip>

Her IG reminds me of Danielle Stislicki's. funny, pretty, charming. Very fit. She did crossfit. Wonder if she was a runner. Hines Drive perhaps? [emoji848] about 20ish miles away.

I don't see a similarity at all. This appears to have a personal connection. Jmo.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

There was no force entry, no signs of a struggle that means she knew her killer. That means her killer was probably someone she had a relationship with (Man or Woman these days you don't need to specify). Because the killer had "Relations" with her that makes any violence "Domestic" Violence. Obviously the Family and Friends that have spoken on record have abided the request from the police by not devulging keys that would tip off a suspect to the progress police are making. That way the suspect is liable to make a mistake. However being emotionally torn and wanting to screem out the person you think did you as a broken family member or friend start slipping out little things like "25% of the donations with go to Ann Arbor HOUSE FOR DOMESTIC Violence victims", and how about the parents doing an interview where they said it was the SO that found her dead at exactly 7:15pm and ran out of the house and called the police. At exactly 7:15pm, they keep repeating that everywhere as if someone thinks it to be odd someone showed up at exactly 7:15pm. It's not hard to tell what people think or at least who they think did it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grimlockedin
Back