MI - Neurosurgeon Dr. Devon Hoover, 53, found fatally shot during welfare check, Detroit, Apr 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Then click on hearings down below and to the right. ETA: Let me know if you don't find it. I'm sure you will, tho.

Found it. I guess it's probably not about Dr H, but I swear I did not see murder when I first looked at it early today. I think that would have stood out to me, but I was watching Vallow, Stauch and doing 14 other things so maybe I overlooked it.

Sounds very personal.
Someone angry about a surgery on themselves or a relative ?
An injustice collector upset over the amount they had to pay after insurance ?
Did he have a significant other ?
I'm assuming his house had security cameras.
Still no poi or suspect named/arrested, though.

Rest in peace, Devon.

Found it. I guess it's probably not about Dr H, but I swear I did not see murder when I first looked at it early today. I think that would have stood out to me, but I was watching Vallow, Stauch and doing 14 other things so maybe I overlooked it.

I'm still confused. I see two different "offense" dates... one Sept 2022 and the next is April 2023. My brain is too tired to figure it out. :confused:

I'm almost 100% sure it's the same guy, but middle names are spelled differently. 2022 warrant for 2nd degree has a court date May 1 and docket numbers match.

Gonna be a huge uproar if they could have had this guy behind bars and then he murdered Dr. H.

You can find him here and compare to the recently booked guy by looking at the 36th District Court here

Looking at the 36th District page, it says bond was denied on March 23, 2023 and I don't see that the bond decision was changed. From this it seems this person would have/should have been in custody throughout April. Maybe I'm reading to wrong, but that's what I see. JMO.

Just in case : Home Invasion
OMF

Michigan Legislature - Section 750.110a

750.110a Definitions; home invasion; first degree

(2) A person who breaks and enters a dwelling with intent to commit a felony, larceny, or assault in the dwelling, a person who enters a dwelling without permission with intent to commit a felony, larceny, or assault in the dwelling, or a person who breaks and enters a dwelling or enters a dwelling without permission and, at any time while he or she is entering, present in, or exiting the dwelling, commits a felony, larceny, or assault is guilty of home invasion in the first degree if at any time while the person is entering, present in, or exiting the dwelling either of the following circumstances exists:
(a) The person is armed with a dangerous weapon.
(b) Another person is lawfully present in the dwelling.

(5) Home invasion in the first degree is a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 20 years or a fine of not more than $5,000.00, or both.

Personal Tether Monitoring
FEB 17, 2022
"Jail officials say for most inmates the delay is not longer than three days unless there are complications."
Wayne County Sheriff's Office defends tether program amid report of lengthy delays

Hoover knew his killer, which is why there was no forced entry into the home, but an important distinction to be made is that the person in custody is in custody on an unrelated warrant.

“We’re confident that the person has information on what transpired,” said Detroit Police Chief James White.

Police aren’t calling the man taken into custody around 12:15 a.m. a suspect yet. But the two did know each other.

Mara MacDonald: “Are you comfortable characterizing the nature of the relationship at this time?”

White: “I am not comfortable doing that at this point. I think that it would be irresponsible for me to do that until I know a little bit more information. Right now, though, we are happy to have a person of interest who we could question. We are confident as a police agency that this person knows something about what occurred.”

Now there is a probation violation that was added to his record for April 29th at 1:26am. so weird

That certainly suggests JRJ was on probation at the time. (I sure don't like how it looks)

The news report (dated 4/28) linked above states the man was taken into custody at 12:15am so I assume that was 4/28 ??

I still can't decide if this is "the" guy.

There is no doubt that the doctor was a great person.
I am wondering if this was some sort of "hired relationship", since he was allowed into the house. He wasn't married and the obit didn't mention a fiancee or "special friend" so I am wondering if he hired someone? That still doesn't sit right with me, though, because of the age difference and the fact that he had lots of friends who could have set him up.

Hoover knew his killer, which is why there was no forced entry into the home, but an important distinction to be made is that the person in custody is in custody on an unrelated warrant.

“We’re confident that the person has information on what transpired,” said Detroit Police Chief James White.

Police aren’t calling the man taken into custody around 12:15 a.m. a suspect yet. But the two did know each other.

Mara MacDonald: “Are you comfortable characterizing the nature of the relationship at this time?”

White: “I am not comfortable doing that at this point. I think that it would be irresponsible for me to do that until I know a little bit more information. Right now, though, we are happy to have a person of interest who we could question. We are confident as a police agency that this person knows something about what occurred.”

How did the good doctor know this POI?

Is the POI a frequent dinner companion? Is the POI helpful in restoration techniques? Is the POI the mailman, the guy who pressure washes the concrete, the person who cleans his mansion, a co-worker or someone else?

Did the POI help in some way to murder the good doctor? I've considered the Police caught onto the POI by seeing cctv of Dr. Hoover's vehicle being left on the W side of town.

How did the good doctor know this POI?

Is the POI a frequent dinner companion? Is the POI helpful in restoration techniques? Is the POI the mailman, the guy who pressure washes the concrete, the person who cleans his mansion, a co-worker or someone else?

Did the POI help in some way to murder the good doctor? I've considered the Police caught onto the POI by seeing cctv of Dr. Hoover's vehicle being left on the W side of town.

All great questions. Also, with an historic villa like Dr Hoover's... I'd bet he has surveillance cameras in and/or around his home/property. I hope there's evidence there, too.

The DP Chief stated when his people entered the Boston Blvd residence, they immediately saw signs that all was not well. Did the police obtain a keypad code from his family so they could enter the residence without damaging a door or window?

If the Police noticed things were amiss upon entry, it's safe to say the crime began on the ground level. That indicates the killer wrapped the targeted victim in
1. a sheet
2. a blanket
3. plastic (I've heard all 3 mentioned from various MSM reports) before carrying the load to the 3rd floor in order to secrete the dastardly deed. But, if it was obvious upon entry that something terrible may have happened, why bother to wrap the body and take it upstairs?

The DP Chief stated when his people entered the Boston Blvd residence, they immediately saw signs that all was not well. Did the police obtain a keypad code from his family so they could enter the residence without damaging a door or window?

If the Police noticed things were amiss upon entry, it's safe to say the crime began on the ground level. That indicates the killer wrapped the targeted victim in
1. a sheet
2. a blanket
3. plastic (I've heard all 3 mentioned from various MSM reports) before carrying the load to the 3rd floor in order to secrete the dastardly deed. But, if it was obvious upon entry that something terrible may have happened, why bother to wrap the body and take it upstairs?
It's possible an altercation started on the first floor and the police saw signs of this. Possibly the altercation ended on the third floor (the attic floor). Maybe the killer wrapped the body in plastic to try to hide the body somewhere in that area to buy time. Or to cover the victim, for that reason alone, as we know that killers who murder someone close to them often cover the body. Maybe it was both.

Just speculation, of course.

I know this is getting ahead of things, but I am thinking about the historical house/mansion that he so lovingly restored, and the grounds that are so impeccably kept. Apparently he held multiple charity events at his home, including for the opera and other cultural organizations. I would love to see a local philanthropist purchase the home from his family (if he left the home to his family if he had a will, or if he didn't then it would go to his family automatically, I believe). And turn it into the Devon Hoover Museum or something similar in his name (or the Devon Hoover Center for the Arts, or something similar).

Gardening groups could also maintain it, the fountains, plants, etc. This assumes the family will not want to keep it, I suppose it depends on their finances. But if they do decide to sell it, then I hope it is purchased by a wealthy philanthropist or philanthropic organization. And with a family member or two serving on the board to ensure it stays true to his memory. Just some thoughts on the future of this wonderful property that Dr. Hoover so lovingly restored and poured so much of himself into.

Edited to add - So many I think would love to see a monument/place like this in his memory and generations would be able to learn about this unique soul at the Hoover House in Detroit, Michigan.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet81bet
Back