Found Deceased MI - Kevin Bacon, 25, met someone online, Swartz Creek, 24 Dec 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To another point -
some posters are speculating possibility of a hate crime, and while, sadly, that’s definitely possible, I think it’s rather unlikely. If Kevin was able to connect with someone in his town on Grindr, it’s likely the town/area has a gay scene. You have to be within pretty close proximity to match with someone on Tinder, I believe. The fact that Kevin even had and used the app indicates to me that there are other gay men in and around this community.
There is a (small) gay community locally in the county and larger within the Detroit area. That said, if it is a hate crime, I'm assuming a fake profile was created on grindr with poor intentions.

respectfully snipped

You may want to be careful about releasing PHI or violating HIPAA.
He was totally out with both his family and friends. What I know about him is what I witnessed as a patient with him. A very nice guy who is not in the closet. If you’ve ever suffered from depression serious enough to kill you; you’d know there is zero use pretending to be straight with men who contact you on Grindr! I’m not real sure that a judge would find my comments rise to the level of defamation.
I think HIPAA applies to medical providers. I get the impression that Warren was also a patient. But there may be some concerns about forum rules that Warren might want to be aware of.

I hope people have checked into Uber and Lyft drivers.
I’m definitely aware of what I’m saying. So are his family and friends. He was an out gay male. I’m not outing him! I’m aware he was out with everyone. The people who appear incapable of saying gay are the media. He told me he was gay or I wouldn’t say it! I genuinely liked him and hoped he would find peace. He wasn’t depressed because he was a gay guy! He was a confident guy! If he was a victim of foul play he wouldn’t have known until the last moment. He wasn’t a con! He wouldn’t pretend to be female with a guy and then let them discover he was male. He wouldn’t lie to you about himself!

My son is gay and close to Kevin’s age. He told me all about Grindr. He told me it is a hookup app. He used it because he said it was the only way he could find to possibly date someone, but quickly learned most use it for quick hookups. He admitted to meeting creepy much older men on there who lied about their ages, and some were even married. My son deleted his Grindr after one too many creeps. We are not from a small town, so if it was hard for my son, it must’ve been harder for Kevin.

It seems Kevin is openly gay, and has a family who accepts him and were looking forward to seeing him. He was excited about working at his new salon even working the 24th. He may have had depression, but to me, he looked excited to meet someone new (maybe he had no plans Christmas Eve so why not?!). All the people who know him love him and care about him. I’ve read a lot of comments everywhere on SM and not a single person has said a negative thing.

IMO Kevin did not willingly leave. I’m very worried something terrible happened, and the community needs to step up. He’s a son, brother, and friend to many; it’s a disgrace there is no urgency in trying to find him other than by his friends and family.

He was totally out with both his family and friends. What I know about him is what I witnessed as a patient with him. A very nice guy who is not in the closet. If you’ve ever suffered from depression serious enough to kill you; you’d know there is zero use pretending to be straight with men who contact you on Grindr! I’m not real sure that a judge would find my comments rise to the level of defamation.

I’m definitely aware of what I’m saying. So are his family and friends. He was an out gay male. I’m not outing him! I’m aware he was out with everyone. The people who appear incapable of saying gay are the media. He told me he was gay or I wouldn’t say it! I genuinely liked him and hoped he would find peace. He wasn’t depressed because he was a gay guy! He was a confident guy! If he was a victim of foul play he wouldn’t have known until the last moment. He wasn’t a con! He wouldn’t pretend to be female with a guy and then let them discover he was male. He wouldn’t lie to you about himself!

The rules referenced are specific to websleuths. They can be found here: The Rules
They take "factual" posting very seriously and it must be supported in MSM or stated as your opinion. There is also a process to become a verified insider if you would like to be able to share more personal information.

@warren_coleman , I'm glad you're here! Having someone on the forum who has met and spoken to Kevin may be invaluable! Thank you for coming here to share information, we are all concerned about Kevin. I'd like to invite you to become a Verified Insider so that we can cite the information you supply.

IMO Kevin did not willingly leave. I’m very worried something terrible happened, and the community needs to step up. He’s a son, brother, and friend to many; it’s a disgrace there is no urgency in trying to find him other than by his friends and family.
RSBM
State and local police were involved in searching all day today along side family and friends. A drone, helicopter, and dogs were used by LE in the search.

It's such a small community. It's about 1/3 the size of my hometown, and I know a ton of people in my hometown. He went to high school there, too. So he likely knew many people his own age. It seems like it would be unnecessary to use Grindr to find a hookup, relationship, date or whatever. Sure, Flint is nearby. But he said that the person he was meeting is from Swartz Creek. And why no information about where they were supposed to meet? That seems like basic info that a person would tell another person. "I'm meeting him at his house" or "We're going to meet at 7-11 and then take his car."
@warren_coleman , I'm glad you're here! Having someone on the forum who has met and spoken to Kevin may be invaluable! Thank you for coming here to share information, we are all concerned about Kevin. I'd like to invite you to become a Verified Insider so that we can cite the information you supply.
I don’t feel comfortable being called an insider. What I know of him is really relegated to the fact that we both sought treatment for mental illness.

It is extremely important to avoid actually diagnosing Kevin. I met him briefly but long enough to know he wasn’t seeking recognition for his depression! People genuinely who care about him will tell you he wasn’t about hurting others emotionally. He didn’t fake this! I’m going to bed praying for his family and friends who miss him deeply!

I don’t feel comfortable being called an insider. What I know of him is really relegated to the fact that we both sought treatment for mental illness.
Warren, what people are trying to tell you is that you may not post statements phrased as fact on this site unless you either accompany them with a link to a Mainstream Media news article or a Law Enforcement statement, or have been designated as a Verified Insider for this case. It's simply the rules of the website.

If you don't want to be verified as an insider, then anything you say that isn't backed by a news/LE link needs to be clearly identified as your opinion. Again, it's the rules of this website.

RSBM
State and local police were involved in searching all day today along side family and friends. A drone, helicopter, and dogs were used by LE in the search.

The video I watched showed an obviously inexperienced reporter stumbling on her words, repeating herself. It looked like one of my 13 year old daughter’s videos. When she showed the “police presence” it was a single SUV leaving the search I thought?

Maybe I missed helicopter search? Good If that happened!!!

The video I watched showed an obviously inexperienced reporter stumbling on her words, repeating herself. It looked like something my 13 year old daughter’s videos. When she showed the “police presence” it was an SUV leaving the search I thought?

Maybe I missed helicopter search? Good If that happened!!!

The SUV was leaving. They had drones and (MOO) possibly a helicopter. I agree the reporting was not great but Michigan Now with Dave Bondy is the local news station that has since been covering. There was also a shooting in Flint tonight that took media presence and resources.
I try to give the benefit of the doubt that LE is doing a lot of investigating behind the scenes. I am disappointed that more media sources haven't picked up the story though.

The SUV was leaving. They had drones and (MOO) possibly a helicopter. I agree the reporting was not great but Michigan Now with Dave Bondy is the local news station that has since been covering. There was also a shooting in Flint tonight that took media presence and resources.
I try to give the benefit of the doubt that LE is doing a lot of investigating behind the scenes. I am disappointed that more media sources haven't picked up the story though.

I advocate because my son is gay. It just seems as if this was anyone else in another place there would be much more urgency. I should give LE more benefit of the doubt as well, I truly hope they are working hard on this. :(

I’m on my new phone, so an epic fail on adding his picture. In the photo in first post: does he have a hearing aid in his ear, or some type of piercing within the ear? It matters- if he’s hearing impaired.
It’s a piercing. I remember reading it in one of the physical descriptions they gave of him in one of the earliest links I posted.

It's tough to imagine what kind of date on Christmas Eve would be "fun." I wonder if there was some sort of activity involved. Like going to a Christmas party or shopping for gifts.[/QUOTE
It's tough to imagine what kind of date on Christmas Eve would be "fun." I wonder if there was some sort of activity involved. Like going to a Christmas party or shopping for gifts.

Even though Grindr can be described as a social networking or dating site, many people use it to arrange sexual encounters or "hookups." I seriously doubt that someone on Grindr would have invited Kevin to go to a Christmas party or a shopping excursion. The "date" was almost certainly a sexual or romantic encounter. I could therefore easily see how Kevin would anticipate that the "date" would be fun. I know that Kevin's family and friends must be beside themselves with worry, and I hope Kevin will be found alive and well.

It's tough to imagine what kind of date on Christmas Eve would be "fun." I wonder if there was some sort of activity involved. Like going to a Christmas party or shopping for gifts.[/QUOTE
It's tough to imagine what kind of date on Christmas Eve would be "fun." I wonder if there was some sort of activity involved. Like going to a Christmas party or shopping for gifts.

Even though Grindr can be described as a social networking or dating site, many people use it to arrange sexual encounters or "hookups." I seriously doubt that someone on Grindr would have invited Kevin to go to a Christmas party or a shopping excursion. The "date" was almost certainly a sexual or romantic encounter. I could therefore easily see how Kevin would anticipate that the "date" would be fun. I know that Kevin's family and friends must be beside themselves with worry, and I hope Kevin will be found alive and well.

There is a (small) gay community locally in the county and larger within the Detroit area. That said, if it is a hate crime, I'm assuming a fake profile was created on grindr with poor intentions.

I agree. Someone could have created a fake profile with the intention of committing a hate crime or even a robbery, although the latter is not borne out by the fact that his property apparently was not taken and still in his car.

My son is gay and close to Kevin’s age. He told me all about Grindr. He told me it is a hookup app. He used it because he said it was the only way he could find to possibly date someone, but quickly learned most use it for quick hookups. He admitted to meeting creepy much older men on there who lied about their ages, and some were even married. My son deleted his Grindr after one too many creeps. We are not from a small town, so if it was hard for my son, it must’ve been harder for Kevin.

It seems Kevin is openly gay, and has a family who accepts him and were looking forward to seeing him. He was excited about working at his new salon even working the 24th. He may have had depression, but to me, he looked excited to meet someone new (maybe he had no plans Christmas Eve so why not?!). All the people who know him love him and care about him. I’ve read a lot of comments everywhere on SM and not a single person has said a negative thing.

I noticed the same thing: that everyone who knows this guy loves him very much. I sure hope he is found alive and well, although the circumstances of this case are certainly alarming. If I lived in the area, I'd definitely be helping with the search. My thoughts go out to Kevin's family and his many friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay