Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
I read this and thought the perp is wide and wondered if you meant fat.
Read it 3 times before realizing you we're referring to WideOpen!

Oh My .... I literally just did the exact same thing!!!!! :floorlaugh:

Wow, that's crazy! Never heard of such a thing! That's really cool!

didn't they use that in the CA trial?? I remember a vial containing the smell of decomp? I suffer from CRS so I could be wrong. :blushing:

http://www.grandhaventribune.com/article/policefire/376926

"Shelly said if she could talk to her daughter right now, she would tell her to be strong, to be there for her child and to come back to her family."

What does "to be there for her child" mean? That and the continual use of the past tense bothers me. Be where? "There" - where is "there"?

I don't see anything wrong with talking in past tense. I think its because Jessica isn't there so you say things like “She would have helped anybody," "That was probably her downfall. She probably thought he (the abductor) needed help.”
“I know she was taking on any shift she could,” Shelly said. “She was covering for anybody — anything to make ends meet.”

I also think its because they are talking about the day she was missing.

Caught something in this article I missed before( http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/jessica_heeringa_alleged_abduc.html ):

"Authorities said a photo of a vehicle that may be connected to the case was captured on surveillance video parked outside the Homestead Bar, located a short distance from the gas station. Police hope that footage lends new information on the case, Shaw said.

Silver Mini-van???? Black SUV???? Interesting it was parked outside the Homestad Bar. Why? Meeting someone??? Makes me wonder.

I wonder if it was misreporting, since this article was from April 29th, and the video they speak about perhaps, is the video that is being shown now. Unless this is info that the authorities now don't want to release? The word "parked" changes lots of things, if that is true because then maybe they got a good look at the person as well as the vehicle.

If LE believes a vehicle involved was parked at a bar, it would make more sense to say when and which vehicle, in case anyone can identify whoever it was in the vehicle.

If LE believes a vehicle involved was parked at a bar, it would make more sense to say when and which vehicle, in case anyone can identify whoever it was in the vehicle.

Maybe LE knows who was parked outside the bar, suspects they were involved too and is watching them hoping they will lead them to the abductor & maybe JH.

We're limited by the information we're allowed to post on WS.
There are some characters who could be tied to Jessica (not her fault who she's related to or who she knows) that LE is probably checking out.
Maybe they suspect something but can't prove it yet. It sure sounds as if they do, hence the profiling efforts we've been told are underway.

Gotta wonder if she has any RSO relatives.

Maybe LE knows who was parked outside the bar, suspects they were involved too and is watching them hoping they will lead them to the abductor & maybe JH.

I don't know. They seem determined to get that FBI profile. I don't believe they have a suspect.

Caught something in this article I missed before( http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/jessica_heeringa_alleged_abduc.html ):

"Authorities said a photo of a vehicle that may be connected to the case was captured on surveillance video parked outside the Homestead Bar, located a short distance from the gas station. Police hope that footage lends new information on the case, Shaw said.

Silver Mini-van???? Black SUV???? Interesting it was parked outside the Homestad Bar. Why? Meeting someone??? Makes me wonder.
I think this was shoddy reporting. Fox News ran article a few weeks ago identifying the parked SUV as the vehicle of interest when in fact it was the moving gray van in the background of video that was of interest.

For the life of me, I can't figure it out. They don't have a suspect pinned down, yet they're sure the van is the vehicle.

Is it possible that LE has the vehicle? Remember the van that was sitting in an apartment complex parking lot without a license plate? Did anything ever come of that? Could J's blood have been found inside that van? Whatever happened to the poster who brought that van to our attention?

So many questions, no answers - yet.

This is from May 1st. I do not believe we have heard if this van was ever released. The man was questioned and released but don't know about the van.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local...inga-abduction

Officers received tips Wednesday about a man who drives a silver van. At about 6 p.m., the man was pulled over and taken in for questioning.

"It is what we have been doing since Saturday," Norton Shores Police Chief Dan Shaw told 24 Hour News 8.

The man was taken to a second location and his minivan was impounded, but he was not arrested and he was released later Wednesday night.

jmo

This case is so heartbreaking and frustrating. If she is still alive, which I know we're all hoping for, the separation from her son has got to be unbearable. Getting home to him has to be the only thing on her mind. :(

Still not a trace of Jessica? This is terrible. :( I thought she would have been found by now. Her poor little boy at home.
I keep thinking about her son at home, too. I fear that he's just old enough to be aware of what's going on, but not old enough to really understand why his mom can't come home.

Also, if (god forbid) she doesn't come home, I worry that he's too young to remember much about her. That is a huge burden to carry into adulthood. :(

After this long (three weeks), I don't feel good about Jessica's survival chances whether she was taken by an acquaintance or a stranger/customer. Apparently, there has been no word of a ransom, which might be a reason someone she knew kidnapped her, if they felt she owed them for example. If she was taken for revenge, that is not promising either.

I think if she knew him, it was only casually via the store and this was more of a "random" abduction, in that the only reasoning was gratification by the perp. Unless Jessica's past is more dangerous and recent than we know, I can't imagine what she would be involved in that would bring about something of this nature. This is a "life without parole" type of crime, serious business.

At this point, I have to wonder what LE is doing in this case. I am sure they are still fielding phone calls and tips, but I am guessing the number of tips coming in has dwindled considerably after three weeks, and who knows if any are credible. The sheriff alluded to the plan of moving some of the investigators back to their regular duties when there is not enough work for them to do on this case. I wonder if we are very rapidly getting to that time. It seems that LE is pretty much just going through the motions while waiting on that one big tip that has not yet, and may never come in, and waiting on Chrysler people to hopefully tell them the make and model of the minivan captured on videos (and how long can that take? Detroit isn't half a world away. Get someone to drive there and show them the video, for crying out loud. It's kinda important), and waiting on profilers to complete a report that may take several weeks, according to the sheriff. If I were the family, I would be giving serious consideration to calling in Texas Equusearch or some other group that would be willing to organize some searches. Searching without a definite area may be fruitless, but I don't see that what is being done right now is bearing much fruit either. JMO

At this point, I have to wonder what LE is doing in this case. I am sure they are still fielding phone calls and tips, but I am guessing the number of tips coming in have dwindled considerably after three weeks, and who knows if any are credible. The sheriff alluded to the plan of moving some of the investigators back to their regular duties when there is not enough work for them to do on this case. I wonder if we are very rapidly getting to that time. It seems that LE is pretty much just going through the motions while waiting on that one big tip that has not yet, and may never come in, and waiting on Chrysler people to hopefully tell them the make and model of the minivan captured on videos (and how long can that take? Detroit isn't half a world away. Get someone to drive there and show them the video, for crying out loud. It's kinda important), and waiting on profilers to complete a report that may take several weeks, according to the sheriff. If I were the family, I would be giving serious consideration to calling in Texas Equusearch or some other group that would be willing to organize some searches. Searching without a definite area may be fruitless, but I don't see that what is being done right now is bearing much fruit either. JMO

We have seen DNA turnaround over a weekend in CA in the Chelsea King case. Here we are waiting on a car make and model and an FBI profile for three weeks? When LE claims to believe the victim is probably still alive? They sure are not acting like it.

I can't figure out why this investigation seems somewhat unskilled in my eyes. Are they not utilizing the outside agencies as much as possible? Not meaning to offend LE, but it just feels wrong to me, this whole no searches, waiting so long for that auto model and profile, etc.

Three weeks is about the time these cases start to fall off the radar, or in cases with lots of searches, when searches start to dwindle. Honestly, a profile in unlikely to solve this (or any other) case, IMO. Their best chance may be an exact make, model and year of the vehicle, if they get that. But good grief, time is passing.

I feel the frustration. It seems at times as though LE is hiding behind red tape so they can be lazy instead of going after this case (and others) with real vigor. So many times a case will be "worked" or "investigated" by LE, only to have the big break come from a private citizen or by total luck.

Bottom line: don't assume LE knows or cares. We are The People. We must protect and serve ourselves.

We have seen DNA turnaround over a weekend in CA in the Chelsea King case. Here we are waiting on a car make and model and an FBI profile for three weeks? When LE claims to believe the victim is probably still alive? They sure are not acting like it.

I can't figure out why this investigation seems somewhat unskilled in my eyes. Are they not utilizing the outside agencies as much as possible? Not meaning to offend LE, but it just feels wrong to me, this whole no searches, waiting so long for that auto model and profile, etc.

Three weeks is about the time these cases start to fall off the radar, or in cases with lots of searches, when searches start to dwindle. Honestly, a profile in unlikely to solve this (or any other) case, IMO. Their best chance may be an exact make, model and year of the vehicle, if they get that. But good grief, time is passing.

yah, I'm kind of right there with you. but, I think there's a lot between the lines. the people who could be likely witnesses who aren't coming forward due to their own "criminal" history (pot growers etc); the fact that they think she knew her abductor; that they think she is alive and can be rescued; that her past/family and associates are some unsavory types; that they're so hell bent on the van and the sketch - it all makes me think they really have all the pieces, like Dylan Redwine's case, and they just need that crucial clue or piece of evidence to link it all together.
they may have a very good idea of who it could be, but don't have evidence, proof, or a location on the person. they may still have the van. who knows. in which case they should be able to get DNA, but maybe it's a transient who they can't locate.
I have to think they have a really good idea of who it is and reasoning why she would be alive. If not, they are doing a horrible job. If they didn't truly have something, they should be doing a lot more.

The mom saying to be strong and be there for her son tells me she believes JH is being kept alive and doesn't want her to lose hope or faith and give in to some terrible fate that might be possible in her situation. It also hints that something may have happened in the past that this is connected to this which may be very difficult for JH to deal with and her mom is trying to keep her focused on her son and not whatever is going on or whatever happened with whomever in the past.

I believe she is alive. Despite the time frame and lack of evident leads. I often get a sense about if a MP is dead, and I'm not getting that at all. It's a brick wall as far as where she is, which means she's probably not on the other side where she could communicate or could be sensed as having moved on. And she is steely strong. I think her mom used the word scrappy. I feel she is a warrior. and that she is not comfortable or in good conditions. maybe depressed, hopeless, lonely, but a fighter.

I think this is a deeper personal mystery and not a random RSO abduction. He could be an RSO but that is secondary to this act. Her lifeline is to play along with whatever the perp is trying to accomplish, unless it puts her in immediate physical danger.
motives could be anything from punishing her family by keeping her away, living out a fantasy that she's his woman, keeping her from marrying Dakota, or making her suffer by being without her little boy. lots of motives that could be satisfied with her alive and in fact need her to be alive.
I think she knows enough about what is happening and who is doing this to be able to either play along or fight enough to survive.

he knew to get her before she left early for the night, as she told Dakota she was going to do. I don't think that's random. I think he has a link to inside the family, or at least to her plans. FB friend? I hope they're looking at social media.

ok. done rambling.

her poor boy. bring his mama home.

I don't know. They seem determined to get that FBI profile. I don't believe they have a suspect.

Yeah, you don't need a profile if you have a suspect in your sights. It's not going to make the case against a known suspect. A profile by itself seems like a desperation move. But if they use a profile to perhaps filter ccard/cell phone/dmv data and come up with a short(er) list of suspects they want to work, then they might get somewhere. Usually profiles end up sitting around until they get the perp by other means and then they dust off the profile and say "the profile was correct!" but it did nothing by itself to solve the crime.

Unless the sketch is way off, it seems very unlikely this perp is local to that part of Michigan esp since they also have a vehicle description.

If the perp was careful and never left a ccard trail at the Exxon, their best hope might be to filter cell phone pings along the major freeways leading away from the abduction site.

Sorting through the cell phone tower ping data going North would be a relatively easy task compared to going East toward GR/Lansing/Detroit. Going South shouldn't be as bad as going East but still way more than North.

Just filter out all daily repeat pinging numbers and start with the odd-men out numbers.

Once they have that list, DMV cross-checks could winnow the list further. Also, if they think this guy was around casing other stations, get cell phone tower data for those dates/locations.

The business about not being able to identify the make, model, year of the silver minivan is beyond ridiculous! There are Chrysler engineers who live in my sub who would surely be able to provide this information (we are about 15 minutes from Chrysler headquarters). Either LE is making a serious effort to keep what is known in the investigation close to the vest, or they have made little progress in locating Jessica. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow