MI - Julia Dawson, 23, Sparta, 11 December 2004

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping for Julia!

Has there been any recent news? I cannot find anything on the net.

TIA

Angela

Some FYI about Julia Dawson.....The police did a search of her home on Thursday March 3. Her husband was not there when they did the search. Per Grand Rapids Press.......One would wonder why it took so long for the LE did the search??????????

jim said:
Some FYI about Julia Dawson.....The police did a search of her home on Thursday March 3. Her husband was not there when they did the search. Per Grand Rapids Press.......One would wonder why it took so long for the LE did the search??????????
I wonder why it took so long, too. This has been a case I was following for quite a while and -- while I hate to falsely accuse someone -- there were a few articles posted with some interesting information about police being called to their house on a number of occasions. IF it wasn't the husband, it sures seems likely that it was a relative or neighbor.

Prayers for Julia. I hope justice will be served.

Thank you for the update!

Ryder97 said:
I think it is interesting since the Peterson case how quick to judgement that everyone is to point fingers at the husband. Keep in mind I thought in this country you were innocent until a jury presumed your guilt. I know how many people sat around and couldn't believe in their wildest dreams that "Mr. Fryling", someone of such high pretige, would have been involved with prostitutes but we all know how that case turned out. I still question the fact that if Julia was in anyway "not happy" in her marriage that she could have possible been meeting someone else. Not out of the realm of possibility that a wife and mother of two would be bored or sick of the control in her marriage to stray outside of it. Lets also not forget that if we convicted all husbands of being jerks to their wives when they come up missing or murdered and convict them on their past behaviors that we would have a lot of men in prisons today. Does anyone have any viable information of where the husbands whereabouts were in the hours of her disappearence?
I find it strange that since the Peterson case more stupid men think they can kill their wives and get away with it!!

I would also advise you to become a quick study of law. If you are charged with a crime they have all the proof that they need. They have presented their case to the DA and he thinks he has enough to put you away.

Now you have to through your defense prove that you aren't guilty! So the whole Innocent until proven Guilty thing is all on you! They have all the proof they need. Until you prove yourself innocent is more like it!!

You need to look in on reality more often.

edited for personal attacks

According to all news reports in the Grand Rapids area, Julia's husband, Tim is the prime suspect in the murder of Julia. Julia's family believes that an arrest is immenent.

Ryder97 said:
According to all news reports in the Grand Rapids area, Julia's husband, Tim is the prime suspect in the murder of Julia. Julia's family believes that an arrest is immenent.

I'm not at all surprised. She had filed for divorce....he was known for his violent behavior and need to control. He was abusive to the mother of his first child. I hope that he is arrested soon.

A first clue for me that the husband murdered the wife or girlfriend is when the male refuses to cooperate with the police. A person who isn't guilty will bend over backwards to cooperate and work with the police. They want to help find the killer if at all possible.

The legal system has to look at a person as being innocent until proven guilty. We...the public...can have whatever opinion that we want. It is the jury who will determine his guilt or innocense...not us.

I wonder why it takes so long to arrest the husband, they (LE) must be waiting for more concrete evidence to nail him....................?

Also why do they put the arrest notice in the media before they arrest him?
Strange happenings.....maybe it got leaked out........................

Jim

Now it seems that Tim has attemped to kill himself, per GR press

jim

Julia Dawson's Parents Receive Visitation Rights With Grandson
Created: 4/19/2005 9:32:48 PM
Updated: 4/19/2005 9:34:12 PM

Grand Rapids - A judge has decided the parents of Julia Dawson will have regular visits with their grandson
The Keenan's have been in court with Tim Dawson battling over visitation with Alex.

Their daughter Julia disappeared in December and was later found murdered along U.S. 131.

Police say her husband is their only suspect in the case.

read rest here: http://www.wzzm13.com/news/grmetro_article.aspx?storyid=38902

Very intersting article about Tim Julia's husband and his past here a little of it but read it all at this link:
http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3214996&nav=0RceYhz9

(Update, April 15, 2005, 9:00 a.m.) Tim Dawson is now the main suspect in the murder of his wife Julia Dawson, but before Julia, Tim Dawson had another wife and family. Tim Dawson's previous family includes an ex-wife and two young children, from a marriage that ended five years ago. That story includes an infant death, two house fires, and injuries.
Learned from court documents obtained by 24 Hour News 8 in Ottawa County, the marriage shattered after allegations that Tim Dawson pushed, shoved, and manhandled his now ex-wife Amy. Dawson was even convicted of abusing her.

Looks like things might be heating up on Tim. Wouldn't be surprised if they've been investigating the infants death years earlier and throw in a little insurance fraud for good measure.

JMHO
fran

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3214996&nav=0RceYhz9

The couple also endured two suspicious house fires. Ex-wife Amy claims that Dawson netted big insurance proceeds, never sharing that money with her and the kids. Amy believes that Tim intentionally set those fires to collect insurance monies. She says Tim couldn't hold down a job and that she was fearful.

In documents obtained by 24 Hour News 8 through Freedom of Information Act from the Muskegon County Sheriff's Department, there were also child abuse allegations investigated in 2000. One of Amy and Tim's children had bruises. Those bruises, a doctor reported were indicative of child abuse. The couple blamed one another.

A report of Amy's interview from the investigation states, " Amy advised... during (their four and a half years together) they had a lot of things happen... Amy stated that she was dating Tim. She had a baby. Tim was not the father. When the baby was four-months-old, it died at home while Tim was babysitting. The death was ruled SIDS at the time. Amy was suspicious of Tim's involvement."

Amy worries that the infant's death, the fires, and the injuries to their kids may not have been accidents. Years later, Julia Dawson's death is proved to be no accident. Both deaths, though years apart, are connected by one Tim Dawson, now officially a murder suspect.

So this is how the public found out Tim was #1 suspect in Julia's death. This hearing, I believe was on the 14th, and it was as a result of this that he attempted suicide.

JMHO
fran

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?s=3209640

Julia Dawson disappeared last December. Her body was found weeks later on a frozen roadside. Julia Dawson's husband is now the official prime suspect in her murder, after police in open court said flatly who they think murdered the Kent County mother.

In the course of their investigation, police have searched Tim Dawson's house, honing in on him as their prime suspect. They have remained mostly silent regarding Tim Dawson, until an investigator was called to testify Wednesday in a family court hearing.

That hearing involves Tim Dawson's previous family, an ex-wife who is trying to get his parenting time suspended. A lieutenant from the Kent County Sheriff's Department testified that Tim Dawson is the only suspect in the murder of his wife Julia.

I hope they hurry up and arrest this guy before his exwife gets herself in a fix with 'contempt' charges. He attempted suicide after the custody hearing, that should have some weight, hopefully.
JMHO
fran

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/base/news-1/111425133889350.xml

Murder suspect wins custody ruling
Saturday, April 23, 2005
By Ken Kolker
The Grand Rapids Press
GRAND HAVEN -- Timothy Dawson is suspected of murdering his second wife, but that should not forbid the Sparta man from seeing two young daughters from his first marriage, an Ottawa County court referee has ruled.

Dawson, who police have publicly identified as the only suspect in the slaying of Julia Dawson, should be allowed to spend time with the 6- and 7-year-old girls he fathered with ex-wife Amy Hinkley, the referee said.

Regardless, Hinkley, of Coopersville, will continue to keep the girls from him, her attorney said Friday.

The Grand Rapids press has reported that Timothy has left the state. Apparently he told the police to arrest him now or he is leaving the state. He did.
There still is a chance that he is not guilty. We all assume that he is. In case's
like these, the husband or boy friend is the first suspect. Whoever it is we pray he is caught soon.

Jim

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams
Back