GUILTY MI - Leelanau Co, Female over 50 years old, Homicide, Near Maple City, Dec 2019 - Wanda Mae Lyons

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
LEELANAU COUNTY, Mich. (WPBN/WGTU) -- The Leelanau County Sheriff's Office is investigating after a body was found in a field.

Leelanau County Sheriff Mike Borkovich said this is a homicide investigation.

He says the body belongs to a female who is over 50 years old.

[...]

Investigators were called to the field south of Maple City near Kasson Center Road and South Newman Road around 11:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Borkovich said the wind and snowfall was making the investigation difficult.

He said someone driving down Kasson Center Road thought they spotted what appeared to be drag marks through the fresh snow and thought they would come across a deer carcass.

After following the tracks, the body was discovered dumped over the side of a hill, according to Borkovich.

Read more: Body found in Leelanau County field

Police say the woman’s body sustained a lot of trauma and they recently found out the woman was over 50 years.

Police also said that there is not any danger to the public, but you should be alert if you’re in the area.

The woman’s body was sent downstate for an autopsy.

BREAKING: Police Say a Body was Found in Leelanau Co. - 9 & 10 News

LEELANAU COUNTY, Mich. (WPBN/WGTU) -- The Leelanau County Sheriff's Office is investigating after a body was found in a field.

Leelanau County Sheriff Mike Borkovich said this is a homicide investigation.

He says the body belongs to a female who is over 50 years old.

[...]

Investigators were called to the field south of Maple City near Kasson Center Road and South Newman Road around 11:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Borkovich said the wind and snowfall was making the investigation difficult.

He said someone driving down Kasson Center Road thought they spotted what appeared to be drag marks through the fresh snow and thought they would come across a deer carcass.

After following the tracks, the body was discovered dumped over the side of a hill, according to Borkovich.

Read more: Body found in Leelanau County field

Police say the woman’s body sustained a lot of trauma and they recently found out the woman was over 50 years.

Police also said that there is not any danger to the public, but you should be alert if you’re in the area.

The woman’s body was sent downstate for an autopsy.

BREAKING: Police Say a Body was Found in Leelanau Co. - 9 & 10 News
MOO if LE is releasing age it tells me they probably know who she is.

Leelanau County Sheriff Mike Borkovich said investigators are treating it as a homicide. Authorities were called Wednesday after a caller wondered if the drag marks might have been caused by someone dumping a dead deer or trash in the Maple City area, northwest of Traverse City.

An autopsy is set for Thursday. The woman appeared to over 50 years old.

“Someone tried to dispose of or hide a body,” said Borkovich, who added there were obvious signs of trauma.

Benzie County Sheriff Ted Schendel said he doesn’t believe it’s Adrienne Quintal, a Detroit-area woman who is missing from a family cabin in Honor.

Woman's body found in snowy rural area in Leelanau County

Police believe a body found in Leelanau County may be related to an ongoing missing person investigation by the Traverse City Police Department.

The body, identified as a female in her late 50s to early 70s, was found around 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday in a field near Kasson Center and South Newman roads south of Maple City.

The body has been transported to the Western Michigan University School of Medicine in Kalamazoo for an autopsy. The name of the women will be released later Thursday, police said.

Missing person’s case possibly linked to body found in Northern Michigan

Investigators Identify Body found in Leelanau County as 62-year-old Illinois Woman - 9 & 10 News

Investigators say the body of a woman found in the woods in Leelanau County was of a woman who was reported missing in Traverse City.

The Traverse City Police Department is now treating it as a homicide case. The woman’s identity has not been released, but police say she was 62 and originally from the Chicago area.

She had been living in Traverse City for the past few months. Her husband reported her missing Wednesday night when he came home and did not find her there.

Police have identified a suspect, who is in jail on other charges. Police believe the suspect may have known the victim. They say their suspect is not her husband.

Traverse City police on Friday, Dec. 13 identified Wanda Mae Lyons, formerly of Chicago, as the woman found dead Wednesday morning in a field near Kasson Center and South Newman roads south of Maple City in Leelanau County. A motorist followed fresh drag marks in the snow that led to the body, police said. The woman’s husband reported her missing Wednesday night.

Grand Traverse County prosecutors have charged Frank Theodore Supal, 50, with open murder. He was arraigned late Friday.

Lyons had been living on-and-off at the Terrace Beach Motel for about three months, police said Friday. Supal also was an intermittent resident of the motel and is from Maple City.

Police arrested Supal Thursday on a charge of lying to a police officer during a violent crime investigation. On Friday, prosecutors brought the more serious charge.

Police identify woman found dead in Northern Michigan field, suspect arraigned

Frank Supal has a very long history of violence towards anyone, especially women. Many instances were not reported to the police.

Before he had carried out this vicious murder, he had been jailed for 93 days for an attack on my brother's fiance's mother. They had had an alcohol fueled argument that had ended in him smashing her head against a vehicle. This attack had caused her to have a seizure and she was hospitalized for a short time afterward. She sadly dropped the charges against him.

He has also been violent toward me, my family, and my friends throughout the whole 27 years I have known him.

I'm so sorry about your brother's mother in law. I just wish she would have pressed charges so he got punished like he should have and maybe my mother would still be alive today!! I guess that is what it took for this man to be behind bars because believe me if the police didn't get him so fast I would have been up there in a flash to show him what it's like to get BEAT by a woman!!!

It's my mother Wanda Lyons go fund me page. I mean you can't plan for your mother's murder I would just love to be able to give her the proper memorial she deserves it. Also would love to get to see the trial of this coward to be her support in the room. I need to tell him how my family and I feel about what he did to her. It would at least give me some peace. It's a 9hr drive to get to that part of Michigan from where I am in Iowa.

I'm so sorry about your brother's mother in law. I just wish she would have pressed charges so he got punished like he should have and maybe my mother would still be alive today!! I guess that is what it took for this man to be behind bars because believe me if the police didn't get him so fast I would have been up there in a flash to show him what it's like to get BEAT by a woman!!!

My heart goes out to you and your family... I'm so sorry for what you have been put through...

I honestly started following this from the beginning because she had been left less than a mile away from my old house. The articles say that him and his dad had owned property there, but they are wrong. His dad passed away almost 20 years ago, he had been living with my dad in that area, and neither of them had owned any of that property.

My brother's MIL had been a victim of domestic violence for a while and sadly, a high percentage of DV victims don't press charges or drop charges for multiple reasons... All of us had expressed confusion and some anger over her dropping the charges and in response she told us how scared she was of him. She ended up "couch surfing" after he got released the last time, out of fear... I think his lawyer also found some kind of discrepancy that lead to a lesser sentence on that case. If they had also charged him as a habitual offender in that case (I don't think they did) then he would have most likely gotten a longer sentence. He deserves to rot in prison for the rest of his life.

I'm not making excuses, just adding all of that because I would have personally liked to know if I were in the same situation...

On a somewhat lighter note... When I was 16, we got into an argument. It turned into a short physical fight, he swung at me and only grazed the top of my head and I swung and gave him a large black eye... He lied out of embarrassment about where he got it from the entire time he had it. I always laugh about that because he always acted so tough, but got bested by a 16yo girl

I don't know if any of this was insensitive, and I really hope it wasn't and I'm really sorry if it was... I really do hope that justice is served for you and your family

Does anyone know what happened when he went to court on the 28th...i would really like to make it there at some point if there is a trial. #justiceforWandaLyons

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back