Still Missing MI - Heather Kelley, 35, mom of 8, phoned kids said would be home soon, car found, Kalamazoo, 11 Dec 2022 *Reward* *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just noticed this update regarding Heather’s disappearance.

WOOD TV
Very interesting:
"The mother of eight who disappeared more than a month ago had been dating a man whose criminal record includes a murder-for-hire plot, according to those close to her.

From almost the start, police in Kalamazoo County said they had a person of interest they believed knew where to find Heather Kelley, who went missing on Dec. 10."

Snip

"A spokesman for the Federal Bureau of Prisons said the 37-year-old man had been released from federal prison in July and was transferred to “community confinement,” a halfway house operated by the Bureau of Prisons’ Detroit Residential Reentry Management Office.

The man was listed as an escapee from federal custody on Dec. 12, two days after the disappearance, federal records show."

If the man in question is the POI, he's in federal prison right now (per the article, trying to comply with copyright rules). This could be why we aren't hearing much.

As of late this morning none of the other local MSM outlets have reported this latest development. IMO that is rather curious.
I don't think it's a new development, he was arrested Dec 14. I think it's just a sympathetic reporter putting together what they're hearing from family with a prisoner search and statement from the Bureau of Prisons.

Quote from article: "The spokesman [from the BOP] told Target 8 he was arrested on Dec. 14 and locked up at the Newaygo County Jail."

During the press conference, Fuller also said that evidence within Kelley's abandoned vehicle led them to believe she is likely the victim of foul play. Still, he said, "We have hope that she is still alive, which is why we continue to work [this as a] missing persons case."

The Sheriff said they have a person in custody being held on an unrelated charge, that was picked up in last several days. PC was on 12/19.

Where did you get this info? Both of locations are wrong. Wrong speedway (this is not Comstock township speedway) and wrong side of sprinkle Rd. for car.

I really wish they’d release the POI’s name - but just from these latest reports, I don’t have any hope that HK is still alive. Once it was made clear she was going to meet/pick up an “acquaintance”, my heart sank. Something must have occurred during this meet up that resulted in angering the acquaintance. I know there are plenty of people out there who are majorly triggered by the loss of control that occurs when a partner attempts to end a relationship, for example. Even something as small as a breakup or threat of ending a relationship could be enough to trigger the right person into a murderous rage. Concerned that she was quite possibly dating this felon, who went on the run it seems right after her disappearance. Coincidence? I think not…MOO.

While I'm saddened by the water search, it seems that tips have come in regarding HK's whereabouts. Water searches were probably not possible when HK first went missing because it was very cold with snowstorms across Michigan. We are in the midst of a thaw which makes outdoor and water searches easier.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc
Back