Still Missing MI - Heather Kelley, 35, mom of 8, phoned kids said would be home soon, car found, Kalamazoo, 11 Dec 2022 *Reward* *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No new information, but the pictures are new.

1672493996814.png

PORTAGE, Mich. (WOOD) — Silent Observer is offering a reward for anyone who provides information that leads to a Portage woman being found.

A reward of up to $5,000 is being offered for information that leads to finding Heather Mae Kelley, 35, who disappeared on Dec. 10. She had called her kids that night and told them she’d be home soon but never returned.

Last edited:

View attachment 391189

PORTAGE, Mich. (WOOD) — Silent Observer is offering a reward for anyone who provides information that leads to a Portage woman being found.

A reward of up to $5,000 is being offered for information that leads to finding Heather Mae Kelley, 35, who disappeared on Dec. 10. She had called her kids that night and told them she’d be home soon but never returned.
No further mention of POI previously arrested on unrelated charges.

I would love to know the context of these new pictures. One is probably a DL. Could the other be a booking photo?

ETA: Michigan DL pictures seem to have a blue background.
The photo on the right (blue background) resembles my Michigan driver's license. HK looks much different in DL photo than in others I've seen including the photo on the left.

View attachment 391189

I know LE previously said some type of evidence found in the vehicle indicated something happened to Heather. Is the "violent crime" portion new information?

I know LE previously said some type of evidence found in the vehicle indicated something happened to Heather. Is the "violent crime" portion new information?
The "violent crime" language in the link that was just put up is pretty new. Previously I only remember reading in MSM that there was "evidence of foul play". Violent Crime can also be legally considered evidence of robbery, and not necessarily assault (sexual or oherwise) or murder. But if Heather were the victim of a violent robbery, I think she would have turned up not long after the event, in my opinion.

The "violent crime" language in the link that was just put up is pretty new. Previously I only remember reading in MSM that there was "evidence of foul play". Violent Crime can also be legally considered evidence of robbery, and not necessarily assault (sexual or oherwise) or murder. But if Heather were the victim of a violent robbery, I think she would have turned up not long after the event, in my opinion.
I clicked on the link in the news story- Log in or sign up to view

KCSO does indeed say on a 12/30/22 facebook post "there is evidence to suggest that she may have been the victim of a violent crime".

Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Office

The Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Office, along with the Portage Department of Public Safety is requesting the public's help in locating a missing person.

Heather Mae Kelley is a resident of the City of Portage and has been missing since 12/10/2022. She is a 35 year old white female, 5'8" tall and weighs about 125 pounds. She has blond hair and brown eyes. There is evidence to suggest that she may have been the victim of a violent crime.

Silent Observer is offering a reward up to $5,000.00 to anyone who provides information that leads to Heather being located.

Anyone who may have further information is asked to contact the Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Office at 269-383-8748 or Silent Observer at 269-343-2100. Information can also be reported online at www.kalamazoosilentobserver.com.

Contact US James VanDyken (jevand@kalcounty.com)
By authority of Detective Sergeant Michael Boisonault

Attachments

• 1672527373919.png
    1672527373919.png
    748.1 KB · Views: 9
Why is it that I have yet to see a photo where she is smiling. (Just my observation.)
Some of the pics I've seen look like ID photos where they always tell you not to smile.
Others... maybe she hates the way her smile makes her face look, and never smiles in pics?
I know a few people who are like that. It's not really that uncommon.

jmo

Some of the pics I've seen look like ID photos where they always tell you not to smile.
Others... maybe she hates the way her smile makes her face look, and never smiles in pics?
I know a few people who are like that. It's not really that uncommon.

jmo
The photo of HK with the blue background is a Michigan driver's license. Mine has exactly the same background. I'm sure it's consistent throughout the state.

As for not smiling, maybe HK doesn't have nice teeth and prefers not to show them. JMO

Last edited:
1672972100367.gif

Heather was added to NamUs 1/5/23

Rose & heart tattoo on left thigh Flower tattoo on right forearm.

Kelley told family she was on her way to pick up an acquaintance in downtown Kalamazoo and was last seen on 12/10/2022 at approximately 2130 hours. She has not been seen or heard from since and her vehicle was found abandoned in Comstock Township.

I was hoping to find more details about Heather's disappearance but the local media haven't been reporting anything new in the last couple of weeks.

So far we don't have any MSM details about what lead the Kalamazoo Sheriff's office to believe foul play may have been involved here.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjules
Back