Resolved MI - Kimberly Louiselle, 16, Oakland Co, 21 Mar 1982

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping case up...

Kimberly Louiselle was hitchhiking home from Redford, Livingston County, MI, when she disappeared in 1982. Her body was found on state land at the Island Lake Recreation Area in Green Oak Township, MI; she was sexually assaulted as well as murdered.

Investigative Contact:
Michigan State Police Brighton Post at 810.227.1051.

Age at Death/Disappearance: 16

Date of Death/Disappearance: 1982

Case Type: Homicide

Case Status: Open

Do we know the cause of death? I heard about a case of a woman who had her throat cut but survived in (I think) Brighton during around the late 70s (give or take). The woman's last name was Murphy; I don't know whether the crime made the papers.

Ozoner, if memory serves she was raped and strangled :(

I wasn't asking who said she was last seen there. I was asking who saw her there.

Here's a map I made.

View attachment 129068

I have Kimberly hitch hiking out of Brightmoore with a green pin. (I have know way of knowing where she was at in Brightmoore, so I just dropped the pin in the middle on 5-Mile road because that's the main drag that runs through Brightmoore.) I gathered this information from internet post made by a woman who was claiming to be Cindy her younger sister.

I have Christina hitch hiking in Redford with a red pin at 5-mile and Pamona Dr. (This is information I gathered from Internet post made by a man claiming he was her boyfriend at the time, and saw her hitch hiking in that spot.

I put a red pin at 8-mile and Merriman Rd, where it's alleged that Kimberly was last seen.
Kims starting point for hitchhiking was 6 mile and Inkster.

I think this is somewhat part of what I heard when I was 11-years-old. I think I remember scratching my head, and asking myself how this man was cleared from being a suspect in Kimberly's murder so quickly?

Now that I'm an old man, I find myself asking that same question ?

Can you go and ask Cindy if she knows the answer to that?
Once Kim was dropped off at 8 mile and Merriman she made a few phone calls from a pay phone there to friends trying to find a ride the rest of the way home. A family member also saw her there but was running late for an appointment so they didn't stop. They also didn't know she was in need of a ride. Those things verified she was for sure dropped off there. Also the guy who dropped her off passed a lie detectors test.

So Kimberly was picked up by a stranger in Brightmoore, and boyfriend brother remembered his license plate # because the stranger seemed strange.

At some point, (we don't know when,) police interviewed stranger, and deduced that he was being truthful, that he dropped Kimberly off at 8-Mile and Merriman Rd?

Here's my problem with that.

On June 30th, 1968 - 20-year-old art student Joan Schell disappeared after hitchhiking from a bus stop in Ypsilanti MI. She was trying to make her way to Ann Arbor MI, to visit her boyfriend. About a week after being last seen at the bus stop, her body was found by construction workers on an Ann Arbor roadside.

Two months after Schell's murder, police found two eyewitnesses who said they saw Schell walking with a man on Emmet Street the evening she disappeared. The eyewitnesses were not certain, but both thought the man might have been John Collins: a student at Eastern Michigan University.

View attachment 129260

Also, Collins physical features bore a likeness to the composite drawing police had generated of the driver of the vehicle that picked Schell up at the bus stop.

View attachment 129261

Police questioned Collins who denied ever knowing Schell. Collins told them he was at his mothers house in Center Line on June 29th, and 30th.

John Collins seemed like a very nice man, so police did not bother to check his alibi. In fact, several more women would be murdered, and it would not be until 1969, when police would learn that John Collins was not the nice gentleman they thought he was when they interviewed him in 1967. John Collins is known as the "Michigan Murderer."

In another example, on April 26, 2013, - 25-year-old Jessica Heeringa was working her job as a cashier at a gas station in Norton Shores MI.

A customer entered the gas station around 11:00PM to buy some gas, but Heeringa was no where to be found. The customer called police, and they came to investigate.

A woman who worked at the gas station, but not with Heeringa that night; told police that she and her husband were riding their motorcycles past the gas station when they saw a silver mini van pull to the back door of the station.

When they went back to investigate they saw a man loading something into the rear hatch of the van. The pair also captured a peek of the man as he drove past them.

View attachment 129262

A police sketch of the man described as wearing a bright red sweat shirt was generated, and issued to the press. A couple of weeks later, police received a tip from employees at a coffee shop who said the man looked very similar to one of their customers who sometimes wore a bright red sweat shirt, and drove a silver mini van.

Police tracked the man down, and learned that his name was Jeff Willis. Willis told police he was at his deceased grandfather's abandon house gathering wood to build a kennel for his dog on the night Heeringa disappeared.

View attachment 129263

Police quickly dismissed Willis as a suspect, and moved on to look for other clues. Another woman would be murdered, and years would go by until police got a call from a 16-year-old girl who reported that she had been kidnapped by a man driving a silver mini van.

Police investigated, and were able to track down her kidnapper; who's name happened to be Jeff Willis. After searching his van, they were able to link him to the abduction and murder of Jessica Heeringa, and a year or two old murder case of a woman named Rebekah Bletsch who was shot and killed while out jogging. Jeffery Willis is known as the "Muskegon Monster".

Those two examples are just a couple of reasons why I believe the stranger should be a suspect in Kimberly's abduction and murder.

Now, if 8-mile and Merriman has anything to do with Kimberly's abduction, then things get weird.

I made a map, and put a red pin on 8-mile and Merriman. I then placed another red pin by Brighten where it was said that Kimberly's body was found at the Park and Ride. What I came up with is a straight path.

But what I found in the middle of that path is somewhat chilling.

View attachment 129264

Do you see the purple pin in the middle of the path? That's right around the area of 12-Oaks-Mall, where 17-year-old Kellie Brownlee was said to have been hitchhiking, when she disappeared on May 20, 1982, exactly two months after Kimberly disappeared to the day.

On March 20, 1969, 23-year-old U of M student Jane Mixer disappeared after posting a note on a college bulletin board seeking a ride across the state to her hometown of Muskegon.

Mixer is the only Ann Arbor MI, murder victim that was not tied to John Norman Collins, the "Michigan Murderer". Mixer's body was found in a graveyard the day after she dissapeared.

Do these murders have anything in common?

Joan Mixer - March 20, 1969
Kimberly Louiselle - March 20, 1982
Kellie Brownlee - May 20, 1982
Christina Castiglione - March 19, 1983

Is it possible that the murderer in these above cases, might have been somewhat of a John Collins copycat killer?
Kim was last seen at 8 mile and Merriman so technically that is where she came up missing from.

Kim was last seen at 8 mile and Merriman so technically that is where she came up missing from.

If you look at the map of where KL was last seen and where she was found, you will see that Kelly Brownlee was last seen hitchhiking right in the middle where she disappeared exactly one month later to the day; which was May 20, 1982.

If you look at the map of where KL was last seen and where she was found, you will see that Kelly Brownlee was last seen hitchhiking right in the middle where she disappeared exactly one month later to the day; which was May 20, 1982.
Yes, I am aware.

Hi. My name is Cindy. I am Kims sister. I want to thank all of you for showing interest in her case. If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them, and if I don't have the answer, I will get it. Thank you all again.

Welcome to WS Cindy. You will want to sign up to be a verified insider, so forum posters will know that you are Kim's sister.

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Last edited:
I wonder if the site where Kim's body was found might have also been used to dispose of other victims from that time frame and locality.

I wonder if the site where Kim's body was found might have also been used to dispose of other victims from that time frame and locality.
I know that when Kim was found they did search the area pretty well looking for anything as Kim was found nude. I know this because during their search they found some dynamite buried in the same area Kim was found. I'll have to see if I can find any newspaper clipping on that. I no longer live in Michigan but almost every time I am in Michigan I go and walk thru the area Kim was found.

I know that when Kim was found they did search the area pretty well looking for anything as Kim was found nude.

Hi Cindy, I'm so sorry for what happened to your sister. Do you know if her clothing or other belongings were ever recovered?

Does anyone familiar with the area n 1982 know if there were any oil or gas wells in the immediate vicinity of where Kim was found?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanamburga
Back