GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bashara’s Daughter Takes The Stand To Describe His *advertiser censored* Problem, Dirty Texts

September 11, 2013 10:06 AM

DETROIT (CBS Detroit) In what can only be described as cringe-worthy testimony, Jane and Bob Bashara’s college-age daughter Jessica Bashara took the stand in her father’s murder trial Wednesday, describing her parents’ marriage as fraught.

In her father’s murder-for-hire preliminary examination in Wayne County Circuit Court, Jessica Bashara also revealed the family was well aware of some of her father’s dirty secrets. Bob Bashara is charged with hiring handyman Joe Gentz to kill Jane Bashara — whose body was found strangled in her SUV in January 2012...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/09...is-*advertiser censored*-problem-dirty-texts/

Live stream: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ase/-/1719418/21880576/-/agxtq8z/-/index.html

Wow, reading bits from bb's daughter's testimony is alarming. Imagine how sick an individual must be to make excuses for the kind of stuff his blossoming daughter was exposed to because of him. Narcissism at its finest imo. Whatever condition he has is more serious than him having different sexual preferences imo (obviously, he killed his wife). It's more like obsession or some kind of crazyiness to be so wrapped up in an alternative lifestyle that you forsake the little ones you helped create. The level of hypocrisy (look at me I'm an important person in Grosse Pointe and a consistent do-gooder) evident here is pathetic.

It seems Jane didn't want to lose her status or image of having a pulled together life either. That said, she did confide in a few friends the struggles she had with bb but not fully. Jane earned her own income so what in the wide world was she thinking to keep this destructive person around for so long. It makes me sad to think about women going the extra million miles to fix relationships when clearly the situation is hopeless. It is an extreme case when the children are exposed to and had gained full knowledge of the deviance involved here. I believe Jane had finally become serious about kicking him to the curb and he knew it. Master Bob is really a complete woose. Imo this is a case of what happens when a person feels you can't leave me so I'm going to kill you. He wanted his lifestyle but there was no way she was going to be free from him in the hope of finding happiness herself; especially considering she had the financial power.

"The daughter said Bashara felt his wife was overly critical of him."
Really, for the life of me, I can't imagine why!

http://www.freep.com/livestream/art...011/bob-bashara-jane-bashara-preliminary-exam

Adding link. On the side at the link, the daughter's testimony is blogged and, I agree with the posters there, she is a brave and forthright young lady.

Where can I read the transcripts? I haven't had one minute to listen to the hearing... Thanks all for your updates.

Where can I read the transcripts? I haven't had one minute to listen to the hearing... Thanks all for your updates.

There aren't any transcripts that I know of. I've listened to some of the testimony via live steam given by witnesses in the preliminary hearings that are going on this week. My posts consist of notes I took while listening (can't watch closely while note taking but they're only showing the bottom half of the witness anyway. They sometimes show bb and lawyers though.)

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...aring-continues-friday-in-bashara-murder-case

It's the lunch break now.

This morning a fellow inmate of bb's testified (Larry E.) as well as a woman who says bb begged her to date him after Jane's murder (Lydia P.) (I haven't heard either of these.)
Coldpizza provided a link (#803) to a recap of Lydia's testimony above. There's more to her story!

It will be interesting to see if the smirkfest at the defense table continues in front of the jury.

Sure doesn't sound like they have anything to smile about.

To be arraigned Sept. 20th @ 9 a.m.

I luv luv luv that Judge. Wait til ya see the Judge end of today with his decision. He spoke to Bob licking his lips when Rachel was on the stand. Bob being admonished for inappropriate facial/gestures. Judge commented he was pretty much scum like those he hung with. LMAO. It was rich. Note when Bob leaves the Courtroom. Gives the Judge a side glance and shakes his head. Sure hope he doesn't try to put a hit out on the Judge. Was surprised to hear after the initial hit Bob tried to put out on Gentz he was at it again. Tried for another (while he/Bob was in jail) On Gentz and 2 others. Your going down Bob :floorlaugh:

Some of it here but cant wait to see it again on youtube

https://twitter.com/langeamyFOX2

Oh my! A Judge to love! Judge King makes his decision.

Move to add charges - felony firearm.

Judge said this is one of the most unusual cases (because of all the twists and turns - my words but what the Judge said as outlined below).

A husband is supposed to protect his wife. Jane probably trusted bb.

Even the witnesses who are criminals themselves, not the cleanest (he used the word scum to describe people who do despicable things) added evidence that implicates bb of (layered, my word) wrongdoing.

Thirty witnesses testified during bb's pre-trial.
Overwhelming hard evidence and circumstantial evidence exists.

Important testimony confirming Gentz's role was included.

bb associated with low-lifes and he gave false alibis.
Judge said bb seems to think he's in the mafia - like watching a TV show - putting hits on people, "he's the man" - way too bizarre per the Judge.

MY FAVORITE COMMENTS were when the Judge said he had the opportunity to observe bb in the courtroom as well. He pointed out that bb rubbed his heart (a message to RG while she was on the stand), cried "dry" tears, and kept licking his tongue out, going to town with his lips and tongue (this was when JL was on the stand). bb continued his courtroom antics even after the Judge admonished him.

Therefore, bb remanded in custody and arraignment will take place on September 20, at 9:00 a.m.
Additional charge of felony firearm added.

To be arraigned Sept. 20th @ 9 a.m.

I luv luv luv that Judge. Wait til ya see the Judge end of today with his decision. He spoke to Bob licking his lips when Rachel was on the stand. Bob being admonished for inappropriate facial/gestures. Judge commented he was pretty much scum like those he hung with. LMAO. It was rich. Note when Bob leaves the Courtroom. Gives the Judge a side glance and shakes his head. Sure hope he doesn't try to put a hit out on the Judge. Was surprised to hear after the initial hit Bob tried to put out on Gentz he was at it again. Tried for another (while he/Bob was in jail) On Gentz and 2 others. Your going down Bob :floorlaugh:

Some of it here but cant wait to see it again on youtube

https://twitter.com/langeamyFOX2

I was typing my recap when you posted this! Both of us appreciated the same highlights! Will Judge King be the trial Judge? I hope so.

Bob Bashara will stand trial on murder charge for wife's death

Jane Bashara found strangled to death in January 2012

Published On: Sep 13 2013 02:33:21 PM EDT Updated On: Sep 13 2013 03:00:48 PM EDT

DETROIT -
Bob Bashara will stand trial on a murder charge for his wife's 2012 death.

After 30 witnesses and five days of testimony, District Court Judge Kenneth King ruled Friday that the Grosse Pointe Park man would face a trial on a first-degree murder charge.

King called the case "unusual" and "bizarre." ...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...eath/-/1719418/21922504/-/3l6wyg/-/index.html

I was typing my recap when you posted this! Both of us appreciated the same highlights! Will Judge King be the trial Judge? I hope so.

Hey there:seeya: It was awesome to watch. I sure hope he presides over the Trial. He is interesting to watch/hear. Says it like it is. When he is stone faced he looks soooo stern. Then he smiles and he lights up the room. I like the Prosecutor too. Lisa?? Gotta get the names down. I'm getting use to that huge bun lol. She is clear, crisp, concise and moves it along.

I'm adding two tesitmony notes from yesterday afternoon (Sept. 12).

Mary Morey of Eastern Market Antiques

MM met Gentz in Fall of 2011. She hired him to do labor when needed - two, three or even fours days per week dependent on her needs. The time period was from September 2011 through January 2012, so just under five months.

On the days she needed Gentz, she'd pick him up at a thrift store to bring him to work.

On January 25, 2012, Gentz revealed a large sum of money, eight to nine hundred dollars. Asked if he was showing the money off and she replied, yes Gentz was showing off the money.

Not sure if the same day (think so) - Gentz asked if she'd stop at the cellphone store. She did. He went in and purchased a new phone, either a BB or android type - she's not sure exactly. His old phone was an old flip style type.

Something about waiting for a package (I missed the significance of this).
MM said that she was told the package arrived.

I appreciate and your enjoy your commentary, Woe.be.gone. I find myself chuckling at your take on some of the testimony :angel:

I've always had an interest in this local case and am relieved that Bob Bashara will now stand trial for his wife's murder. I'm dealing with some serious real life issues (family illness) right now and hope that I can keep up with the trial when it commences. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this discussion.

September 13, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Judge orders Bashara to stand trial in 'bizarre' case of wife's murder

George Hunter /The Detroit News

Detroit —
Calling it one of the most “bizarre” preliminary examinations he’s ever presided over, 36th District Judge Kenneth King ruled Friday there’s enough evidence for Robert Bashara to stand trial for arranging his wife’s murder.

King heard 30 witnesses over five days in Bashara’s preliminary examination, and said there was “more than enough” evidence to bind the case over to Wayne Circuit Court.

Bashara, 55 of Grosse Pointe Park, will stand trial for first-degree murder on claims he hired his handyman, Joseph Gentz, to kill wife, Jane. Prosecutors say Bashara had her killed so he could pursue his kinky lifestyle.

Gentz has already pleaded guilty to killing Jane Bashara, while Bashara admitted he tried to hire a hit man to kill Gentz, fearing he’d talk to authorities.

“This is one of the most unusual cases I’ve ever had because of the bizarre things surrounding this case,” King said.

“The court has heard from 30 witnesses who have given us a road map as to who’s responsible for the demise of Mrs. Bashara,” he said. “I could add to that list Mr. Bashara as well...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130913/METRO01/309130074#ixzz2eo1bsrXv

Patrick Donald Webb testified Thursday afternoon, September 12.

PW met bb through Rachel G. online in 2009 while PW was advertising a BSM party. Both bb and RG attended.
This was their first party of PW's and was held in Milan(?), Michigan in an old frat house PW used as the venue for his lifestyle BDSM parties. bb always attended with RG. PW believes he saw them at five or six (at least) parties.

RW knew bb because they were both known on the scene as Sir Patrick and Master Bob.
RG was known as Little Princess.

The frat house burned down so PW needed to find a new location.
PW lived on eleven acres but didn't have funds to build a facility.
He needed financing and bb said he would help out by contributing $20,000 to pay for the concrete to lay the foundation (real cost was $30,000). PW agreed to cover the cost of everything above the concrete.
After the concrete was poured, bb reneged on the deal telling PW about his divorce troubles and unavailable finances. Earlier, bb told PW he was good to go ahead with their deal which is why PW went ahead with having the concrete poured.

Rachel and Rose attended parties with bb in the new place.

PW asked bb how he managed to get away from his wife. bb replied, "She doesn't know what I do." PW agreed/felt bb was concerned about confidentiality, separation and divorce. PW didn't put "no weight to it" when listening to bb's comments - just listening to a guy talk about his situation.

Something mentioned about the trouble with the house. bb mentioned he had a neighbor with ties to the mafia. PW asked if bb threatened him.
PW mentioned something about bb getting mad because he was unwilling to turn the music down. Discussion wasn't continued.

November/December 2011 PW trying to save the house and needed money. "The Reformatory" was the name of the unpaid for club (lawyer said "unpaid for club"). PW, "yes".
bb told PW he would be coming into money in a couple of months.
PW never received any money from bb.

I appreciate and your enjoy your commentary, Woe.be.gone. I find myself chuckling at your take on some of the testimony :angel:

I've always had an interest in this local case and am relieved that Bob Bashara will now stand trial for his wife's murder. I'm dealing with some serious real life issues (family illness) right now and hope that I can keep up with the trial when it commences. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this discussion.

Oh no. :raincloud: Hoping for a good outcome.

:grouphug:

Hey there:seeya: It was awesome to watch. I sure hope he presides over the Trial. He is interesting to watch/hear. Says it like it is. When he is stone faced he looks soooo stern. Then he smiles and he lights up the room. I like the Prosecutor too. Lisa?? Gotta get the names down. I'm getting use to that huge bun lol. She is clear, crisp, concise and moves it along.

LOL - about the bun! I've wondered if her neck gets tired. When I pin my hair up eventually my scalp starts to hurt and I can't wait to undo the do.

I agree. The Prosecutor doesn't let anything past her. Once she said, "Wait, let's pin this down now." - regarding the dates bb went to Oregon. She requested a calendar from 2012 and made sure all parties agreed on the dates before they moved on. She's sharp imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879