MI - Former US Gymnastics Doctor Larry Nassar Charged With CSA *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
have not followed this until today and listening to judge Aqualina and have to say I am so impressed with this woman...I mean have never seen a judge this thoughtful and articulate. She was perfect for this. I also appreciated her very timely mention of her "immigrant" status.

For personal reasons, this case has been too difficult for me to follow here. I have taken it in by snippets and words of all these amazing survivors. I don't believe I've ever witnessed such collective bravery in one room. They got the judge they needed. He got the sentence he deserved under the law. (There is no sentence firm enough, but this will do.) I am horrified at USA Gymnastics and MSU, but not surprised.

I hope all these wonderful ladies that gave their statements, and the ones who did not, can heal from all that he destroyed. Thanks to everyone who updated here.

These crimes happen in sports all over the world. I hope this the beginning of a movement to stop predators and protect innocent people.

I wonder what the true number of victims/survivors is. Guess we may never know but those who spoke were heard.

I wonder what the true number of victims/survivors is. Guess we may never know but those who spoke were heard.

I would expect there to be hundreds and possibly thousands. He had access to so many girls.

I do not know how this wasn't highly talked about. The years of abuse and the impact statements for the last 7 days are all online from the Michigan press. There are some pretty damning statements to United States Gymnastics Association, USOC, and various coaches.

US Gymnastics has lost AT&T, Under Armor, P&G, and others. The USAG has only said placating statements, slow slow to act just a few days ago closing the ranch they trained at with most abuse, and firing (they actually"resigned ") two days ago.

This is far from over and is just the beginning of the case and investigating to abuse in US gymnastics and sports.

Bada$$ judge and I love her. I loved when she threw his statement on her desk. Have fun in prison Dr !

MSU, USAG, among other organizations tried to sweep this under the rug for 20 years. The sentencing phase of this case was heard/watched around the globe. Heads will be rolling soon!

I do not know how this wasn't highly talked about. The years of abuse and the impact statements for the last 7 days are all online from the Michigan press. There are some pretty damning statements to United States Gymnastics Association, USOC, and various coaches.

US Gymnastics has lost AT&T, Under Armor, P&G, and others. The USAG has only said placating statements, slow slow to act just a few days ago closing the ranch they trained at with most abuse, and firing (they actually"resigned ") two days ago.

This is far from over and is just the beginning of the case and investigating to abuse in US gymnastics and sports.

I agree this is far from over, as it should be.

i was hoping for a link to ALL the statements. Can you possibly provide that?

Bada$$ judge and I love her. I loved when she threw his statement on her desk. Have fun in prison Dr !

I was happy to hear Judge Aquilina read more from Nassar's scathing letter during her remarks to the defendant. She read portions of the letter last week when she received the correspondence, but it was obvious that the letter was multiple pages, and she read only highlighted excerpts.

Media requested the letter from Nassar last week, but Judge Aquilina said that she would discuss this with counsel and let them know. Judge said today that she will not release the letter to the media because of some of its content. I suppose media will contest this under the Freedom of Information Act - stay tuned.

Aly Raisman: I hope abusers are listening — they don't have the power anymore
"Hopefully we can one day live in a world where nobody has to say the words 'Me too.'"

NBC News THINK editor Meredith Bennett-Smith spoke recently with Aly Raisman, a world champion gymnast who has won six Olympic medals as a member and captain of both the 2012 "Fierce Five" and 2016 "Final Five" U.S. women's Olympic gymnastics teams...

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/aly-raisman-i-hope-abusers-are-listening-they-don-t-ncna840671

Mich. House calls on MSU president Simon to resign

Lansing — The Michigan House of Representatives on Wednesday adopted a resolution calling on embattled Michigan State University President Lou Anna Simon to resign, joining a growing chorus of lawmakers urging her to step down over the Larry Nassar sexual assault scandal.

If Simon does not do so, the university Board of Trustees should remove her immediately, according to the resolution sponsored by Rep. Adam Zemke, D-Ann Arbor, and approved in a 96-11 vote.

“We have lost confidence in the ability of President Lou Anna K. Simon to lead a transparent investigation, to implement changes that will ensure it never happens again, to protect students, and to lead Michigan State University forward,” the resolution said...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...igan-house-resolution-simon-resign/109777330/

Ashleigh Banfield will be covering the Nassar sentencing on HLN tonight at 8:00.

Agree!
He has no business " practicing " medicine.
JMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

He never was practicing medicine. He was always a disgusting pedophile predator only pretending to be a doctor.

I couldn't hardly stand to watch him in court today. He doesn't have one ounce of remorse for all of the lives he has ruined. He couldn't care less about all of the pain he has caused so many.

Like all sociopaths he blames his victims for his own perverted evil doings.

The Judge was awesome and so were all the survivors.

I thought I'd seen the worst-of-the-worst when I watched the trials of Casey Anthony, Jodi Arias, Jerry Sandusky, among others, but I have to say that Larry Nassar surpasses even these despicable humans with the evil that he perpetrated on unsuspecting children. I doubt we'll ever truly know just how many lives this man preyed upon. :devil:

Ashleigh Banfield will be covering the Nassar sentencing on HLN tonight at 8:00.

Ugh ... it’s showing Forensic Files. Maybe it was on her 7:00 hour

ETA: according to her FB, it was on at 6. Maybe it will be online sometime.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...president-lou-anna-simon-expected-resign-week

[h=1]Reports: Michigan State president Lou Anna Simon expected to step down this week[/h]
The news was first reported by The State News, a Michigan State student newspaper.

The board of trustees met again Wednesday to discuss ongoing litigation in civil suits related to the Nassar case that list the university as a co-defendant. The board also plans to meet Friday morning for a work session that won't be open to the public. It's not clear yet what will be on the agenda for that meeting.

Expected to happen Thursday:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...michigan-state-larry-nassar-simon/1060159001/

Michigan State University President Lou Anna Simon will step down as leader of MSU, the school announced late Wednesday.

"As tragedies are politicized, blame is inevitable," she said in statement. "As president, it is only natural that I am the focus of this anger. I understand, and that is why I have limited my personal statements. Throughout my career, I have worked very hard to put Team MSU first. Throughout my career, I have consistently and persistently spoken and worked on behalf of Team MSU. I have tried to make it not about me. I urge those who have supported my work to understand that I cannot make it about me now. Therefore, I am tendering my resignation as president according to the terms of my employment agreement."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azouheir
Back