MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last text made at 10:30 pm Sunday night, to her roommate, was Julia's last known communication. I've pondered on the assumption of Julia making the text. Which got me to thinking, if Julia made the text, why? What did she need to talk with AG about? And, why not text the other roommate KM too? Was KM staying away from the apartment a lot, staying more with her boyfriend? Did Julia hear a noise in the apartment and text AG to see if she was in the apartment? Did Julia feel uneasy in the apartment and miss the only roommate who had been staying there on a regular basis, texting to see when she would return from a weekend away? Did Julia have a premonition of something that may happen? Is this why on Sunday evening she made texts to people close to her:
Her twin sister: Watching mean girls
Her close family friend: Happy Birthday
Her roommate: ???

Why do we all know what was said in the two earlier text, but not in the text to the roommate AG. Is LE keeping it a secret for a reason?

The last text made at 10:30 pm Sunday night, to her roommate, was Julia's last known communication. I've pondered on the assumption of Julia making the text. Which got me to thinking, if Julia made the text, why? What did she need to talk with AG about? And, why not text the other roommate KM too? Was KM staying away from the apartment a lot, staying more with her boyfriend? Did Julia hear a noise in the apartment and text AG to see if she was in the apartment? Did Julia feel uneasy in the apartment and miss the only roommate who had been staying there on a regular basis, texting to see when she would return from a weekend away? Did Julia have a premonition of something that may happen? Is this why on Sunday evening she made texts to people close to her:

Why do we all know what was said in the two earlier text, but not in the text to the roommate AG. Is LE keeping it a secret for a reason?

I don't believe it was kept out of the document as a "secret". In the past, I had emailed AG and there was nothing of importance discussed. She said she has told everything to LE. She will no longer answer my questions as she does not want to be in the middle of the family's differences concerning JT.

I don't believe it was kept out of the document as a "secret". In the past, I had emailed AG and there was nothing of importance discussed. She said she has told everything to LE. She will no longer answer my questions as she does not want to be in the middle of the family's differences concerning JT.

Thanks Trojan1966! It's interesting that nothing of importance was discussed. Good information. Maybe it was Julia's last text before falling asleep. But then I go back to no sign of forced entry, I cannot think of who Julia would have let enter the apartment after 10:30pm and being asleep. I sure hope AG changes her mind at some point and can talk to you about the case. If she wanted to, she could join WS and comment on here too.

Thanks Trojan1966! It's interesting that nothing of importance was discussed. Good information. Maybe it was Julia's last text before falling asleep. But then I go back to no sign of forced entry, I cannot think of who Julia would have let enter the apartment after 10:30pm and being asleep. I sure hope AG changes her mind at some point and can talk to you about the case. If she wanted to, she could join WS and comment on here too.

I don't expect AG to change her mind as she said she does not want to be in the middle of the family's "division". She said she has told everything to LE and that's all she will do from now on.

I don't expect AG to change her mind as she said she does not want to be in the middle of the family's "division". She said she has told everything to LE and that's all she will do from now on.

Hoping the roommates and other family members will change their minds in the future. If they can look past "division" and realize Justice for Julia is what's important. The people closest to Julia may be just as helpful now, as they were 3 years ago. Hoping if they cannot actively participate that they can passively read WS because to ideas shared here, as painful as some may be, could trigger a memory or lead.

In the affidavit item U, Grandmother Rose reported to LE Julia had started working in JT's cleaning business. Julia reported to GR on Friday 12-07-12, while at GR's home in Monroe, she was scheduled to work in JT's cleaning business at 6:00 am Monday, 12-10-12. I'm curious to know if the Monday work schedule was the first time cleaning in JT's business, or were there times before this? Did Julia receive money from the cleaning business for pryor cleans? Did JN (twin) ever help JT in the cleaning business or anyone else in extended family?

One other thing in regards to the cleaning job on Monday 12-10-12 for JT. GR said Julia told her the start time was 6:00 am Monday. That seems a bit early, when it was reported by JN (twin) and KT that JT left the house around 7:15 am, then probably picked up another worker on the way, like most days. Why would Julia need to be on site so early. They were cleaning apartments that are empty so it would seem 8:00 am would be a good start time. Julia would've had to leave the apartment at 5:30 am. I also noticed Julia mentioning she had an automatic starter on her car. Did the police ever check to see if the car was started that Monday morning? Maybe it would've been hard to tell by Tuesday night.

One other thing in regards to the cleaning job on Monday 12-10-12 for JT. GR said Julia told her the start time was 6:00 am Monday. That seems a bit early, when it was reported by JN (twin) and KT that JT left the house around 7:15 am, then probably picked up another worker on the way, like most days. Why would Julia need to be on site so early. They were cleaning apartments that are empty so it would seem 8:00 am would be a good start time. Julia would've had to leave the apartment at 5:30 am. I also noticed Julia mentioning she had an automatic starter on her car. Did the police ever check to see if the car was started that Monday morning? Maybe it would've been hard to tell by Tuesday night.

So JT picked up his employee on a regular basis for work? This is the first I heard of this and was this AD who he was picking up regularly? I'm glad you stated this, it's an interesting element.

You make good observations as to why Julia was due to work early when JT and AD were later. Did JT drop off AD and go check on Julia's work then find her not there? Or did he stay working with AD and assumed Julia was at work. Seems I heard she had worked for JT before so perhaps he didn't need to check on her. He stated about their phone call on Dec. 9th so maybe gave her all the details on that call.

That's a good question about the car. Seems I heard reports were the car had not been moved for several days but did the killer look inside her car as well? They got into the apartment quite cleanly so either by keys or invited in and she did let JT take the car in for servicing to avoid being ripped off. Did he happen to make a secret set of keys while in possession of the car? With items being taken from the apartment, maybe what they were looking for was in the car instead. Was car the processed for any evidence? Don't recall hearing much about the car aside from it not having been moved.

I don't think too much about Julia's texting, she lived on social media and her not texting would have been a concern. What I always thought that text from Julia to AG was more along the lines of see you tomorrow, love you, etc.. I think AG might have told Julia to call security or use the panic button if Julia heard something.

I question why would Julia post Fifty Shades of Freed on Dec. 9th vs texting her twin/friends. That is one of the most eeriest things...

I don't think too much about Julia's texting, she lived on social media and her not texting would have been a concern. What I always thought that text from Julia to AG was more along the lines of see you tomorrow, love you, etc.. I think AG might have told Julia to call security or use the panic button if Julia heard something.

I question why would Julia post Fifty Shades of Freed on Dec. 9th vs texting her twin/friends. That is one of the most eeriest things...

Yes, it's eerie in indeed. I think someone could have been stalking Julia's social media. Julia shared stuff about her everyday life on social media. She was a digital media and journalism major at EMU, and was self described as outgoing. I think the post with the Fifty Shades of Freed on Dec. 9th was to show friends what she'd been reading or that she'd finished the series. Julia liked to share pictures as communication with a large group of people that extended beyond her family and closest friends. She seems to have a lot of friends from EMU mostly. I think she enjoyed popularity among her peers at college. It appears as though she was quite close with her roommate AG. Julia and AG had spent time making christmas decorations just the weekend before and AG describes Julia as a best friend. KM, their other roommate seemed to be staying away from the apartment mostly around this time, it's been reported she was staying with her boyfriend.

So JT picked up his employee on a regular basis for work? This is the first I heard of this and was this AD who he was picking up regularly? I'm glad you stated this, it's an interesting element.

You make good observations as to why Julia was due to work early when JT and AD were later. Did JT drop off AD and go check on Julia's work then find her not there? Or did he stay working with AD and assumed Julia was at work. Seems I heard she had worked for JT before so perhaps he didn't need to check on her. He stated about their phone call on Dec. 9th so maybe gave her all the details on that call.

That's a good question about the car. Seems I heard reports were the car had not been moved for several days but did the killer look inside her car as well? They got into the apartment quite cleanly so either by keys or invited in and she did let JT take the car in for servicing to avoid being ripped off. Did he happen to make a secret set of keys while in possession of the car? With items being taken from the apartment, maybe what they were looking for was in the car instead. Was car the processed for any evidence? Don't recall hearing much about the car aside from it not having been moved.

Julia reported to GR she was to clean at 6:00 am Monday Dec 10th, on Friday Dec 7th. JT reported to LE that he talked with Julia Sunday, Dec. 9th about plans for Julia to christmas shop with her younger sister. I've pondered over the apartment key -vs- the pert.(s) being allowed in for some time. If Julia was to be at a cleaning job Monday at 6:00 am I cannot imagine her entertaining late into the evening Sunday night. Her last text was 10:30 pm, which seems like a logical time to go to sleep, to rise early. (approx. 6 hours of sleep only, waking around 4:30 am to 5:00 am, making a 6:00 am cleaning schedule).

Also, remember that AG reported to LE in the affidavit she was in the apartment early Monday AM around 7:45 am - 8:00 am briefly, on the way to class and heard Julia's alarm going off. So, my thought is this: most people will set their alarm just before they go to bed/sleep. The alarm is usually positioned on a nightstand next to the bed, so it's within reach in the AM. So, Julia may have went to bed at a reasonable hour Sunday night and set her alarm for an early rise. Could someone have come by late, without calling or texting and knocked loud enough to wake Julia to let them in?

I've speculated that someone could've had an extra key. What's odd me is LE reporting in the affidavit that both the bedroom door key and main door key were missing. However, they may have both been on the same keyring and the pert. (s) grabbed both in a panic to get out of dodge, have another main door key too.

I didn't hear if LE looked over the car. It would seem they would have. That's an interesting point about JT taking the car for servicing so wouldn't be ripped off. Did he have an alarm installed?

Yes, it's eerie in indeed. I think someone could have been stalking Julia's social media. Julia shared stuff about her everyday life on social media. She was a digital media and journalism major at EMU, and was self described as outgoing. I think the post with the Fifty Shades of Freed on Dec. 9th was to show friends what she'd been reading or that she'd finished the series. Julia liked to share pictures as communication with a large group of people that extended beyond her family and closest friends. She seems to have a lot of friends from EMU mostly. I think she enjoyed popularity among her peers at college. It appears as though she was quite close with her roommate AG. Julia and AG had spent time making christmas decorations just the weekend before and AG describes Julia as a best friend. KM, their other roommate seemed to be staying away from the apartment mostly around this time, it's been reported she was staying with her boyfriend.
That's an interesting statement and I think that is very true but never considered it. The reason it stands out to me is we are told she had lots of friends but not so specific.

Wasn't there a disagreement with those two over the boyfriend? You recall anything like that?

You mean the Christmas decorations that Kim ripped up....:thinking::what:

I still wonder if the Dr Dre Beats that she won through the apt. Bldg. was missing or taken. And why would she win them or if there was a disagreement on who won them being it was for paying rent on time when there are three girls paying???

That's an interesting statement and I think that is very true but never considered it. The reason it stands out to me is we are told she had lots of friends but not so specific.

Wasn't there a disagreement with those two over the boyfriend? You recall anything like that?

You mean the Christmas decorations that Kim ripped up....:thinking::what:

Yes, the Christmas decorations KT ripped off the refrigerator. AG and Julia also decorated Christmas stockings with their names in gritter.

I do remember a disagreement about a boyfriend. Although I do not remember any details. I know LE interviewed both roommates and a boyfriend very extensively before they were cleared.

I still wonder if the Dr Dre Beats that she won through the apt. Bldg. was missing or taken. And why would she win them or if there was a disagreement on who won them being it was for paying rent on time when there are three girls paying???

I have to admit, I looked up Dr Dre Beats to see what this is. It's a pricier item than one would think. It's a wireless musical headphone, I think. I would wonder if that gift was missing too. I'm not sure how the rent paying went for sure. Each roommate has to sign a lease. I get the impression each person has to pay their own portion of the rent separately. So, if one person doesn't pay or wants to go, management is responsible for filling the space with another roommate, if possible. I know LE said the way Julia's room was ransacked, at first glance it looked like a possible home invasion gone bad, but many items of value, including a laptop and Christmas gifts weren't taken. LE didn't mention Dr Dre Beats in the affidavit.

First, Julia would have been doing customers near Ypsilanti area. That's about an hour from Monroe (JT's home at that time). I am not sure but I believe Julia had been doing some work for JT before this as she seemed to have cleaning supplies in her car. JT would not have been picking up Julia for work. I can not answer your questions concerning the car or car keys as I have no knowledge about that. I am not sure if the car was "processed" or not but will check with LE about this.

I am curious as to why JT would not make an effort to clear himself and no longer be a person of interest. Anyone have any good ideas?? He could get his lawyer to accompany him for the interview by LE. What, if anything, is he trying to hide? Anyone have any ideas?

I am curious as to why JT would not make an effort to clear himself and no longer be a person of interest. Anyone have any good ideas?? He could get his lawyer to accompany him for the interview by LE. What, if anything, is he trying to hide? Anyone have any ideas?

JT told Grandmother Rose, when asked why he wasn't talking to LE, that he was trying to protect his freedom. If JT didn't do this, as he says, what more could he say that would lead to him being locked up? Could JT be involved in other illegal activity that would put him and his family at risk? Did he obtain a key to the apartment a give it to someone else? Did JT pay someone else to do this? If he gave a key to the apartment to someone else 3 months prior he wouldn't know who did this or when and could've been at home. JT was the only person known to date to have an ongoing conflict with Julia. We know JT was into *advertiser censored*, and looking at younger women who were barely 18, which may have been younger than 18.

Does he have creeper friends who are into the same stuff? With having his own business he may have time to visit strip clubs or brothels where he met others with the same interests. And remember that A2 Reformatory in Milan, Mi. a few years back where BB a Grosse Pointe business man was engaging in bondage activities and parties with swingers. The Grosse Pointe businessman (BB) and his out-of-state girlfriend, as well as others would meet at a basement of a bar building owned by BB in Grosse Point, used for bondage parties too. Didn't that businessmen pay someone to kill his wife?

JT told Grandmother Rose, when asked why he wasn't talking to LE, that he was trying to protect his freedom. If JT didn't do this, as he says, what more could he say that would lead to him being locked up? Could JT be involved in other illegal activity that would put him and his family at risk?
If JT did say that he was "fighting for his freedom" as GR said in an interview, then he was absolutely right. He WAS jailed, even though there was not sufficient evidence. In a situation where family members are pointing the finger at you, it would be very wise to retain a lawyer and be careful what statements to make.
JT was the only person known to date to have an ongoing conflict with Julia. We know JT was into *advertiser censored*, and looking at younger women who were barely 18, which may have been younger than 18.
I don't think we know that there was an ONGOING conflict, at least not the kind of conflict that would lead to murder. Julia visited her parents not long before her death so their relationship was at least amicable. We also heard about conflicts that Julia had with her roommate KM. There are probably many conflicts with many people,
but as far as I know there does not seem to be any conflict that would be a likely motive for murder.

Like nearly every man, JT may have watched *advertiser censored* in his life, but we don't KNOW if he is INTO *advertiser censored* (as in an "addict"). It's possible, but other people were also
using the computer. As far as we know, only a few pornographic pictures were found. Given that there were only a few questionable images, it seems more likely
that he wasn't into "younger women", if he was into *advertiser censored* at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan