GUILTY MI - Egypt Covington, 27, found murdered in her home, Belleville, 23 June 2017 *arrests in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hundreds toast Van Buren Twp. woman found slain in home

Van Buren Police Detective Lt. Charles Bazzy said the case is being investigated as a homicide.

“We’ve narrowed down our scope,” he said. “We do not believe this is a random crime. We are working diligently to solve the crime.”

On Saturday, family and friends crowded the brewpub to celebrate her life with brews and stories.

Covington, 27, had a passion for beer and wine, so it’s fitting that in her honor, Arbor Brewing Company Microbrewery endorsed the creation of a new beer: A Girl Named Egypt.

Brewery honors slain Belleville-area woman with namesake beer

The owners of the brewery gathered with Covington's family to discuss how they could honor her and came up with the idea of her own brew.

She was an account manager for beer and wine distributor Rave Associates.

The plan for the beer is in the early stages, but Arbor Brewing Company will seek input about what kind of beer it should be, Lack said.

It'll be available to the public on her birthday, July 19. Lack said the day will become an annual event for her friends and family to gather and celebrate her life.

Celebration of life held for slain Belleville woman

Nearly 500 people came out to Arbor Brewing Company in Ypsilanti on Saturday, all to celebrate the life of Egypt Covington.

The investigation into her death continues, with police saying they have received several tips, but still have yet to make an arrest. However, police say they believe the person who murdered her must have known her.

Van Buren Police Detective Lt. Charles Bazzy said the case is being investigated as a homicide.

“We’ve narrowed down our scope,” he said. “We do not believe this is a random crime. We are working diligently to solve the crime.”

On Saturday, family and friends crowded the brewpub to celebrate her life with brews and stories.

Covington, 27, had a passion for beer and wine, so it’s fitting that in her honor, Arbor Brewing Company Microbrewery endorsed the creation of a new beer: A Girl Named Egypt.

BBM
"we've narrowed down our scope". I wonder if that means they have a possible POI in mind. I do hope this does not take months or years to solve.

BBM
"we've narrowed down our scope". I wonder if that means they have a possible POI in mind. I do hope this does not take months or years to solve.

I think (and hope) that they have a POI in mind. It may take a while to collect enough evidence. If the murderer knew the victim well,
then DNA and fingerprints at the crime scene don't prove anything, but there may be other ways of getting supportive physical evidence (besides circumstancial evidence).

BBM

People come up with such wonderful ways of honoring those who have touched their hearts. :heartbeat:

Has there been any new info from LE?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Bump and prayers for Egypt. Gone but not forgotten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump and prayers for Egypt. Gone but not forgotten.

Do you know if they have any leads?

I have heard/seen nothing since her memorial services... :tears:

JMO...<modsnip> The truth will come out. Prayers for her family and loved ones.

JMO...<modsnip>The truth will come out. Prayers for her family and loved ones.

Sad. Just sad. [emoji174]

I keep seeing a billboard for her on 94 by the airport the past few weeks. Glad to see it.

I keep seeing a billboard for her on 94 by the airport the past few weeks. Glad to see it.

I seen one yesterday on I 96 west!

I was traveling to Ohio in October and saw a couple billboards for Egypt. Someone needs to step up and speak up!

I am saddened that there had been nothing new in so long. Glad to see some are still here for her and her family.

I believe more things may come to the surface once DNA is returned. Right now Wayne County is running about 5-6 months to get results back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanamburga
Back