Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find Jessica Heeringa shared a link.
April 25
Lots of new articles coming out over the past few days. Lots of National attention. This may all lead to a break in the case that NSPD has been searching for!
Jessica's boyfriend, Dakotah Quail Dyer was home with their son the evening of Jessica's disappearance. Out of everyone that was close to the case he's the only "poi" that has cooperated with police.

http://thecontextofthings.com/2014/...ppearance-but-could-it-be-a-former-boyfriend/

Ross Park isn't that big and not all that secluded. I have been down there to check it out not long after Jessica disappeared, as was another local MrGwriter. It's nearby, and could have been a place convenient to stop and secure the van or something, but not a good place for a criminal to spend any time. NSPD is reeeeally close by, for one thing. I actually got busted with a group of high school friends partying there, on the frozen lake. The cops drive by there all the time.

The other side of Mona Lake, behind Hidden Cove apartments, is super secluded and easily accessible if you know the area.

I can agree that behind hidden cove there is a decent amount of area, but I do not think it is a possibility. I say this because my friend lives over there and you can hear everything off the lake. I am not saying she was necessarily brought "on" the lake but the actual "land area" isn't that big that could be secluded. (IMO) I do not know if you have been on the shore of the lake and heard individuals on boats but the sound travels really well.

The 'reported boyfriend' is not the finace, it's SF's 'brother'.

Right, but the other reported boyfriend, JA, also drove a work van. So I was never sure which bf they were talking about here.

That is my question- based on the fact that there has been 2 boyfriends named as well as a fiancé how do we know who they are talking about.

[modsnip] You can't possibly think the local cops have done a great job and exhausted all possibilities. Pj hoffmaster is huge. So are the dunes north toward the channel. Barney fife and his three buddies have not searched enough. They have not told the community enough. I could be wrong...and I apologize if I am because I joined late, but didn't it take a year for them to announce the eye witness was the brother? They need to release more info so the public can help. Maybe this is the time to charge someone if they know who did it. Maybe the flood gates will open when someone is behind bars. There is no way these dummies have kept it a secret. Someone needs to reach the devoses and vanandles, the billionaires in GR and get this reward raised to $100k. There is a larger reward for dead cats.
But sit and wait? No thanks pal. I play offense.

I honestly believe that they have withheld information from the public on purpose. Just because you do not "see" or "hear" from LE doesn't mean they are not doing their job. I think that the police chief wants this solved more than an individual running the state police. I mean think about it- small town, safe community- you want answers. State police deals with many missing persons cases... I feel like it is a name on a piece of paper, not a community member. The pressure is already on from locals to want resolve.

They have closed down hoffmaster and searched- they flew the helicopter over and searched on more than one occasion. I do not disagree that a ground search should be done again of the state park, but it isn't that it hasn't been done.

There was a silver looking mini van/almost suv type car on video from local businesses around the time of her disappearance. That is the problem. Did the witness just see the suv in the area and use it as a screen to cover someone else?

go sit at the corner and watch the store. if someone comes in the front the second I go in the back, call me. once I leave, pick the most common car you can headed south and say it was sitting in the back of the store with the lights off.

Under the photo with the link to the article it states:
"police sketch of subject and photo of owner of gas station.

This is NOT the police sketch.
The police sketch does NOT have facial hair, mustache, etc.

The police sketch is DEVOID of the facial hair, mustache, etc.
Last year this facial hair sketch was said in the media that this was a Fake police sketch,that the Real police sketch is the sketch that has always been seen in the media, which is the one without facial hair.
IMOO.

Treelights - do you remember when LE called the sketch a fake? Is it possible we have the link in the Media thread? If LE has called it a fake, we should not be posting it here.

Thanks!

Salem

Treelights - do you remember when LE called the sketch a fake? Is it possible we have the link in the Media thread? If LE has called it a fake, we should not be posting it here.

Thanks!

Salem

I will look for this information.

^^ I see someone else has had the same thoughts. Great minds and all that.

sketch is a red herring anyway...

total BS. if one thought there was a suspicious crime going down, one would get plate and check on store and/or employee.

in this case, subject when home and waited for the police or store owner to call.

Despite that the sketch might be a red herring,
new people on the thread viewing a photoshopped version of the police sketch, might believe that is the Real police sketch, when it is Not the sketch that the police provided. And regardless if a person is new or not to the thread, posting the Real sketch should be posted, not a photoshopped one.......
IMOO.

Thank you to both ColdPizza and Treelights for finding the link that discusses the fake sketch.

Everyone - PLEASE BE ADVISED - we DO NOT implicate innocent people at Websleuths. We do not engage in underhanded activities in order to come up with information that supports a theory.

I will link this fake sketch article in the first post of this thread and it will be carried over as new threads are created. If the fake sketch is posted again, it will result in an automatic timeout for the member.

Thank you,

Salem

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/local/2013/05/01/1598280/

"A reward is increasing to $25,000 for information about the 2013 disappearance of a mother from her job at a western Michigan gas station.

Detroit Free Press
7:15 AM, April 30, 2014

"The Muskegon Chronicle reports Great Lakes Ford of Muskegon donated $4,000 through the Silent Observer program, helping to boost the “Reward for Jessica” fund."
Heeringa's ex-coworker says she felt unsafe at store: A former coworker of Jessica Heeringa talks about what it was like to work at the Exxon station where the 25-year-old mother was last seen."

http://www.freep.com/article/201404...nga-abduction-case-Reward-increases-to-25-000

This also going on down there. http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2014/04/woman_running_on_north_muskego.html
NORTH MUSKEGON, MI – A 20-year-old woman reportedly endured a terrifying moment on the trails of the Muskegon Lake Nature Preserve Tuesday, April 29, and police are attempting to identify a suspect.
The woman told police that around 2 p.m. Tuesday she was running on the trails at the nature preserve in the 1900 block of Lake Avenue. When she got near the look-out tower of the preserve, she was “grabbed from behind" by a male,” said North Muskegon Police Chief Tom Korabik.
Yolanda Reyes has disappeared and now an attempted abduction. It is not impossible that a repeat offender is causing one of these new abductions. I will try to follow these new incidents closely.

Wow, finally it feels like it's all coming to a head..

Regarding the red herring van, I agree that's the case, but I think police have no choice but to pursue it because the driver hasn't come out and identified himself based on the surveillance? It's obviously possible he or she doesn't know, but if he's remotely local surely it wouldn't be hard to remember being in the area with a van like that and coming in to clarify. So something might still be up. Maybe it IS the van of someone the "witness" knows and they know it wouldn't look good for them, even if they didn't do anything to Jessica.

Gotta keep the pressure on.... it's over a year now. Where's Jessica??

When I'm following a case and get frustrated by the lack of information that is made public, I pinch and remind myself that LE has no obligation to release details of an ongoing investigation. They are also not required to tell the truth about what they know or don't know about the case. Just because NSPD recently re-released the sketch and van description doesn't necessarily mean that they believe that the silver minivan and the individual in the sketch are paramount to solving Jessica's disappearance.

I interpreted the recent reminder about the van and the sketch as an indication to the public that, "Hey, folks, this is what we have to work with. The silver minivan and the sketch of a possible person of interest haven't panned out, so we're asking the good citizens of Norton Shores and surrounding communities to come forward with any information that they might have regarding Jessica's disappearance."

I think that NSPD has a very good idea what happened to Jessica and who is responsible. They simply don't have enough evidence to prosecute and will not arrest anyone until the i s are dotted and the ts crossed. This does not in any way suggest to me that they are incompetent and/or haven't conducted a thorough investigation. :moo:

When I'm following a case and get frustrated by the lack of information that is made public, I pinch and remind myself that LE has no obligation to release details of an ongoing investigation. They are also not required to tell the truth about what they know or don't know about the case. Just because NSPD recently re-released the sketch and van description doesn't necessarily mean that they believe that the silver minivan and the individual in the sketch are paramount to solving Jessica's disappearance.

I interpreted the recent reminder about the van and the sketch as an indication to the public that, "Hey, folks, this is what we have to work with. The silver minivan and the sketch of a possible person of interest haven't panned out, so we're asking the good citizens of Norton Shores and surrounding communities to come forward with any information that they might have regarding Jessica's disappearance."

I think that NSPD has a very good idea what happened to Jessica and who is responsible. They simply don't have enough evidence to prosecute and will not arrest anyone until the is are dotted and the ts crossed. This does not in any way suggest to me that they are incompetent and/or haven't conducted a thorough investigation. :moo:

I totally agree.

They should be digging in yards. And separating friends.

This is like asking a little leaguer to pitch for the Yankees.

They should be digging in yards. And separating friends.

This is like asking a little leaguer to pitch for the Yankees.

BBM. Yards are most often private property. LE can't just take a backhoe and start digging without a court order, which they can't get without probable cause. Just because they may THINK someone is involved is not probable cause. Again, we get back to evidence. They must have something besides a gut feeling or the general opinion of the public to get a court order. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow