Resolved MI - Kimberly Louiselle, 16, Oakland Co, 21 Mar 1982

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Information on the dynamite:

View attachment 199756
The article says that Kim was missing for three weeks and had only been dead for four to six days when she was found. If that's correct, then she was held for over two weeks, which is atypical. I wonder whether the post-mortem interval was correct, though. Does anyone know what the temperatures were like that spring? Cold weather would have slowed down decomposition.

Does anyone familiar with the area n 1982 know if there were any oil or gas wells in the immediate vicinity of where Kim was found?

this was a rural area in 1982. It's possible that there was something like that in the vicinity. I know that a few miles north was the GM proving ground (Milford)

Does anyone familiar with the area n 1982 know if there were any oil or gas wells in the immediate vicinity of where Kim was found?
No, there wasn't. Kim was found in a field behind a small park and ride on the corner of Kensington Rd and Grand River. It was just a little dirt lot on the corner with a fence at the back of it to separate it from the state land behind it. If it was dark out and you didn't know it was there, you would have never noticed it, as the whole area was just dark at night. At the back of the dirt lot, there was a small walk thru opening in the fense. Once you went thru the opening and trees there was a big open field to the left and trees to the right. Kids use to go thru there to get to trails that lead to a gravel pit they would all hang out and swim at.
There were oil rigs on a dirt road off of Pontiac Trail on your way into town coming from Kensington. That was a few mails away from where Kim was found though.

The article says that Kim was missing for three weeks and had only been dead for four to six days when she was found. If that's correct, then she was held for over two weeks, which is atypical. I wonder whether the post-mortem interval was correct, though. Does anyone know what the temperatures were like that spring? Cold weather would have slowed down decomposition.
Honestly, there was snow on the ground when they found Kims body. I use to doubt my memory on that because I was only 13 when she was found and it was the middle of April which didn't seem like there would be snow so a few years ago I looked up the weather on April 14, 1982 (just to test my memory) and it had actually snowed on April 12 of that year. So yes, it was still cold out.

No, there wasn't. Kim was found in a field behind a small park and ride on the corner of Kensington Rd and Grand River. It was just a little dirt lot on the corner with a fence at the back of it to separate it from the state land behind it. If it was dark out and you didn't know it was there, you would have never noticed it, as the whole area was just dark at night. At the back of the dirt lot, there was a small walk thru opening in the fense. Once you went thru the opening and trees there was a big open field to the left and trees to the right. Kids use to go thru there to get to trails that lead to a gravel pit they would all hang out and swim at.
There were oil rigs on a dirt road off of Pontiac Trail on your way into town coming from Kensington. That was a few mails away from where Kim was found though.
Have you ever been to Redford Twp. before kim's murder ?

Thank you so much!

... Louiselle, a 5’7” 127-pound brunette with brown eyes who left her home on March 18, 1982, to hitchhike to her boyfriend’s house in Redford, where she remained for two days. On Wednesday, March 20, the couple discussed breaking up and he left for work...

...Kim then walked to 6 Mile Road and Centralia, where she got a ride from a person known to her to 8 Mile Road and Merriman. At 6:30 that evening, another acquaintance of the Louiselle family reported seeing Louiselle in that area and indicated she was wearing an artificial fur jacket and jeans. So far as is known, it was the last time she seen alive by anyone other than her killer...

LINK:
'81, '82, '83 Murders Still Unsolved | What Lies Beyond

Do we have any idea why Kim was in the 8 Mile and Merriman area?

Have you ever been to Redford Twp. before kim's murder ?
Yes. We have family all around Redford. Our grandparents lived at Schoolcraft and Beech Daily as well as an aunt plus other aunts and uncles around the 6 mile, 7 mile, Telegraph area. We have a big family.

Do we have any idea why Kim was in the 8 Mile and Merriman area?
Kim was picked up hitchhiking from 6 mile and Lasher area. Kims boyfriends brother walked Kim to the end of their road and waited with her until she got picked up. He wrote the license plate number down on the car that picked her up. Thats how they were able to find that guy. He said he dropped Kim off at 8 Mile and Merriman. A family member saw her there but was running late for something so didn't stop. That family member also didn't know she needed a ride. Kim also made phone calls from a pay phone there to friends trying to find a ride the rest of the way home. I know of 4 people she called that day saying that's where she was. That's the last place anyone heard from her at.

I have always wondered if she did find someone to pick her up. And its someone we know. Because where she was found, unless you knew the area, you weren't finding the area she was found in. Local kids knew the area very well.
Just figured I'd put my thought out there.

Was there any DNA preserved? Obviously they wouldn't have done anything with it back then, but any that could be or has been recently usable?

Was there any DNA preserved? Obviously they wouldn't have done anything with it back then, but any that could be or has been recently usable?
No. The little DNA they had got contaminated years and years ago. Unfortunately I've been told there is none left.

No. The little DNA they had got contaminated years and years ago. Unfortunately I've been told there is none left.

Is it possible that the family might have something of hers that contains her DNA? Such things as an old hairbrush, toothbrush, baby teeth or hair, a teddy bear, letters from her which have postage stamps or envelopes which she licked could all provide the DNA needed.

Is it possible that the family might have something of hers that contains her DNA? Such things as an old hairbrush, toothbrush, baby teeth or hair, a teddy bear, letters from her which have postage stamps or envelopes which she licked could all provide the DNA needed.
I would have to ask my mom and dad because I honestly don't know if they do or not. They have moved twice since Kims death.

Why would we need Kims DNA? I figured it was the person who killed her whos DNA was contaminated.

I was talking about DNA from the killer. Her own DNA wouldn't do much good I don't think.

DNA goes both ways when attempting to identify a suspect. DNA from the suspect found on a Victim is perhaps how most cold cases are being solved today.

However, DNA from the victim found on an article in the possession of a potential suspect could also be used in evidence against him/her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanamburga
Back